PDA

View Full Version : 06-07 Season - Was there a meltdown?

td_tp_manu
11-08-2009, 10:12 AM
I'm just curious. When the Spurs suck in the early part of 06-07 season, how was this forum like?

Spurs were then losing to everyone, the Warriors (Biedrin's blocks on TD..), the Magics (DH's dunk on TD), and of course the rival mavs (twice). I was utterly pessimistic when Pop said: no trade, everyone stays.

That team went on to have a beautiful 2nd half, and a championship. I am amazed by that turnaround even today.

I did not join this forum back then, so have been wondering how it was like here. In our Chinese forums everyone was talking about "tooooooooold", "no athletic wings like Corey Maggette" and losing faith.

I'm not comparing that with the recent meltdown here. I understand our interior defense is probably gone forever; TD and Manu are 3 years older. Just the recent meltdown reminds me of what happened 3 years ago.

:flag:

pjjrfan
11-08-2009, 10:24 AM
there's a meltdown everytime the Spurs lose 2 or more in a row. that's just the way it is with Spurs fans. come playoffs it's any loss.

Kool Bob Love
11-08-2009, 10:48 AM
:bang:bang:bang:bang

Yes there was....

exstatic
11-08-2009, 10:49 AM
there's a meltdown everytime the Spurs lose 1 or more in a row. that's just the way it is with Spurs fans.

FIFY

The lack of fandom here is sometimes sickening, sometimes hilarious. These children feel entitled to a win each and every game, and all their little insecurities come out when they don't get it. Never mind that in the Duncan era, for a full season, the team averages 26 losses, and that this is just one of them.

Fabbs
11-08-2009, 10:51 AM
I'd like to likewise see the "all is well, Pop is in control" posts such as after the Spurs opened the playoffs with a loss to Dallas and then won to even it at 1-1 last year.

KenGee21
11-08-2009, 10:52 AM
You are absolutely right about that year, even though I wasn't apart of this forum, I kind of had a pessimistic view on the season as well.

The funny thing is that I remember reading articles back then about Spurs players complaining about having to play with the new synthetic balls the NBA were using at the time, not saying it was a reason for the early season struggles, but I think the Spurs had their great second half run after Stern brought back the old balls.

silverblackfan
11-08-2009, 11:05 AM
You are absolutely right about that year, even though I wasn't apart of this forum, I kind of had a pessimistic view on the season as well.

The funny thing is that I remember reading articles back then about Spurs players complaining about having to play with the new synthetic balls the NBA were using at the time, not saying it was a reason for the early season struggles, but I think the Spurs had their great second half run after Stern brought back the old balls.

Ha! I remember that. Bruce's corner 3's suddenly started climbing after having an awful 1st half.

Mel_13
11-08-2009, 11:08 AM
Ha! I remember that. Bruce's corner 3's suddenly started climbing after having an awful 1st half.

The exact opposite happened.

jdev82
11-08-2009, 11:13 AM
I'd like to likewise see the "all is well, Pop is in control" posts such as after the Spurs opened the playoffs with a loss to Dallas and then won to even it at 1-1 last year.

fabbs is a troll.

Fabbs
11-08-2009, 11:25 AM
fabbs is a troll.
awwwww. Don't you like fairness?

EmptyMan
11-08-2009, 11:35 AM
The league is 100000000000000x stronger now than in 07.

Mel_13
11-08-2009, 11:37 AM
This season requires much larger font sizes.

spurs1990
11-08-2009, 01:44 PM
They started out 10-2 that year

Mel_13
11-08-2009, 01:47 PM
They started out 10-2 that year

And then they lost 3 out 4 and the meltdown ensued.

duncan228
11-08-2009, 01:49 PM

:lol

Chomag
11-08-2009, 02:00 PM
FIFY

The lack of fandom here is sometimes sickening, sometimes hilarious. These children feel entitled to a win each and every game, and all their little insecurities come out when they don't get it. Never mind that in the Duncan era, for a full season, the team averages 26 losses, and that this is just one of them.

We are not allowed to say anything, or be frustrated about anything or share opinions of any kind. Unless the meet your approval and you agree to them and they are nothing but happy thoughts of delusion of course. Got it!

Tell me why we have discussion Forums again? Because as I see it, if it was your way we wouldn't have anything to talk about.

I'm not a Spurs fan because I have free thinking. Got it! Glad you are around to clear that all up for us. :toast

exstatic
11-08-2009, 02:06 PM
We are not allowed to say anything, or be frustrated about anything or share opinions of any kind. Unless the meet your approval and you agree to them and they are nothing but happy thoughts of delusion of course. Got it!

Tell me why we have discussion Forums again? Because as I see it, if it was your way we wouldn't have anything to talk about.

I'm not a Spurs fan because I have free thinking. Got it! Glad you are around to clear that all up for us. :toast

Actually, you're free to do whatever. I don't own this board. I just don't understand how anyone can see most of what is posted here after a loss as "discussion". People want to gut the roster, trade whoever, fire Pop (yet again) AFTER 5 GAMES. That's not discussion, it's juvenile panic/meltdown.

Chomag
11-08-2009, 02:18 PM
Actually, you're free to do whatever. I don't own this board. I just don't understand how anyone can see most of what is posted here after a loss as "discussion". People want to gut the roster, trade whoever, fire Pop (yet again) AFTER 5 GAMES. That's not discussion, it's juvenile panic/meltdown.

Well thank God we are not all in control then lol. Look, it's just venting, people shouldn't take venting so serious.

I admit alot of things are said out of frustration especially things in the game blog are said from the "heat of the moment" that you would not normally say. I know for one when I'm at a buds house hanging out with friends and watching a game we all say some strange things that we normally wouldn't say, but if we didn't it would be kind of a dull night right?

Now I do agree some take it to far, but who cares! They only make themselves look ridiculously stupid and they do have the right to look stupid. I don't mind though, it gives me something to laugh at.

Cry Havoc
11-08-2009, 02:26 PM
Well thank God we are not all in control then lol. Look, it's just venting, people shouldn't take venting so serious.

I admit alot of things are said out of frustration especially things in the game blog are said from the "heat of the moment" that you would not normally say. I know for one when I'm at a buds house hanging out with friends and watching a game we all say some strange things that we normally wouldn't say, but if we didn't it would be kind of a dull night right?

Now I do agree some take it to far, but who cares! They only make themselves look ridiculously stupid and they do have the right to look stupid. I don't mind though, it gives me something to laugh at.

I think it's the complete lack of faith Spurs fans on this site have in their team that's the most annoying aggravating.

WE ALWAYS START SLOW. This is not a new thing.

exstatic
11-08-2009, 02:39 PM

We've found common ground then.:toast

I just don't get how people see venting as something admirable or laudable. A two year old can vent, and they frequently do. What they can't do is put together an argument for their position with cogent points and reasoning. I think that's what's missing from "the opposition".

I also think that if you're THAT unhappy with the way the team does things, you probably need to find a new team, as you're just going to be constantly angry and frustrated by Pop doing Pop type things. He's not likely to start reading and heeding ST posters.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
11-08-2009, 08:37 PM
FIFY

:tu

I love it when a man talks sense. :)

Riverwalkman
11-08-2009, 08:45 PM
We've found common ground then.:toast

I just don't get how people see venting as something admirable or laudable. A two year old can vent, and they frequently do. What they can't do is put together an argument for their position with cogent points and reasoning. I think that's what's missing from "the opposition".

I also think that if you're THAT unhappy with the way the team does things, you probably need to find a new team, as you're just going to be constantly angry and frustrated by Pop doing Pop type things. He's not likely to start reading and heeding ST posters.
I totally agree, I‘m not against venting after a loss, but I don't like to see forum congested with such a "meltdown".

I think you can submit your complaint/anger in the game blog, or smash your computer to release your pain, but forum is somewhat a public/community, you should be sensitive. Reading a "suck"/"trade" topic thread again and again is really a waste of my time.

sabar
11-08-2009, 08:45 PM

Problem is that 99% of the opposition is non-nonsensical rambling about firing Pop instead of actual discussion. There is a reason that people laugh at Fabbs and praise timvp. There is a large difference in how they state things. Ranting/Venting should stay in the game blog. The place looks like the NBA forum during a melt down - and that's a bad thing.

Anyways, there's a meltdown after every loss, regardless of circumstance.

Spursmania
11-08-2009, 10:32 PM

:lol