PDA

View Full Version : Lebron says..

mfanatic
11-07-2009, 09:33 PM
It's not about the money, it's about winning. Exactly, word for word. So, now I ask myself this; if it's all about winning, why doesn't he take the MLE next summer and sign with someone like the Spurs, Lakers or Mavs? I know it'll never happen, because ITS ALL ABOUT THE MONEY, but this is so stupid, he shouldn't make dumb comments like that.
Imagine;
Tony
Manu
Jefferson
Lebron
Duncan

Or:
Lebron
Kobe
Artest
Pau
Bynum

Hell, even:
Nelson
Lebron
Carter
Howard
Gortat

pawe
11-07-2009, 09:38 PM
You actually think an athlete would say its about the money in front of the media?

benefactor
11-07-2009, 09:40 PM
Don't we have enough fail threads for one day?

Wildcat67
11-07-2009, 09:40 PM
While it is about winning. Why would someone pass up 70 million dollars when he could get the 70 mill and still win? He could go to a team that has enough room to sign him and another one of the prime FA this summer. Or he could go to a team that has a solid base but is short on superstars.

It doesn't have to be ALL about the Money or ALL about Winning. It can be a little from column A a little from column B.

HAITAO
11-07-2009, 09:41 PM
Anyone in the world like the money

DMX7
11-07-2009, 09:41 PM
He means its not about the extra few million in salary he might get in Cleveland as oppose to New York because endorsements would cover the difference and then some. He's not taking the MLE. He wants max but max for a restricted agent is more for CLE and NY.

mVp
11-07-2009, 09:50 PM
Who cares what Lebron says?

draft87
11-07-2009, 10:03 PM

ha

BanditHiro
11-07-2009, 11:27 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTHgWHkpLBE

NRHector
11-07-2009, 11:58 PM
it is about winning

winning more money

TDMVPDPOY
11-08-2009, 12:21 AM
money, money money so much money

dude this is lemon we are talkin about....

exstatic
11-08-2009, 01:09 AM
Athletes always say this, but never mean it.

Oh, and LeBron isn't going anywhere. It isn't a matter of a few million, it's many millions by the time you factor in how much the cap will drop next summer. If he leaves, he can only get a certain percentage of the 2010 cap as his salary, and that would be less than his current salary. If he stays, he can build off his current salary (computed under a high cap year) + raises + an extra year.

ElNono
11-08-2009, 01:12 AM
Where's Epic Fail when you need him?

dallaskd
11-08-2009, 01:12 AM
It's not about the money, it's about winning. Exactly, word for word. So, now I ask myself this; if it's all about winning, why doesn't he take the MLE next summer and sign with someone like the Spurs, Lakers or Mavs? I know it'll never happen, because ITS ALL ABOUT THE MONEY, but this is so stupid, he shouldn't make dumb comments like that.
Imagine;
Tony
Manu
Jefferson
Lebron
Duncan

Or:
Lebron
Kobe
Artest
Pau
Bynum

Hell, even:
Nelson
Lebron
Carter
Howard
Gortat

Lebron
Dirk
Marion
Kidd
Howard
Terry

:hat

TDMVPDPOY
11-08-2009, 01:29 AM
its obvious his bolting anyway even if t5he cavs win it all this season...

this guy has to make himself relevant when the media has nothing to write about, fuck this shit....

Stringer_Bell
11-08-2009, 01:40 AM
I think Lebron is immature as hell. He was the one that made a ruckus about "next summer" being so important because HE would be a free agent. I hope he never wins a championship, and if he ever gets back to the Finals its the Spurs that send him home without a ring.

Not about the money, huh? Come to the Spurs as a free agent and prove it! :hat

Blackjack
11-08-2009, 02:25 AM

Here, in 'hell', it's if at first you don't fail, try again.. :hat

benefactor
11-08-2009, 09:10 AM
Here, in 'hell', it's if at first you don't fail, try again.. :hat
Or if at first you fail, just keep on failing. :D

VivaPopovich
11-08-2009, 09:36 AM

He is modestly telling the truth. He makes so much money from endorsements he doesn't have to demand the max and will probably make less from his nba salary than the likes of Kobe/Carmelo/Dwight/Wade.

He loves to win, he loves to flex his arms and shout and showboat, but he loves the attention. That's what it's all about for him. He wants attention.

That's why he'll go to New York and never win a championship for the remainder of his NBA career.

SenorSpur
11-08-2009, 10:15 AM
Whenever an athlete or anyone claims "it's not about the money", you best believe the opposite is true. That statement is like the old "vote of confidence" for head coaches. It's the kiss of death and signals to everyone that a firing is emminent. It's ALWAYS about the money.

Which is WHY LBJ aint leaving. Cavs can pay him more $$$ than any other team.

I-Ball
11-08-2009, 11:21 AM
I thought I read somewhere that Dirk said he was going to retire after this season?

nope.
dirk only has been asked if he will opt out of the last year of his contract and join the free agent class of next year. he stated that he has no intentions to do so and only the mavs development will define his future actions (become a free agent or take an extension).
his primary goal is to win a championship (hopefully with dallas) and to fullfill his contract. he also stated that he might be able to play for another 3 or 4 years on this level of basketball.

in short:
dirk will only retire if he has lost the needed skill-level or the love for playing nba-basketball.
dallas is his prefered place to play and most likely the only franchise he will play for the rest of his career.

SenorSpur
11-08-2009, 11:31 AM
in short:
dirk will only retire if he has lost the needed skill-level or the love for playing nba-basketball.
dallas is his prefered place to play and most likely the only franchise he will play for the rest of his career.

I always seem to hear a lot of Dirk-hate on local Dallas Sportstalk. I would encourage Mavs fans to appreicate this guy while you've got him. There likely wont be another one for a while.

rayray2k8
11-08-2009, 01:24 PM
Don't start anymore threads... Fucking noobs man..