PDA

View Full Version : Phoenix forecast warming by the day

duncan228
11-09-2009, 02:33 PM
Phoenix forecast warming by the day (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=Al7Id0TtQSKDGqpU5iGfP7C8vLYF?slug=ys-sunswest110909&prov=yhoo&type=lgns)
By Peter May

In more than a few NBA locales – we all know who they are – a 46-win season would be a cause for jubilation. In Phoenix, all that 46 wins brought last season was a lot of chaos, confusion, dissension, reflection, a coaching change and the first visit to the lottery in half a decade.

“An aberration,’’ in the words of Phoenix Suns general manager Steve Kerr.

“ A lot of soul searching,’’ said Grant Hill.

Only two teams – the San Antonio Spurs and the Dallas Mavericks – have had better records over the last five years than the Suns. But even in a 46-win season (which would have placed the Suns fifth in the East) there were signs, subtle and overt, that the run might be coming to an end.

Shaquille O’Neal, at first a welcome addition but gradually proven to be the proverbial 375-pound elephant in the room, was traded for two players whose contracts were bought out. There was talk of fiscal restraint. The halcyon days under Mike D’Antoni seemed like a distant era. Few talked of the Suns as a threat out West anymore.

None of this was lost on two thirty-something Suns, Hill and two-time Most Valuable Player Steve Nash, who came to big decisions last summer. In separate statements that spoke volumes about what is going in Phoenix – and what might be going on down the road in Phoenix – they each committed to their team.

“You can look at it two ways,’’ Nash said. “[Last season] could have been a reason to jump ship – or a reason to stay and fight. Ultimately, I decided I wanted to stick around and fight, to keep building on what we worked on, and try to get a nice team back on the floor for our city and make it enjoyable again.”

Nash, who had a year left on his contract, agreed to a two-year extension last summer, thus taking his name out of the promising 2010 free agent market. He’ll be 36 in February and 38 when the contract expires.

Kerr thinks Nash is still one of the top five point guards in the league and will be good for a year or two beyond even 2012, comparing Nash to John Stockton in terms of durability and commitment to health, diet and exercise. (Stockton played 82 games in his final NBA season, 2002-03, during which he turned 41. A couple years later, Danny Ainge called Stockton to see if he was interested in joining the Boston Celtics. Nash’s agent, meanwhile, said his client has talked about playing overseas when his NBA days are over).

Hill, entering free agency and turning 37 in training camp, was nonetheless a very attractive free agent to a number of teams. The New York Knicks made an offer. (Talk about your basic downgrade.) The Denver Nuggets and the Miami Heat were interested. The Celtics, with Hill’s Orlando neighbor, Doc Rivers, leading the charge, wanted him as well, and could legitimately offer Hill a shot at a championship ring.

“I consider Doc to be a friend,’’ Hill said. “Certainly it was tempting. I talked to Ray [Allen]. I talked to Kevin [Garnett]. They’ve got a great bunch of guys who I’ve known for a long, long time. There was nothing bad about the situation there, but I like the situation where I’m at. I can’t put it any more simpler than that.

“This is my team. These are my teammates,’’ said Hill, who signed a two-year deal. “We went through a lot last year, a coaching change, season-ending injuries, not meeting expectations and just a lot of soul searching as a unit that I think brought us closer together and bonded us. I feel we were better than what we showed last season so that played a big part in my decision, sort of unfinished business. I enjoy my teammates, and being able to enjoy coming to work every day, especially for someone who has been hurt so much, is important to me.”

What does it say about the situation in the Valley of the Sun that the two eminence grises did what they did? (OK, other than they had to get rid of Shaq for it to happen.) Phoenix has always been a preferred NBA destination because of its climate, but, as Hill noted, “you can really live anywhere. And there’s nothing wrong with New York, Boston, Miami or Denver. Those are pretty good cities, too.”

What it says, Kerr believes, is that once the necessary changes were made, there was a general feeling that last season was not the beginning of the end.

“I think it says a lot about the organization, about [coach] Alvin Gentry, about the great situation we have always had in Phoenix,’’ Kerr said. “It says last year was an aberration. It says last year wasn’t such a disaster that everyone wanted to bail out. It was more, ‘hey that was a lousy season, let’s turn it around next year.’ And both of the guys [Hill and Nash] jumped on board.”

So far, the results have been nothing short of spectacular. Confronted with a brutal opening stretch (15 of their first 22 are on the road), the Suns took care of the Wizards on Sunday afternoon to improve to 6-1, matching the best seven-game start in franchise history. On a thus-far 3-1 Eastern swing, which concludes Monday night in Philadelphia, the Suns have knocked Miami and the Celtics from the ranks of the undefeated.

There has been the surprising contribution from newcomer Channing Frye, who leads the team with 20 3-pointers. Amar’e Stoudemire, rumored to be on the move when he’s not on the mend, is putting up nifty numbers. (His potential free agency is the next big move for the Suns.) Gentry has opened things up offensively and the Suns have scored at least 100 points in all seven games, including a stunning 110 against the defensively gifted Celtics, who have not allowed a team to score as many as 91 points in any other game.

Hill is healthy; he went wire-to-wire last season for just the second time in his career and first in an 82-game season. He hasn’t missed a game this season and already has posted four double-doubles, one less than he had all last season. He’s averaging 13.6 points and 8.7 rebounds a game.

Nash, meanwhile, has been, “phenomenal,” in the words of Kerr. He had 17 assists against the Wizards and is averaging 19.4 points and 11.9 assists a game. He appears to be enjoying himself on the floor again.

“First and foremost, I really like my teammates and my coaches,’’ Nash said. “And I wanted to continue to play together and work on what we started, which, for me, was five years ago. By the end of the year, if we have a great attitude and spirit, who knows how good we can be?”

It’s nowhere near the end of the year, but right now, the Suns have the attitude and spirit, not to mention the talent, to be pretty good. If they keep it up, that 46-win eyesore of a year ago will indeed be long forgotten.

Culburn369
11-09-2009, 02:55 PM
I know this is sick & twisted, but, I need an injury there. & soon.

Culburn369
11-09-2009, 03:00 PM
I can't even bring myself to listen.

Allanon
11-09-2009, 03:22 PM
Thursday on TNT; we'll see if the Sun is shining in Phoenix or LA.

Xylus
11-09-2009, 03:48 PM
I didn't expect the Suns to get this kind of attention from the national media so early in the season. I hope it doesn't go to their heads. This is a scrappy underdog team, and they need to keep playing like it.

Findog
11-09-2009, 04:03 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Guest-post-Are-the-6-1-Suns-for-real-?urn=nba,201141

'll be the first to admit I wasn't all that excited for the Suns '09/10 campaign; not because I didn't think they could win a lot of games or make some noise in the West, but because of the sheer up-and-down drama of the past five years that saturated every game, every practice, every play. I was done. I had had enough. Mind you, I've been a die-hard for a couple decades now, and this was the first start to a season where seemingly all the passion and enthusiasm was missing.
Now, I won't go into a brief history of the 2004-2009 Suns. You know the story. They brought a unique and fun aspect to the NBA again and then, essentially, recanted their beliefs and successes and brought in Shaquille O'Neal(notes). Obviously, it didn't turn out like Suns fans (or NBA fans) wanted it to. The organization and fans moved on, shed some salary, re-signed a couple of thirty-somethings and went back to Mike D'Antoni-like basketball.
And it's working.
I'm not going to sit here and say that I predicted the Suns to start 6-1. Or that they would go into Miami and win. And then Boston. And then Washington. In fact, I remember looking at the schedule, seeing this brutal five-games-in-seven-nights road trip to start the season, then quickly curling up in the fetal position and crying for a good two hours.
I'm as surprised as all of you are.
But, the exciting and encouraging thing isn't that the Suns went back to the run-and-gun (they really aren't close to what they were in 2004-2007), it's that they are playing hard, gritty, tough basketball. Descriptors like that certainly haven't been used to describe the Suns in the past five years, even with Shaq. They've had the "soft" label, and rightfully so. This season, however, they've shown glimpses of hustle and fortitude that should encourage any Suns fan. The way Jared Dudley(notes) brings intensity and intangibles, the way Goran Dragic's(notes) confidence has soared, the way Channing Flipping Frye is shooting the ball, the energy that Lou Amundson brings; all while being undersized and under appreciated.

I've been hard on Amar'e Stoudemire(notes) in the past, but I've been incredibly impressed with his play thus far as he is already making a strong case to get a max deal. He still has a way to go in terms of getting his explosiveness back, but he's (finally) making a conscious effort on the defensive end and playing smart basketball. He isn't close to where he could be defensively, but his awareness has undeniably increased. It matters not what his motivation for this is (money, wins, recognition, etc.), just that it's happening; quite simply, he's becoming a bona fide leader for the Suns. The television has even picked up some of what he says on the defensive end of the floor, which signifies that he's actually communicating with teammates on defense — a fantastic sign. Granted, I've heard him yell "Rebound!" several times to other teammates as he's standing in the lane somewhat aimlessly ... but at this point I'll take anything.
However, as always, the success of this team will ride on Steve Nash's(notes) shoulders — and he's fine with that. There is still a lot of talk about his age and how he's lost a step, but the way he keeps himself conditioned doesn't fit the mold of a typical 35-year-old. Sure, he's played a lot of minutes and a lot of games in the NBA, but he continues to display an innate ability to dominate and take over games at a moment's notice. He's averaging 18 points and 12 assists per game this season on 51% FG shooting and 51.5% 3PT FG shooting. Those numbers best any season he's had in a Suns uniform.
Perhaps what's most appealing is how hard this team is playing — something that was missing last year. Alvin Gentry has instilled a belief in this team that if they are going to win, they're going to need to play their butts off — and it's showing. There is a clear effort to box out opponents on a consistent basis, gang-rebound and help out on the weak side. Don't look now, but the Suns are right in the middle of the pack defensively; opposing team's offensive rebounds have declined, teams aren't shooting as high a percentage as they have against the Suns in the past, and Phoenix is actually 10th in the league in average rebounds per game. These principles may seem elementary to some, perhaps not warranting even being written about, but they're unquestionably what has doomed the Suns in previous years.
Yes, I know how early in the season it is. I know how quickly things can go wrong. I know that health will be a question mark as the season progresses. But, my goodness, one can't help but be impressed with not only their six wins thus far, but how they've got them.

The Suns are for real.

Pero
11-09-2009, 04:15 PM
The Suns are for real.

Maybe in the regular season.

Allanon
11-09-2009, 04:30 PM
NBA.COM Power Rankings

Suns #1
Phoenix 6-1 Pace: 100.6 (2), Off: 109.1 (5), Def: 103.8 (15)
Most impressive about the Suns' start is that five of their seven games have been on the road. In handing the Celtics their first loss on Friday, they made Boston look like a bad defensive team. Then the Suns got defensive themselves in Washington.

http://www.nba.com/2009/news/powerrankings/11/09/week2/index.html

Findog
11-09-2009, 04:40 PM
Phoenix Suns: Week of November 9-15th Power Ranking Champs.

Break out the funny hats and champagne, bitches!

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1286/1072179131_3d92399421_o.jpg

lefty
11-09-2009, 04:43 PM
I hope the Suns won't get too warm.

Because I really don't want to smell Amare's burn ass hair from Canada.

Xylus
11-09-2009, 04:47 PM
Side note, the Suns are probably going to lose tonight. Tired legs at the end of a road trip, 2nd of a back-to-back, and the 76ers are young and athletic.

da_suns_fan
11-09-2009, 04:52 PM
Their announcers are calling games as if they feel this team is back.

Those two clowns never acted like they left in the first place.

JMarkJohns
11-09-2009, 05:11 PM
There's reasons for short-term hope. Chemistry is is at a high level and with all the parts of the team now on the same page offensively, the ability to maximize their offensive potential is being reached. The Boston win shocked the hell out of me. How does a team with the size of Boston fail to out-rebound a team like Phoenix? Amare has looked more assertive on the boards. That's great to see. Everybody seems content for now. Gentry may not be the hands-off genius that D'Antoni was, but he's maximizing the bench and attempting to keep minutes down.

That said, nobody big on this team has the track record of being a good rebounder or on-ball defender. It's been great to see thus far, but it goes against logic to expect such to keep on at such a high level for much longer. I still don't expect the starting tandem of Amare/Channing to average even 15 rebounds twixt the pair. While Hill and Richardson are solid for their position, truth is if you're dependent upon your SF and SG to help carry your rebounding, you're really in trouble.

In preseason I said I expected this Suns team to compete from 47-to-51 wins, and I stand by that. This start speaks to their ability to beat who they should, home or road. They are 1-1 against teams considered better than them. I'd be shocked if they maintain that .500 win percentage vs. the Lakers, Spurs, Mavericks, Nuggets, Celtics, Cavs and Magic. If they play 30 games vs. these teams, I expect a 12-18 record max.

Frye, for all his faults, is a player I wish the Suns had under D'Antoni. I desperately wanted the Suns to trade up in the 2005 draft for Frye for the reasons he's showing now. He was never going to be the answer to the Suns needs, but his offensive game is the ideal for Nash/Amare pic-n-roll.

Xylus
11-09-2009, 07:47 PM
Fuuuuck, the 76ers are going to kill us tonight. Our offense is non-existant.

Allanon
11-09-2009, 07:48 PM
I'm watching that game...7 minutes without a bucket?

Seems like the Suns woke up, read the Power Rankings and forgot to come and play :lol

Xylus
11-09-2009, 07:52 PM
Nash needs to step the fuck up.

Xylus
11-09-2009, 07:53 PM
Channing Frye is garbage on the road.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
11-09-2009, 07:53 PM
Nash needs to step the fuck up.

So does everyone besides J-Rich. This game did have let-down game written all over it.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
11-09-2009, 07:54 PM
No-D-Steve and Amare need to quit having these games where they combine for 10+ turnovers.

Xylus
11-09-2009, 07:56 PM
No-D-Steve and Amare need to quit having these games where they combine for 10+ turnovers.

That's been a scary trend this season. Nash and Stoudemire are both in the Top 10 for TO's per game this season.

Allanon
11-09-2009, 07:57 PM
We should make real quick work of the Suns, this team is very weak. I don't see how the Celtics loss to them.

Thursday man, can't wait.

Xylus
11-09-2009, 07:59 PM
Thursday man, can't wait.

I can. The Suns have to take care of Philly right now, and then New Orleans on Wednesday before they take the court in LA.

cobbler
11-09-2009, 08:00 PM
So I turn on the game ( I haven't seen the suns this year) thinking I will have to check them out and see if they have improved that much and what has changed...

... the very first play I see is Iggy throw the entry pass to the high post, cut to the basket around Amare, hammer home the missed high post shot, and Amare behind him with that beffudled look of "how did that happen?"

Nothing has changed!

Xylus
11-09-2009, 08:01 PM
It's true, the Suns are not playing any D this game. The Sixers are getting whatever they want.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
11-09-2009, 08:02 PM
Jrue Holliday must have come into this game thinking, "O wow, I play Steve Nash tonight, I can have a coming out party tonight!!!."

cobbler
11-09-2009, 08:05 PM
It's true, the Suns are not playing any D this game. The Sixers are getting whatever they want.

This is why they will win 50 or so games playing up tempo ball. They will even win some big ones as witnessed by the Boston victory. THe fans will be all hyped for the post season. And like all teams that play shoddy D, will be tossed aside in a 7 game series.

Xylus
11-09-2009, 08:07 PM
This is why they will win 50 or so games playing up tempo ball. They will even win some big ones as witnessed by the Boston victory. THe fans will be all hyped for the post season. And like all teams that play shoddy D, will be tossed aside in a 7 game series.

You're preaching to the choir.

tlongII
11-09-2009, 08:07 PM
If the Lakers don't have their big men back on Thursday they are going to get ruined.

Xylus
11-09-2009, 08:09 PM
66 points in the 1st half, give me a fucking break.

cobbler
11-09-2009, 08:10 PM
if the lakers don't have their big men back on thursday they are going to get ruined.

a.t.n.w.

Brazil
11-09-2009, 08:12 PM
its fun to watch !

Xylus
11-09-2009, 08:15 PM
Suns are getting outplayed in every conceivable statistic. JRich is the only one who's showed up tonight.

Xylus
11-09-2009, 08:27 PM
I wonder how many points the Sixers have made off of Nash's turnovers. Dear god, take care of the fucking ball.

Xylus
11-09-2009, 08:30 PM
JRich is UNFUCKINGBELIEVABLE right now.

24 points, 5 rebounds, 6-6 from 3-point range.

Allanon
11-09-2009, 08:32 PM
Suns making a run on the Sixers now.

Xylus
11-09-2009, 08:33 PM
Another turnover for fun-loving Steve.

Allanon
11-09-2009, 08:35 PM
Sixers just can't handle prosperity.

Brazil
11-09-2009, 08:45 PM
crazy nash 14 assists !

lol at smith stealing the ball in Stoud arms

Xylus
11-09-2009, 08:51 PM
Suns only down by 2 to start the 4th quarter. Hopefully they didn't exhaust themselves making a comeback.

Allanon
11-09-2009, 08:56 PM
Hahah...

Announcer "This is Dru Holiday's coming out party".

Xylus
11-09-2009, 09:00 PM
C'mon guys, I have no more children to sacrifice.

Allanon
11-09-2009, 09:01 PM
Save your future kids for the "Big" games :lol

Allanon
11-09-2009, 09:02 PM
Spaetz, Jason Smith and Holiday beating the Suns? WTF? :lol

Xylus
11-09-2009, 09:05 PM
Save your future kids for the "Big" games :lol

Yeah, I think I'll use my next one for a Suns-Lakers game later in the season. Sorry Allanon. :lol

iggypop123
11-09-2009, 09:08 PM
brand 2 rebounds. LMAO

Xylus
11-09-2009, 09:10 PM
God, I want to kill Channing Frye right now.

pauls931
11-09-2009, 09:11 PM
Pho is due for a loss, for some reason philly always made me nervous. They're not that bad right? Regardless of the outcome, I consider this a very successful road trip.

Xylus
11-09-2009, 09:16 PM
Jared Dudley is my new favorite player. What a goddamn stud. 13 points in the 4th quarter, with hustle play after hustle play...

Culburn369
11-09-2009, 09:18 PM
F'in livin' nightmare. I hate these f'ers.

JMarkJohns
11-09-2009, 09:21 PM
How pissed are the 76ers that they went and stole Brand away from the Clipper by overpaying for a player they basically already had a younger, less-operated upon version in Speights?

pauls931
11-09-2009, 09:21 PM
I want them to win so they can come to LA with some confidence.

Ya, I think teams with big front lines like LA and Portland will give Pho tons of problems.

Xylus
11-09-2009, 09:22 PM
Suns are going to lose in LA on Thursday, no doubt. Suns have too little rest (it'll be the 4th game in 5 days), the Lakers get three days of rest... plus it's in LA. Don't see us winning that one at all.

Culburn369
11-09-2009, 09:23 PM
Ya O & 41, f'ks, you.

JMarkJohns
11-09-2009, 09:25 PM
Not as pissed as you all knee-jerking the Gasol trade to give up Marion for Shaq, and wind up with neither in less than two seasons.

Wasn't pissed they traded Marion. Just pissed they traded him for a square peg for their round hole when a three-team swap of Marion to Memphis, Swift to Denver and Camby/Mike Miller to Phoenix was on the table.

Xylus
11-09-2009, 09:25 PM
LOL @ the Laker fans trashing the Suns after they just won. Give it a rest already.

pauls931
11-09-2009, 09:27 PM
Wasn't pissed they traded Marion. Just pissed they traded him for a square peg for their round hole when a three-team swap of Marion to Memphis, Swift to Denver and Camby/Mike Miller to Phoenix was on the table.

I agree I went through denail when everyone told me it was a bad trade, but it was bad trade. Damn near destroyed the team. Luckily it looks like the damage may be limitted to 2 years.

Allanon
11-09-2009, 09:28 PM
I want them to win so they can come to LA with some confidence.

I also want the Suns coming into LA on a winning high. I want this Thursday game to be for the Pacific Division..

Until Thursday, Go Suns!

pauls931
Good lord, 20 assists!

JMarkJohns
Hoisting up 20+ threes a game on average only won one team a Title, and this team ain't the 93-94 Rockets because Amare isn't 93-94 Hakeem.

That might win ya a game. It isn't winning you a series beyond the first round.

Culburn369
11-09-2009, 09:34 PM
X asking for grace. Ya O & 41 jagoff, you.

sribb43
11-09-2009, 10:20 PM
I dont know how the suns are winning these games especially with Barbosa being hurt and playing like shit when he is available

Xylus
11-09-2009, 10:22 PM
I dont know how the suns are winning these games especially with Barbosa being hurt and playing like shit when he is available

Since Barbosa went down, JRich has been unstoppable. He's the primary reason we won against Boston, Washingston, and tonight against Philly.

Culburn369
11-09-2009, 10:23 PM
If only that f'k woulda crashed his car goin' 95 in a 35.

iggypop123
11-09-2009, 10:25 PM
they dont know whats is coming for them. mbenga is a beast

DUNCANownsKOBE2
11-09-2009, 10:52 PM
For a fan base who claims to not care about the Suns, some of the Laker fans in this thread still seem awfully bitter about 2006 and 2007.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
11-09-2009, 10:55 PM
For a fan that claimed to hate his team, you sure did jump back on the wagon after they won a few games. Just keep winning, kid.

Funny, that has nothing to do with the comment you responded to.

redzero
11-09-2009, 10:55 PM
Looks like Chris Paul is trying to top Nash. Five assists with six left in the first.

Culburn369
11-09-2009, 10:56 PM
For a fan that claimed to hate his team, you sure did jump back on the wagon after they won a few games. Just keep winning, kid.

DUNCAN's been bagged & tagged.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
11-09-2009, 10:57 PM
I also don't get why the Laker fans are acting like beating Phoenix on Thursday will be such a big deal.

redzero
11-09-2009, 10:59 PM
I also don't get why the Laker fans are acting like beating Phoenix on Thursday will be such a big deal.

They will never forget those playoff series. It's time to move on.

Culburn369
11-09-2009, 11:00 PM

That's because you're O & 41!

Culburn369
11-09-2009, 11:00 PM

Never.

LnGrrrR
11-09-2009, 11:01 PM

I figure they get their sense of self-worth from their team's record, and so every win is a validation of their own awesomeness.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
11-09-2009, 11:01 PM

Seriously, I've moved on as have most Suns fans. Laker fans are so bitter it's as if the Suns won a championship in 2006 and 2007, when all they really did was beat two shitty teams.

Culburn369
11-09-2009, 11:03 PM
You are O & 41, but, it ain't enough.

redzero
11-09-2009, 11:12 PM
You are O & 41, but, it ain't enough.

Why? Were the Suns supposed to let the Lakers win?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
11-09-2009, 11:14 PM

Don't respond to his comments. I've put him on ignore, hopefully if enough people do he'll just leave this board and go somewhere else.

Culburn369
11-09-2009, 11:23 PM

By default I ain't lettin' that go, Red, but, my pathology has nothing to do with those playoffs. We deserved to lose.

I've hated those f'ers since December of '86. I don't even know what started it. I was stationed here then without any preconceived "super" knowledge of the Suns. It started when I heard Al McCoy doing the radio feed (I remember exactly where I was when it hit me/51st Ave & Glendale at the Safeway, in the parking lot) and was listening to them playing somebody and I heard that f'in McCoy voice and that was it. I was a goner. Couple that with reading the Phoenix Gazette & Arizona Republic every day and the way Joe Gilmartin would write about them just compounded my aggravation. So when Gore invented the Internet I lit on AZ Central and started the O & __ count.

& now you know, the rest of the story.

Culburn369
11-09-2009, 11:24 PM
Don't respond to his comments. I've put him on ignore, hopefully if enough people do he'll just leave this board and go somewhere else.

I ain't ever leavin', DUNCAN. And I ignore no one.

Will Hunting
11-09-2009, 11:27 PM
By default I ain't lettin' that go, Red, but, my pathology has nothing to do with those playoffs. We deserved to lose.

I've hated those f'ers since December of '86. I don't even know what started it. I was stationed here then without any preconceived "super" knowledge of the Suns. It started when I heard Al McCoy doing the radio feed (I remember exactly where I was when it hit me/51st Ave & Glendale at the Safeway, in the parking lot) and was listening to them playing somebody and I heard that f'in McCoy voice and that was it. I was a goner. Couple that with reading the Phoenix Gazette & Arizona Republic every day and the way Joe Gilmartin would write about them just compounded my aggravation. So when Gore invented the Internet I lit on AZ Central and started the O & __ count.

That's one of the most sad, pointless, pathetic auto-biographies I've ever heard.

Culburn369
11-09-2009, 11:29 PM
That's one of the most sad, pointless, pathetic auto-biographies I've ever heard.

Nobody forced ya to read it, Will.

da_suns_fan
11-09-2009, 11:30 PM

You got it all wrong. Ten years from now you'll understand.

da_suns_fan
11-09-2009, 11:31 PM

Gilmartin was a great writer. What was the name of the old sports editor? Casstevens or something?

Culburn369
11-09-2009, 11:31 PM
You got it all wrong. Ten years from now you'll understand.

Don't condescend to me, da. I ain't in the mood tonite.

Culburn369
11-09-2009, 11:34 PM
Gilmartin was a great writer. What was the name of the old sports editor? Casstevens or something?

Nothin' better (before the Internet) than gettin' the Republic in the morning and then gettin' that Gazette in the afternoon. It had all the NBA standings and Joe's column. I'd read that SOB and get all pumped up. I called him one day, but, it ended up like the Colangelo/Arby's meeting, I pussied out and we got along famously. tee, hee.

DJ Mbenga
11-09-2009, 11:45 PM
dont worry guys ill take care of business on thursday

Culburn369
11-09-2009, 11:47 PM
Don't let Cubby down, Congo. We lose that game I may do the dutch.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
11-09-2009, 11:47 PM
dont worry guys ill take care of business on thursday

hey yoooooouuuuuuuuuu guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuys!!!!

Culburn369
11-09-2009, 11:48 PM
DUNCAN, hitchin' a ride back on the Suns bandwagon. The Summer is over.

jejejeje!!!

DUNCANownsKOBE2
11-09-2009, 11:48 PM
Dam, Mbenga is not someone I'd wanna piss off.

Culburn369
11-09-2009, 11:49 PM
Dam, Mbenga is not someone I'd wanna piss off.

At O & 41 there is no danger of that, DUNCAN.

j.dizzle
11-09-2009, 11:55 PM
Of course you've moved, your team is prime for a Laker ass whooping. You was singing a different tune prior to the Snaq/Nash feud. "Suns own the Lakers." Remember that? Don't go tucking your tail now that the tide is turned. Just bend over and take it like a man.
:lol

DUNCANownsKOBE2
11-09-2009, 11:56 PM
Of course you've moved, your team is prime for a Laker ass whooping. You was singing a different tune prior to the Snaq/Nash feud. "Suns own the Lakers." Remember that? Don't go tucking your tail now that the tide is turned. Just bend over and take it like a man.

1) I never said "Suns own the Lakers", there's no way for me to prove this, but after LA traded Shaq, I said the Suns would have 3-5 years to have an easy road to the finals, anything beyond that and the Lakers have time to be a contender again. It turned out 3-5 years was generous since it only took LA 3 years.

2) Don't tell me about tucking my tail. Where were you "taking it like a man" from 2005-2007? You had to wait till LA was the best team in the West to join this message board. Awfully hypocritical. You and the other 99% of the Laker fans on this board were nowhere to be found from 2005-2007. Don't tell me that's just coincidence

3) This is irrelevant, but LA had surpassed Phoenix before the Shaq trade. Please refer to Christmas day 2007 if you don't believe me.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
11-09-2009, 11:57 PM
Lakaluva, join date:
4-18-08

Way to "take it like a man".

Culburn369
11-10-2009, 12:08 AM
:rollin

DUNCANownsKOBE2
11-10-2009, 12:10 AM
Yeah, but this was the theme not only here, but also at that bitch ass phx.net site. If you never said it, then just be a good boy and step aside, cause I'm coming through with a 2X4 with nails in it on your ass if I even get the slightest indication that Suns fans start getting cocky again.

I can't stand that site phxsuns.net, so don't associate them with me please.

And damn, you talk a lot of shit through a computer screen. I'm scared.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
11-10-2009, 12:11 AM
Is this 2X4 with nails gonna pop out of my computer screen and hit me in the eye?

Culburn369
11-10-2009, 12:13 AM
Is this 2X4 with nails gonna pop out of my computer screen and hit me in the eye?

Not if you put him on ignore.

tee, hee.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
11-10-2009, 12:19 AM
"I'm gonna ignore you because my team sucks ass, and I just cant bear the idea of you talking shit."

I could be a bandwagon Laker fan who's never lived in LA like Cubby if I wanted to. Also, Cubby only goes for 8 year old ass, so that joke doesn't really make sense. Finally, how exactly are you gonna draw blood through a computer screen?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
11-10-2009, 12:20 AM
"I'm only gonna join a message board after my team gets Pau Gasol cause I'm too much of a bitch made front runner to deal with my team sucking."

DUNCANownsKOBE2
11-10-2009, 12:23 AM
So, are you officially a Suns fan again? You just jumped back on the Suns wagon five games ago.

Nice try changing the subject.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
11-10-2009, 12:24 AM
how exactly are you gonna draw blood through a computer screen?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
11-10-2009, 12:30 AM
Some of you Laker fans really take after Magic Johnson with this obsession over purple and bloody assholes.

Culburn369
11-10-2009, 12:33 AM
So, are you officially a Suns fan again? You just jumped back on the Suns wagon five games ago.

Answer the question, DUNCAN. We caught ya, pipsqueak.

Culburn369
11-10-2009, 12:34 AM
I could be a bandwagon Laker fan who's never lived in LA like Cubby if I wanted to. Also, Cubby only goes for 8 year old ass, so that joke doesn't really make sense. Finally, how exactly are you gonna draw blood through a computer screen?

So I have to have lived in L.A. at one time in order to be a Lakers fan? tee, hee.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
11-10-2009, 12:35 AM
And to answer your question I've been a Suns fan all along, I wasn't aware I needed to be extremely pleased with the team in order to be a fan.

Culburn369
11-10-2009, 12:36 AM
And to answer your question I've been a Suns fan all along, I wasn't aware I needed to be extremely pleased with the team in order to be a fan.

Please. This Forum spent the Summer trying to pin you down. You didn't declare until after the Boston game. Ya lightweight, poon tanger, you.

da_suns_fan
11-10-2009, 12:36 AM
Nothin' better (before the Internet) than gettin' the Republic in the morning and then gettin' that Gazette in the afternoon. It had all the NBA standings and Joe's column. I'd read that SOB and get all pumped up. I called him one day, but, it ended up like the Colangelo/Arby's meeting, I pussied out and we got along famously. tee, hee.

HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol

Youre all TALK Cubby!

DUNCANownsKOBE2
11-10-2009, 12:37 AM

Youre all TALK Cubby!

Ain't that the truth.

Culburn369
11-10-2009, 12:38 AM

Youre all TALK Cubby!

I know, but, he sounded so genuine. And frankly I was surprised when actually answered the gd phone live. "uh, uh, uh, uh, Joe?" lmao!

DUNCANownsKOBE2
11-10-2009, 12:38 AM
He don't need to answer the question. He's denounced his Suns on more than one occasion. Yet he wont say he's fully back on board. I understand why, he's suffer from the Charlie Brown syndrome.

What do you mean fully back on board? Do I think the Suns are a contender and this is their year? Hell no. Am I pleased with how they look so far, of course.

Culburn369
11-10-2009, 12:39 AM
He don't need to answer the question. He's denounced his Suns on more than one occasion. Yet he wont say he's fully back on board. I understand why, he's suffer from the Charlie Brown syndrome.

Exactly.

da_suns_fan
11-10-2009, 12:39 AM
I know, but, he sounded so genuine. And frankly I was surprised when actually answered the gd phone live. "uh, uh, uh, uh, Joe?" lmao!

"Mr. Gilmartin?!!!"

DUNCANownsKOBE2
11-10-2009, 12:44 AM
It's funny how Cubby and Lakaluva can't have an argument without the other one budding in to toss salads with one another.

da_suns_fan
11-10-2009, 12:44 AM
[QUOTE=DUNCANownsKOBE;3822552]1) I never said "Suns own the Lakers"

Yeah, but this was the theme not only here, but also at that bitch ass phx.net site. If you never said it, then just be a good boy and step aside, cause I'm coming through with a 2X4 with nails in it on your ass if I even get the slightest indication that Suns fans start getting cocky again.

Oh geez...as if the Suns didnt own the Lakers from 04-07. The curb-stomping the Lakers got from Phoenix in 07 caused Kobe to demand a freaking trade cuz thats how little he cares about you or the stupid franchise you root for.

da_suns_fan
11-10-2009, 12:52 AM
[QUOTE=da_suns_fan;3822813]

You are 100% right, and you enjoyed every bit of it. Now its my turn. Don't put me on ignore, don't act like there is no bad blood, just take it, and I'm not asking will you take it in the face, its coming.

Well, even if the Lakers win on Thurs, I reserve the right to claim that it was complete BULLSHIT! The Suns will be playing their third game in four nights and have to go into LA where Kobe and his "yes-men" get to rest up for the past four freaking nights.

BULLSHIT!

DUNCANownsKOBE2
11-10-2009, 12:52 AM
[quote=da_suns_fan;3822813]

You are 100% right, and you enjoyed every bit of it. Now its my turn. Don't put me on ignore, don't act like there is no bad blood, just take it, and I'm not asking will you take it in the face, its coming.

Since you asked so nicely....

kamikazi_player
11-10-2009, 12:53 AM
Oooooooo internet tough guy lol. But lakaluva's cool for the most part, dunno why he cares so much about the Suns just because they owned the lakers around 2005-2007. But Culburn needs to drink some rat poison or something, he's one of the most annoying posters on this board and he's making all laker fans look bad.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
11-10-2009, 12:55 AM
Oooooooo internet tough guy lol. But lakaluva's cool for the most part, dunno why he cares so much about the Suns just because they owned the lakers around 2005-2007. But Culburn needs to drink some rat poison or something, he's one of the most annoying posters on this board and he's making all laker fans look bad.

Sh, I put him on ignore cause I'm so scared of him. He's gonna go after my ass with a 2X4, YIKES!!!!!!!

DUNCANownsKOBE2
11-10-2009, 12:58 AM
But Culburn needs to drink some rat poison or something, he's one of the most annoying posters on this board and he's making all laker fans look bad.

He makes human beings in general look bad.

cobbler
11-10-2009, 01:28 AM
[QUOTE=lakaluva;3822836]

Well, even if the Lakers win on Thurs, I reserve the right to claim that it was complete BULLSHIT! The Suns will be playing their third game in four nights and have to go into LA where Kobe and his "yes-men" get to rest up for the past four freaking nights.

BULLSHIT!

Congrats! :toast

You have moved on from the Sterns, Refs, Spurs & Lakers favoritism, rigged NBA excuses to the more pedestian...

schedule EXCUSE.

Pathetic Suns fans always blaming everything and everyone for their 0 for Life failures. :bang

j.dizzle
11-10-2009, 01:38 AM
I hope bynum & gasol don't play so its a little more fair. Mbenga is so fuckin entertaining to watch haha & i wanna see kobe hit em up with his disgusting fadeaway game.

NBAfan83
11-10-2009, 01:40 AM
[quote=da_suns_fan;3822847]

Congrats! :toast

You have moved on from the Sterns, Refs, Spurs & Lakers favoritism, rigged NBA excuses to the more pedestian...

schedule EXCUSE.

Pathetic Suns fans always blaming everything and everyone for their 0 for Life failures. :bang

every fan from every team in the NBA has used this excuse...

laker fans bitching bout back to backs or w/e is the same thing...

remember last playoff they were screaming conspiracies cuz kobe wasn't getting his usual superstar calls.

Don't be a hypocrite bruh.

UV Ray
11-10-2009, 02:43 AM
Seriously, I've moved on as have most Suns fans. Laker fans are so bitter it's as if the Suns won a championship in 2006 and 2007, when all they really did was beat two shitty teams.

Ain't that the truth.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
11-10-2009, 02:51 AM

Telling a Laker fan not to be a hypocrite is like telling the sky not to be blue.

cobbler
11-10-2009, 03:01 AM
[quote=cobbler;3822980]

every fan from every team in the NBA has used this excuse...

laker fans bitching bout back to backs or w/e is the same thing...

remember last playoff they were screaming conspiracies cuz kobe wasn't getting his usual superstar calls.

Not me.

I don't use schedule, refs, or injuries as excuses. They are all part of the game. Sometimes as a rebutal, as in when the celts fans us KG's injury to discredit the Lakers championship, I will say "well the same thing happened the year before when you won yours, it's part of the game".

And I gurantee you I have NEVER pulled the excuse card before a game is ever played.

cobbler
11-10-2009, 03:14 AM
What does join date have ot do with anything?

I joined here after a spur fan came to a small Laker site talking collusion etc. I made my rebutal in the spus forum and then noticed the NBA forum. I stayed because I think Tim and Kori run a great site. I have maybe posted in the Spurs forum a handful of times.

Same goes for those pussy ass douchebags over at AZ Central. One of their posters came to the Laker site talking trash how they were now going to push the Lakers around after obtaining Shaq. I posted there to laugh at them for ruining their team etc.. I thought a few posters were pretty cool and stayed awhile until they they couldnt handle the truth anymore. I got banned for dissing Shaq and their constant whining about the refs and conspiricy theories. I don't miss those morons at all.

So how does my join date make me a bandwagoner or front runner? I have had season tix since 1978 and was rooting for the Lakers long before these boards were even thought of.

The whole join date thing is absurd.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
11-10-2009, 03:18 AM
Same goes for those pussy ass douchebags over at AZ Central. One of their posters came to the Laker site talking trash how they were now going to push the Lakers around after obtaining Shaq. I posted there to laugh at them for ruining their team etc.. I thought a few posters were pretty cool and stayed awhile until they they couldnt handle the truth anymore. I got banned for dissing Shaq and their constant whining about the refs and conspiricy theories. I don't miss those morons at all.

I'm gonna guess a guy named "Butler" was the one who was trolling LA sites after that Shaq trade. What was your SN when you posted there?

cobbler
11-10-2009, 03:27 AM
I'm gonna guess a guy named "Butler" was the one who was trolling LA sites after that Shaq trade. What was your SN when you posted there?

I dont remember the original posters name. Mine was same as it is here. Same Avatar as well.

After posting for a year.... some guy named steeldog was getting all butt hurt cause I was dissing on Shaq all the time. He still makes posts there defending the trade saying it was successful. After awhile... anytime i would post, regardless of content, he would post ..."troll alert mods troll alert".

I had to laugh when I asked him what his first clue was... seeing as my avatar is a troll with a laker jersey. I basically called him a pussy and whiner like all the others there bitching about stern, the refs etc. I got banned. :lmao

DUNCANownsKOBE2
11-10-2009, 03:30 AM
I dont remember the original posters name. Mine was same as it is here. Same Avatar as well.

After posting for a year.... some guy named steeldog was getting all butt hurt cause I was dissing on Shaq all the time. He still makes posts there defending the trade saying it was successful. After awhile... anytime i would post, regardless of content, he would post ..."troll alert mods troll alert".

I had to laugh when I asked him what his first clue was... seeing as my avatar is a troll with a laker jersey. I got banned. :lmao

You musta posted before I started posting there. Getting banned isn't really a big deal, I've been banned like 3 times. Just create a new account using a different email addres with a different screen name.

cobbler
11-10-2009, 03:33 AM
You musta posted before I started posting there. Getting banned isn't really a big deal, I've been banned like 3 times. Just create a new account using a different email addres with a different screen name.

Oh I dont care. It was a temp ban... I think 60 days. I have no desire to post there anymore. They got all upset about Laker posters and created a NBA forum. Now its just a bunch of sad sacks whining and crying about Sarver, Kerr, Stern, the refs, the spurs, and the lakers. Kind of a depressing place the few times I have looked.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
11-10-2009, 03:34 AM
Oh I dont care. It was a temp ban... I think 60 days. I have no desire to post there anymore. They got all upset about Laker posters and created a NBA forum. Now its just a buch of sad sacks whining and crying about Sarver, Kerr, Stern, the refs, the spurs, and the lakers. Kind of a depressing place the few times I have looked.

You must not talking about AZCentral.

cobbler
11-10-2009, 03:38 AM
You must not talking about AZCentral.

Your right... I just looked it up. It's ASFN. My bad.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
11-10-2009, 03:41 AM
Your right... I just looked it up. It's ASFN. My bad.

It's cool, I was just mind fucked cause the only reason I post at AZCentral is because it's more than a bunch of fans talking about the 2007 championship they think Phoenix won. But it sounds like a typical Suns message board, the mods don't like any dissenting opinion and want the site to be a bunch of cheer leaders.

cobbler
11-10-2009, 03:44 AM
Like all the Laker boards as well. Thats why i like it here.

Xylus
11-10-2009, 03:44 AM
Alabama : United States :: ASFN : Suns Fans

No wonder you got banned, cobbler. Those fans are very xenophobic and short-sighted.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
11-10-2009, 03:45 AM
wtf is ASFN?

The only sites I know of are phxsuns.net and planetorange.net (where every season is a championship season).

Xylus
11-10-2009, 03:46 AM
http://www.arizonasportsfans.com/vb/f7/

Enjoy! :toast

DUNCANownsKOBE2
11-10-2009, 03:47 AM
Arizonasportsfans.com

Enjoy! :toast

Based on what happened with planetorange.net, it'd take me less than 10 posts to get banned from there.

Xylus
11-10-2009, 03:48 AM
lol, I've never even heard of planetorange.net

cobbler
11-10-2009, 03:50 AM
Alabama : United States :: ASFN : Suns Fans

No wonder you got banned, cobbler. Those fans are very xenophobic and short-sighted.

They didnt like hearing anything critical of the Suns.... from outsiders. That was a priv for just them I guess. Im a Shaq hater. Didn't even like him when he was a Laker. I appreciate his contributions of course... but he could have done so much more. Anyway, I showed numbers and logical views (right or wong) how Shaq was hurting them.... and when they couldnt win the argument anymore... I was toast. It's like a ghost town now the few times i have looked in.

redzero
11-10-2009, 03:50 AM
Based on what happened with planetorange.net, it'd take me less than 10 posts to get banned from there.

Why were you banned?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
11-10-2009, 03:51 AM

It's funny to read, god only knows what they're saying with a 7-1 start.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
11-10-2009, 03:52 AM
Why were you banned?

Calling someone a retarded homer apparently is a big no no.

Xylus
11-10-2009, 03:52 AM
They didnt like hearing anything critical of the Suns.... from outsiders. That was a priv for just them I guess. Im a Shaq hater. Didn't even like him when he was a Laker. I appreciate his contributions of course... but he could have done so much more. Anyway, I showed numbers and logical views (right or wong) how Shaq was hurting them.... and when they couldnt win the argument anymore... I was toast. It's like a ghost town now the few times i have looked in.

I've seen you post there when I visit from time to time. Even when I disagreed with you, I didn't think you said anything worthy of getting shunned. Pretty sad that we have to migrate to a Spurs board to have our views accepted.

cobbler
11-10-2009, 03:55 AM

For you.... i'd put the over/under at 5 :lol

DUNCANownsKOBE2
11-10-2009, 03:55 AM
I just don't really get the point of a message board where everyone tosses each other's salad and talks about whether they'd sweep the '96 Bulls or win in 5 games.

Xylus
11-10-2009, 03:57 AM
I just don't really get the point of a message board where everyone tosses each other's salad and talks about how whether they'd sweep the '96 Bulls or win in 5 games.

They aren't hardened fans. Those guys wouldn't last to the 2nd page of a thread full of Spurs/Lakers/Mavs fans all trashing their team at once. :lol

Most of those fucks are bandwagoners, I'd guess.

cobbler
11-10-2009, 03:58 AM
I've seen you post there when I visit from time to time. Even when I disagreed with you, I didn't think you said anything worthy of getting shunned. Pretty sad that we have to migrate to a Spurs board to have our views accepted.

Yeah...I try to be respectful for the most part of a particular sites rules. I talk more shit here with some people because its what they do and i see the humor and entertainment. But if you want to talk basketball... I think I hold my own fairly well.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
11-10-2009, 04:03 AM
They aren't hardened fans. Those guys wouldn't last to the 2nd page of a thread full of Spurs/Lakers/Mavs fans all trashing their team at once. :lol

Most of those fucks are bandwagoners, I'd guess.

As far as internet street smarts go, you don't have any until you visit this site :lol

cobbler
11-10-2009, 04:05 AM
The whole "poor us" thing a LOT of Suns fans constantly spew gets to me. I have to admit I have always hoped we meet again in the playoffs... you know... payback for those 2 years. But you two dont play that persecution complex routine so i have respect for you.

DOK and I went at it a few weeks when i first started posting here but i had to slack off since he hates Nash so much! :lol

Xylus
11-10-2009, 04:06 AM
Your internet balls don't drop until you verbally battle 5 trolls at the same time.

cobbler
11-10-2009, 04:07 AM
I cant keep up with who is who. I dont know how you guys know which trolls are who. Way too much work for me.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
11-10-2009, 04:08 AM
DOK and I went at it a few weeks when i first started posting here but i had to slack off since he hates Nash so much! :lol

I think it almost shocked you to see a Suns fan who had such a peculiar distribution of blame I had for why the Suns collapsed. :lmao

Xylus
11-10-2009, 04:10 AM
I think it almost shocked you to see a Suns fan who had such a peculiar distribution of blame I had for why the Suns collapsed. :lmao

You're actually the first person I've talked to that has such a strong dislike of Steve Nash, and I think you've actually persuaded a lot of people here into thinking the same thing.

cobbler
11-10-2009, 04:12 AM

I actaully liked Nash at Santa Clara. And I admire his playmaking skills. But I never thought he should have won the MVP due to his defensive weakness. Amare is another one. I got to meet him a few times during USA basketball activities.... and he's a real nice guy. But his lack of D and rebounding has always made me think he's an underachiever.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
11-10-2009, 04:12 AM
You're actually the first person I've talked to that has such a strong dislike of Steve Nash, and I think you've actually persuaded a lot of people here into thinking the same thing.

It didn't exist prior to last year. It's eased off a little bit since this season started and I began to just live with the fact the next few years aren't gonna be great, but IMO his behavior last year was inexcusable, selfish, petty, immature, and lazy.

cobbler
11-10-2009, 04:14 AM
... and I think, I'll probably get flamed for this, that Porter got shafted by Nash. Never gave him the chance.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
11-10-2009, 04:16 AM
I think you've actually persuaded a lot of people here into thinking the same thing.

Of all of my weird sayings involving the Suns, the one that has been spread around the most is Goran "White Magic" Dragic. People I barely know are using that nickname in their facebook status now.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
11-10-2009, 04:17 AM
... and I think, I'll probably get flamed for this, that Porter got shafted by Nash. Never gave him the chance.

Truth is, Shaq and Porter were both bad fits, but even if they had potential to be good fits, we'll never know cause of how stubborn Nash was.

Xylus
11-10-2009, 04:17 AM

The problem was that Nash + Shaq + Porter = less than the sum of its parts. It was like taking three disparate styles and expecting them to gel. I didn't have much of a problem with Shaq, thought he was productive despite our team's decline, but he just didn't belong here. Just like Steve Nash doesn't belong in the triangle offense.

As for Porter, he was definitely shafted by Nash, but I'm glad he was. Never should have been hired in the first place. He was an awful coach in so many ways.

cobbler
11-10-2009, 04:18 AM
He's lasted longer than our "Chinese Magic" did!

DUNCANownsKOBE2
11-10-2009, 04:20 AM
He's lasted longer than our "Chinese Magic" did!

Don't worry you still have Jewish Magic.

cobbler
11-10-2009, 04:21 AM
Shaq was a terrible fit. Completely contrasting styles. I just think Porter could have helped establish some kind, any kind of a defensive mindset. But Nash never gave him the chance and I dont care how good a coach you are, and I am not saying he was, but if the team doesnt buy in, your going to look inept.

cobbler
11-10-2009, 04:23 AM
Don't worry you still have Jewish Magic.

Don't rub it in. He's Pathetic. I do like Shannons game though.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
11-10-2009, 04:25 AM
Shaq was a terrible fit. Completely contrasting styles. I just think Porter could have helped establish some kind, any kind of a defensive mindset. But Nash never gave him the chance and I dont care how good a coach you are, and I am not saying he was, but if the team doesnt buy in, your going to look inept.

Agreed completely, and this may sound dumb, but from what I saw from Porter when he spoke publically, there's not a team in the NBA with enough players to listen to him. The guy could barely speak English and had a monotone. He just didn't ever present himself as a presence the players needed to respect.

cobbler
11-10-2009, 04:26 AM
I'm out...

and the shit will be flying come Thursday!

*wiring stern the seed money as we speak* :toast

DUNCANownsKOBE2
11-10-2009, 04:27 AM
Don't rub it in. He's Pathetic. I do like Shannons game though.

Shannon Brown is a beast and a perfect fit for the triangle as a PG. That VladRad trade was a heist.

cobbler
11-10-2009, 04:29 AM
Shannon Brown is a beast and a perfect fit for the triangle as a PG. That VladRad trade was a heist.

For all the shit Mitch took for so many years... He has pulled off some nice moves. I wouldnt trade Shannon for Vlad and Morrison combined.

Culburn369
11-10-2009, 06:39 AM
But Culburn needs to drink some rat poison or something, he's one of the most annoying posters on this board and he's making all laker fans look bad.

Yer just annoyed cuz you no longer have the Daddy rang/sans Kobe Card to pull. Tough shit.

Culburn369
11-10-2009, 07:03 AM
[quote=lakaluva;3822836]

BULLSHIT!

Jesus, da, that's just pitiful.

Culburn369
11-10-2009, 07:41 AM
It's funny how Cubby and Lakaluva can't have an argument without the other one budding in to toss salads with one another.

How would you know, I'm supposed to be on your to ignore list.

tee, hee.

wanggi
11-10-2009, 10:04 AM
How would you know, I'm supposed to be on your to ignore list.

tee, hee.

Poor cubby even you tee hee a thousand times DoK is still your jinx.

Your are just an inferior brand Cubby.:hat

Culburn369
11-10-2009, 10:33 AM
Poor cubby even you tee hee a thousand times DoK is still your jinx.

Your are just an inferior brand Cubby.:hat

You're both O & 41.

I just rang/sans Daddy for my 15th NBA World Championship, and I'm jinxed?

Please.

Jeremy
11-11-2009, 01:31 AM

It's the official message board site of the Suns. If I remember right, that's how the whole "Planet Orange" theme started.

NuGGeTs-FaN
11-11-2009, 01:38 AM
Both the Suns and Nuggets have already played 6 games on the road. Suns are 5-1, Nuggets are 4-2 and they play the bucks on the road tomorrow.

Both a heavy road schedule to start for both teams