PDA

View Full Version : Del Negro or Players talent?

spursncowboys
11-06-2009, 09:00 AM
Are the players this good, or is Del Negro "il grande stratega"?

picc84
11-06-2009, 09:08 AM
Anyone who watched the playoffs last year knows that anything the Bulls accomplish will be in spite of Vinny del Negro.

mogrovejo
11-06-2009, 09:35 AM
They play great defence, rebound well and hustle like crazy. Their offence is putrid, but I don't think Del Negro should be blamed for that - their lack of reliable outside shooters and a low post scorer makes them predictable offensively.

Culburn369
11-06-2009, 10:10 AM
Del Negro ain't no George Karl in the eyes of Media, that's fer sure. They got Vinny strapped to the whipping post and are just waiting for a prompt to start beating that white ass in public.

nkdlunch
11-06-2009, 10:25 AM
Vinny is disciplined. and he sticks to his gameplay. dude is gonna b a good coach.

spursncowboys
11-06-2009, 11:19 AM
Vinny is disciplined. and he sticks to his gameplay. dude is gonna b a good coach.

+1
The fact that he was given a young guard heavy team, and building them to be competitive for some years to come is pretty impressive. I don't think Phil Jackson and Pop would have this kind of success with the team inherited.

Culburn369
11-06-2009, 11:45 AM
+1
The fact that he was given a young guard heavy team, and building them to be competitive for some years to come is pretty impressive. I don't think Phil Jackson and Pop would have this kind of success with the team inherited.

What success?

egtonecity
11-06-2009, 12:18 PM
I'm pretty sure their success has something to do with Vinny's hair.

JamStone
11-06-2009, 01:04 PM
I haven't really studied his coaching style and technique enough to really know, but it seems like he's more neutral than anything. Doesn't really cost his player games by too many poor decision making, but doesn't exactly win games mostly by the merit of his coaching. I think he's taught them to be pretty solid defensively, but many of the players had actually become solid defenders under Scott Skiles as well, so maybe or maybe not. Offensively... ehhhh, he doesn't have a lot to work with but isn't all that impressive with his offensive sets regardless. I think his players help him because he does have some above average athleticism and quickness. I also think that the Spurs and the Cavs played extremely poorly against the Bulls. Give them some credit, but maybe it's more the fault of the Spurs and Cavs rather than what the Bulls did. I'm not sure. Obviously, this early on in the season, we'll need to see how the rest of the season goes to better evaluate Del Negro as a coach. Last year wasn't completely fair to judge him. This year, towards the end of the season and how they play in the playoffs (assuming they make it) will give us a better idea of how good or bad he is as a coach.

lefty
11-06-2009, 01:14 PM
Del Negro communicates well with his young players.

I remember last, during the Celtics Series, how calm and collected he looked from the sidelines, no panicking at all.

That gives an edge to the players.

Culburn369
11-06-2009, 01:16 PM
Yeah, but, ain't Del in a pissin' match with that Tyrus Thomas guy?

Austin_Toros
11-06-2009, 04:50 PM
when deng is posting a 20-20 i dont think it can be all del negro

Austin_Toros
11-06-2009, 04:52 PM
Yeah, but, ain't Del in a pissin' match with that Tyrus Thomas guy?

from what i heard, last season del negro was angry with the inconsistencies of both thomas and noah - i think he was actually quite harsh in what he said if i remember correctly. im guessing this season hes cooled off.

EmptyMan
11-06-2009, 05:16 PM
Players. Chicago almost pissed away the game with that horrid last possession.

Culburn369
11-06-2009, 05:21 PM
Thomas broke his arm this morning lifting weights in Chicago. He's out 4-6 weeks.