PDA

View Full Version : Thank goodness they pulled McDyess...

Dice
11-07-2009, 01:43 PM
It made me sick to see him come in there with all that hustle and making all those shots. Didn't he know this was supposed to be a blowout where we could rest our starters in the fourth because the game was already over?

It's a good thing they got him out'a there when they did, otherwise the spurs might have accidentally won that game.

12 f*cking minutes. I hope the plan isn't to get him 6 a half the rest of the season.

On another note Jefferson played well after getting pulled initially. He and Hill were the only Spurs who shot 50% or better.

Interrohater
11-07-2009, 01:46 PM
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=138791

UnWantedTheory
11-07-2009, 06:39 PM
yup yup

exstatic
11-07-2009, 07:15 PM
It made me sick to see him come in there with all that hustle and making all those shots. Didn't he know this was supposed to be a blowout where we could rest our starters in the fourth because the game was already over?

It's a good thing they got him out'a there when they did, otherwise the spurs might have accidentally won that game.

12 f*cking minutes. I hope the plan isn't to get him 6 a half the rest of the season.

On another note Jefferson played well after getting pulled initially. He and Hill were the only Spurs who shot 50% or better.
Blair played only 10 minutes, too, so it wasn't just Dice. Portland seemed to be content with small ball, since they started 3 guards: Miller, Blake, and Roy.

Chomag
11-07-2009, 07:20 PM
Blair played only 10 minutes, too, so it wasn't just Dice. Portland seemed to be content with small ball, since they started 3 guards: Miller, Blake, and Roy.
But they also had Oden and Aldridge out there. I wouldn't mind the Spurs playing positions 1-3 small as long as they had size in the front court like it's supposed to be.

Dice
11-07-2009, 07:21 PM

I saw McDyess hitting shots and keeping Przybilla off the offensive glass. He'd barely been in there 6 minutes so it wasn't like he was winded.

I'd looked forward to seeing Duncan and Dice playing together this season. Instead they're hardly ever on the court at the same time.

If the Spurs were winning the games I could live with it but this giving up a big lead right at the start of the game is something I think they could fix.

EricB
11-07-2009, 07:22 PM
Is this the say Dice who the other night made Mehmet Okur look like a fucking all star down in the post?

He aint close to ready.

That being said, he should've got more burn last night.

Chomag
11-07-2009, 07:25 PM
Is this the say Dice who the other night made Mehmet Okur look like a fucking all star down in the post?

He aint close to ready.

Yep, he is for sure not going to get ready just sitting.

Aggie Hoopsfan
11-07-2009, 07:38 PM

He aint close to ready.

He sucked against Utah, but he single handedly ralled the team back against Portland. Great take, Tpark. Way to live in the past, as usual.

Buddy Holly
11-07-2009, 08:33 PM

He aint close to ready.

Why was "that" even need to be said?

Höfner
11-07-2009, 08:43 PM
How does McDyess pull that shit. Good move, Pop.

Obstructed_View
11-08-2009, 11:14 AM
When Matt Bonner comes in and plays decent defense and shoots outside shots, everyone hates him. When Antonio McDyess comes in and plays horrible defense and shoots outside shots, certain idiots on Spurstalk want him playing heavy minutes. Nice thinkin'.

Mel_13
11-08-2009, 11:26 AM
Dice's numbers last season:

Pre-break (bench):
25.6 mpg
7.3 ppg
8.6 rpg

Post-break (starter):
34.9 mpg
12.1 ppg
11.0 rpg

So last year, after coming off the bench for 32 games and missing 20 games due to his buyout from Denver, McDyess was able to start to the final 30 games and play major minutes at a very high level. He also went for 13/8.5 in Detroit's short playoff run.

Dice
11-08-2009, 02:00 PM
When Matt Bonner comes in and plays decent defense and shoots outside shots, everyone hates him. When Antonio McDyess comes in and plays horrible defense and shoots outside shots, certain idiots on Spurstalk want him playing heavy minutes. Nice thinkin'.

How was his defense "horrible"? Przybilla had 5 offensive rebounds with Duncan on him. McDyess came in and kept him off the boards.

Bonner was 1 for 6 against Utah and 1 for 4 against Portland. McDyess was 2 for 5 and 4 for 6. Starting Bonner in both games has resulted in a double digit lead within the first 5 minutes of the game for the opposing team. I guess certain idiots on Spurstalk don't actually pay attention to what's happening out on the floor.

Mel_13
11-08-2009, 02:12 PM
How was his defense "horrible"? Przybilla had 5 offensive rebounds with Duncan on him. McDyess came in and kept him off the boards.

Bonner was 1 for 6 against Utah and 1 for 4 against Portland. McDyess was 2 for 5 and 4 for 6. Starting Bonner in both games has resulted in a double digit lead within the first 5 minutes of the game for the opposing team. I guess certain idiots on Spurstalk don't actually pay attention to what's happening out on the floor.

Sounds convincing. Just not true.

Dice
11-08-2009, 02:16 PM
Well I'd freakin love to hear your take on what the problem with the D is at the start of the game.

You think it's Tim? Or are you going to blame the guards? Enlighten me.

Mel_13
11-08-2009, 02:18 PM
Well I'd freakin love to hear your take on what the problem with the D is at the start of the game.

You think it's Tim? Or are you going to blame the guards? Enlighten me.

Your statement was untrue. If you have a point make, you should be able to make it without making things up.

Dice
11-08-2009, 02:31 PM
Your statement was untrue. If you have a point make, you should be able to make it without making things up.

I'm convinced.

Thanks.

Mel_13
11-08-2009, 02:32 PM
I'm convinced.

Thanks.

Glad I could help.

Dice
11-08-2009, 02:40 PM
You're the best and I'll know who to come to for help next time.

Mel_13
11-08-2009, 02:41 PM

Or you could just check the game logs before you post.

Dice
11-08-2009, 02:44 PM
Have I mentioned how much I admire your sense of style? I've been meaning to.

Indazone
11-08-2009, 02:51 PM
Gotta hand it to Pop, he rewards veterans and loyalty. Last year it was Vaughn and Bonner, this year it's Finley and Bonner.

Go Red Rocket!:lol

NBAcourtsweatsweeperupper
11-08-2009, 02:53 PM
He will come around...just wait and see.

Mel_13
11-08-2009, 02:59 PM
Have I mentioned how much I admire your sense of style? I've been meaning to.

Why thank you. As I said, glad to help.

Aggie Hoopsfan
11-08-2009, 09:55 PM

Did you even watch the Portland game? McDyess went in at center for Tim and spurred the comeback, cutting a double digit lead down to like a 3-4 point game. Then they took him out and it was game over :lol

DPG21920
11-08-2009, 09:57 PM
You can also substitute Bogans for McDyess and it would read the same. I don't know why Bogans was pulled.

taps
11-09-2009, 05:52 AM

lol dice you're aight

SAGambler
11-09-2009, 12:30 PM

Don't believe it was Bonner getting stripped and turning the ball over every time it came near him.

Obstructed_View
11-09-2009, 02:43 PM
Did you even watch the Portland game? McDyess went in at center for Tim and spurred the comeback, cutting a double digit lead down to like a 3-4 point game. Then they took him out and it was game over :lol

Um...did you even watch the Portland game?

lefty
11-09-2009, 02:47 PM

He aint close to ready.

OMG, Okur looked Olajuwonesque that night :bang