PDA

View Full Version : Book: The Traveler's Gift

angel_luv
11-09-2009, 11:24 AM
It is by Andy Andrews.

Has anyone on here read it?

My mother-in-law gave a copy of it to Bo. I had picked it up just to see what it was and ended up sitting down and reading it in one sitting.

Excellent book! I highly recommend it.

PM5K
11-09-2009, 11:25 AM
Books, reading, at ten am on Monday morning?

GTFO....

angel_luv
11-09-2009, 11:29 AM
Three Minutes To Wapner, Man!

It's a really awesome book!

PM5K
11-09-2009, 11:30 AM
Well WTF is it about?

angel_luv
11-09-2009, 11:36 AM
It is about a man named David Ponder- a family man, committed to his wife and a caring father to his daughter, who works hard all his life only to lose his job due to a company takeover.

Things go from bad to worse for David as he cannot find a good paying new job, his daughter gets very sick ( and he had no insurance), and he gets fired from the minimum wage job he took. He'd borrowed all the money he could and felt he was out of options.

So he takes a drive in the middle of winter mourning what has become of his life. He starts driving recklessly on an icy road and his car swerves out of control and he crashes.

When David wakes up he is in a place he doesn't recognize. There he meets the first of seven historical figures who have a special message for him. Each person gives him one of the seven decisions that lead to success.

The book is captivating, touching, and inspiring and very creatively written.
I felt as if I was travelling with David and as if I met all of David's friends right along with him.

No description of mine can do the book justice. You really ought to read it for yourself.

PM5K
11-09-2009, 11:37 AM
The first two paragraphs sounded ok, all of the rest sounded suck...

angel_luv
11-09-2009, 11:38 AM
http://www.amazon.com/Travelers-Gift-Decisions-Determine-Personal/dp/0785264280

PM5K
11-09-2009, 11:45 AM
All I can say is that it sounds like something you'd read.

These are the reasons I have a hard time liking you, why are you wasting your time reading self help books, they are for weak minded people.

angel_luv
11-09-2009, 12:23 PM
All I can say is that it sounds like something you'd read.

These are the reasons I have a hard time liking you, why are you wasting your time reading self help books, they are for weak minded people.

This book honestly does not read like a self help book. On reaching the final page in the book, I was surprised to learn that the writer is a motivational speaker who does corporate seminars. I took him for more of a Nicolaus Sparks type.

And I too was about to dismiss the book when I read that there were seven secrets because I don't like self help books.

But the story is so well written and inspiring and touching, I literally could not put the book down.
And I plan to re- read it.

angel_luv
11-09-2009, 12:24 PM
And :lol at you pretending you have a hard time liking me.

Playa please! :lol

PM5K
11-09-2009, 12:24 PM
Now why would you re-read a book, don't you have any memory?