PDA

View Full Version : Spurs have no superstar anymore

SequSpur
11-07-2009, 01:21 AM
They don't... Duncan is a role player... Parker is trying to get others involved which doesn't work for him... Ginobili just plain sucks and his game is tired.... RJ is a role player...

WTF man.....

We were fooled.

This team is lottery bound.

jag
11-07-2009, 01:26 AM
Right on time you freakin' retard.

11-07-2009, 01:29 AM
Nooooo!

DMX7
11-07-2009, 01:30 AM
Duncan is a role player but we still have stars.

superjames1992
11-07-2009, 01:30 AM
LOL at this thread.

spurtech09
11-07-2009, 01:31 AM
who is this guy??????

Chillen
11-07-2009, 01:40 AM
I would call Tim Duncan a superstar, he isn't flashy but he is a proven winner. The Spurs though are off to a cold start to the 2010 NBA season.

Dalamar_the_Dark
11-07-2009, 01:41 AM
Its Sequ man! He like this when we lose. Lol.

I still believe in the Spurs. Think they will get it right at the end.

I mean in past seasons we always say that new players take one year to understand the Spurs system.

Now we have McDyess, Jefferson, Blair, Bogans who are all new and we are going to stuff them? PLEASE...........

I saw this coming when Pop mentioned that he was shorting the play book and keep things simple. He is probably going to add to it as we go along. But our offensive executions are pretty poor. Defensive executions wise worse.

Blair has been getting by with hustle and I like what I see.

McDyess has been pretty much lost on offense save for his sweet shooting mid-range stroke. (Thank God for that.) Defensively, he looks as though he cant do anything right.

Jefferson has been pretty ok imho. He just needs to be more aggressive instead of thinking that he is just going to shoot the 3. I like him a lot more when he is slashing to the basket. He needs to mix it up a bit more.

Last, I would like to humbly implore Pop to drop Bonner. We need frontline help INSIDE for Duncan. I would say start Ratliff to solidify an inside presence at the start of games. We are just getting killed at the start. At least Ratliff is a shot blocking presence. Dont care if he fouls out. But Duncan's knee doesnt look too good right now.

SamoanTD
11-07-2009, 01:55 AM
you suck

Parker2112
11-07-2009, 02:53 AM
fuck sequ, get this shit off the board Kori.

Höfner
11-07-2009, 02:55 AM
They are superstars in their respective home countries.

Tmac&Luther
11-07-2009, 02:59 AM
It's just father time swinging that paddle... It caught up with Duncan, get over it. It had to happen sooner of later and Father time just spanked that ass.

SA210
11-07-2009, 11:31 AM
I think Tim is just being frickin lazy. he can still be the MVP of this league if he wanted to, but no, he just gives highlight reels to lesser players dunking on him.

draft87
11-07-2009, 03:42 PM
they don't... Duncan is a role player... Parker is trying to get others involved which doesn't work for him... Ginobili just plain sucks and his game is tired.... Rj is a role player...

Wtf man.....

We were fooled.

fart

Indazone
11-07-2009, 03:44 PM
Instead of the Spurs trying to be the Utah Jazz which is what Pop is trying to do playing Bonner like he's Mehmet Okur, he should just go back to what worked in the Duncan/Robinson era.

UnWantedTheory
11-07-2009, 06:45 PM
Tard.

phxspurfan
11-07-2009, 08:58 PM
Bailing on ur boy TP? Man this will have to be quoted when he drops 50 in January.

Capt Bringdown
11-07-2009, 09:30 PM
Parker is now the only reliable member of the Big 3. Due to age & injuries, you never know what Manu and Duncan are going to bring when they hit the court. We all knew this day would come, and here it is. It's been a great ride.

Parker's an all-star, but he's not a superstar, so I think you're correct.

Tbiggums47
11-09-2009, 08:38 AM
They don't... Duncan is a role player... Parker is trying to get others involved which doesn't work for him... Ginobili just plain sucks and his game is tired.... RJ is a role player...

WTF man.....

We were fooled.

SEQUSPUR...When has a Popovich team EVER started fast???It's not his style...They will figure it out...whether its trading for a 7 footer or working with what they have...Geezzza!:wow:lmao:rolleyes:downspin::sleep

Spursmania
11-09-2009, 08:47 AM
Way to early in the season to hang it up Sequ.:lol

dbreiden83080
11-09-2009, 03:39 PM

WTF man.....

We were fooled.

Duncan is a role player, will people stop posting this horse-shit?? The season has just started, he's playing 30 min a game, putting up 15 and 12 a game. How many role players do that for a season? And he will be in the 20 and 10 range for the year if he stays healthy. Duncan is still great, not a fucking role player..

rjv
11-09-2009, 03:48 PM
this thread officially sucks

TheProfessor
11-09-2009, 03:55 PM
Way to early in the season to hang it up Sequ.:lol
It's never too early for an alcohol-induced desperation thread from Sequ.

smeagol
11-09-2009, 04:22 PM
The "we are lottery bound" thread by Sequ.

Yep . . . right on cue.

portnoy1
11-09-2009, 04:58 PM

WTF man.....

We were fooled.

Offensively Bonner/Finley spreads the floor by average. Unfortunately, the nights they dont shoot 50% or better from 3 they become liabilites. Offensively Parker and Pop have to take all the heat IMO. The offensive system was suppose to change. Motion Offense right? Pop has completely given Parker the reigns this season. The same plays are being run as last year. Parker High pick n roll with Duncan. If doubled or Duncan is covered then kick out to Finley / Bonner or instead of Mason JR. ( last season) its RJ. RJ can create off the dribble if someone runs out at him, Mason JR. cant. Thats the only difference between this and last season. Parker doesnt give up the ball. He doesn't look to post RJ up like they intended. RJ is taking Bowens spot, just with less defense and much better offense that's going to waste. If yall are wondering why Parker doesn't gets overlooked as top PG his performance against D-Will should put all the you Parker lovers and Haters to rest. D-Will ran the offense, which meant look for cutters, guys coming off screens and shooters and mismatches. After that look for your offense, which he can get anytime. Parker ran a high pick n roll and went 1 on 5 several times and kicked out to open shooters. no motion what so ever. The only time RJ gets an opportunity to post is when hill is running the point, the only time you see motion offense is when hill is running the point. Is hill better than Parker? No way, but when he is on the floor all 5 guys play as a team.