PDA

View Full Version : Vince Carter trade

Gutter92
11-08-2009, 02:22 PM
What were the Nets looking for again? Hill and Mason? Can't remember the exact details of the trade...and looking back, if it was in fact Hill and Mason, would you do it now?

exstatic
11-08-2009, 02:30 PM
Hill
Mason
Oberto
Bruce

If you trade Hill, you're stuck with the 50 YO Jacques Vaughn as our backup, yet again, and our starter for the next week. Also, Carter's contract is larger and longer by 1 year at $18M than RJ's. He's 3 years older, to boot. You really don't want a 35 YO V.C. on your roster making $18M in 2011-2012, and I GUARANTEEE you he picks up that player option year.

I'll admit bias, though. I've always seen Carter as one of those players who puts up eye-popping numbers on bad teams, but isn't leader enough or good enough to make them win. I also didn't like that shit he pulled on TOR.

Chomag
11-08-2009, 02:32 PM
To concered about this season to be worried about the past.

Spursfan 87
11-08-2009, 02:34 PM
The magic are playing better without him

itzsoweezee
11-08-2009, 02:37 PM
no, i'd rather than jefferson than carter

HarlemHeat37
11-08-2009, 04:16 PM
The magic are playing better without him

No, they aren't..

angelbelow
11-08-2009, 04:17 PM
Hill
Mason
Oberto
Bruce

If you trade Hill, you're stuck with the 50 YO Jacques Vaughn as our backup, yet again, and our starter for the next week. Also, Carter's contract is larger and longer by 1 year at $18M than RJ's. He's 3 years older, to boot. You really don't want a 35 YO V.C. on your roster making $18M in 2011-2012, and I GUARANTEEE you he picks up that player option year.

I'll admit bias, though. I've always seen Carter as one of those players who puts up eye-popping numbers on bad teams, but isn't leader enough or good enough to make them win. I also didn't like that shit he pulled on TOR.

Agree with this. But i am no biased, I love carter, it just isnt a better deal then the jefferson one.

HarlemHeat37
11-08-2009, 04:37 PM
I'm fine with the RJ trade..Vince is easily better, but I wouldn't want to give up Hill..

exstatic
11-08-2009, 04:56 PM
Agree with this. But i am no biased, I love carter, it just isnt a better deal then the jefferson one.

I think it's a wash, honestly. Carter has more positives, but he also has more negatives, lack of leadership, shit attitude, diffident defense, higher trade player cost, plus his age and that one extra huge contract year at the age of 35.

CubanSucks
11-08-2009, 05:00 PM
I wouldn't want vince carter on the Spurs for free. I mean that

HarlemHeat37
11-08-2009, 05:03 PM
Carter wouldn't be here for his leadership, and his defense is the same at this point IMO..Hill, age, and contract would be the reasons, as you pointed out..Vince is better at Jefferson in almost every aspect of basketball, and the misconceptions are mostly stemmed from the biased Toronto media..

exstatic
11-08-2009, 05:09 PM
Carter wouldn't be here for his leadership, and his defense is the same at this point IMO..Hill, age, and contract would be the reasons, as you pointed out..Vince is better at Jefferson in almost every aspect of basketball, and the misconceptions are mostly stemmed from the biased Toronto media..

Everyone on the Spurs needs a degree of leadership, since it, and followership are just two sides of the same coin: team above self. That's what VC lacks.

I'm not happy with RJ's defense yet, but that's how he cut his teeth in this league, and if Pop keeps on him, it could easily go back to where it was his first few years in the league. If that happens, it will be as far above VC's as VC's offense is above RJ's.

Spursfan 87
11-08-2009, 05:20 PM
No, they aren't..

3-0 without
2-1 with

HarlemHeat37
11-08-2009, 05:21 PM
the 1 loss "with" was without him for most of the 2nd half where he re-aggravated his injury, including the last few minutes of clutch time where neither team could score, which Carter would have significantly affected..