PDA

View Full Version : Popdamnit! 6 players over 6'9" and Fin and RJeff are alternating as our PF

Aggie Hoopsfan
11-06-2009, 11:56 PM
Fuck small ball.

If Popobitch is going to be this fucking stupid, it's time for him to go. Holt and Co. opened up their wallets and we're getting a ten cent coaching job from Pop.

This is unbelievable.

We are bottom third of the league in point differential, bottom third in rebounding differential, bottom 5 in opponents' FG %, and if the NBA's stats website didn't suck so much ass, I'd bet we'd be in the bottom 5-10 in the league in points in the paint allowed (i.e., teams are lighting us up in the paint).

I am tired of watching Tim, who can't jump and is struggling right now, attempting in vain to defend the paint with either Jefferson or 594 year old Michael Finley as his sidekick at powerless forward.

WTF Pop?

You have Ratliff, McDyess, Blair, hell even Ian that you can plug in. But you continue to let us get our faces kicked in out in the paint while you get cute with your sorry piece of shit smallball lineups. Wake the hell up you POS. That, or it's time to step aside.

And for Tpark/EricB and the other homers, go F yourselves. No I don't know who we could grab to do a better job, but I sure as hell know Pop is doing a shitty one right now.

[/rant over]

Dex
11-06-2009, 11:58 PM
:tu

Manu20
11-06-2009, 11:59 PM
Pop should start Ian for a couple of games and then the spurs would know what they truly have in him.

LakerHater
11-07-2009, 12:00 AM
Why dont he use Ratliff more against this Blazer frontline!?

trajik dark
11-07-2009, 12:01 AM
But he won us 4 rings!!!!!!!!!!!
and who played wit duncan during those 4 rings

Aggie Hoopsfan
11-07-2009, 12:02 AM
But he won us 4 rings!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL, solid troll :tu

EmptyMan
11-07-2009, 12:11 AM
LMAO at this small ball.

EricB
11-07-2009, 12:12 AM
I was gonna agree until you as usual childishly insulted me but, whatever. Hope you feel better.

poop
11-07-2009, 12:12 AM
Why dont he use Ratliff more against this Blazer frontline!?

becasue last 2 years he is a not only a bad coach, but just a moron pure and simple. he makes 0 adjustments and continues pushing his bizarre and fan-crippling lineups and rotations. i think they went and got like 4 bigs this offseasons just so he can REALLY stick it to the fans when he STILL starts steve kerr as our Center and plays finley at PF against a team with 3 7 footers.

seriously even armchair fans could run this team better then he is.

Aggie Hoopsfan
11-07-2009, 12:13 AM
Duncan 6'11"
Haislip 6'10"
Ian 6'11"
Theo 6'10"
McDyess 6'9"
Bonner 6'10" (yes, he sucks on D)

And we get:

Finley and RJeff at PF with TD at center.

ROFL. Hey Pop, Jenna Jameson called, she wants her sucking ass back.

Aggie Hoopsfan
11-07-2009, 12:15 AM
I was gonna agree until you as usual childishly insulted me but, whatever. Hope you feel better.

LOL, I was saving a reply by addressing your post preemptively. By all means, don't let my 'childishness' get in the way, let's hear you actually criticize Pop for once.

I feel fine, I'm not the one who dropped $80 million on salaries to watch Pop trot out Finley at power forward....

That, and if this shit continues, it's going to save me some coin - sure won't have to worry about figuring out how to make it to SA to watch some hoops in April-June...

EmptyMan
11-07-2009, 12:15 AM
Getting killed in the paint again, I'VE GOT AN IDEA, let's have Aldridge post up on Finley.

Brillllliant!

Aggie Hoopsfan
11-07-2009, 12:19 AM
Just looking at last night and tonight:

Portland: 64 points, 16 came outside of the paint (not counting 12 FTs).

36 points in the paint and counting.

Utah:

113 points.
27 points outside the paint.
24 FTs.

62 points in the paint.

I love small ball!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EricB
11-07-2009, 12:23 AM
LOL, I was saving a reply by addressing your post preemptively. By all means, don't let my 'childishness' get in the way, let's hear you actually criticize Pop for once.

I feel fine, I'm not the one who dropped $80 million on salaries to watch Pop trot out Finley at power forward....

That, and if this shit continues, it's going to save me some coin - sure won't have to worry about figuring out how to make it to SA to watch some hoops in April-June...

I've already done it.

When you decide to grow up and stop living in the past and actually reading posts, GASP! Well Sally you just might SEE THAT!

Duncan2177
11-07-2009, 12:25 AM
Pop is being a crack monkey.

kobyz
11-07-2009, 12:25 AM
we need to trade for Gerald Wallace and then Pop can play small ball all he wants

HarlemHeat37
11-07-2009, 12:26 AM
Gerald Wallace can't shoot, he doesn't help, even if he does everything else well..

booonkers
11-07-2009, 12:27 AM
I HATE SMALL BALL. WHY DON'T YOU PUT IN BLAIR AND MCDYESS AND GIVE THEM GOOD MINUTES. Why does Pop keep on using small ball when it almost always never works???

Duncan2177
11-07-2009, 12:35 AM
Small ball is so yesterday Pop this is 2009 going on 2010 get with the times what does he think won us 4 titles? It wasn't small ball that's for damn sure.

ezau
11-07-2009, 12:56 AM
Pop needs to go. I mean sure, he coached us to 4 rings but he's stubbornness is costing us games. He's also overworking Duncan by not using the bigs that we have. I don't know who we have as a replacement but we need to go to another direction. This isn't working anymore. Seriously, if the Spurs continue to suck this bad, Holt's going for his head

EmptyMan
11-07-2009, 01:08 AM
The Blazers were literally forcing bad passes into the paint while passing up open jumpers :lmao !!

spurtech09
11-07-2009, 01:09 AM
wish ian was playing.....duncan,ian,rj,parker,mason

Aggie Hoopsfan
11-07-2009, 01:10 AM
I've already done it.

When you decide to grow up and stop living in the past and actually reading posts, GASP! Well Sally you just might SEE THAT!

Quit being such a drama queen and let's hear the criticism of Pop. This is exactly what I mean. You'd rather get into a pissing match than take Pop's nuts off your chin for five seconds.

SequSpur
11-07-2009, 01:20 AM
yeah fuck tpark!!! lmao

SequSpur
11-07-2009, 01:28 AM
i agree with this topic... and fuck tpark! lmao

Borosai
11-07-2009, 01:29 AM
We finally have more size, but...

The small ball experiment should have ended a long time ago. If Pop is going to mess around early in the season, play the bigs.

VivaPopovich
11-07-2009, 01:29 AM
Better than Bonner.

Marcus Bryant
11-07-2009, 01:30 AM
I hate Spurs fans.

ezau
11-07-2009, 01:30 AM
Pop is a fucking dumbass. I am sick and tired of watching smallball crap with so many big men in our team

SequSpur
11-07-2009, 01:36 AM
i agree with this topic... and fuck tpark! lmao

sammy
11-07-2009, 01:38 AM
Pop is a stubborn jackass! You have bigs to play along Timmy and you play Finley and Bonner who suck defensively and offensively as well! Why did we get Dice, Ratliff, Hairston, Ian or Blair if we are not going to use them! WTF! Timmy is playing too many minutes and he continues to play Bonner & Finley who don't offer any help for Timmy! This is beyond ridiculous! Yes, Pop won us 4 rings but that doesn't give him a pass on these dumbass lineups that are hurting the team!

Austin_Toros
11-07-2009, 01:44 AM
pop seems to think that we are the old golden state warriors... soon we will trade for al harrington and use him at centre.

Ibanezsr
11-07-2009, 01:50 AM
Pop is a stubborn jackass! You have bigs to play along Timmy and you play Finley and Bonner who suck defensively and offensively as well! Why did we get Dice, Ratliff, Hairston, Ian or Blair if we are not going to use them! WTF! Timmy is playing too many minutes and he continues to play Bonner & Finley who don't offer any help for Timmy! This is beyond ridiculous! Yes, Pop won us 4 rings but that doesn't give him a pass on these dumbass lineups that are hurting the team!

Timmy playing too many minutes? Have you even watched the games? Timmy came into tonight's game averaging 27 minutes a game. Tonight he had 35. That's not bad at all for the 1st 5 games ...

Aggie Hoopsfan
11-07-2009, 01:51 AM
Tim's minutes aren't an issue, it's that he's constantly under siege defensively when he's in the game and Finley or Jefferson are standing next to him playing PF.

It's beyond stupid.

Amuseddaysleeper
11-07-2009, 02:55 AM
What I don't get is that this was supposed to be the year Pop said he was going to go back to the way things used to be in regards to being a more defensive minded team. They tried some new things for a couple years and it didn't work. So starting Bonner and Finley (though he put in Bogan to begin tonight) completely negates the defense-first thought process.

Taking Bogans out for Mason near the end of the game was inexplicable.

Pop can get the most out of "minimal talent", but if you give the man some depth he keeps shooting himself in the foot.

If he was coaching the dream team he'd probably have them lose in the second round because he'd be playing Laettner over Malone

Höfner
11-07-2009, 02:57 AM
WTF is Finley doing out there on the floor?

Tp9gospursgo
11-07-2009, 03:00 AM
Calm down. Pop is a good, make that great coach. He's just trying to fgure things out. Theres a lot of new guys and the Blazers were playing some small ball too. Everything will turn out ok. :toast

sabar
11-07-2009, 03:09 AM
He realized a while ago that small ball is the future. A ton of NBA teams use it. The problem is, does he know when to use it? Probably not since our bigs haven't gotten much burn. The bigs that we do have are not very defensive outside duncan and ratliff, probably no more so than Bonner or Finley.

I hope there is a ton of experimentation early on. Need to figure this stuff out asap with so many new faces.

rayray2k8
11-07-2009, 03:15 AM
Threads like these help. :lol
I think pop is trying to figure out a rotation and he might be close to getting it down soon.
Looks like Bogans is key member for the spurs to becoming what they want be, which is a top 5-10 defensive team.
Now, if Bonner and Finley continue to play a lot of minutes, they won't get there, but it looks like
Bonners minutes are starting to decrease. Next up, sit the fin.

kace
11-07-2009, 03:15 AM
i'm reading the boxscore, didn't see the game yet but shit............. how many minutes did Pop play small ball..... 26 !!!!! am i misreading ?

Bandwagon Spurs Fan
11-07-2009, 03:16 AM
The Spurs will still win 77

Mr.Robinson
11-07-2009, 04:30 AM

Duncan won us 4 rings.

Spurs Brazil
11-07-2009, 07:29 AM
McDyess played very well in the 2nd half and was benched.

The small ball lineup that was working had Bogans and then Pop took him out to put the useless Mason

There was no reason to finish the game with small ball. Blazers were finishing the game with Oden/Aldrigde.

Pop rotation are a mess so far in the season

SpurNation
11-07-2009, 07:52 AM
"So far" has only been 4 games. Better to see what you have (don't have) now so you'll know what or what not to use later.

Small ball works if the personnel implementing the strategy have the speed and agility to create turnovers. Finley and Mason fits neither of those categories since neither can finish strong at the rim nor create turnovers.

But it is a part of the game that needs to be used in certain moments of the season. At some point the team will need to implement the strategy. Hopefully we'll have the personnel to pull it off later in the season when it really counts.

Matchman
11-07-2009, 08:03 AM
small ball will never work against the TrailBlazers because their bigs are so athletic that the small players will not have the normal speed advantage over them. Maybe Yall should put Scola on the court. Hes 6'9" and he can shoot, defend, flop, and rebound :toast

ceperez
11-07-2009, 08:15 AM
We finally have more size, but...

The small ball experiment should have ended a long time ago. If Pop is going to mess around early in the season, play the bigs.

Absolutely! No sense in experimenting with small ball. It's not going to work against the any of the top teams.

ceperez
11-07-2009, 08:19 AM
pop seems to think that we are the old golden state warriors... soon we will trade for al harrington and use him at centre.

Has Pop bought in to Don Nelson's system?

Well it would work only if we had more mobile and agile offensive players. But with guys like Bonner, Finley, Bogans who can only make a shot when open, then who are we kidding?

#2!
11-07-2009, 08:23 AM
Gerald Wallace doesn't shoot only jump shots and threes, he can't help, even if he does everything else well..he won't get any playing time

fify

#2!
11-07-2009, 08:30 AM
McDyess played very well in the 2nd half and was benched.

The small ball lineup that was working had Bogans and then Pop took him out to put the useless Mason

There was no reason to finish the game with small ball. Blazers were finishing the game with Oden/Aldrigde.

Pop rotation are a mess so far in the season

McDyess should have been playing alongside Tim not subbed in/out for him. Tim's jumpshooting needs to be regulated to the times Dyess is not on the floor in order for the duo to work well.

Mason has looked better so far this season than bogans, and they're getting about the same amount of playing time. Tonight was the first time Bogans played well.

Small ball sucks.

whottt
11-07-2009, 09:46 AM
I just want to call out everyone that celebrated Finley still being on the team because he wouldn't start or play more than 15 mins per game.

Just remember, there is no logic when it comes to love.

And if Pop is going to play guys 6'6 guys that can defend other bigs at PF, why doesn't he just give Blair those minutes, at least we'll get rebounds.

TDMVPDPOY
11-07-2009, 10:10 AM
its been what? 3 seasons trying to figure out small ball into our system, IT DOESNT FKN WORK...

go back to the big frontline damn it and lock down defense...

should stop adjusting to other teams when they should be adjusting to us who should be controlling the game

Aggie Hoopsfan
11-07-2009, 11:20 AM
For the Popapologists... I'm not saying we should never play small ball. But you don't counter a Blazers front line of Oden, Aldridge, and Outlaw with small ball.

It's f'in stupid, and why we were behind by 15 all night long until the fourth.

Damnit, why the hell do we get to watch Tony go down but superscrub Michael Finley remains vertical? I remember when the resident homers said with all this new talent Finley would be a situational sub. Bullshit!

Pop hasn't bought into Nellieball, he's bought into his mentor, Larry Brown, and his asinine insistence that only veterans are good enough to get significant run on his team.

This isn't about figuring out rotations. If our rotation is no one over 6'6" next to Tim for the majority of the game, you can kiss winning another championship in the TD era goodbye. Hell, you can probably kiss making the playoffs goodbye.

SA210
11-07-2009, 11:48 AM
Fuck small ball.

If Popobitch is going to be this fucking stupid, it's time for him to go. Holt and Co. opened up their wallets and we're getting a ten cent coaching job from Pop.

This is unbelievable.

We are bottom third of the league in point differential, bottom third in rebounding differential, bottom 5 in opponents' FG %, and if the NBA's stats website didn't suck so much ass, I'd bet we'd be in the bottom 5-10 in the league in points in the paint allowed (i.e., teams are lighting us up in the paint).

I am tired of watching Tim, who can't jump and is struggling right now, attempting in vain to defend the paint with either Jefferson or 594 year old Michael Finley as his sidekick at powerless forward.

WTF Pop?

You have Ratliff, McDyess, Blair, hell even Ian that you can plug in. But you continue to let us get our faces kicked in out in the paint while you get cute with your sorry piece of shit smallball lineups. Wake the hell up you POS. That, or it's time to step aside.

And for Tpark/EricB and the other homers, go F yourselves. No I don't know who we could grab to do a better job, but I sure as hell know Pop is doing a shitty one right now.

[/rant over]

Can someone find a way to put this in Pops hands, email him or something? Come on! This needs to stop before it gets too far into the season.

:pop::pctoss

SA210
11-07-2009, 11:48 AM
becasue last 2 years he is a not only a bad coach, but just a moron pure and simple. he makes 0 adjustments and continues pushing his bizarre and fan-crippling lineups and rotations. i think they went and got like 4 bigs this offseasons just so he can REALLY stick it to the fans when he STILL starts steve kerr as our Center and plays finley at PF against a team with 3 7 footers.

seriously even armchair fans could run this team better then he is.

SA210
11-07-2009, 11:49 AM
Just looking at last night and tonight:

Portland: 64 points, 16 came outside of the paint (not counting 12 FTs).

36 points in the paint and counting.

Utah:

113 points.
27 points outside the paint.
24 FTs.

62 points in the paint.

I love small ball!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I guess Pop doesn't pay attention to these things.

Spursfan092120
11-07-2009, 11:49 AM
fucking hate small ball

SA210
11-07-2009, 11:50 AM
Small ball is so yesterday Pop this is 2009 going on 2010 get with the times what does he think won us 4 titles? It wasn't small ball that's for damn sure.

We won our 4 titles with LOCK-DOWN D, period!

We need Bruce back, and we need to play the "real" centers next to Tim.

SA210
11-07-2009, 11:50 AM
its been what? 3 seasons trying to figure out small ball into our system, IT DOESNT FKN WORK...

go back to the big frontline damn it and lock down defense...

should stop adjusting to other teams when they should be adjusting to us who should be controlling the game

Aggie Hoopsfan
11-07-2009, 12:04 PM
The final verdict from last night: 40% of the Blazers points came in the paint...

27 pts jumpers

27 pts FTs

42 pts in paint

Yaaaaaaaaaay Pop!

ploto
11-07-2009, 12:14 PM
I remember when everyone claimed it was Rasho and Nazr's fault we had to play small ball. So we went with Francisco and Bonner, and it was their fault. Now, it must Antonio and Theo's fault. Apparently, none of them play PF as well as Michael Finley.

Leetonidas
11-07-2009, 12:16 PM
Ah, an AHF thread ranting about Pop. The season has truly begun now. :tu

Spursfan 87
11-07-2009, 12:59 PM
We need PJ Carlisimo back. Since he left in 07 we have become a mediocre team.

SA210
11-07-2009, 01:25 PM
We need PJ Carlisimo back. Since he left in 07 we have become a mediocre team.

TD 21
11-07-2009, 07:11 PM
Fuck small ball.

This is unbelievable.

WTF Pop?

[/rant over]

Well said. I wouldn't fire Pop, but he really is putting out inexplicable lineups right now and it's costing the team more than anything. He talked about Duncan needing more help, yet he rarely plays him with another big man next to him (Bonner doesn't count). It's just bizarre watching what's going on right now.