PDA

View Full Version : The Spurs are too small

tlongII
11-07-2009, 01:36 AM
I told you guys this already. You don't have enough size. You're going to get worked over by teams with size.

mexicanjunior
11-07-2009, 01:37 AM
We have size on the roster, it's just not being used. Pop has made it a point to leave only 1 person close to 7ft on the floor at all times...

SequSpur
11-07-2009, 01:38 AM
tlong is right.

jag
11-07-2009, 01:40 AM
tlong is right.

You're short and borderline retarded....but i agree, as well.

Austin_Toros
11-07-2009, 01:41 AM
do the spurs need a true center who can start and play defense? would this resolve their problems?

timtonymanu
11-07-2009, 01:42 AM
It's true. Ian Mahinmi has the size, but he isnt good enough to even crack the rotation. Same as Haislip. Bonner plays like a guard. McDyess is only 6'9. i dont think Ratliff can play starter minutes. Blair is undersized.

SequSpur
11-07-2009, 01:42 AM
You're short and borderline retarded....but i agree, as well.

i would prefer to be assessed by a nonretard thank you.

fo.

slick'81
11-07-2009, 01:45 AM
until haslip or ian do anything they dont count

blair is undersized and ratliff barely plays all u have left next to timmy is bonner and dice

NewJerSpur
11-07-2009, 01:47 AM
What happened to Ian and Haislip anyway?

slick'81
11-07-2009, 01:50 AM
http://blogs.mysanantonio.com/weblogs/spursworld/spurs-ianmahinmi.jpg

Ditty
11-07-2009, 02:05 AM
and the spurs small guys were kicking yalls ass in the 4 th quarter but came a little SHORT but im not impressed by this blazers team they made some lucky shots and worthless calls at the end of the game

Riverwalkman
11-07-2009, 03:16 AM
Yes, I agree.

Quiet Strength
11-07-2009, 03:18 AM
until haslip or ian do anything they dont count

blair is undersized and ratliff barely plays all u have left next to timmy is bonner and dice

It's not like bonner and finley are doing shit. So fuck it.. might as well give them a chance.

angelbelow
11-07-2009, 03:26 AM
It's not like bonner and finley are doing shit. So fuck it.. might as well give them a chance.

In that regard, I completely agree. Bonner and Finley are really stinking it up out there.

When bonner is hitting his shots he is of value because his defense isnt below average but he really hasnt been hitting his shots.

DJB
11-07-2009, 03:28 AM
We'll be fine 20 games in to the season.

rayray2k8
11-07-2009, 03:31 AM
It's either small ball or Matt Bonner getting playing time, so which is it??
:lol
Tough call.

sanjingsho
11-07-2009, 03:51 AM
yes, i agree.
传说中的怒吼石佛?

Riverwalkman
11-07-2009, 04:06 AM
传说中的怒吼石佛?
啊,到处都是我的球迷。:toast

Indazone
11-07-2009, 11:02 AM
Hooray for smallball! Pop's love small ball for some reason. You have enough pieces to put together a really formidable front line. Bonner is there to draw out the opposing center with this three point shooting. Too bad he sucks and can't do that so he's not keeping defenses honest. Bonner should be playing the role of Okur when he's on the floor for the Spurs.

If Pop went with a traditional twin tower lineup, the Spurs would be formidable. Look Pop can put McDyess and Duncan on the floor at the same time. You can't double both of those guys up. Play one guy high and the other low like. Use Blair to give the twin towers rest. aka Robinson/Duncan days. Put Jefferson in at small forward and play Parker/Hill at point guard and run Ginobili/Finley/or Mason at the guard. It would be a very hard team to defend.

Indazone
11-07-2009, 11:03 AM
Better yet, put Hill in at shooting guard. It's his natural position anyways.

SA210
11-07-2009, 11:22 AM
Hooray for smallball! Pop's love small ball for some reason. You have enough pieces to put together a really formidable front line. Bonner is there to draw out the opposing center with this three point shooting. Too bad he sucks and can't do that so he's not keeping defenses honest. Bonner should be playing the role of Okur when he's on the floor for the Spurs.

If Pop went with a traditional twin tower lineup, the Spurs would be formidable. Look Pop can put McDyess and Duncan on the floor at the same time. You can't double both of those guys up. Play one guy high and the other low like. Use Blair to give the twin towers rest. aka Robinson/Duncan days. Put Jefferson in at small forward and play Parker/Hill at point guard and run Ginobili/Finley/or Mason at the guard. It would be a very hard team to defend.

:toast

murpjf88
11-07-2009, 04:35 PM
Being undersized is an excuse. Houston is undersized, and their winning.

Höfner
11-07-2009, 04:37 PM
TLong's penis has this same problem.

ElNono
11-07-2009, 04:41 PM
Being undersized is an excuse. Houston is undersized, and their winning.

This. We also won with Malik Rose on board. It's about hunger, having a defensive mentality, fighting for position and boards, etc.

It's comical a Portland fan is saying this too since we actually made our run last night with a small lineup and the only guy scoring for Portland in that stretch was Roy.

tlongII
11-07-2009, 04:48 PM
This. We also won with Malik Rose on board. It's about hunger, having a defensive mentality, fighting for position and boards, etc.

It's comical a Portland fan is saying this too since we actually made our run last night with a small lineup and the only guy scoring for Portland in that stretch was Roy.

The only reason you made a run is because we made a couple of careless TO's and bricked a couple of jumpers. We were never in serious trouble.

Nbadan
11-07-2009, 04:53 PM
When the Spurs aren't hitting threes teams can crash down on Duncan and penetrators and close the offensive boards...Spurs also needed a seasoned Blair but got a rookie..

SenorSpur
11-07-2009, 04:56 PM
Personally, I believe that some time ago back in spring of 2006 Pop went to bed one night and awoke the next morning as Don Nelson. That's about the time that "small ball" reared it's ugly head for the first time - against the Dallas Mavs in the 2006 WCSF playoffs. At tha point, Rasho and Nazi were benched never to be heard from again, as Pop moved away from a twin-towers, 2-headed, center combo on the frontline.

murpjf88
11-07-2009, 05:30 PM
the spurs need to stop jacking unwarranted half-assed three's (ginobili, mason jr.) and play more of half court offense. They need to stop the running game because it rarely leads to a score and almost certainly leads to fastbreak in the other direction.

UnWantedTheory
11-07-2009, 06:55 PM
Thank you for stating what we already knew...But what good does it do? Write a letter to the Spurs org. if you really care...:)

rvman21
11-07-2009, 08:02 PM
It's true. Ian Mahinmi has the size, but he isnt good enough to even crack the rotation. Same as Haislip. Bonner plays like a guard. McDyess is only 6'9. i dont think Ratliff can play starter minutes. Blair is undersized.

how do you know that ian can't crack the rotation, he hasn't been given a chance, pop is being stubborn

ElNono
11-07-2009, 08:07 PM
The only reason you made a run is because we made a couple of careless TO's and bricked a couple of jumpers. We were never in serious trouble.

I'd say that if you can't even hold on to a sizeable lead at home against a team missing one of their stars and the other one playing a half-assed game, then you definitely are in serious trouble.

itzsoweezee
11-07-2009, 08:12 PM
spurs have size, popvich simply won't play the big men. instead, he starts boner and plays finley, jefferson, et al. at power forward.

spurtech09
11-07-2009, 10:39 PM
add ian to the starting line up....give blair more mins .....

ceperez
11-08-2009, 06:28 AM
Personally, I believe that some time ago back in spring of 2006 Pop went to bed one night and awoke the next morning as Don Nelson. That's about the time that "small ball" reared it's ugly head for the first time - against the Dallas Mavs in the 2006 WCSF playoffs. At tha point, Rasho and Nazi were benched never to be heard from again, as Pop moved away from a twin-towers, 2-headed, center combo on the frontline.

Yes, it's been painful to watch ever since.

We did surprisingly win against Cleveland a year later. But IMHO, that was a fluke! The Mav's were eliminated by Nellie Ball in the first round that year. While we stole a series from the Suns. Luckily to face a completely green team in the Cavs.

Difference though was we still had Robert Horry then that played great shot block help defense.

SenorSpur
11-08-2009, 11:37 AM
Yes, it's been painful to watch ever since.

We did surprisingly win against Cleveland a year later. But IMHO, that was a fluke! The Mav's were eliminated by Nellie Ball in the first round that year. While we stole a series from the Suns. Luckily to face a completely green team in the Cavs.

Difference though was we still had Robert Horry then that played great shot block help defense.

And Pop has been frantically looking for a Robert Horry ever since. He thought he could turn Bonner into that, but failed. Instead of looking for the next Horry, he should've been looking for and grooming the next shot-blocking, rebounding, 5-man and a true heir apparent to Bowen.

Duncan badly needs help. I've been saying it for 3 years. The two-headed center, and the defensive brilliance of Bowen, is how this team was able to absolutely stifle teams on the defensive end. That's the formula Pop should've "hung his hat" on.