PDA

View Full Version : Manu's contested step-back 3..

HarlemHeat37
11-07-2009, 12:52 AM
Pop should fine him every time he takes this shot right now..it's gone Manu, let it go..

CP48107
11-07-2009, 12:55 AM
I couldn't agree more

spurtech09
11-07-2009, 01:11 AM
manu should drive to the rim more...hes either scoring or drawing fouls

superjames1992
11-07-2009, 01:12 AM
I wouldn't say it's gone. Manu is having trouble shooting here early, but I think he'll find his shot as the season wears on. He's still rusty right now.

superjames1992
manu should drive to the rim more...hes either scoring or drawing fouls
I agree.

HarlemHeat37
It has little to do with falling for it IMO..

If you're playing ball and your opponent is willing to take stupid shots like that, you let him have it every time..other teams watch tape, they know Manu is shooting horribly from the 3-point line right now..

It's just a very low % shot that always hurts us..even in his prime, that shot hurt us when he had his "bad Manu" games..

Aggie Hoopsfan
11-07-2009, 01:14 AM
When he looks over and

* Duncan is doubled
* he sees Finley
* he sees Bonner

What do you expect him to do?

VivaPopovich
11-07-2009, 01:17 AM
it sucks the shots weren't falling but what's the alternative? have manu drive into the paint and fall several times a game like last time? thats what lead to all the injuries. his body can't take that anymore. he needs to find a way to be an offensive threat without falling on the floor several times a game

he just needs to find his rhythm, it'll get there

Amuseddaysleeper
11-07-2009, 01:19 AM
When he looks over and

* Duncan is doubled
* he sees Finley
* he sees Bonner

:lol :lol

I hate to make excuses, but the rabies shots have to be effecting him seeing a how many injections he got to his abdomen.

Why was he shooting so poorly prior to the rabies shots? That's a good question.

DPG21920
11-07-2009, 01:20 AM
Has nothing to do with rabies and everything to do with his own reservations about his game and his abilities.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
11-07-2009, 01:22 AM
It has little to do with falling for it IMO..
..other teams watch tape, they know Manu is shooting horribly from the 3-point line right now..

That's exactly why he's trying those threes right now, he wants new game tape where the opponents respect him so he doesn't have to rely on his inside game.
Unfortunately he's getting a bit too eager and tentative about it. He makes one shot, and he thinks he might have got his stroke back, and then he subsequently misses two.

He's forcing it right now, but we all need him to get his 3 point game in gear sooner or later.

ElNono
11-07-2009, 01:25 AM
I'm not concerned about Manu right now. He hasn't played ball in like 6 months. It's gonna be hit and miss for him until he gets some kind of rhytm going. It's the same thing with Tony, who hasn't been playing all that well, specially on defense, but I know he'll find his touch again sooner than later.

HarlemHeat37
11-07-2009, 01:26 AM
It's not necessarily "concern" for Manu..

it's just hatred for that shot..it's one of the lowest % "signature" shots in the NBA, and he takes it at least twice a game..

VivaPopovich
11-07-2009, 01:26 AM
the last thing we want is him falling on floor 3 times a game like old times then missing him for good

just calm down, let him find his rrhythm

TMTTRIO
11-07-2009, 01:50 AM
Manu seems to be driving just fine through the lane when he does it so I'm hoping that his shooting will eventually come back to him soon (hey it can't get any worse). I do think it's going to take some time to get it all back. Right now he's forcing it way too much when he doesn't have it and he's not letting the game come to him. This is why I think he needs to start next to Tim, Tony, and RJ.

jemanuel
11-07-2009, 02:13 AM
c'mon people...

give him a break...

better he's like that instead of his injury...

i'll just hope and pray

he'll be healthy and surely will get his rhythm back...

i just don't care if he keeps shooting though...

maybe 25-50 next time at least .500 pct...

bear on me folks...i'm just feeling so bad for him now...

manu4life:depressed

mVp
11-07-2009, 02:21 AM
He'll knock 'em down when it matters (hopefully)

lurker23
11-07-2009, 02:33 AM
Manu didn't touch a basketball for 2 months over the summer.

He said himself that he wasn't in basketball shape. If he's got his legs back but he's still rusty, then the first thing to come back will be his driving game, and the last thing to come back will be his jump shot.

A little patience is in order.

raspsa
11-07-2009, 03:28 AM
Funny how shots go in effortlessly in the practice day videos.. swoosh.. swoosh.. swoosh.. hardly touching rim.. Manu just has to keep shooting and they'll fall eventually.. worst thing is he gets gun-shy..

ducks
11-07-2009, 09:41 AM
When he looks over and

* Duncan is doubled
* he sees Finley
* he sees Bonner

yep manu can do no qrong:downspin:

ducks
11-07-2009, 09:42 AM

He said himself that he wasn't in basketball shape. If he's got his legs back but he's still rusty, then the first thing to come back will be his driving game, and the last thing to come back will be his jump shot.

then why shot the three in the 4 shot it earlier in the game to see if you have it

ceperez
11-07-2009, 10:11 AM

Agree. He's not in top shape so he should be excused for using game time to get back into shape.

TDMVPDPOY
11-07-2009, 10:13 AM
the step back jumpshot and the fancy ball dribbling passing bs needs to stop, every time he does it and it doesnt work it hurts us more....we cant afford this type of plays in transition basketball when most of the time we are playin 3 on 5....