PDA

View Full Version : Welcome back JR Smith

NuGGeTs-FaN
11-07-2009, 09:41 PM
5-2, ill take it :toast I would have been happy if they went 4-3 without him.

Nuggets have lost kmart but get back JR smith. Time to keep teams honest again so they cant focus on Melo.

The last 2 losses are nothing but the result of horrific scheduling to start the season. 4 games in 5 nights only a week into the season? Thanks Stern :lmao

Anyway, Nuggets will win the rest of the road trip and then own KoMe and Co. on Friday :toast

balli
11-07-2009, 09:43 PM
http://faketalk.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/ept_sports_nba_experts-26741987-1243364000.jpg

That is all.

NuGGeTs-FaN
11-07-2009, 09:44 PM
do you laker trolls have nothing better to do than stalk other posters? get a life

KidCongo
11-07-2009, 09:44 PM
5-2, ill take it :toast I would have been happy if they went 4-3 without him.

Nuggets have lost kmart but get back JR smith. Time to keep teams honest again so they cant focus on Melo.

The last 2 losses are nothing but the result of horrific scheduling to start the season. 4 games in 5 nights only a week into the season? Thanks Stern :lmao

Anyway, Nuggets will win the rest of the road trip and then own KoMe and Co. on Friday :toast

Cavs got that the first week. Went 2-2 like you guys, they get a good rest after it but.

Findog
11-07-2009, 09:45 PM
Was JR Smith hurt or something? How come he missed the first 7 games of the season?

Findog
11-07-2009, 09:45 PM
Oh yeah, I forgot, he murdered his friend.

Trainwreck2100
11-07-2009, 09:46 PM
Was JR Smith hurt or something? How come he missed the first 7 games of the season?

he was just bein hisself "straight thuggin and buggin"

Trainwreck2100
11-07-2009, 09:47 PM
Oh yeah, I forgot, he murdered his friend.

he was thuggin and buggin

Culburn369
11-07-2009, 09:47 PM
Its like a poor man not complaining about only having 20 bucks.

:rollin:rollin:rollin

NuGGeTs-FaN
11-07-2009, 09:48 PM
Cavs got that the first week. Went 2-2 like you guys, they get a good rest after it but.

yeh the crazy thing is that the Nuggets have another b2b on the road starting Tuesday :depressed

iggypop123
11-07-2009, 09:50 PM
he was just doing hodrat stuff with his friends

Trainwreck2100
11-07-2009, 09:54 PM
he was thuggin and buggin

he was thuggin and buggin.

fify

Findog
11-07-2009, 09:54 PM
He slaughtered a muthafucca, that's why.

Yeah, I know:

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3815357&postcount=7

So, to sum up:

- Ice your best friend, seven-game suspension

- Take some banned supplements that you bought at GNC, ten-game suspension.

Ya gotta love David Stern.

Xylus
11-07-2009, 10:02 PM
http://faketalk.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/ept_sports_nba_experts-26741987-1243364000.jpg

That is all.

I don't care if you're a JR Smith fan or not, that is fucking awesome.

©Retarded Velociraptor

NuGGeTs-FaN
11-07-2009, 10:09 PM
Yeah, I know:

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3815357&postcount=7

So, to sum up:

- Ice your best friend, seven-game suspension

- Take some banned supplements that you bought at GNC, ten-game suspension.

Ya gotta love David Stern.

Don't 4get

- Rape a white girl, no charges and no suspension.

Ya gotta love David Stern and the Laker love :married:

Trainwreck2100
11-07-2009, 10:10 PM
Don't 4get

the case you are referring to was settled out of court for an undisclosed amount of money nothing to see here

NuGGeTs-FaN
11-07-2009, 10:13 PM
the case you are referring to was settled out of court for an undisclosed amount of money nothing to see here

settlement = admission of guilt

So he admitted it, but Stern is happy to have his employees raping women, just as long as they settle it out of court? gotcha

An Unbiased Fan
11-07-2009, 10:20 PM
Don't 4get

- Rape the Nuggets in the playoffs, no charges and no suspension.

:lobt2:

Trainwreck2100
11-07-2009, 10:23 PM
settlement = admission of guilt

So he admitted it, but Stern is happy to have his employees raping women, just as long as they settle it out of court? gotcha

he didn't have a choice but to settle the tapes that were excluded in the criminal trial may have been used in the civil trial and that shit would have been public record. Now in the eyes of the law he was innocent so david stern couldn't do shit

redzero
11-07-2009, 10:27 PM
Don't 4get

Except that it wasn't rape. Kobe committed adultery like other NBA players do. J.R. Smith killed his friend, and you're sticking up for him.

NuGGeTs-FaN
11-07-2009, 10:31 PM
Except that it wasn't rape. Kobe committed adultery like other NBA players do. J.R. Smith killed his friend, and you're sticking up for him.

Sorry i 4got he is kobe and his word is always superior to a woman who claimed she was raped. he got away with it, but it doesnt mean he didnt do it.

where am i sticking up for JR?

I am just saying that Kobe is a crim as well, but noone says anything coz he is untouchable.

ginobili's bald spot
11-07-2009, 10:31 PM
Don't 4get

There is no proof that Kobe raped anybody. On the other hand we know that JR's friend is dead.

Danny.Zhu
11-07-2009, 10:34 PM
I hate tattoos. They are disgusting.

redzero
11-07-2009, 10:36 PM
Sorry i 4got he is kobe and his word is always superior to a woman who claimed she was raped. he got away with it, but it doesnt mean he didnt do it.

I am just saying that Kobe is a crim as well, but noone says anything coz he is untouchable.

criminal [ˈkrɪmɪnəl]
n 1. (Law) a person charged with and convicted of crime

Kobe wasn't convicted of rape.

NuGGeTs-FaN
11-07-2009, 10:38 PM
I hate tattoos. They are disgusting.

now this i can agree with :lol

I hate how many players have a heap of them. A mate of mine in Africa is covered in them but he is so black that you can barely see them, so i asked him what the point was? :lol

I know they are starting to use a white ink now, i think that will be pretty crazy if NBA players start getting alot of them :wow

NuGGeTs-FaN
11-07-2009, 10:41 PM
criminal [ˈkrɪmɪnəl]

He did it, he knows it. No point in arguing with me. I'll never believe he didnt do it. I don't bow to superstars like most people. They should be held to a higher standard than ordinary people.

JR should have gotten more time if you ask me.

mogrovejo
11-07-2009, 10:42 PM
I like he's back. Funny player to watch.

NuGGeTs-FaN
11-07-2009, 10:48 PM
he may not start yet, but he will get good starting minutes. He should give you his usual 3pt barrages, but hopefully some other scoring and boards as well

carrao45
11-07-2009, 11:00 PM

What's some legitimate proof the Kobe raped her?

badfish22
11-07-2009, 11:09 PM
lol Nuggets
killed by ATL

NuGGeTs-FaN
11-07-2009, 11:11 PM
lol nuggets
killed by atl

4-1

Lars
11-07-2009, 11:33 PM
The retarded veliciraptor is AMAZING.

dirk4mvp
11-07-2009, 11:34 PM
4-1

Did that help the Nuggets in getting owned by the Hawks?

badfish22
11-08-2009, 12:01 AM
God I wish we played the Nugs earlier than we do.
Cant wait for that match-up

RuffnReadyOzStyle
11-08-2009, 12:16 AM
You trolling fuckers are way off base here. JR was driving when his friend, who was sitting in the backseat of his vehicle without a seat belt on, was killed in an accident for which JR was found negligent. That is NOT murder, or even manslaughter - you are all making it sound like he pulled out a gun and capped him! The sad part is that he probably would've walked away from it if he had worn a seatbelt. JR wasn't wearing one either, and it's a miracle that he wasn't maimed or killed.

JR made a mistake that he and his friend's family will pay for in grief for the rest of their lives, but he didn't murder anyone. :nope

RuffnReadyOzStyle
11-08-2009, 12:17 AM
criminal [ˈkrɪmɪnəl]

And JR wasn't convicted of murder, or even manslaughter, smartarse.

cobbler
11-08-2009, 12:28 AM

You have got to be kidding me. Nobody says anything? You would be hard pressed to find a thread talking about Kobe and basketball where someone doesn't pull out the rape card.

And a settlement in no way equals guilt. That is simply moronic.

redzero
11-08-2009, 03:51 AM
And JR wasn't convicted of murder, or even manslaughter, smartarse.

And? The fact of the matter is that we know that JR caused the death of his friend. That has nothing to do with conviction at all.

A criminal is convicted of a crime. A killer is someone who kills somebody else. Smith is a killer.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
11-08-2009, 07:31 AM
And? The fact of the matter is that we know that JR caused the death of his friend. That has nothing to do with conviction at all.

A criminal is convicted of a crime. A killer is someone who kills somebody else. Smith is a killer.

You're an obtuse fucker, aren't you. :rolleyes

Smith did NOT kill his friend - Andre Bell was killed in an automobile accident while Smith was driving. Smith was negligent in the accident, and he will live with that for the rest of his life, but he did not kill Bell, the accident killed Bell.

As I pointed out, Bell was flung from the vehicle because he was not wearing a seatbelt - had he been, he may not have died. A measure of the negligence responsible for his own death sadly lies at his own feet. To be a killer there must be intent, and JR certainly did not intend to kill Andre Bell. By your logic, every death by automobile accident due to negligence involves a "killer", and that is certainly not the case.

Culburn369
11-08-2009, 07:38 AM

Smith did NOT kill his friend - his friend was killed in an automobile accident while Smith was driving. Smith was negligent, and he will live with that for the rest of his life, but he did not kill his friend, the accident killed his friend.

Smith was negligent. Ispo facto, Smith is a killer.

& I'm confident Smith gives the poor stiff little more than a passing fancy once in a blue moon.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
11-08-2009, 07:42 AM
Read the post again, I was editing it.

As for your snide remark, he grew up with Andre Bell and he's a human being, so yeah, fuck your comment. Smith may be a hothead, but he's also a human being who lost one of his best friends in a tragedy.

Culburn369
11-08-2009, 07:47 AM

As for your snide remark, he grew up with Andre Bell and he's a human being, so yeah, fuck your comment. Smith may be a hothead, but he's also a human being who lost one of his best friends in a tragedy.

I think Smith is a reckless asshole and his NBA career away from state prison, but, he found a way thru that career to extinguish a life nonetheless. With Smith, it was inevitable.

redzero
11-08-2009, 07:50 AM

Smith did NOT kill his friend - Andre Bell was killed in an automobile accident while Smith was driving. Smith was negligent in the accident, and he will live with that for the rest of his life, but he did not kill Bell, the accident killed Bell.

As I pointed out, Bell was flung from the vehicle because he was not wearing a seatbelt - had he been, he may not have died. A measure of the negligence responsible for his own death sadly lies at his own feet. To be a killer there must be intent, and JR certainly did not intend to kill Andre Bell. By your logic, every death by automobile accident due to negligence involves a "killer", and that is certainly not the case.

It wasn't an accident. It wasn't an unforeseen circumstance. Who gives a fuck if Bell wasn't wearing a seatbelt? Smith was driving 30 miles over the speed limit, and he was completely disregarding stop signs. His license was suspended several times before the incident.

J.R. Smith is an asshole and a friend killer.

redzero
11-08-2009, 07:51 AM

Yeah, Smith lost a friend in the "accident"--never mind he was the one who killed. We should all feel sorry for him.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
11-08-2009, 10:24 PM
It wasn't an accident. It wasn't an unforeseen circumstance. Who gives a fuck if Bell wasn't wearing a seatbelt? Smith was driving 30 miles over the speed limit, and he was completely disregarding stop signs. His license was suspended several times before the incident.

J.R. Smith is an asshole and a friend killer.

I stated multiple times that Smith was negligent, and horribly so. That is undisputed. I agree that he's an arsehole. But that does not make him a killer. I'll spell it out for you again: if Bell was wearing a seatbelt he probably would not have died, so how can JR be his killer? A killer is someone who willfully takes someone else's life. Smith didn't take his friend's life willfully, nor was he the only factor in Bell's death - the lack of a seatbelt was a major contributor. Another passenger in Smith's car who was buckled up walked away with minor injuries, as did the driver of the other vehicle.

Anyway, I'm no great fan of Smith, but I think it's unfair to label him a murderer when that is far from the case.

The moral of the story is twofold - always buckle up (that would seem obvious to anyone with a brain, but I know many Americans see seatbelt laws as a violation of their civil rights :rolleyes ), and if you have a friend who drives like shit don't get in the car with them at the wheel.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
11-08-2009, 10:26 PM
Yeah, Smith lost a friend in the "accident"--never mind he was the one who killed. We should all feel sorry for him.

Who said we should feel sorry for Smith? Not me. We should use him as an object lesson in how NOT to live. I just suggested that he will probably think about what happened that day for the rest of his life because he's human, in response to Culburn's nasty comment.

Culburn369
11-08-2009, 10:45 PM
Sure, Ruff, it was nasty, but, it's the truth.

redzero
11-08-2009, 11:32 PM

Smith did NOT kill his friend - Andre Bell was killed in an automobile accident while Smith was driving.

Smith caused the collision that resulted in the death of his friend. He killed Bell.

Smith was negligent in the accident,

Understatement of the century.

and he will live with that for the rest of his life, but he did not kill Bell, the accident killed Bell.

Nope, he killed Bell.

As I pointed out, Bell was flung from the vehicle because he was not wearing a seatbelt - had he been, he may not have died.

And if Smith wasn't driving 30 miles over the speed limit, there wouldn't have been a crash in the first place.

A measure of the negligence responsible for his own death sadly lies at his own feet.

Still doesn't absolve Smith, who killed him.

To be a killer there must be intent, and JR certainly did not intend to kill Andre Bell.

killer [ˈkɪlə]
n 1. a. a person or animal that kills, esp habitually

Noun1.killer - someone who causes the death of a person or animal

By your logic, every death by automobile accident due to negligence involves a "killer", and that is certainly not the case.

Accidents imply that there is no one to blame. Smith drived 30 miles over the speed limit. Smith disregarded all stop signs. Smith killed Bell. Period.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
11-09-2009, 12:37 AM
Sure, Ruff, it was nasty, but, it's the truth.

What, you know JR? You know he's a sociopath (ie feels nothing)? Because otherwise, I bet he thinks about Bell every day. Just because you make it in the big time doesn't mean you forget who you grew up with, especially if they died in a car accident you caused.

zero - the world is obviously black and white to you, to me it's an infinite number of shades of grey. We've each made our cases, there's no more to be said.

redzero
11-09-2009, 12:39 AM
What, you know JR? You know he's a sociopath (ie feels nothing)? Because otherwise, I bet he thinks about Bell every day. Just because you make it in the big time doesn't mean you forget who you grew up with, especially if they died in a car accident you caused.

Yeah, he surely did change after the crash. Oh, wait--he still talked shit after every shot and threw up gang signs. Smith won't ever change.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
11-09-2009, 12:42 AM
Yeah, he surely did change after the crash. Oh, wait--he still talked shit after every shot and threw up gang signs. Smith won't ever change.

So because you talk shit and throw up gang signs you don't feel anything? Long reach there, skipper.

Don't put words in my mouth. I never suggested he changed as a person - few people's personalities change much after their early 20s. I suggested that he is human, and as long as he is not incapable of feelings he would feel Bell's death for the rest of his life.

redzero
11-09-2009, 12:43 AM
So because you talk shit and throw up gang signs you don't feel anything? Long reach there, skipper.

Don't put words in my mouth. I never suggested he changed as a person - few people's personalities change much after their early 20s. I suggested that he is human, and as long as he is not incapable of feelings he would feel Bell's death for the rest of his life.

Which doesn't mean anything for anybody else, if nothing comes of it.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
11-09-2009, 12:45 AM
Which doesn't mean anything for anybody else, if nothing comes of it.

Who said it did? All of my comments on that were in reference to Culburn's snide comment that he probably killed his friend then thought no more about it, which I think is utter horseshit.

i bet he's changed the way he drives though, if he drives at all.

redzero
11-09-2009, 12:50 AM
Under normal circumstances I'd agree with Ruff, but JR is a disobedient knuckle-head that should have his license revoked for life. How do you get it suspended five times in 8 months. He's reckless and don't even realize it. Saying that "if his friend had worn a seat belt" is letting JR off the hook for habitual wreckless driving. If JR had not been a idiot, his friend would still believe alive.

My sentiments exactly. Smith just doesn't get it.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
11-09-2009, 01:03 AM
Under normal circumstances I'd agree with Ruff, but JR is a disobedient knuckle-head that should have his license revoked for life. How do you get it suspended five times in 8 months. He's reckless and don't even realize it. Saying that "if his friend had worn a seat belt" is letting JR off the hook for habitual wreckless driving. If JR had not been a idiot, his friend would still believe alive.

Did you read the whole thread? I don't disagree with anything you've said, and I certainly don't "let him off the hook" for anything, as I've repeatedly stated. I just don't think he can be called a "killer" or "murderer", and I think it's absurd to suggest that he'll never think about what he did in contributing to the death of a childhood friend (unless he is actually incapable of feeling).

And I agree, in a case like this the minimum license suspension should be 10 years, and life should be an option.

duncan228
11-10-2009, 08:09 PM
Nuggets’ Smith returns from suspension (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ap-nuggets-smithnamechange&prov=ap&type=lgns)

Suspended for the season’s first seven games, Denver Nuggets guard J.R. Smith returned Tuesday with a new outlook and a different name.

He wants to go by his given name, Earl Smith III.

Smith says there are “a lot of personal reasons” that “I can’t really explain at this time” for the switch. He went with J.R. because he was often called “Junior,” but now he’s going back to his given name as part of an effort to fix an image that’s taken some hits over the years because of a poor driving record that resulted in the suspension.

Smith was expected to come off the bench against the Chicago Bulls in his first appearance after a tumultuous offseason.

Denver’s Kenyon Martin returned after missing a game with a bruised left fibula.

duncan228
11-11-2009, 12:24 AM
Smith Knows His Basketball Identity: He's An Important Part Of Nuggets' Team (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=tsn-smithknowshisbasketb&prov=tsn&type=lgns)
SportingNews

He began the day as J.R. Smith, wayward basketball player who had just finished a seven-game league suspension. He then decided to revert to his original name, Earl Smith III, as a way of giving himself a fresh start. But after a slew of e-mails, texts and calls, Earl Smith III became J.R. Smith again. "I ain't going to switch," Smith said. "It's back to J.R."

Amid the changing nomenclature, Smith actually went out and played his first game of the season for the Nuggets, a thrilling 90-89 win over the Bulls here at the United Center. It wasnt exactly a sterling performance for Smith, who shot 1-for-9 and watched his man, Brad Miller, sink what originally was a game-winning jumper for Chicago, but which was later wiped out on review.

But for Nuggets coach George Karl, Smith's debut was a beauty. "I thought J.R. had a pretty damned good game for being 1-for-9," Karl said. "Offensively, with his athleticism, his penetration, that is how our offense works best."

Smith's absence was, in fact, an overlooked aspect of Denver's 5-2 start. Last spring, after the Nuggets wrapped up their appearance in the West finals, Smith was sentenced to 30 days in Monmouth (N.J.) County Jail after pleading guilty to a reckless driving charge from 2007, when he ran a stop sign and his SUV collided with another car. His longtime friend, Andre Bell, was injured in the accident and later died. During his sentencing, Smith said he had expressed remorse to Bell's mother, telling the court, "I told her I wish the shoe was on the other foot."

He wound up serving 24 days, then was suspended by the league, a little professional salt rubbed into a very personal wound. "It was hard," Smith said. "But I learned a lot. I have had to grow up a lot through all of this."

Indeed, he has. Smith was once run out of New Orleans and dumped from Chicago for nothing, despite his obvious talent. He seemed to get himself together last season, becoming a reliable sixth man for the Nuggets. His jail sentence behind him, that's what he wants to focus on now: just playing his role for one of the better teams in the league.

"Playing tonight, it felt great," Smith said. "My shots were not falling. But that's OK. I will just have to go back to the lab."

The lab is not such a bad place. Smith would know.

Culburn369
11-11-2009, 03:52 AM
"His longtime friend, Andre Bell, was injured in the accident and later died."

Can't beat that for parsin' words, eh?

tee, hee.

TJastal
11-11-2009, 05:42 AM
Indeed if Smith was suspended by the league for an accident, Bryant should have been given even some punishent too.

But we all know Stern won't do a damn thing to the lakers and especially their coddled poster boy.

Culburn369
11-11-2009, 07:29 AM
Indeed if Smith was suspended by the league for an accident, Bryant should have been given even some punishent too.

But we all know Stern won't do a damn thing to the lakers and especially their coddled poster boy.

For what? She took the cock snot & the money.