PDA

View Full Version : What happened to Blair?

tlongII
11-07-2009, 11:25 AM
0 points and 4 rebounds. It's a little early to hit the rookie wall isn't it? :huh

Fabbs
11-07-2009, 11:27 AM
in 5 minutes. Much more per then Oden.:lol

He's hit the Popped wall.

tlongII
11-07-2009, 11:31 AM
Actually he played 10 minutes.

superjames1992
11-07-2009, 11:40 AM
None of the big guys besides Timmy got much playing time because Pop was playing small ball practically the whole second half of the game.

Bukefal
11-07-2009, 01:08 PM
Everybody is so fast with conclusions in here, damn....

TimDunkem
11-07-2009, 01:22 PM
Did you actually watch the game, or are you just trolling?

kace
11-07-2009, 02:37 PM
well, at least this thread could be used as an example that even + 18.000 posters can start stupid threads.

tlongII
11-07-2009, 02:46 PM
well, at least this thread could be used as an example that even + 18.000 posters can start stupid threads.

Orly? 0 points, 4 rebounds, -8 in 10 minutes.

CGD
11-07-2009, 02:59 PM
It was about the match ups. We were playing with one big most of the game.

rascal
11-07-2009, 03:11 PM
It was about the match ups. We were playing with one big most of the game.

Why are the Spurs trying tp match up with the Blazers? Inferior teams try to matchup with their opponents while the top teams just trot out their regular rotation.

Blair needs to get minutes regardless of the opponent.

draft87
11-07-2009, 03:22 PM
0 points and 4 rebounds. It's a little early to hit the rookie wall isn't it? :huh

what the hell do you care? oden hit the rookie wall before the season even started. he hit it so hard he couldn't even play his first year and couldn't complete his first game in his second first year. :nope

Chomag
11-07-2009, 03:23 PM
Why are the Spurs trying tp match up with the Blazers? Inferior teams try to matchup with their opponents while the top teams just trot out their regular rotation.

You know I havn't really thought of it that way. You have a point. Why does it seem like the Spurs are the ones usually trying to match up and not the other way around? You never hear that from the Lakers, Celtics,Denver,and Orlando do it.

I just wish we could just play Spurs ball and not let the opponent dictate how we play.

CGD
11-07-2009, 03:31 PM

Who would you put him on? (1) Oden, who out-sizes him and was having a statement game last night, (2) Pryz who also out-sizes him and was seemingly swatting everything in sight last night, or (3) LaMarcus who is too quick and agile for Blair? Blair IS NOT dominant enough to "get minutes regardless of the opponent." Match-ups trump.

BTW to his credit, Bonner played SOLID D on LaMarcus in the first half. But I probably shouldnt say that since overly emotionally fans are going to call me on it...

The Truth #6
11-07-2009, 04:56 PM
When Bonner can get more than 2 rebounds a game, then I'll begin to consider him as playing good defense. I'm not sure Bonner has ever made a good play on defense, other than blocking Shaq, which was awesome. Bonner may have his hands up and occasionally be in position but that's only one aspect of playing defense, and he's not even that good at that. His mediocre defense and atrocious rebounding can be tolerated IF he's hitting 40% of his threes, but when he bricks a bunch in a row he serves no purpose, and worse, loses his purpose as the rest of his game gets even worse. Even Hubie Brown can recognize that.

Nbadan
11-07-2009, 05:01 PM
I'd package Finley and Bonner in a heart-beat for the right deal...

SpurNation
11-07-2009, 05:48 PM
Only played 10 minutes.

KSeal
11-07-2009, 06:16 PM
lol the beast

If he's so beastly and unstoppable why only ten minutes? Bonner>The Beast ?:lmao

mogrovejo
11-07-2009, 06:18 PM
He's amazingly slow-footed. The Spurs better have this guy chasing chickens during practices.

Ditty
11-07-2009, 07:17 PM
hes done more than oden during his rookie season

Agloco
11-07-2009, 07:33 PM

Actually he played 10 minutes.

:rolleyes

Idiot.

phxspurfan
11-07-2009, 08:54 PM
For a guy who only has one move (the post spin-and under-the-basket layup) and is a rookie, I'd say this is to be expected. He's not Rodman...yet.

Chieflion
11-07-2009, 09:40 PM
For a guy who only has one move (the post spin-and under-the-basket layup) and is a rookie, I'd say this is to be expected. He's not Rodman...yet.
Does Rodman even have any offensive skills except for the usual offensive tip in?

Chieflion
11-07-2009, 10:18 PM
He sucks as a defender
Well, the last thing in a rookie's learning curve has usually been defense. However, if the Spurs don't play him, he is never going to get the experience. Looking at Kevin Durant and Derrick Rose, they are still not above average at defense which is a poor sign for the NBA.

SpurNation
11-07-2009, 10:56 PM
lol the beast

If he's so beastly and unstoppable why only ten minutes? Bonner>The Beast ?:lmao

Your hope that that be true is as hilarious as your response hence your phsycological idea that posting :lmao in your response would only solidify your thought.

Of course I think you know he is a better option but realize you really are afraid that it might be true.