PDA

View Full Version : McDonald: Parker ruled out vs. Raps

Spurs Brazil
11-08-2009, 05:14 PM
http://blogs.mysanantonio.com/weblogs/courtside/2009/11/parker-ruled-ou.html

Parker ruled out vs. Raps
By Jeff McDonald on Nov 8,
Spurs point guard Tony Parker is not expected to play in Monday night's home game against Toronto while nursing a sprained left ankle.

The injury is considered mild, with Parker's potential return to be measured in days and not weeks. The three-time All-Star was not expected to participate in Sunday's practice.

George Hill, a second-year guard, will draw the start in Parker's place.

"Any time the opportunity is there, you're going to try to make the best of the opportunity," Hill said.

EDIT: The Spurs will officially list Parker as doubtful on the injury report. He did not practice tonight, but could play again as early as Wednesday against Dallas.

completely deck
11-08-2009, 05:16 PM
Expected. Shouldn't be too bad of a game.

manu_maniac
11-08-2009, 05:26 PM
I hope Parker being out will allow for Hairston to actually suit up. I really want to see a line-up of Ginobili, Bogans, Hairston, Blair, & Duncan out there tomorrow. But knowing Pop, it probably won't happen.

exstatic
11-08-2009, 05:28 PM
I think they'll hold him out of the next 3 games. That will mean a return against Dallas on 11/18, and 11 total days of recovery time.

JustinJDW
11-08-2009, 09:38 PM
Alright Richard Jefferson, time for you to beast out. :toast

Spursmania
11-08-2009, 10:30 PM
I hope he's healthy enough to play against the Mavs. If not, he should just get some rest. It's too early in the season to worry about playing anyone when they are not healthy.

raspsa
11-08-2009, 10:44 PM
Out at least 3 games. If Spurs win more games, expect parker to sit out even longer. Pop won't be rushed.