PDA

View Full Version : Iverson leaves Grizzlies for personal reasons

Pistons < Spurs
11-07-2009, 08:32 PM
The Allen Iverson saga has taken another turn as the veteran guard asked for and was granted permission to leave the Grizzlies to deal with a personal matter, according to an NBA source.

Iverson, 34, met with Griz owner Michael Heisley Friday night following the team’s 114-98 loss to the Los Angeles Lakers. The pair met again this morning, and Iverson was expected to depart for Atlanta this afternoon.

Atlanta is where Iverson lives during the offseason.

This latest development comes after Iverson played in three games since returning from a hamstring injury. Iverson came off the bench in each of those appearances and expressed his displeasure over that role all week.

It is not known when Iverson will rejoin the Grizzlies.

Iverson has averaged 12.3 points, 3.7 assists, 2.3 turnovers and 57-percent shooting in 22 minutes for the Grizzlies.http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2009/nov/07/allen-iverson-leaves-grizzlies-personal-reasons/

from twitter:

chadfordinsider

Wonder if they're the same "personal reasons" he left Detroit last season. Lots of folks in the league think he won't be back.

Findog
11-07-2009, 08:33 PM
Got damn, he's headed for Starbury territory.

Culburn369
11-07-2009, 08:34 PM
Here's this knucklehead again with the moniker bowin' down to the Spurs.

Allanon
11-07-2009, 08:35 PM
It's possible this is due to legit family reasons...in that case that's fine.

But if it's over his starting/bench role, he's indeed approaching Starbury territory.

Findog
11-07-2009, 08:38 PM
It's possible this is due to legit family reasons...in that case that's fine.

But if it's over his starting/bench role, he's indeed approaching Starbury territory.

I agree, but Chad Ford is insinuating that it's the latter reason he's left the team. Dude could still be a contributor 6th man type for a good team, but nobody will fucking want him if he can't suck it up and come to terms with the fact that it's not 2001 anymore. Nobody put a gun to his head and made him sign with Memphis, and there are quotes from July where the Grizzlies brass made it clear that they did not necessarily want to give him a starting job.

dirk4mvp
11-07-2009, 08:45 PM
http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m313/brandalin25/success_baby1.jpg

Culburn369
11-07-2009, 08:49 PM
Farmar for Iverson?

Is the Staples shower stall big enough?

Danny.Zhu
11-07-2009, 09:03 PM
So disappointed.

Allanon
11-07-2009, 09:07 PM
Farmar for Iverson?

Damn, that's tempting. :lol

Allanon
11-07-2009, 09:09 PM
I agree, but Chad Ford is insinuating that it's the latter reason he's left the team. Dude could still be a contributor 6th man type for a good team, but nobody will fucking want him if he can't suck it up and come to terms with the fact that it's not 2001 anymore. Nobody put a gun to his head and made him sign with Memphis, and there are quotes from July where the Grizzlies brass made it clear that they did not necessarily want to give him a starting job.

I hadn't read Chad Ford's article yet. Man, if it is, this is really disappointing.

This dude's a lock for the HoF and still a solid player, but if it's true this is just embarrassing.

Pistons < Spurs
11-07-2009, 09:40 PM
A frustrated Allen Iverson(notes) has departed the Memphis Grizzlies and is not expected to return any time soon, if at all, a source close to Yahoo! Sports said today. The source said Iverson is going back to Atlanta to clear his head and is extremely unhappy about the lack of communication with coach Lionel Hollins over his playing time and reserve role in three games since returning from an injury. Hollins has told reporters he’d prefer to focus on the team than his dispute with Iverson. Even so, other sources close to the Grizzlies suggest Iverson has not asked to be waived and that his departure is for personal reasons and that a timetable for his return is unknown.http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=Au5RUO0QbwRjIIHmCbvISf85nYcB?slug=mc-iversonleaves110709&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

KidCongo
11-07-2009, 09:42 PM
God dammit, AI was meant to stay there so we could get Rudy Gay or the superstar Marc Gasol cheaply.

KSeal
11-07-2009, 09:43 PM
Farmar for Iverson?

Morrison for Iverson is more like it :)

djohn2oo8
11-07-2009, 09:50 PM
I think we can all agree on the notion of lol grizzlies

pawe
11-07-2009, 09:52 PM
Iverson, TP and Manu. Make it happen POP.

Allanon
11-07-2009, 09:53 PM
He's ready, and I'm sure willing. Toss them a second round draft as well.

Morrison for Iverson is more like it :)

F it.

Do it Mitch!

Trainwreck2100
11-07-2009, 09:55 PM
I think we can all agree on the notion of lol grizzlies

fuck the grizzlies

LnGrrrR
11-07-2009, 09:55 PM
Wow... Iverson, you're officially a trainwreck. Aren't people like him supposed to have friends to tell him the truth?

Trainwreck2100
11-07-2009, 10:00 PM
Wow... Iverson, you're officially a trainwreck. Aren't people like him supposed to have friends to tell him the truth?

motherfucker he is nothing like me

djohn2oo8
11-07-2009, 10:00 PM
^ Iverson and Artest on the same team would be comedic gold

bostonguy
11-07-2009, 10:02 PM
I dont want to see him make his way to Boston. KG and Pierce are already texting his ass. We can offer him minutes, and a title.

If the Celts get AI, I am offically conceeding the season. Fuck him. We don't need his egotistical ass He wouldn't work here.

Trainwreck2100
11-07-2009, 10:03 PM
If the Celts get AI, I am offically conceeding the season. Fuck him. We don't need his egotistical ass He wouldn't work here.

they didn't learn their lesson with Marbury?

wireonfire
11-07-2009, 10:42 PM
they didn't learn their lesson with Marbury?

They did offer Marbury another contract which he turned down.

badfish22
11-07-2009, 11:25 PM
AI could work in LA
He could start at PG and Kobe would just handle the ball.

Plus as djohn said it would be comedic gold :lol

Brazil
11-07-2009, 11:37 PM
My fantasy team is ruined... After Griffin batum Bynum now AI... lol

dirk4mvp
11-07-2009, 11:40 PM

Who in their right mind would have Batum on their fantasy team?

Allanon
11-07-2009, 11:41 PM

Bynum will be back soon maybe tomorrow.

But good luck with AI, Blake and Batum. Sorry sir. :lol

BRHornet45
11-07-2009, 11:50 PM
sons this little dude just needs his ass whipped one time. just one good beat down ... spoiled, little bitch.

Brazil
11-07-2009, 11:50 PM
Who in their right mind would have Batum on their fantasy team?

he was my last pick and the kid has a hell of potential he played well during the summer for FNT and it was a good opportunity to watch his progress.

I guess it's like mavs including Bubois in their roster

Brazil
11-07-2009, 11:53 PM
Bynum will be back soon maybe tomorrow.

But good luck with AI, Blake and Batum. Sorry sir. :lol

:king :hang

Pistons < Spurs
11-08-2009, 12:03 AM
Former Pistons guard Allen Iverson leaves Grizzlies indefinitely with permission

Former Detroit Pistons guard Allen Iverson, who now plays for Memphis, returned to his home in Atlanta after receiving permission to leave the team to attend to personal business.

Grizzlies owner Michael Heisley gave the four-time NBA scoring leader permission to skip the team's game Saturday night against the Los Angeles Clippers following a 114-98 loss to the Lakers the night before.

According to a team spokesman, Iverson participated in a walk-through at the team's hotel in the morning and then hopped a flight in the afternoon after he and personal manager Gary Moore met with Heisley.

Iverson has played in three games since returning from a hamstring injury, averaging 12.3 points, 3.7 assists and 22.3 minutes. Coach Lionel Hollins spoke to him briefly before he left but would not elaborate on the conversation.

"It's a personal issue that they asked for permission to go attend to," Hollins said. "It was granted, and it's indefinite. I have no other information."

Iverson played 21 minutes against the Lakers, making 2-of-5 shots and finishing with eight points and three assists. In the postgame dressing room, the 10-time All-Star reiterated his displeasure about coming off the bench for the first time in his 14-year career.

"It's something that I never did in my life, so, obviously, it's a big adjustment," he said. "I'm so tired of discussing that, talking about that, every single day. It's just not something that I want to discuss. That's something you've got to ask the coach. He makes all the decisions around here. Obviously, they signed me for a reason. They've been watching me play this game for 13 years, and they know what I do on the basketball court."

Iverson also acknowledged he had become a distraction.

"When I hear anything about the Memphis Grizzlies, I don't hear you guys talk about anything other than the situation with me coming off the bench," he said Friday. "I mean, there's got to be something else with this team to talk about besides that. But I guess that sells a lot better than anything else when it comes to this team."

The worst part of his situation, Iverson said, was he and Hollins have not discussed the situation in private.

"That's probably why it's at this point right now," Iverson said. "It's probably going to always be hard for me and him to see eye-to-eye, because we've never even talked to each other. Obviously, that's what you do if you're trying to accomplish the same goal."

When asked before Saturday's game to respond, Hollins bluntly: "If Allen wants to talk to me, my door is open. I talk to him during the game before the game and after the game.

"I understand star power, and that's to be expected. I wouldn't mind even talking about Allen's star power if it was about the game and his performance during the game, versus what Allen has said and what he will or won't do."

The Grizzlies used Marcus Williams as the backup point guard against the Clippers.

"It's the way we'd been going since training camp, until the last three games," Hollins said.

Asked if he had any timetable as to when Iverson might start for the Grizzlies, Hollins said: "I have no comment about that."http://www.mlive.com/pistons/index.ssf/2009/11/former_pistons_guard_allen_ive_1.html

Indazone
11-08-2009, 12:36 AM
He's trying to get the Grizzlies to trade his ass. He doesn't want to be there coming off the bench. To be honest, he should be playing for a team with shitty guards like the Thunder. But knowing Iverson, he wants to win a title so he wants to go to a team with a shot and start. Won't happen but it's good to want things. I think he should join Starbury and play in Italy.

Pistons < Spurs
11-08-2009, 01:20 AM
Answers few and far between on Allen Iverson's future in Memphis

Is Allen Iverson's career in Memphis over after just three games?

On Saturday, Iverson was granted permission to leave the the Grizzlies to deal with a personal matter a Grizzlies spokesperson confirmed.

The question is, will he be back? Head coach Lionel Hollins said Saturday night that Iverson's departure was "indefinite." Owner Michael Heisley said Iverson's absence has nothing to do with his displeasure about his role on the team.

“I’m not going to get into the personal reason but it has nothing to do with the other stuff,” Heisley told the Commercial Appeal, referring to Iverson’s public displeasure over his reserve role. “I’m the guy who said he could go. It’s a real family issue that I don’t think should be reported.”

However Heisley also said that there are still big issues to address when and if Iverson returns.

“There’s no question that when he comes back we have to work some things out,” Heisley said. “He’s got a lot of work to do, but we’ve all got to get on the same page. He understands what the conditions are. And we need to be less hyper about this along with Allen.”

Despite Heisley's remarks to the media, the rumor making its way through the NBA grapevine, according to a number of league sources unconnected to the Grizzlies, is that Iverson's gone for good from the Grizzlies.

One rival GM, citing a conversation with someone from the Grizzlies coaching staff, told ESPN.com that the Grizzlies and Iverson had mutually agreed to part ways. According to this source, the word is that Iverson was causing too many distractions and the team didn't want to deal with Iverson's insistence that he be put in the starting lineup.

But another league source cautioned that these things often have a way of working themselves out over time.

"You never say it's over until it's over," the source said. "The Grizzlies still owe Iverson a lot of money. I'm sure they're going to explore trading him but it's going to be really, really hard. If they can't, they may have to swallow $3.5 million this season. That works out to $1 million per game. They have a lot of financial problems there. I'm just not sure they are going to give up just yet."

Iverson, who signed with Memphis as a free agent in the offseason, can't be traded until Dec. 15. If the Grizzlies intend to trade him, they have to keep him on the roster until at least that date, and they might also have to insist that they intend to keep him for the remainder of the season to keep teams from merely waiting for him to be waived. Of course, it's unclear whether Iverson has trade value at this point, given his problems with the Grizzlies.

A number of GMs I spoke with on Saturday night said they had no interest in acquiring Iverson via trade or off the waiver wire. "I can't imagine anyone wanting him at this point," one GM said. "Struggling teams now know he's going to be a distraction. Contending teams have to live with the fact that Iverson puts himself above the team. Even the Clippers backed away from him this summer and Donald Sterling will do anything to sell tickets. I'm still not sure what the Grizzlies were thinking."

No one is, especially in light of recent revelations that neither GM Chris Wallace nor Hollins addressed Iverson's role as a starter or bench player before signing him.

"That is, in a word, amazing," one NBA executive who explored signing Iverson this summer said. "The guy has a documented history of resisting coming off the bench. The Grizzlies had a young starting backcourt of Mike Conley and O.J. Mayo. No one thought to explore it?"

Iverson started the season sidelined by a hamstring injury. In his three games with the Grizzlies, he has come off the bench. After his first game, he made it known he was unhappy.

"It's something that I never did in my life, so obviously it's a big adjustment," Iverson said of coming off the bench.

Iverson also indicated that he was off to a rocky start with Hollins over more than just a starting position.

"I think that's probably the worst part of all this," Iverson said Friday. "That while all this is going on, we have never talked to each other. That's probably why it's at this point right now. We've just never had a conversation, so it's probably going to always be hard for me and him to see eye-to-eye, because we've never even talked to each other. Obviously that's what you do if you're trying to accomplish the same goal."

Iverson ran into similar issues last season with the Pistons. After he was demoted from his starting job to a sixth-man role, he eventually left the team and didn't return for the rest of the season. While the official reason provided was that Iverson was rehabbing an injury, sources said later that the Pistons and Iverson had mutually agreed to part ways because he couldn't come to grips with being demoted to the bench.

Is history repeating itself? If it is, one GM was ready to write AI's NBA eulogy: "He's finished in the NBA. He can go hang out with Stephon Marbury."

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/10438/answers-few-and-far-between-on-allen-iversons-future-in-memphis

carrao45
11-08-2009, 01:47 AM
He used to be one of my favorite players. Now I would just love to see him in person so I could tell him what a douche he is. I came off the bench for my basketball team this summer, and it's not even remotely a problem. Fuck Allen Iverson, I hate him

redzero
11-08-2009, 01:50 AM
^ Iverson and Artest on the same team would be comedic gold

http://images.smarter.com/blogs/iversonartest.jpg

Def Rowe
11-08-2009, 02:11 AM
Iverson is probably trying to ease his way onto the Celtics. I don't think he would want to play for the Lakers after the crowd booed him pretty hard when he came into yesterdays game. He looked butthurt for a split second.

SenorSpur
11-08-2009, 02:39 AM
Call me a skeptic, but this this another one of this bullshit escape mechanisms. He pulled the same shit with Detroit last season. He's simply pissed because he's not starting and the spoiled little bitch is unhappy. I hope he rots on the Grizzleis bench or gets waived and never plays again.

BRHornet45
11-08-2009, 02:50 AM
just beat this motherfucker. beat him

F_U_Buddy
11-08-2009, 02:56 AM
just beat this motherfucker. beat him

might work in prison but in the free world more likely than not you'll be catching a couple of bullets in your ass....:corn:

Indazone
11-08-2009, 10:07 AM
He might be headed for Europe if an NBA team doesn't take him. This was reported on his own personal site before signing with the Grizzlies.

Allen Iverson hasn’t closed door on Europe
by Dal on Sep.22, 2009, under News
Allen Iverson hasn’t closed the door on playing in Europe.
Allen Iverson recently confirmed receiving a contract offer from Greek powerhouse Olympiakos, which he turned down to join the Grizzlies.
Iverson cited difficulties bringing his family to Europe, but added that he still has “enough fuel left in the tank…it does not close the door.” While overseas, A.I. saw Marc Gasol at the EuroBasket tournament (where Spain took gold). He said Gasol “looked good. I can’t wait to take the court with him.”

Should not have left the Sixers

Obstructed_View
11-08-2009, 11:09 AM
What a dumbass.

bdubya
11-08-2009, 12:23 PM
"When I hear anything about the Memphis Grizzlies, I don't hear you guys talk about anything other than the situation with me coming off the bench," he said Friday. "I mean, there's got to be something else with this team to talk about besides that. But I guess that sells a lot better than anything else when it comes to this team."

If you don't like it, then STFU and come off the bench with a smile. Asshole.

Findog
11-08-2009, 12:35 PM
Iverson still has enough left in the tank to be a Bill Walton 86 Celtics contributor for some contender, but he's got his head stuck too far up his ass to realize it.

Steve Jobs
11-08-2009, 12:41 PM
I wish he'd come to GS. Anything to livin' it up here.

Morg1411
11-08-2009, 04:05 PM
I thought God meant for Iverson to play for Memphis? :lol

will_spurs
11-09-2009, 06:10 AM
" I talk to him during the game before the game and after the game. I understand star power, and that's to be expected. I wouldn't mind even talking about Allen's star power if it was about the game and his performance during the game, versus what Allen has said and what he will or won't do."Why can't he talk to him during practice? Oh wait...

HotRod
11-09-2009, 07:27 AM
LMAO^^^ "we talking bout practice"

duncan228
11-09-2009, 03:12 PM
Griz owner: No indication Iverson to quit (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4637219)
ESPN.com news services

Memphis Grizzlies owner Michael Heisley has shot down the idea that Allen Iverson is mulling retirement as he takes an indefinite leave of absence for a personal matter.

Frustration stemming from his reserve role combined with the stress related to a recent family issue has caused Iverson to consider hanging up his jersey for good, The Commercial Appeal of Memphis reported Monday morning.

But Heisley said there was no indication of such consideration by the 34-year-old guard, and the owner told the newspaper that "if he was going to retire, he'd tell me first."

Iverson returned to his home in Atlanta late last week with Heisley's permission.

"I expect him to come back," Heisley said. "If he does retire, I'll be tremendously disappointed. I feel bad because I don't think that's the way he should go out."

Iverson has played in three games since returning from a hamstring injury, averaging 12.3 points, 3.7 assists and 22.3 minutes. But he has expressed displeasure over coming off the bench thus far this season.

"It's something that I never did in my life, so obviously it's a big adjustment," he said last week. "I'm so tired of discussing that, talking about that, every single day. It's just not something that I want to discuss."

Iverson has also acknowledged he had become a distraction.

Allen Iverson's career, at a glance

• 14th NBA season with fourth different team
• 10-time All-Star selection
• Four-time NBA scoring champion
• 2000-01 NBA MVP
• 1996-97 NBA Rookie of the Year
• Two-time All-Star Game MVP
• Three-time All-NBA First Team

Culburn369
11-09-2009, 04:14 PM
[[[• 14th NBA season with fourth different team]]]

Jesus, did that go by in a blink.

Allanon
11-09-2009, 04:34 PM
• 10-time All-Star selection
• Four-time NBA scoring champion
• 2000-01 NBA MVP
• 1996-97 NBA Rookie of the Year
• Two-time All-Star Game MVP
• Three-time All-NBA First Team

You know you have too much money or the accolades have gone to your head if you would rather retire than get paid $4 million for playing 20 minutes a game.

lefty
11-09-2009, 04:53 PM
Iverson may want to reconsider his "practice" speech.

" Playing games ! Playing games ! We're talking about playing games !
I'm already a star; I don't need to play games; I think hard about winning everyday "

adidas11
11-09-2009, 05:53 PM
Actually, listening to Michael Wilbon, Iverson playing with Cleveland doesn't sound like a bad idea at all. Cleveland could use the perimeter scoring help.

duncan228
11-10-2009, 02:14 PM
Roundtable: Iverson's future (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/basketball/nba/11/10/roundtable/index.html)

Four SI.com writers analyze the latest news and address hot topics from around the NBA each week. (All stats and records are through Nov. 9.)

1. With Allen Iverson's future in limbo, what is the best possible outcome for him? What do you think will happen?

Ian Thomsen: By bringing Iverson off the bench, coach Lionel Hollins is obviously trying to act in the best interests of the Grizzlies' franchise (as opposed to what is best for Iverson). It will be interesting to see if Hollins' sense of virtue is rewarded -- or condemned -- by management. I don't understand why Iverson would want to play for the Grizzlies. They're a losing team with no hope of reaching the playoffs, and his $3.1 million salary is 15 percent of what he was making last year. Iverson believes he deserves a level of respect and commitment that the league is unwilling to give him. If he isn't willing to play with a second unit and no team in the league is willing to start him, then he should retire. (And under no circumstances should he try to play in Europe. He would not be happy there at all.)

Jack McCallum: The best possible future for him is that he climbs into a time machine and sets the dial for 2001 when he lifted an otherwise junior varsity team called the Philadelphia 76ers to the NBA Finals, and even led the Sixers to a Game 1 win in Los Angeles. Except that's not exactly a future. (Unless it involves Michael J. Fox.) Iverson's actual future? That's a tough one. If there's a team out there able to persuade him he should come off the bench, he's worth signing. The coolest scenario would be for him to join Larry Brown in Charlotte, but I don't think that's going to happen. I do believe that Iverson and the Grizzlies will part ways, but the man does not really want to retire and will not do so until every option is explored.

Chris Mannix: If this really is it for Iverson in Memphis, then this really is it for Iverson. Let's remember, the line for Iverson's services in the offseason began on Beale Street and ended at the FedEx Forum; Memphis wasn't his best option; it was his only option. And if Iverson walks away after just three games, there won't be a team in the league willing to touch him. That includes the Knicks, who, despite an anemic offense and no real point guard to speak of, won't add the Iverson Show to an already circus-like season.

Arash Markazi: The best possible scenario for Iverson would be to stay out of Memphis, because that situation isn't going to change anytime soon. Just being around that team for two days in Los Angeles, I could tell that Iverson wouldn't last with the Grizzlies. I figured something would happen before the All-Star break, but I couldn't have imagined he would bolt before the end of their road trip. Iverson and Hollins will never see eye-to-eye -- that is if they ever took the time to actual have a heart-to-heart talk about Iverson's role on the team. I still think he can play and contribute, but if you're a contending team, would you really take a chance on him after you saw what happened to the Nuggets and Pistons after Denver traded him to Detroit, not to mention his most recent stint in Memphis? We may have seen the last of Iverson in the NBA.

jacobdrj
11-10-2009, 02:17 PM
He should absolutely play in Europe. He will get a kick out of it. He will play 48 minutes a game, barring injury/foul trouble. The trapezoid will give him MORE freedom inside, and he will sell out any crowd there for years to come. He will probably get a nice pay-day too...

Pistons < Spurs
11-16-2009, 12:27 PM
Heisley to Iverson: We want a decision on your future ... soon

Grizzlies owner Michael Heisley says Allen Iverson’s time is up.

Heisley told Iverson’s agent, Leon Rose, that his client must decide soon whether he’ll play or retire because the Grizzlies won’t deal with the uncertainty beyond this week.

Iverson, 34, has been away from the Grizzlies for the past 10 days on a personal leave of absence.

“I’ve treated this like Allen told me it was – a personal leave,” Heisley said. “But either he’s retiring or coming back to play. I’m not upset with Allen. We’ll be happy to accommodate Allen. If he retires, then he retires. If he wants to come back, we’ll gladly accept him back. But I have personally made it clear that there’s going to have to be a decision made. We’re expecting an answer in a couple of days.”

Heisley is disappointed that he hasn’t spoken to Iverson. He said if Iverson needs more time to deal with his personal matters, he needs to come to Memphis to request it. No one in the organization has talked to Iverson directly.

The Commercial Appeal’s attempt to reach Rose this morning was unsuccessful.

A person close to Iverson, speaking on condition of anonymity, said it is doubtful that the All-Star, former MVP and scoring champ will play again.

Iverson, who is in his 14th NBA season, has contemplated retirement since leaving the Griz. He would forfeit a one-year contract worth $3.1 million.

His discontentment with playing off the bench is a major factor in this situation.

Iverson appeared in three games, as a reserve each time, since returning from a hamstring injury. He averaged 12.3 points, 3.7 assists and 22.3 minutes, and rarely saw action near the end of games.

Iverson’s complaints ranged from not starting to what he perceived as limited playing time and a lack of communication with Griz coach Lionel Hollins.

Iverson acknowledged before leaving the Griz that he’d become a distraction.

Heisley said he’d be willing to waive Iverson or trade him in a reasonable deal if that’s the request.

Memphis can’t trade Iverson until Dec. 15.

The Griz filled an open roster spot Saturday when they signed veteran point guard Jamaal Tinsley to a one-year deal. General manager Chris Wallace insisted Tinley’s signing had nothing to do with Iverson.http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2009/nov/16/heisley-iverson-we-want-decision-your-future-soon/?partner=RSS

SenorSpur
11-16-2009, 02:06 PM
Actually, listening to Michael Wilbon, Iverson playing with Cleveland doesn't sound like a bad idea at all. Cleveland could use the perimeter scoring help.

Stop and think about that for a minute. Can you actually picture AI hogging the ball from LBJ and pounding the rock until the shot clock hit single-digits?Can you actually picture AI coming down in transition and taking an ill-advised, quick shot, without LBJ so much as touching the ball? Not going to happen.

Again, AI IS NOT a PG. He doesn't want to run an offense or get guys in the right spots. He only wants his touches, his shots, and his points. He a team chemistry cancer. They already have one there now in the Big Cactus. There is no way in hell this would work in CLE.

velik_m
11-16-2009, 03:55 PM
He should absolutely play in Europe. He will get a kick out of it. He will play 48 minutes a game, barring injury/foul trouble. The trapezoid will give him MORE freedom inside, and he will sell out any crowd there for years to come. He will probably get a nice pay-day too...

That would be quite a feat, considering regular time in Europe is only 40 minutes.

Pistons < Spurs
11-16-2009, 05:05 PM
InsideHoops

Memphis Grizzlies and Allen Iverson agree to part ways, reports the Memphis Commercial Appeal! Iverson will be waived, they report

Pistons < Spurs
11-16-2009, 05:08 PM
The Memphis Grizzlies experiment with disgruntled guard Allen Iverson will reportedly end.

According to Ronald Tillery of the Memphis Commercial Appeal, the two sides have agreed to part ways. The team will waive Iverson.

It has not been reported what the terms of the agreement are and how much money Iverson will come away with.

Iverson has been unhappy coming off the Grizzlies bench, behind young guards Mike Conley and O.J. Mayo. Though, he was still regaining health as the season began, and it’s possible he might have gained a starting spot in the near future. But even coming off the bench early on was simply more than he could take.

Iverson only played three games — all losses — for the Grizzlies this season, the last being against the Sacramento Kings on November 2.
http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=5036

Pistons < Spurs
11-16-2009, 05:27 PM
The Memphis Grizzlies today released the following statement from General Manager and Vice President of Basketball Operations Chris Wallace.

“The Grizzlies and Allen Iverson have come to a mutual agreement that because of personal matters that forced him to leave the team on November 7, Allen will step away from the game at this time, allowing him to focus on those matters.

“As a result, we will be ending our contractual agreement with Allen, which will allow both parties to move forward. We wish Allen the best.”http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=5036

bostonguy
11-16-2009, 05:34 PM
As long as Boston stays away from Iverson, I don't care where he goes. Last thing this team needs is another old player. Plus we have our chucker in Eddie House.

11-16-2009, 05:35 PM
this can't be good. iverson possibly going to a contender is a game changer. i would rather have him neutralized on the grizzlies. say what you want about him but he's still one of the best two guards of the past decade.

ginobili's bald spot
11-16-2009, 05:44 PM
Got damn, he's headed for Starbury territory.

I can't wait 'til he starts a cult on justinTV where he eats Vaseline and cries while listining to random R&B songs.

badfish22
11-16-2009, 05:47 PM
That would be quite a feat, considering regular time in Europe is only 40 minutes.

He will make every game go into overtime