PDA

View Full Version : The contract factor..

HarlemHeat37
11-06-2009, 11:35 PM
We have 3 expiring contracts worth around 10 mil, and we have the *gulp* 10 mil Manu contract..

The negative when trades are involved is the potential lack of chemistry that could hurt a team..right now, we have no chemistry at all, so this won't be an issue at this point..

I'm not advocating it, but at what point do we think about using the contracts for trades?..

Sigz
11-06-2009, 11:37 PM
Trade Bonner for someone with evenly proportional arms that might actually block and alter shots.

TheChillFactor
11-06-2009, 11:40 PM
we HAVE to have a 7 footer next to Duncan. if we don't get him someone there's no point in playing the luxury tax.

this frontline can't hang with Bynum, Gasol and Odom. They would grab every board.

HarlemHeat37
11-06-2009, 11:44 PM
there's really no reason at all not to use these contracts when you consider the players involved are Bonner, Finley, and Mason..3 useless players right now..

slick'81
11-06-2009, 11:45 PM
id tarde any of those guys if there was any value inreturn

trajik dark
11-06-2009, 11:50 PM
hell give me a.i we need sumthing

DPG21920
11-06-2009, 11:54 PM
Honestly, with the way things look, no trade would significantly help. There are too many problems on both sides of the ball that no single trade right now could turn things around.

Some may help, but overall, Spurs have to hope TP, Manu and Duncan can get into shape and that they have not declined to the point that this is the best you will see.

Too early to tell. Have to just be patient and give it time.

bigdog
11-06-2009, 11:55 PM
Pop should really think about tinkering with the lineup for the next few games. Put Mason in a suit, put in Hairston. If Bogans can keep up the D, leave him starting. Let RJ keep attacking and stop trying to make him a spot up shooter, Put Bonner in a suit and get Ian or even Haislip in there. Do something. If he's gonna experiment why not try out some of the guys behind the bench?

HarlemHeat37
11-06-2009, 11:57 PM
Honestly, with the way things look, no trade would significantly help. There are too many problems on both sides of the ball that no single trade right now could turn things around.

Some may help, but overall, Spurs have to hope TP, Manu and Duncan can get into shape and that they have not declined to the point that this is the best you will see.

Too early to tell. Have to just be patient and give it time.

It's hard to imagine Tony somehow regressed in 1 year after having his best overall season..so it's probably just fatigue right now, so I would expect him to bounce back..no reason to think Duncan can't play a secondary offensive role right now, and Manu/RJ should be capable 3rd/4th options..

I can't really see all these players somehow completely regressing in 1 year..

DPG21920
11-07-2009, 12:02 AM
Duncan I can easily see theoretically. He has some injuries and even if he can still be serviceable no matter what, they cannot afford a big drop off from him.

Manu I can easily see. No one knows if he will ever be the same player again and it would not be inconceivable that he is a shell of his former self. Way too early to know this.

TP is not regressing so much as he is playing poorly because of his long summer and his new role. The thing is though, the Spurs needed to TP to take a step forward. So far, that does not look good.

HarlemHeat37
11-07-2009, 12:20 AM
I can't easily see Duncan not being good enough to be a #2 option though, even with his current rust, he's still scoring well enough to be a #2 option..

Manu looks horrible, so it's possible, but we can trade him if we need to..I don't wanna think about it, but this is the only serious value Manu is going to have for the rest of his career, since he has a 10 mil expiring contract in this current NBA style of dumping..

We're already all-in, there's no going back here..if Manu can't play at a high level, we need to get some pieces for him while we can..

DPG21920
11-07-2009, 12:28 AM
I agree the Spurs are all in, I was just saying (maybe pessimistically) that no trade could really help because I can envision a scenario where at least two of the big 3 have regressed. On paper, this team should be enough to compete.

That all hinges on the health of the big 3 and their ability to play at a high level. No other trade will help that or answer that question.

HarlemHeat37
11-07-2009, 12:31 AM
Oh I definitely agree with your point, I'm just optimistic about Tim and Tony..we're definitely done if Tim can't be a legit #2, I just think he can still be..

Manu, I don't know about..at least we can move him if we have to though, even though it's extremely unlikely..