04-18-2005, 09:53 PM
all because we can't get it done on the road

home=22 point blowout

away=lose by 2

we have to quit depending on the refs at home every game

we wont be at home every game

boutons
04-18-2005, 09:55 PM
That's why I said today if we split in SA and the go to Denver, the Spurs will be in deep shit, in danger of coming back to SA 1-3.

red kryptonite
04-18-2005, 09:56 PM
nominee for top 10 worst posts

Spurminator
04-18-2005, 09:57 PM
http://crystal.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/crybaby.jpg

Dre_7
04-18-2005, 09:59 PM
Yada yada yada ya. Some faith you have in the Spurs. lol
We are not screwed. We are OK. Tims back, we didnt have Parker, GRob is starting to find his groove, Tims back, Nazr is gettin it down on the boards, we only last by 2, oh, and did i mention, Tims back. We are fine. I have faith in this team. Come playoff time, we will win these close games!

Leetonidas
04-18-2005, 10:02 PM
Tony didn't play if you didn't notice that...

T Park
04-18-2005, 10:03 PM

The refs were the reason they won by 22???

Nahhh.

tim_duncan_fan
04-18-2005, 10:07 PM
it's the truth.
we thought we'd win magically last year and look what happened.

We have to play REAL basketball.

No one will give us the title because they want to win too.

This road BS is silly.

And why do we always waste good offense nights?

Whoever is the hottest is the player who has to leave the game.

Our philosophies really confuse me somtimes.

And why are we so inconsistent? sometimes we're good defensively sometimes we're the worst defensive team.
We blow a team out and then turn around and lose to the same team.
I guess none of the spurs realize that its almost playoff time.

pigknuckles
04-18-2005, 10:16 PM
Spurs certainly don't play with same energy on the road as they do at home.
Their mediocre road record is not a good sign and concerns me.

MadDog73
04-18-2005, 10:20 PM
Could it be they really didn't care about this game as much as the last one?

The Spurs have settled for the Number 2 spot (probably awhile ago).

Tonight was more practice than anything else. I was surprised to see Tim playing in the last minutes, to be honest with you.

No worries, Spurs aren't newbies to the playoffs like some teams. They know what it takes.

Believe

TheWriter
04-18-2005, 10:21 PM
home game = with starting point guard Tony Parker.

away game = with Mike Wilks playing the entire fourth.

See the difference?

T Park
04-18-2005, 10:22 PM
Spurs certainly don't play with same energy on the road as they do at home.
Their mediocre road record is not a good sign and concerns me.

What concerns me, is people putting so much into a game that meant jack shit.

The mediocre road record was due to some well timed injuries and other miscellaneous stuff.

Lay off the Sequpotion.

T Park
04-18-2005, 10:23 PM
When Buddy Holly makes more sense than you.

Check yourself. seriously.

infinite styles
04-18-2005, 10:25 PM
Ummm.....Didn't Memphis shoot more free throws against at home also? What is your point?

tim_duncan_fan
04-18-2005, 10:31 PM
I mean im not bandwaggoning or anything because if the spurs get out im not going to go for anyone else but im scared folks. Im terrified even. We seem more and more lost every game.This is serious shit. WE HAVE TO PLAY BETTER. No SPAM,No .4,NO clock malfunction.We have to win games because thats how you advance in the playoffs. We dont need to rely on peaking after march or a shot with .4 seconds left not falling this time because none of that matters. no one but the spurs cared last year when we lost and if we don't win this year no one else besides us will care.

Im scared folks. You guys should be too.

bigbendbruisebrother
04-18-2005, 10:32 PM
all because we can't get it done on the road

home=22 point blowout

away=lose by 2

we wont be at home every game

Bullshit. This was a tuneup, and we almost beat them with TP in street clothes and TD seeing limited action. The first seed is out of reach, and
Pop had some serious evaluation to do tonight of Mike Wilks (and I seriously doubt he'll make the squad).

Glen Robinson and Nazr Mohammed (he caught a feed down low!) took major steps forward. Tim needs to get back in game shape, and he certainly broke a sweat.

If you can't handle watching tuneup games, I advise you to skip the Minnesota game as well.

tim_duncan_fan
04-18-2005, 10:35 PM
i hope we dont do this at minnesota. ive liked watching them lose since they took the best record in the west last year. I hate tune-up games

bigbendbruisebrother
04-18-2005, 10:37 PM
i hope we dont do this at minnesota. ive liked watching them lose since they took the best record in the west last year. I hate tune-up games

Then seriously, don't watch it. Pop is not going to show his playoff stuff, and our main guys are going to get lots of rest.

infinite styles
04-18-2005, 10:38 PM
I mean im not bandwaggoning or anything because if the spurs get out im not going to go for anyone else but im scared folks. Im terrified even. We seem more and more lost every game.This is serious shit. WE HAVE TO PLAY BETTER. No SPAM,No .4,NO clock malfunction.We have to win games because thats how you advance in the playoffs. We dont need to rely on peaking after march or a shot with .4 seconds left not falling this time because none of that matters. no one but the spurs cared last year when we lost and if we don't win this year no one else besides us will care.

Dawg!!!!! STFU! What the hell did you forget to take your prozak today or something. "I"m So Scared!!!!" SMH....when did you become a Spurs fan after the T-Pups got eliminated? Your putting so much emphasis on the most pointless shit. If the Spurs had the attitude that you have just displayed then I would be scared shitless but can you come down from your crack high and realize what the hell is going on for lets say at least .4 seconds!? If you honestly feel this way then you should just go sit in a corner until July with yo simple ass!

Al Sharpton
04-18-2005, 10:46 PM
When Buddy Holly makes more sense than you.

Check yourself. seriously.

^Rack dat ^ :lmao

Smackie Chan
04-18-2005, 10:50 PM
http://crystal.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/crybaby.jpg

Post of the day!

ZStomp
04-18-2005, 11:09 PM
in the words of Sequ...

Gay ASS THREAD.

ZStomp
04-18-2005, 11:10 PM
That's why I said today if we split in SA and the go to Denver, the Spurs will be in deep shit, in danger of coming back to SA 1-3.

Using that same logic (that the Spurs suck on the road)- then why should they lose one at home if they great at home???

FromWayDowntown
04-19-2005, 09:47 AM
Using that same logic (that the Spurs suck on the road)- then why should they lose one at home if they great at home???

There's nothing other than generalized proof in boutons' post. ANY TEAM THAT SPLITS THE FIRST TWO AT HOME IS IN DANGER OF RETURNING DOWN 1-3. It's mathematically unassailable.

Now, if you're saying that the Spurs are in greater danger than most other teams at returning down 1-3, I'd dispute that.

People make it sound like the Spurs are some horrendous road team that has no chance to win playoff games in hostile environments, but I'd dispute that assertion. This team does not have a good road record, but look at the queer things that have happened to them in road losses this year -- an historic 4th quarter collapse in Toronto, an unbelieveable 30 seconds from McGrady, 2 last-second tip-in losses in Utah, tight losses (down to the last possession-type games) to Phoenix and Detroit without Tim and basically without Manu, 5 other road losses without Duncan, a last second jump shot on a blown defensive assignment in a tune-up in Memphis. It's not as if this team has been without a clue on the road; they're perilously close to being among the elite in that category, too. They've got wins in Phoenix, Dallas, Denver, Seattle, and Sacramento, and they've been right there in losses at Miami (end of the RRT), Phoenix and Detroit (no Duncan, little Ginobili).

CosmicCowboy
04-19-2005, 10:02 AM

:lmao

some funny shit there...

Last night was a tuneup game and had absolutely no playoff implications...Spurs are obviously comfortable in the 2 seed...They wanted to go out and execute good basketball, stay healthy, and give some bench guys real playing time before the real dance starts...

If you doubt this then all you had to see last night was Duncan and Pop talking and laughing with the Memphis players/coaches/refs after the game over that time clock screwup before the outcome was decided...there is no way they would have been so casual about it if they really cared about winning that game last night...

take a chill pill and skip Wednesdays game...we are gonna see more of the same in a meaningless game...

smeagol
04-19-2005, 10:06 AM
The only thing that's srewed up is the logic of some of the Spurs fan's that post in this forum.

SpursWoman
04-19-2005, 10:09 AM
take a chill pill and skip Wednesdays game...we are gonna see more of the same in a meaningless game...

My theory: Pop is still trying to figure out who he has to leave off the playoff roster, so I'd imagine we'll see more of the likes of Wilks, Massenberg, etc. than we will of our starting five. Which could very well lead to another road "L".

Of course, they're playing Minnesota.....so I'm putting my money on our 3rd-stringers. :lol

Ishta
04-19-2005, 10:31 AM

Im scared folks. You guys should be too.Reading this really made me want to VOMIT....... Pop knows what the fuck he is doing..The Spurs know how to turn it up during playoffs.. Sure we had some shitty things happen to us in the last few weeks, but that is life. Teams that do not have the confidence, or playoff experience would have already imploded. The Spurs will be just fine.As previous posters have already pointed out, last nights game was to see who to put on, and who to leave off the playoff roster.I saw a lot of good things that were happening in that game. Robinson was a man on FIRE, and Nazr(who i'll admit i wanted dead after the trade and have since seen he will be a GREAT asset to our team)(GOD it's hard to admit when you are wrong) was a monster off the glass, Beno looked great, and made some really nice shots... Those were just a few things that I was very happy to see even if we lost.So yes it was a loss, but we gained a lot more.:spin

BELIEVE

FromWayDowntown
04-19-2005, 10:39 AM
Reading this really made me want to VOMIT....... Pop knows what the fuck he is doing..The Spurs know how to turn it up during playoffs.. Sure we had some shitty things happen to us in the last few weeks, but that is life. Teams that do not have the confidence, or playoff experience would have already imploded. The Spurs will be just fine.

See, I disagree with that. I don't think this is about flipping a switch or upping the intensity. I do think, though, that this team is nowhere near as bad on the road as some around here want to make them out to be.

The local chapter of the Chicken Little/Flat Earth Society has taken the tack that this team cannot win road games in the playoffs. I simply don't see that -- they've played pretty well on the road this year, particularly in games against quality competition. I'll admit that they've had a few stumbles, but when they've played good teams on the road (with the exceptions of the anomalous losses at Dallas and Denver), the Spurs have played well.

I'd be surprised if they weren't top 5 or so in winning percentage on the road against playoff teams. That, more than their regular season winning percentage on the road against the league, is what the focus should be, I think.

tim_duncan_fan
04-20-2005, 09:03 PM
scared now?

infinite styles
04-20-2005, 09:07 PM
scared now?

Your a dipshit

manustarting2gd
04-20-2005, 09:08 PM
of what? Minny beating our scrubs? LOL... nah playa, open your eyes and see the real black and silver.. all resting,and jokin, gearing up for Sunday's battle vs the Nugs.

T Park
04-20-2005, 09:11 PM
scared now?

Of??

SequSpur
04-20-2005, 09:14 PM
:lol