PDA

View Full Version : B2B - 0 Wife - 1. Sweet Revenge.

BacktoBasics
11-09-2009, 02:49 PM
So I knew I had it coming. It was bound to happen. Last night the wife finally got hers. Watching the football game and here we go.

Wife - What's Nickel?

Me - Third Cornerback

Wife - Why?

Me - Three wide receivers

Wife - so they have an extra man on the field. Isn't that illegal

Me - :rolleyes they substituted someone out.

Wife - why do they call it the pocket?

Me - :bang here's the laptop. nfl.com is a good place to start. Lots of information there.

The I got the angry stare and she left. Only to return for the Cowboys game with the laptop. Here it comes for the next hour.

Wife - These Cowboy CB's sag too much. They're gonna get burned by the slant

Me - are you gonna do this all night

Wife - It says here that Ratliff is undersized for a 3-4. How's this going to play out for them tonight.

Me - :(

Wife - If Felix Jones is averaging 7 yards a carry why don't they give him the ball every 1st and 2nd down and just be done with it?

Me - :(

Wife - If they put Romo at the wide reciever spot and have a running back at QB wouldn't the other team know that they're gonna run. This article says Miami does it well because they have QB's that run. I don't think Dallas has players like that.

Me - all night huh

Wife - Says here DeMarcus Ware has less than 5 sacks.

Me - :depressed

The entire first half it was stat after stat question after question. I even went to the bathroom and she stood outside the door reciting 3rd down conversion %'s for the league.

I'm gonna have to raise the bar if she thinks that she'll be getting over regularly.

PM5K
11-09-2009, 02:52 PM
http://failblog.files.wordpress.com/2008/07/fail-owned-chocolate-chip-fail.jpg

JamStone
11-09-2009, 02:54 PM
I thought it was pretty funny.

PM5K
11-09-2009, 02:54 PM
I thought it was pretty funny.

No I mean he failed, not the thread.

angel_luv
11-09-2009, 02:59 PM
Your wife sounds like a cool person, B2B. :)

Crookshanks
11-09-2009, 03:00 PM
That was hilarious. Motto of the story: NEVER underestimate the will and determination of a woman. We'll let you THINK you won - then hit you when you least expect it! :rollin

iilluzioN
11-09-2009, 03:11 PM
your wify sounds cool, id do her

lefty
11-09-2009, 03:29 PM
:lol

2Blonde
11-09-2009, 03:42 PM
haha. Maybe next time she asks you a question you won't devalue her by treating her request as not worthy of your time. For a life coach, that was a pretty rookie mistake. :toast

Höfner
11-09-2009, 03:44 PM
She really made you her bitch.

Fpoonsie
11-09-2009, 03:52 PM
:lol

Funny story, but I can totally empathize w/ your frustration.

Last night, watchin the game w/ a friend and his girlfriend, and it was one idiotic question/comment after another.

After the Witten push-off penalty and the following non-PI call in the endzone for Williams (my friend and I already irritated):

Her-"Why didn't they call that?"

Him-"They missed it."

Her-"But they called OUR guy for that one thing."

Me-[irritated]"Yeah, well, it's a pain in the ass, but it happens."

Her-"Can't they challenge it?"

Me-[more irritated]"No. You can't challenge a non-call."

Her-"Well, that doesn't seem very fair. There's too many stupid rules in football."

[sigh]

xellos88330
11-09-2009, 05:08 PM
Heh...

I never gave my wife a chance to ask all those questions. Our first date was a Spurs game. She never really liked basketball because she didn't understand it.

It was great that she was willing to give something like this a chance, so I took advantage and the initiative and started explaining everything before we even got to the game. When we got to the game, I spent the entire game explaining to her everything that was going on live, and by the time it was over, she couldn't wait for the next game. She loved it once she understood it.

Now we both have season tickets.

Enjoy that she is giving you a hard time reading off stats and stuff. It will make for some great conversation if you ever get bored of talking about home stuff or work. It is great for a guy to have a woman who has knowledge of sports.

BacktoBasics
11-09-2009, 05:09 PM
What makes you think that I want to talk to my wife.

xellos88330
11-09-2009, 05:11 PM
What makes you think that I want to talk to my wife.

Oh yea, I forgot for a second who I was talking to... my bad. :lol

spurs_fan_in_exile
11-09-2009, 05:14 PM
"There's too many stupid rules in football."

I can't count how many times I heard that while explaining a penalty call to easjer a few seasons ago. She's picked this stuff up pretty well though. A lot better than some of the other women folk my brothers married.

I. Hustle
11-09-2009, 05:15 PM
I'll talk to her.

easjer
11-09-2009, 05:36 PM
I can't count how many times I heard that while explaining a penalty call to easjer a few seasons ago. She's picked this stuff up pretty well though. A lot better than some of the other women folk my brothers married.

Hell, I repeated that last night.

I still maintain football is stupid and I haven't any idea why I watch so much of it. I infinitely prefer basketball. Fewer stupid rules and more I understand.

And hell yeah, I picked it up. I'm awesome. It's one of the reasons you married me. You bring me drinks, I pretend to care about football and let you watch 50 games a week.

Crookshanks
11-09-2009, 05:47 PM
Hell, I repeated that last night.

I still maintain football is stupid and I haven't any idea why I watch so much of it. I infinitely prefer basketball. Fewer stupid rules and more I understand.

And hell yeah, I picked it up. I'm awesome. It's one of the reasons you married me. You bring me drinks, I pretend to care about football and let you watch 50 games a week.

:lol And men think they're the stronger sex and the ones in control...

Twisted_Dawg
11-09-2009, 08:02 PM
Wife - If Felix Jones is averaging 7 yards a carry why don't they give him the ball every 1st and 2nd down and just be done with it?

Pretty sad commentary when your novice wife with a laptop knows more about football than the Cowboy coaching staff.

Frenzy
11-09-2009, 08:24 PM
You just looked?...you didn't say "i dunno"

that comes in handy.