:)

infinite styles
04-18-2005, 10:57 PM
The free throw coach needs to be shot.

:)

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :smokin

TwoHandJam
04-18-2005, 10:58 PM
I might be inclined to agree if I didn't just notice that the Grizz got 31 free throws. Now that's home cooking.

ShoogarBear
04-19-2005, 06:40 AM
My point has always been it's more important to have a positive FTA differential than to shoot a high percentage.

Given the choice between a team shooting 80% with 20 FTA and 72% with 30 FTA, the latter always has a better chance of winning.

boutons
04-19-2005, 06:54 AM
Grizz miss 9 FTs and win by 2.

Spurs hit 18-18 FTs, but were -4 in FT points, and lose by 2, . Perfect irony. :)

Grizz +6 in the paint, a fairly reliable indicator of a Spurs loss. Spurs missed several layups and putbacks.

Spurs were +6 in RBs, and for once this season vs Grizz, the Spus really reduced their TOs.

Spurs played a decent game, just got beat by a better game.

TwoHandJam
04-19-2005, 08:32 AM
Grizz miss 9 FTs and win by 2.

Spurs hit 18-18 FTs, but were -4 in FT points, and lose by 2, . Perfect irony. :)

Grizz +6 in the paint, a fairly reliable indicator of a Spurs loss. Spurs missed several layups and putbacks.

Spurs were +6 in RBs, and for once this season vs Grizz, the Spus really reduced their TOs.

Spurs played a decent game, just got beat by a better game.Just thank Pop for playing Wilks the entire fourth quarter to continue to evaluate him. Like he hadn't already made up his mind. :rolleyes

Although the game turned out to be meaningless as far as HCA, (something Pop didn't know ahead of time) it sure was nice to have him put our guys in a position to fail to a nice buzzer-beater 2 games before the playoffs. Does wonders for morale I hear.

101A
04-19-2005, 08:44 AM
Just thank Pop for playing Wilks the entire fourth quarter to continue to evaluate him. Like he hadn't already made up his mind. :rolleyes

Although the game turned out to be meaningless as far as HCA, (something Pop didn't know ahead of time) it sure was nice to have him put our guys in a position to fail to a nice buzzer-beater 2 games before the playoffs. Does wonders for morale I hear.

The 1 spot has the Houston/Dallas winner.

The 2 spot has the Seattle/Sacramento winner.

You really think he was THAT concerned about winning this game?

TwoHandJam
04-19-2005, 09:26 AM
The 1 spot has the Houston/Dallas winner.

The 2 spot has the Seattle/Sacramento winner.

You really think he was THAT concerned about winning this game?
Which frontline do you prefer in the first round given that Tim and Rasho are hurting? Weak-ass Gasol, Swift, Miller and Wright or Nene, Martin, Najera and Camby?

Phoenix winning out was not guaranteed. Pop should have at least tried to win that game since he had virtually nothing to lose in doing so. If you're going to put Tim and Manu in late, don't do things half-assed and keep Wilks in the game.

Mr. Peabody
04-19-2005, 09:41 AM
Aren't both Camby and Najera injured?
________
Vaporizer review (http://vaporizers.tv/)

TwoHandJam
04-19-2005, 09:53 AM
Aren't both Camby and Najera injured?
Camby is day-to-day with a hamstring strain and Najera just got injured last night. Lucky, but Pop couldn't have known about Najera's fortune at the time.

smeagol
04-19-2005, 09:57 AM
Spurs 18-18 from the FT line.
I guess the fact that (i) Rasho and TP were not playing, (ii) Bowen did not go to the line, and (iii) Timmy only took 3 FTs had something to do with it, don't you think?

MadDog73
04-19-2005, 09:59 AM
don't do things half-assed and keep Wilks in the game.

Oh boy. Beno would have won the game, huh? As it turned out, it worked out well enough for the Spurs. And if the Damn shot clock was right, who knows who would've won?

If you're gonna take Wilks in the playoffs, you had better evaluate him! I'd much rather lose a game in the regular season, than lose a playoff game because Pop picked the wrong guy! (Still not sure on the Devin vs Wilks 12th spot, though...)

ShoogarBear
04-19-2005, 04:40 PM
And if the Damn shot clock was right, who knows who would've won?

The shot clock wasn't the reason they lost.

It was the way the played the previous 2 minutes.

MadDog73
04-19-2005, 04:46 PM
The shot clock wasn't the reason they lost.

It was the way the played the previous 2 minutes.

Well, the clock certainly didn't help! :pctoss