PDA

View Full Version : How come the Spurs can never use all the clock?

red kryptonite
04-18-2005, 09:29 PM
The Spurs have terrible clock management. The Grizzlies should have never gotten another shot. This isn't the first time this has happened.

PM5K
04-18-2005, 09:32 PM
I've been bitching about that to myself as well. When you have a tie you should take the shot at the very last second, this guarantees that the other team will not have a shot at beating you, worst case scenario is an overtime game.

Jordan was great at this, typically his shot went through the basket just as time expired, giving the opponent no chance.....

timvp
04-18-2005, 09:34 PM
The Spurs haven't been good at this since Avery Johnson left. Ever since then, they take shots way too early.

It'll cost them a playoff game.

Jimcs50
04-18-2005, 09:36 PM
The Spurs haven't been good at this since Avery Johnson left. Ever since then, they take shots way too early.

It'll cost them a playoff game.

timvp, they want a chance to get the O reb, they got a bunch of them, but the shot was not close to us.

red kryptonite
04-18-2005, 09:41 PM
timvp, they want a chance to get the O reb, they got a bunch of them, but the shot was not close to us.

when the game is tied, no one is trying to shoot with time on the clock. If you're playing towards a rebound, that's a self-defeating strategy. You only leave time when you're behind.

Learn basketball.

PM5K
04-18-2005, 09:43 PM
when the game is tied, no one is trying to shoot with time on the clock. If you're playing towards a rebound, that's a self-defeating strategy. You only leave time when you're behind.

Learn basketball.

Check and Mate....

Jimcs50
04-18-2005, 09:44 PM

Learn basketball.

Tell that to Okur.

:rolleyes

Jimcs50
04-18-2005, 09:44 PM
Check and Mate....

suck on my last post.

Jimcs50
04-18-2005, 09:45 PM

Learn basketball.

Jimcs50
04-18-2005, 09:45 PM
Learn basketball

I have forgotten more about bball than you will ever know, asshole.

Jimcs50
04-18-2005, 09:58 PM
And another thing...I have seen the Spurs turn the ball over in that situation with a shot clock violation. If you leave 1 sec on the clock, you should be able to defend that last 1 sec. Spurs deserved to lose...all there is to it.

Tek_XX
04-18-2005, 10:00 PM
Remember when we were down by 3 and we waited for the last shot, that's the brillance of pop

Spurminator
04-18-2005, 10:00 PM
When you're open with a few seconds left, you shoot. You don't wait to get covered.

red kryptonite
04-18-2005, 10:02 PM
you're fishing...but there's no fish.

Spurminator
04-18-2005, 10:03 PM
Oh?

Please dissect my faulty logic.

timvp
04-18-2005, 10:05 PM
Manu was the one who made the mistake. He needed to wait a second or two more so that he either goes all the way to the rim or he creates a shot with next to nothing on the clock.

At worst it's overtime. At best, you hit the shot at the buzzer.

By shooting (or making your move) early, you enter "lose" into the equation.

Nikos
04-18-2005, 10:07 PM
Not only did Manu make this mistake, but it seems the rest of the Spurs do this as well.

Parker did it atleast 2-3 times in a span of 2-3 games when Duncan was out.

I do not understand it.

Honestly I probably would go for a bad shot and not allow the other team to have one on their HOMECOURT, when they have scored the last couple possesions.

But for some reason the Spurs don't seem to understand this.

SequSpur
04-18-2005, 10:08 PM
Manu was the one who made the mistake. He needed to wait a second or two more so that he either goes all the way to the rim or he creates a shot with next to nothing on the clock.

At worst it's overtime. At best, you hit the shot at the buzzer.

By shooting (or making your move) early, you enter "lose" into the equation.

:claps hands.

Spurminator
04-18-2005, 10:08 PM
If we're talking about Manu starting the play, then I back off. I;ve got no problem with the timing of Horry's shot, though.

red kryptonite
04-18-2005, 10:10 PM
If we're talking about Manu starting the play, then I back off. I;ve got no problem with the timing of Horry's shot, though.

*puts hands over eyes*

boutons
04-18-2005, 10:26 PM
All these crunch time fuckups in the season, these execution and coaching errors, do you really think they all will go poof and disappear for the playoffs?

Quasar
04-18-2005, 11:28 PM
Yes... this is indeed very disappointing.

I have no problem with having Horry to shoot that last shot, but GRob should've been out there as well.

I thought they'd win this one, but it seems the spurs are losing their mojo. Everytime I see a few seconds left on the clock, I just KNOW the opponents are gonna score.

Where's the world-class defense when they need it?