PDA

View Full Version : Utah @ TCU

Girasuck
11-08-2009, 07:35 PM
Biggest game in the history of the Mountain West and most the country won't know where to watch it. What a stupid TV deal the Mountain West has. This game needs to be on primetime ABC, instead it's stuck on CBS College Sports. Great job Craig Thompson.

Anyway...GO UTES!!

j-6
11-08-2009, 08:07 PM
Biggest game in the history of the Mountain West and most the country won't know where to watch it. What a stupid TV deal the Mountain West has. This game needs to be on primetime ABC, instead it's stuck on CBS College Sports. Great job Craig Thompson.

Anyway...GO UTES!!

Sucks that most can't watch it. I live in Fort Worth so I'm a bit of a TCU fan, and they are fucking good. I think that D may rough up that frosh QB that lit up the Lobos and y'all are playing in Amon Carter. Then again, the Utes played Oregon tough in Eugene and this is somewhat of a rivalry game now. I may go to the game - waiting to see if my TCU friends have spare tickets for me and my old lady.

Sorry bro, I think the Frogs win by 10 or so. 10-2 with an assraping of BYU ain't a bad season, though.

vander
11-08-2009, 10:49 PM
I thought Utah-Alabama was the biggest game in the history of the MWC.

vander
11-08-2009, 10:55 PM
my emotions say: Beat TCU so BSU can get the auto, but BSU isn't close to the team TCU is. and I'll enjoy watching a non BCS team beat a BCS team for the 3rd time in 4 tries, LOL Hawaii

CubanSucks
11-09-2009, 12:06 AM
:flag: I'm going to the game! :flag:

Can't fucking wait. Every time I go to a TCU game it's one of those boring understood to be a win type games. This is gonna be intense.

Amarelooms
11-09-2009, 12:11 AM
I hope TCU loses...normally I pull for all schools in Texas but da horns don't need TCU catching em in the BSC bullshit rankings :elephant

bugoy
11-09-2009, 12:46 AM
a tcu/texas bowl would be fun to watch

symple19
11-09-2009, 01:35 AM
I guess I hope TCU wins just because I want to see the BCS fucked over

Girasuck
11-09-2009, 12:30 PM
I thought Utah-Alabama was the biggest game in the history of the MWC.

It would've been if Alabama was in the MWC. As far as two teams in the MWC playing each other, this is probably the biggest game the conference has ever seen. Maybe last years TCU/Utah game was bigger but not by much.

CubanSucks
11-09-2009, 06:03 PM
I hope TCU loses...normally I pull for all schools in Texas but da horns don't need TCU catching em in the BSC bullshit rankings :elephant

That won't happen. Keep rooting for the Texas teams

Girasuck
11-11-2009, 01:37 PM
I'm kinda shocked College Gameday chose this game to be at over the Iowa/Ohio State game.

CubanSucks
11-12-2009, 01:23 AM
I'm kinda shocked College Gameday chose this game to be at over the Iowa/Ohio State game.

Maybe cause Iowa is a complete fucking gimmick who finally got exposed for the shit they are, and Ohio St is....Ohio St

bugoy
11-12-2009, 07:27 PM
im going to vegas this weekend, im debating if i want to bet this game...the lines 20...

symple19
11-12-2009, 07:57 PM
Maybe cause Iowa is a complete fucking gimmick who finally got exposed for the shit they are, and Ohio St is....Ohio St

:tu

CagedMonky
11-13-2009, 02:38 PM
I'm rooting for our old CUSA foe TCU... make us proud to be non-AQ.

CubanSucks
11-15-2009, 05:05 PM
Holy Crap what a game! That place was packed like I've never seen! What sucks is the score was pretty misleading. Utah didn't even play close to 28 pts worthy. The first 2 td's were pretty gimmicky and the last was against nobodys

Girasuck
11-15-2009, 08:09 PM
TCU is hands down the best team in the country. They have no weakness. I knew they were good before the game, but to see them totally dominate us was very impressive. It will be a damn shame if they don't get a chance to play for the national championship because they would destroy any team in the nation.

The Reckoning
11-15-2009, 11:55 PM
looks like TCU shot their wad...i mean blood...out of their eyes

DMX7
11-16-2009, 12:24 AM
TCU is hands down the best team in the country. They have no weakness. I knew they were good before the game, but to see them totally dominate us was very impressive. It will be a damn shame if they don't get a chance to play for the national championship because they would destroy any team in the nation.

Ahh.... No. They would destroy any team in the Mountain West. They would struggle to beat even decent teams from BCS Conferences (like Clemson). They would get killed by Florida, Alabama and Texas.

lebomb
11-16-2009, 12:40 AM
They would get killed by Florida, Alabama and Texas.

Lose.........probably, get killed? I doubt it DMX............TCU is legit. They have a great offense and defense. :toast

Girasuck
11-16-2009, 12:41 AM
Ahh.... No. They would destroy any team in the Mountain West. They would struggle to beat even decent teams from BCS Conferences (like Clemson). They would get killed by Florida, Alabama and Texas.

Sure thing. Just like Utah would get killed by Alabama right? TCU would beat any team in the nation right now. They have the best defense in the nation, one of the best offenses in the nation, and have dynamic special teams returners. They are loaded at every position.

Why did you forget to mention that Florida, Alabama, and Texas have all struggled at one point this season against inferior teams? Florida struggled to beat Arkansas, Tennessee, Mississippi State, and South Carolina. In fact, Florida can thank the officiating for 2 of their wins. Alabama had to block a field goal to beat Tennessee at home, and Texas struggled to beat Oklahoma, a team that BYU beat.

You're just another one of those college football "fans" that goes strictly by tradition and scoreboards. I'm guessing you haven't watched TCU play a game this season.

DMX7
11-16-2009, 12:55 AM
TCU would beat any team in the nation right now. They have the best defense in the nation.

They do not have a better defense than Texas. Just stop.

Girasuck
11-16-2009, 01:27 AM

That's all you're going to comment on from my previous statement? I take that as you admitting that everything else I stated was true then? So how many times have you actually watched TCU play? Just curious.

As far as the two teams defenses...we can agree to disagree. I'd take TCU's defense over any in the country. The Texas defense is statistically slightly better than TCU's defense but not by much.

DMX7
11-16-2009, 02:03 AM
That's all you're going to comment on from my previous statement? I take that as you admitting that everything else I stated was true then?

That was a pretty long comment for a pretty weak argument. I've chosen to highlight where the flaw in your logic begins.

MajorMike
11-16-2009, 10:34 AM
The first 2 td's were pretty gimmicky and the last was against nobodys

Seriously... gimmicky pretty much describes the whole Utah/Boise thing for the past decade. That is how they grow to compete with the BCS school - make up crap they don't see everyday and suprise them with it. Even Hawaii was a gimmicky version of ttek's offense on crack (or I guess Maui Wowie, in this case).

Yes there are exceptions, very rarely, but it is completely true for the most part. It doesn't mean they can't be damn good teams, it just means that they live and die by the gimmick.

Even as funny as it is, the 'Game of the Century' would never have been possible without Boise's bottomless bag of gimmicks.

vander
11-16-2009, 01:43 PM
Seriously... gimmicky pretty much describes the whole Utah/Boise thing for the past decade. That is how they grow to compete with the BCS school - make up crap they don't see everyday and suprise them with it. Even Hawaii was a gimmicky version of ttek's offense on crack (or I guess Maui Wowie, in this case).

Yes there are exceptions, very rarely, but it is completely true for the most part. It doesn't mean they can't be damn good teams, it just means that they live and die by the gimmick.

Even as funny as it is, the 'Game of the Century' would never have been possible without Boise's bottomless bag of gimmicks.

you need to move on man, it's almost every post with you now. OK, We get it, you hate BSU, BSU is not Legit, BSU is all gimmick...:rolleyes
everyone who even occasionally reads this board knows that's your take, no need to keep wasting your breath.
or are you getting all worked up because you think BSU will steal an at large invite from Ok St.
I don't see than happening if they handle Oklahoma, but if BSU does, I'd laugh, mostly at you I think :lol

MajorMike
11-16-2009, 03:34 PM
Truth hurts, I guess.

You can use your gimmicks to handle uo all day and I'd still laff.

Girasuck
11-16-2009, 05:07 PM

Utah runs the spread offense. The same spread offense Florida runs, which has won them 2 national championships, which is the same offense that 80% of the country runs. I guess 80% of the country is gimmicky then.

vander
11-16-2009, 06:42 PM
Truth hurts, I guess.

You can use your gimmicks to handle uo all day and I'd still laff.

what? I've been saying that BSU isn't a BCS-quality team this year for longer than you have :lol

you shouldn't be so worried about BSU, you have Oklahoma to worry about. what is it about BSU that warrants so much of your time/concern/thought/anger/fear/etc. ?

vander
11-16-2009, 06:50 PM
Utah runs the spread offense. The same spread offense Florida runs, which has won them 2 national championships, which is the same offense that 80% of the country runs. I guess 80% of the country is gimmicky then.

the Offense that BSU runs right now is actually much more like a Pro-Style offense than most of the other teams in the top 25, in fact, come to think of it, this is the least gimmicky I have ever seen the BSU offense.
they might bust out a trick play here and there, but for the most part, they move the ball down the field by Kellen Moore reading the defense and getting the ball to the open man, I haven't seen another QB in College Football who can diagnose defenses as quickly as Moore. he's the best QB from the neck up in college football.

CubanSucks
11-16-2009, 06:55 PM

I wasn't saying Utah was gimmicky, but the first 2 td's were. The first one was set up by the qb running for his life and the WR some how getting behind the corner for the long pass. The second td was set up by 2 40 yard fade passes just tossed up for grabs. Again, Utah isn't a gimmick

MajorMike
11-16-2009, 11:38 PM
what? I've been saying that BSU isn't a BCS-quality team this year for longer than you have :lol

you shouldn't be so worried about BSU, you have Oklahoma to worry about. what is it about BSU that warrants so much of your time/concern/thought/anger/fear/etc. ?

What I'm saying is if ttek or OSU or Ole Miss or Pitt or Clemson or any other really decent top to middle of the pack team played Boise's sched every year, they could claim they were a BCS team as well, and then bet a bunch of gimmicks on beating one superpower who's coach can't win the big game and claim they are a superpower too.

Raise your hand if you think the NYG were better than the 19-0 Pats.

Raise your hand is you think George Mason was one of the Top 4 basketball programs in the country.

Raise you hand is you think Boise is a BCS caliber school in any other conference.

Yup, was a pretty quiet crowd.

The whole world knows it, I don't understand why you are so indignant about it.

j-6
11-16-2009, 11:58 PM
I would love to see Texas beat Bama for the title and have TCU finish second after they crush the Fighting Tebows. I know that it's blasphemy to not want to watch that UT D handle Florida but seeing the Horns work the Tide and have the Frogs send the anointed one home to Jesus with a non BCS loss would be fucking awesome.

TCU will beat whatever team the BCS puts in front of them. I just hope it's not GATech or Cincy.

CubanSucks
11-17-2009, 01:23 AM
I would love to see Texas beat Bama for the title and have TCU finish second after they crush the Fighting Tebows. I know that it's blasphemy to not want to watch that UT D handle Florida but seeing the Horns work the Tide and have the Frogs send the anointed one home to Jesus with a non BCS loss would be fucking awesome.

TCU will beat whatever team the BCS puts in front of them. I just hope it's not GATech or Cincy.

(knock on wood)

Girasuck
11-27-2009, 12:01 AM

So...you still think Texas has a better defense after tonight? A 6-5 team just rolled up 530 yards and 39 points against that defense.

CubanSucks
11-27-2009, 12:25 AM
So...you still think Texas has a better defense after tonight? A 6-5 team just rolled up 530 yards and 39 points against that defense.

This was a&m's season right here. It's like the little brother(a&m) one chance to prove themselves to the all the other kids(all of college football) that they are just as good as the big brother(Texas)