PDA

View Full Version : Are you guys new to watching basketball?

Kori Ellis
11-07-2009, 01:12 AM
I get it that the Spurs aren't playing well, but the meltdown that's going on right now on the forum isn't necessary this early in the season.

So PLEASE, before you start another Trade Tim, Trade Manu, Trade Tony, Fire Pop, Quit Watching Basketball, My Hair is on Fire Thread... look around the forum and find a similar one to post in. I don't need to clean up a billion threads with one post each that basically say:

We SUCK! :bang :cry :bang

jag
11-07-2009, 01:15 AM
This is pretty standard ST stuff going on here....

Kori Ellis
11-07-2009, 01:16 AM

No.. no it's not. Over 40 threads were started during the game.

HarlemHeat37
11-07-2009, 01:16 AM
ST wouldn't be the same without these..

There's also a strange amount of new posters over the past few months, some of them seem like trolls..

redzero
11-07-2009, 01:17 AM
Dude, I'm about to jump off a cliff, too. You Spurs fans can go first.

completely deck
11-07-2009, 01:17 AM
ST wouldn't be the same without these..

There's also a strange amount of new posters over the past few months, some of them seem like trolls..

No really, SpursTalk is so much better without those threads.

Kool Bob Love
11-07-2009, 01:18 AM
i hope you get banned!!!

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

EmptyMan
11-07-2009, 01:18 AM
I am very familiar with what is going on right now on the Spurs.

Same ol garbage that has digressed this team for the past few seasons.

Jump-shooting no interior defense Spurs. This year was supposed to be different :depressed

jag
11-07-2009, 01:19 AM
If we can get an "Ian is a bust" thread, then i think we'll have all the bases covered.

easy7
11-07-2009, 01:20 AM
Step away from the ledge, there are still 77 games to play..:hat

Borosai
11-07-2009, 01:21 AM
They probably don't have any sense of forum etiquette. Or don't care.

Shove a living snake up their asses, or feed them to the lions.

SequSpur
11-07-2009, 01:22 AM
Wait til they are 10 games below 500... :lmao

Thompson
11-07-2009, 01:28 AM
If we can get an "Ian is a bust" thread, then i think we'll have all the bases covered.

I'll see your thread and raise you a "Ian should start next to Duncan" thread and a "Splitter for Lopez."

exstatic
11-07-2009, 01:29 AM
I think Noobs just don't understand the concept of a game thread. On game night, that's where your thoughts go.

It's like someone just released 50 new AHFs into the forum. :lmao

SequSpur
11-07-2009, 01:30 AM
I think Noobs just don't understand the concept of a game thread. On game night, that's where your thoughts go.

noob.

mexicanjunior
11-07-2009, 01:30 AM
Wait til they are 10 games below 500... :lmao

By that point, apathy should set in and the Club will be the only active section. I don't expect much more than a 6-8 seed at this point...

duncan228
11-07-2009, 01:31 AM
Appreciate the clean-up Kori. It's hard to read when this happens.

exstatic
11-07-2009, 01:32 AM
noob.

dwarf

SequSpur
11-07-2009, 01:33 AM
dwarf

oh wait..you fit in the sequ category of the peeps here that don't know shit about basketball. :toast

TDMVPDPOY
11-07-2009, 01:34 AM
i watch the spurs game yesterday, lets just say i fell asleep through the 3rd quarter....just not entertaining bball to me when we are down

MannyIsGod
11-07-2009, 01:37 AM
90% of the newer posters are just fucking horrible.

Cry Havoc
11-07-2009, 01:37 AM
NBA Championships are won during the first 6 games. FACT.

Parker2112
11-07-2009, 02:24 AM
The clean up is incomplete. Sequ has bullshit all over the board...

mVp
11-07-2009, 02:25 AM

raspsa
11-07-2009, 04:50 AM

http://store.perspicuity.com/sections/Products/Lemming.sized.jpg

http://zipline.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/lemmings-a.jpg

http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/files/lemmings_620.gif

http://narocroc.files.wordpress.com/2008/12/lemmings.jpg

http://migration.files.wordpress.com/2007/06/nz051.jpg

http://ftloveblog70.files.wordpress.com/2007/09/lemmings.jpg

kace
11-07-2009, 07:11 AM
hate to say that, but way too much threads are started by new posters.

i'm not saying those ones shouldn't start threads, but when you have 75 % of the threads started by members under 100 posts, it's usually not a good thing.

even if having new members IS a good and interesting thing.

ploto
11-07-2009, 08:11 AM
I guess this is why some sites won't let you start a thread until you have a certain number of posts- so that hopefully people can see how things are done at a particular place.

ehz33satx
11-07-2009, 08:55 AM
Dude, I'm about to jump off a cliff, too. You Spurs fans can go first.

Yeah, but there is a bright light at the end of our tunnel, so be my guest, you first!

mookie2001
11-07-2009, 09:03 AM
hate to say that, but way too much threads are started by new posters.

i'm not saying those ones shouldn't start threads, but when you have 75 % of the threads started by members under 100 posts, it's usually not a good thing.

even if having new members IS a good and interesting thing.
listen to this dude Rufus, he knows what hes talking about.

TDMVPDPOY
11-07-2009, 09:03 AM
still on target for 79-3 season though

Kamnik
11-07-2009, 09:58 AM
I tend to ignore ST after a loss because it is SO FULL OF SHIT.

People are just retarded.

Even if we go just 10-10 to start the season we all know that in the end Spurs will be fighting the Lakers for the finals.

exstatic
11-07-2009, 10:32 AM

People are just retarded.

Even if we go just 10-10 to start the season we all know that in the end Spurs will be fighting the Lakers for the finals.

Yeah, I'll actually close my FF tab most times. I was in a good mood last might though, and decided to be entertained by the shower rod brigade.

exstatic
11-07-2009, 10:34 AM

It's like someone just released 50 new TDMVPDPOYs into the form.

rayray2k8
11-07-2009, 12:34 PM
It's the noobs who starts dumbass threads that kori is referring to.
I've been asking for a thread count where only posters with over 1,000 post can start a new thread.
Guess we'll live with this if nothing changes..

SamoanTD
11-07-2009, 12:47 PM
:lmao:lmao:lmao very true

Whisky Dog
11-07-2009, 01:03 PM
Everybody loves their own headline.

Posting under another one doesn't get the attention.

spurs1990
11-07-2009, 01:08 PM
Kori, we got blown out on back to back nights at FULL strength after 4 days rest.

I'm not sure I've seen a similar beginning during this era. Am I wrong?

kace
11-07-2009, 02:27 PM
Kori, we got blown out on back to back nights at FULL strength after 4 days rest.

0-3 last year ?

spurs1990
11-07-2009, 03:01 PM
0-3 last year ?

Ginobili missed the first 12 games last year.

They were 6-6 without him.

Kori Ellis
11-07-2009, 03:08 PM
It's the noobs who starts dumbass threads that kori is referring to.
I've been asking for a thread count where only posters with over 1,000 post can start a new thread.
Guess we'll live with this if nothing changes..

Over half the threads that I merged last night were from old posters. So it's not a new poster issue.. it's a stupid poster issue. :lol

benefactor
11-07-2009, 03:08 PM

No...we are not full strength. Half of our team is new players. You expect them to just come out and dominate after a hand full of games with each other?

benefactor
11-07-2009, 03:12 PM
Over half the threads that I merged last night were from old posters. So it's not a new poster issue.. it's a stupid poster issue. :lol
Yeah...it's more the usual suspects. I would support something more along the lines of a 48 hour "Can't start threads" badge.

CGD
11-07-2009, 03:16 PM

:toast

Spursfan092120
11-07-2009, 03:18 PM
I get it that the Spurs aren't playing well, but the meltdown that's going on right now on the forum isn't necessary this early in the season.

So PLEASE, before you start another Trade Tim, Trade Manu, Trade Tony, Fire Pop, Quit Watching Basketball, My Hair is on Fire Thread... look around the forum and find a similar one to post in. I don't need to clean up a billion threads with one post each that basically say:

Church

Aggie Hoopsfan
11-07-2009, 03:44 PM

:flipoff Sequ's the one starting five threads a night these days.

spursfan09
11-07-2009, 03:51 PM
NBA Championships are won during the first 6 games. FACT.

I lol'd

DJB
11-07-2009, 04:03 PM

:lol

draft87
11-07-2009, 04:06 PM
i get it that the spurs aren't playing well, but the meltdown that's going on right now on the forum isn't necessary this early in the season.

So please, before you start another trade tim, trade manu, trade tony, fire pop, quit watching basketball, my hair is on fire thread... Look around the forum and find a similar one to post in. I don't need to clean up a billion threads with one post each that basically say:

We suck! :bang :cry :bang

no really, spurstalk is so much better without those threads.

appreciate the clean-up kori. It's hard to read when this happens.

the clean up is incomplete. Sequ has bullshit all over the board...

+1

SoCalSpursFan
11-07-2009, 04:06 PM
I almost PM'ed Kori to beg for temporary mod status to merge all the BS that was flooding this place a few nights ago. Seriously it gets worse every year. I guess Spurs fans have been spoiled so much so that they expect the team to go 82-0.

I'm not sure if there are temporary bans on ST but I think a 7 day ban for starting a whiney BS thread during/right after games is in order.

Just relax, people. RELAX. Go buy an XBOX and get Modern Warfare 2 on Tuesday. When you are mad, play it. Maybe get NBA 2k10 and GM the Spurs to a championship. Whatever you do, STOP starting lame threads for the good of the forum.

draft87
11-07-2009, 04:07 PM
http://store.perspicuity.com/sections/Products/Lemming.sized.jpg

http://zipline.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/lemmings-a.jpg

http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/files/lemmings_620.gif

http://narocroc.files.wordpress.com/2008/12/lemmings.jpg

http://migration.files.wordpress.com/2007/06/nz051.jpg

http://ftloveblog70.files.wordpress.com/2007/09/lemmings.jpg

wouldn't it be nice if all these negative creeps would just go away and have a Lemming Party?

Mr.Robinson
11-07-2009, 04:15 PM
Only one poster actually addressed my thread topic in my thread. I'm tired of reading it's early, give them time to gel, blah blah bs. Everyone saying meltdowns, calking posters trolls and noobs. I just know Tim needs help. Bonner is pure fucking trash, garbage, rubbish, mierda, basura and just straight fucking gutter. I'm not panicked but damn, Pops needs to get his pimple ass face out of the fucking mud. Bonner is fucking trash.
PS. Bonner vale pura verga.
Translation. Bonner is worth dick.

jdev82
11-07-2009, 04:55 PM

there are like 6

polandprzem
11-07-2009, 05:00 PM
timvp said the spurs are good at b2b games ....

:headscratching

mogrovejo
11-07-2009, 06:06 PM
No.. no it's not. Over 40 threads were started during the game.

:rollin

The Spurs lost this game due to Pops decision of not doubling Oden and to allow him to catch the ball down deep, not denying the pass. Oden is a liability when double, he can't pass, panicks and often turns over the ball. He also can't gain ground with his back to the basket. Offering him easy shots gave the kid confidence to play better defence than usual, fired up his team-mates and the crowd. Without that, the Spurs would have recovered from the 323 TOs in the first quarter.

As for the guys who are against going small and playing Bonner, they'd better be ready to be frustrated watching NBA basketball in years to come. It's just the way the game is developing. It's just much easier to punish slowness than smallness these days. It's basically impossible to create spacing without good outside shooters, including amongst the bigs.

It's already happened in Europe, where the game is more congested due to the rules and court lines, where most teams now play a line-up of 3 hybrid guards, an athletic forward who plays from the perimeter and a typical back-to-basket low post center. With NBA players getting bigger and faster and defensive schemes more sophisticated and the court not getting wider, the same is bond to happen in the NBA.

The typical NBA PF that bruises and plays in the paint is quickly becoming a ghost of the past. The next one to go is the typical PG that plays like a quarterback and single-handedly leads the offence of the team.

If you want to catch a glimpse of the future of basketball, watch the Warriors.

daslicer
11-07-2009, 06:25 PM
:rollin

The Spurs lost this game due to Pops decision of not doubling Oden and to allow him to catch the ball down deep, not denying the pass. Oden is a liability when double, he can't pass, panicks and often turns over the ball. He also can't gain ground with his back to the basket. Offering him easy shots gave the kid confidence to play better defence than usual, fired up his team-mates and the crowd. Without that, the Spurs would have recovered from the 323 TOs in the first quarter.

As for the guys who are against going small and playing Bonner, they'd better be ready to be frustrated watching NBA basketball in years to come. It's just the way the game is developing. It's just much easier to punish slowness than smallness these days. It's basically impossible to create spacing without good outside shooters, including amongst the bigs.

It's already happened in Europe, where the game is more congested due to the rules and court lines, where most teams now play a line-up of 3 hybrid guards, an athletic forward who plays from the perimeter and a typical back-to-basket low post center. With NBA players getting bigger and faster and defensive schemes more sophisticated and the court not getting wider, the same is bond to happen in the NBA.

The typical NBA PF that bruises and plays in the paint is quickly becoming a ghost of the past. The next one to go is the typical PG that plays like a quarterback and single-handedly leads the offence of the team.

If you want to catch a glimpse of the future of basketball, watch the Warriors.

I agree with everything you said but Bonner still isn't the answer however unfortunately the spurs have nothing else in place to replace him. You said the players are getting bigger and faster which is two keywords right here that Bonner isn't. He's about 6'9-6'10 but he has no quickness, zero athlethic ability thus when he's not hitting his shots he is liability. The type of modern day PF-C you seem to be talking about is probably someone like the Bulls Noah or Tyrus Thomas. Those are the type of players the spurs need playing next to Duncan on the frontline but at the moment they don't have the ability to acquire that talent.

alamo50
11-08-2009, 05:23 AM
But the nudity in sigs is no problem?

byrontx
11-08-2009, 07:06 AM
Why would that be a problem?

benefactor
11-08-2009, 09:06 AM
But the nudity in sigs is no problem?
There is not full nudity allowed in the sigs...but they are allowed to push the envelope pretty far. If you find it offensive or worry about someone looking over your shoulder while you are posting just turn them off.

exstatic
11-08-2009, 11:02 AM

Tru, dat. :lol

Maybe we should lobby Austin for a ban on the sale of Crown Royal? A height requirement to start threads?

ShoogarBear
11-08-2009, 01:22 PM
I don't favor bans on noobies starting thread, however a good compromise may be that in order for a poster with less than n posts to start a thread, it has to be sponsored by a senior poster with more than x posts.

Think of the possibilities!

Fire Pop!, part 27 by noob1, brought to you by AHF.

Matt Bonner makes me puke, bynoob2, fully endorsed with the Sequ Spur stamp of approval.

Tim Duncan's underwear sizes through the years: a photographic retrospective, by duncan229, Executive Producer: duncan228.

purple asteroid flipflops Manu lettuce by noo0o0b3.4, a ducks production(TM).

timvp: god or just demigod? by aaronstampler, sponsored by "anonymous"

easjer
11-08-2009, 01:36 PM
I miss Shoog posting so much.

That was fucking hilarious.

Mel_13
11-08-2009, 01:41 PM
I don't favor bans on noobies starting thread, however a good compromise may be that in order for a poster with less than n posts to start a thread, it has to be sponsored by a senior poster with more than x posts.

Matt Bonner makes me puke, bynoob2, fully endorsed with the Sequ Spur stamp of approval.

Tim Duncan's underwear sizes through the years: a photographic retrospective, by duncan229, Executive Producer: duncan228.

:lol

More, please.

duncan228
11-08-2009, 01:57 PM
:lmao

SenorSpur
11-08-2009, 01:59 PM

Too goddamn funny. :lol

Cant_Be_Faded
11-08-2009, 06:58 PM
You know I really have noticed that the meltdown threads are especially explosive for this time of the season. It's all those damn grey posters, kori.

Cant_Be_Faded
11-08-2009, 07:00 PM
timvp said the spurs are good at b2b games ....

:headscratching

pwnt

DPG21920
11-08-2009, 08:19 PM
Whats grey got to do, got to do with it?

Cant_Be_Faded
11-08-2009, 08:23 PM
Whats grey got to do, go to do with it?

grey with less than 500 posts my bad

Spursmania
11-08-2009, 10:58 PM

:lmao:lmao

phyzik
11-09-2009, 12:55 AM

I guess I'll be the one to "bite the bullet" so to say.

you and timVP have the power on this board.

Stop bitching about it and do something about it. Asking isnt going to do shit and you know it. This is your site... Do SOMETHING about it.....

Otherwise STFU.

I'm tired of the bullshit too, but I dont have the power to do anything about it. You do. It's your site, you have the power, fix it or stop bitching.

You dont have to become a Mamabear but something needs to be done.

SequSpur
11-09-2009, 07:04 PM

Hey FO!

lmao