PDA

View Full Version : Where Was Theo, Pop???

Kent_in_Atlanta
11-06-2009, 06:25 PM
I watched Thursday night in disgust as the Jazz took steamrolled us in the paint and took the ball to the rim at will. Didn't we sign a guy over the winter whose sole job on this team is to provide (if only on a part-time basis) a physical presence in the post, and protect the rim??

In a game like that, why was Theo Ratliff the only Spurs player who didn't leave the bench??

Anyone???

Dice
11-06-2009, 06:28 PM
I'd very much like to see him getting Bonner's minutes.

rayray2k8
11-06-2009, 06:34 PM
Do you honestly believe Theo was the answer?

weebo
11-06-2009, 06:41 PM
I agree. Bonner's D, or lack there of, should merit Theo some playing time. I don't get it with Pop sometimes...what's with all this love for Bonner? I don't mind him so much as a fifth big coming off the bench, but when he isn't hitting bombs from the outside he is practically useless. Hell, I would much rather see Ian getting his minutes just to have a guy out on the floor who can at the very least attempt to block a shot. This is very frustrating.

jbspurs
11-06-2009, 06:48 PM
I agree. Bonner's D, or lack there of, should merit Theo some playing time. I don't get it with Pop sometimes...what's with all this love for Bonner? I don't mind him so much as a fifth big coming off the bench, but when he isn't hitting bombs from the outside he is practically useless. Hell, I would much rather see Ian getting his minutes just to have a guy out on the floor who can at the very least attempt to block a shot. This is very frustrating.

Other teams coaches becomes genius when Bonner is on the floor. Simple, give the ball to whoever Bonner is guarding! I was upset at the same time laughing when I saw Okur beat him off the dribble. BENCH BONNER PLEASE!!!

Dice
11-06-2009, 06:52 PM

I don't think he was the answer but Bonner on the floor reminds me of when you play a pickup game and there's one guy there who can't play for sh*t. Someone has to pick him up and it ends up being uneven teams even though there's an equal amount of players on the floor.

I feel like he's eating into time where you could be getting Theo's legs under him and not lose anything but a spot up shooter.

Kent_in_Atlanta
11-06-2009, 06:54 PM

"THE ANSWER"?

No. Dwight Howard would be THE ANSWER. But since he's not suiting up for the Spurs, we have to work with what we've got in terms of interior defense.

Ratliff isn't THE ANSWER, but I thought he was brought in here to be a small part of the answer. If that's the case (and if it's not, why did we sign him??), why wasn't he on the floor in a game in which we were getting abused inside? He's a role player, and certainly nothing more. But through the first 4 games of this season, has there been a more appropriate time for him to perform that role??

Kent_in_Atlanta
11-06-2009, 06:57 PM
Bonner helps the Spurs a good bit on the offensive end of the floor. It's not just the points he puts in himself... but he also spaces the floor and draws the other team's PF off the block, clearing room for drives to the basket or for Tim to go to work.

But DEFENSIVELY, we're nowhere NEAR what we once where, and won't be as long as Bonner is taking the place of a second shot blocker on the floor.

I don't know... I think Bonner's an offensive asset for the reasons I just mentioned, but I'd really like to see us get back to the championship caliber defense we used to play, and then worry about the offense.

weebo
11-06-2009, 06:58 PM
I think because of the b2b situation we'll get a lil' helping of 'latiff tonight. I also wouldn't mind seeing Hairston.

HarlemHeat37
11-07-2009, 04:13 AM
Has anybody located Theo Ratliff yet?..

z0sa
11-07-2009, 04:20 AM
Theo is a situational player.

Just wait til Tim and Dyess are in shape and dominating.

sabar
11-07-2009, 04:34 AM
Problem is that he can implode health-wise at any moment. It makes both playing him or relying on him difficult.

angelbelow
11-07-2009, 04:35 AM
Theo might have the flu or injured already.

HarlemHeat37
11-07-2009, 04:36 AM
That wasn't a secret when we acquired him though, that's been Ratliff for a minute now..it's not like the FO didn't know that when they signed him..

ezau
11-07-2009, 04:45 AM
Other teams coaches becomes genius when Bonner is on the floor. Simple, give the ball to whoever Bonner is guarding! I was upset at the same time laughing when I saw Okur beat him off the dribble. BENCH BONNER PLEASE!!!

Okur beat him off the dribble. Wow, I've seen it all, there needs to be a "fuck you mat bonner" thread right here.

ceperez
11-07-2009, 08:23 AM
Why activate Ratliff if you aren't going to play him???!

That's 2 games now and all we did was play pathetic small ball.

If anyone would be in a good position to defend Oden or Pryzbilla then it would have been Ratliff.

Wouldn't it be nice if Duncan could roam around and play help defense rather than him having to use his knees all night pushing back these bigger centers?

Aggie Hoopsfan
11-07-2009, 11:21 AM

Do you honestly believe Bonner, Finley, and RJefferson rotating at the C/PF spots with Tim are?

SA210
11-07-2009, 11:34 AM
Pop sucks.

SA210
11-07-2009, 11:34 AM
I'd very much like to see him getting Bonner's minutes.

Manufan909
11-07-2009, 07:23 PM
Why activate Ratliff if you aren't going to play him???!

That's 2 games now and all we did was play pathetic small ball.

If anyone would be in a good position to defend Oden or Pryzbilla then it would have been Ratliff.

Wouldn't it be nice if Duncan could roam around and play help defense rather than him having to use his knees all night pushing back these bigger centers?

So he's been active, but hasn't been played? WTF???