PDA

View Full Version : Last year on this date...

ClingingMars
11-06-2009, 01:28 PM
...we were 1-5. And yes, we STILL made the playoffs.

Not the time to panic people...is the defense right now acceptable? ABSOLUTELY NOT. But Pop has earned my faith and trust. It will change, mark my words.

Spur|n|Austin
11-06-2009, 01:32 PM
There's actually sane Spurs fans still here! Praise God!

ClingingMars
11-06-2009, 01:36 PM
There's actually sane Spurs fans still here! Praise God!

I remember the fans who were running toward the cliff when Pop started bringing Manu off the bench in 2007. Then I remember the end result.

Chomag
11-06-2009, 01:37 PM
Pop is God. Don't question it!

evi11emons
11-06-2009, 01:56 PM
Pop is God. Don't question it!
:worthy: :pop:

elec99
11-06-2009, 02:48 PM
I don't doubt we'll get better, we have the most significant additions of any team so logically it would make sense that we'd need more time to gel. What bummed me out last night was not the loss but the lack of energy, and especially having 4 days off it did not make sense. I'd expect too much rest to contribute to poor execution, shots not dropping, bad passes, but would still expect some desire to defend, poke at balls, that kinda stuff...
It was like watching two different generations play each other...

xtremesteven33
11-06-2009, 03:00 PM
Pop is indeed a great coach but also he is very stubborn. Most times to a fault. The team flaws are obvious and he knows what they are it just seems like he doesnt want to change his plans.

He always seems to want to march to the beat of his own drum. And thats why he pisses off alot of Spurs fans. It seems like he does it on purpose.

I wont panic or get really pissed off until ASB. If by then Pop hasnt made any major adjustments or tweeks than I will hop on the "F*** Pop" Bandwagon...

Warlord23
11-06-2009, 03:17 PM
You rah-rah types don't get it, do you? I don't care about the goddamn record. They could be 0-4 with Hairston and Mahinmi getting Finley and Bonner's minutes and I'd be happy. On the flip side, they could be 4-0 with Finley and Bonner starting and I'd still be mad at Pop.

We've seen this story before. Yes, the team will raise their level of play. The big 3 will turn it on find a way to get us to 50+ wins ... along the way Fin and Bonner will make a boatload of 3s, many of them in games that we would have won anyway. Then we will face stiff competition in the playoffs and it'll start getting ugly. We will get beat on the boards, wont be able to defend athletic wings and forwards.

You guys sure have short memories. Remember Bonner being hailed as their MVP by Mavs fans after last year's first-round exit? I would rather see Mahinmi and Hairston fail (a fairly probable scenario) than Bonner and Finley fail (100% certain scenario)

We have retooled the team in the middle of a recession, only to see the same mistakes being made again.

Silver&Black Warrior
11-06-2009, 04:54 PM
...we were 1-5. And yes, we STILL made the playoffs.

Not the time to panic people...is the defense right now acceptable? ABSOLUTELY NOT. But Pop has earned my faith and trust. It will change, mark my words.

Excellent point. I was unaware of this. And to think we turned things around with a lot less depth and lots of injuries.

mexicanjunior
11-06-2009, 04:58 PM
You rah-rah types don't get it, do you? I don't care about the goddamn record. They could be 0-4 with Hairston and Mahinmi getting Finley and Bonner's minutes and I'd be happy. On the flip side, they could be 4-0 with Finley and Bonner starting and I'd still be mad at Pop.

We've seen this story before. Yes, the team will raise their level of play. The big 3 will turn it on find a way to get us to 50+ wins ... along the way Fin and Bonner will make a boatload of 3s, many of them in games that we would have won anyway. Then we will face stiff competition in the playoffs and it'll start getting ugly. We will get beat on the boards, wont be able to defend athletic wings and forwards.

You guys sure have short memories. Remember Bonner being hailed as their MVP by Mavs fans after last year's first-round exit? I would rather see Mahinmi and Hairston fail (a fairly probable scenario) than Bonner and Finley fail (100% certain scenario)

We have retooled the team in the middle of a recession, only to see the same mistakes being made again.

Great post...all these "true fans" and "believe in Pop's cock" threads make me sick. There is obvious problems with this team right now, regardless of having a better record now than we did last year. If Finley and Bonner were not starting, I think we could accept these losses as growing pains but instead we are being force fed the same shit we throw up on last May. All it would take is Pop to open his eyes to realize 2 of his starters are killing this team against decent competition. It will only get worse before it ever gets better...

temujin
11-06-2009, 06:55 PM
Spurs were 1-3 after 4 games, and then 2-5 last season.

Never 1-5.

JustinJDW
11-06-2009, 08:00 PM
Yeah, you are right. If there is one Team in the League I would rather have a rocky start with, it would be the Spurs. The Spurs never panic and Pop never panics, and they got four Championships out of it.

So why the hell are we panicking?

spursfan1000
11-06-2009, 08:43 PM
of course we shouldent worry, damn we are only 4 games into the season!!!!