PDA

View Full Version : "Thank You" cards for the overjoyed Dallas Cowboys fan

Spursfan092120
11-09-2009, 03:45 PM
"Thank You" Cards for the Overjoyed Dallas Cowboys' Fan

http://cdn.bleacherreport.com/images_root/user_pictures/0014/1740/tinyblueface_small.jpg (http://bleacherreport.com/users/139336-Gene-Strother) by Gene Strother (http://bleacherreport.com/users/139336-Gene-Strother)

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/286955-thank-you-cards-for-the-overjoyed-dallas-cowboys-fan

http://cdn.bleacherreport.com/images_root/images/photos/000/750/876/92904151.jpg.32699.0_feature.jpg?1257779786
Al Bello/Getty Images

On this glorious Monday morning in Dallas, the morning after the biggest Cowboys win in two years, this enterprising entrepreneur is busy designing "Thank You" cards for the Cowboys fan too busy to write his own. The window for such a venture is very, very small, so I am wasting no time.
Here are a few of the offerings from the newly-formed Silver-and-Blue-Blood Hallmark Moment Press.

To Andy Reid
Dear Coach Reid,
Thank you for angering the football gods, annoying the officials, and poking Philadelphia fans in their bloodshot eyes, waving red flags like a demented matador with a death wish, and kicking a useless field goal with precious little time left and no timeouts in your pocket.
PS: My brother thinks you have David Akers on your fantasy team. Is this true?

To Victor Butler
Victor,
Thank you for making a play every single time you get an opportunity to do so (which is not very often, for some reason known only to Wade Phillips). Your shoestring tackle of Donovan McNabb was a game-saver. We owe you. More importantly, Wade owes you a closer look.

To Tony Romo
Tony,
Thank you for growing up before our eyes. You turned your cap around, protected the football, withstood the blitz storm, made just enough positive plays, took sacks rather than throwing the ball up for grabs, and didn't once use the word "fun" in your post-game interview.

To Miles Austin
Mr. Austin,
Thank you for being the anti-T.O.

To Roy Williams
R.W.,
Thank you for navigating your way through all the "baiting" by local media types without going all T.O. on everybody.

To DeMarcus Ware
DeMarcus,
Thank you. Just...thank you.

To Greg Ellis
Greg,
Thank you for taking your bitching to Oakland. You would not believe the difference in attitude now that you are not a "team-leader," and Keith Brooking is.

To the Month of November
Thank you for being so kind to Romo and his Cowboys. Thirteen straight wins under your umbrella. No one has done that since 1950. Oh, and thank you for Thanksgiving and turkey and football (and family that helps eat the turkey and doesn't interfere with the football).

To Santa
Dear Santa,
All I want for Christmas is a December to remember for something besides late-season collapses.
Thanks.

These are just a few of the cards we are rolling out for the elated fan. Get yours now! Supplies are limited.

Read Gene at silverandblueblood.com (http://silverandblueblood.com/)

Drachen
11-09-2009, 03:49 PM
[QUOTE=Spursfan092120]
PS: My brother thinks you have David Akers on your fantasy team. Is this true?
[QUOTE]

I do! Thank you Andy Reid!

J.T.
11-09-2009, 10:07 PM
Once again bromosexual, we don't need fourteen threads about the day-to-day on life as a Cowboys fan. You have a season thread. Use it. Don't make us do you like we did the UTSA crew.

Spursfan092120
11-09-2009, 11:33 PM
Once again bromosexual, we don't need fourteen threads about the day-to-day on life as a Cowboys fan. You have a season thread. Use it. Don't make us do you like we did the UTSA crew.
:D just throwin it out there.

Dr. Gonzo
11-10-2009, 09:32 AM
I didn't realize the season was over and the Cowboys won the championship. It really seems as much with threads like these.

BUMP
11-10-2009, 10:51 AM

Who died and made you moderator?

SpuronyourFace
11-10-2009, 11:05 AM

Exactly, J.T., why don't you go moderate a dick..mkay.

benefactor
11-10-2009, 01:35 PM
I didn't realize the season was over and the Cowboys won the championship. It really seems as much with threads like these.
Let them be. They need all the postive things they can get before December gets here.

samikeyp
11-10-2009, 01:50 PM
Its a funny article, but IMO should be in the season thread.

Spursfan092120
11-10-2009, 02:07 PM
Let them be. They need all the postive things they can get before December gets here.
Yeah...but it's not that bad..at least we're not the Texans. :toast

Its a funny article, but IMO should be in the season thread.
yeah...probably should have..my bad.

Dr. Gonzo
11-10-2009, 02:20 PM

I'll take 5-4 after 9 games. Having been through the past shit 7 years 5-4 looks fucking great. I'd rather be happy about 5-4 than a douchebag Cowboys fan that believes they are the best team in football after a win against the same team that lost to Oakland.

Goran Dragic
11-10-2009, 02:24 PM
Exactly, J.T., why don't you go moderate a dick..mkay.

No school today?

BUMP
11-10-2009, 02:26 PM
I'll take 5-4 after 9 games.

Pretty sad and pathetic :lol

But then again, what would you expect from a Texans fan?

J.T.
11-10-2009, 02:59 PM

I've always been mod of the NFL forum.

monosylab1k
11-10-2009, 03:04 PM

Then why didn't you ban me after I insulted St. Dungy?

J.T.
11-10-2009, 03:06 PM
Then why didn't you ban me after I insulted St. Dungy?

You should know better than to ask a stoner why he procrastinates.

Spursfan092120
11-10-2009, 03:42 PM
I'll take 5-4 after 9 games. Having been through the past shit 7 years 5-4 looks fucking great. I'd rather be happy about 5-4 than a douchebag Cowboys fan that believes they are the best team in football after a win against the same team that lost to Oakland.
Who said we're the best team in football? I know I didn't. We're not even the best team in the NFC right now...maybe 3rd.

BUMP
11-10-2009, 04:35 PM

Colts suck dick

J.T.
11-10-2009, 04:36 PM
Cowboys suck dick

:tu

Whisky Dog
11-10-2009, 05:22 PM
Lol fucking pussies trying to be mods. Why the fuck do you fags care how many threads are made when it's not even your site? Go ahead 90210, start a thread every time Romo bangs a new blonde or Wade eats another jelly doughnut - fuck these wannabe rulers. I bet these bitches all volunteered to be hall monitors in school

symple19
11-10-2009, 05:26 PM
Lol fucking pussies trying to be mods. Why the fuck do you fags care how many threads are made when it's not even your site? Go ahead 90210, start a thread every time Romo bangs a new blonde or Wade eats another jelly doughnut - fuck these wannabe rulers. I bet these bitches all volunteered to be hall monitors in school

lol cowboys

SpuronyourFace
11-10-2009, 06:07 PM
No school today?

Yes, J.T., I have classes 5 days a week.

SpuronyourFace
11-10-2009, 06:10 PM

lol Texan fan putting words Cowboys fan mouth because making shit up is the best he can come up with :lol

SpuronyourFace
11-10-2009, 06:14 PM
Pretty sad and pathetic :lol

But then again, what would you expect from a Texans fan?

After some deliberation, we should go easy on Texan fan this week. Its was a horrible football weekend for them since Matt Shaub cost them a chance to get a win at Indy. That, along with the "hated" Cowboys winning has got to be tough on them.

Spursfan092120
11-10-2009, 07:46 PM
lol cowboys
lol 3-5

BUMP
11-10-2009, 08:32 PM
It was funny seeing Andy Reid throw those 2 challenge flags and listening to the Eagles players and fans going crazy acting like they were gonna get overturned, then booing both times when it didn't.

Seeing those fans turn on their own team time after time, never gets old

Spursfan092120
11-10-2009, 10:57 PM
It was funny seeing Andy Reid throw those 2 challenge flags and listening to the Eagles players and fans going crazy acting like they were gonna get overturned, then booing both times when it didn't.

Seeing those fans turn on their own team time after time, never gets old
lol...I was thinking the same thing during the game..."wouldn't it be nice if they didn't get overturned..." lmao...priceless.

SpursNextRomanEmpire
11-11-2009, 12:36 AM
This is south Texas you dumbass, lots of Cowboys fans around here if you havent figured it out already. Have you noticed how many people make threads about the San Antonio Spurs? Thats right, alot, because the Spurs are from here

Obstructed_View
11-11-2009, 01:41 AM

Hard to realize much of anything if you don't actually read.

To the Month of November
Thank you for being so kind to Romo and his Cowboys. Thirteen straight wins under your umbrella. No one has done that since 1950. Oh, and thank you for Thanksgiving and turkey and football (and family that helps eat the turkey and doesn't interfere with the football).

To Santa
Dear Santa,
All I want for Christmas is a December to remember for something besides late-season collapses.
Thanks.

benefactor
11-11-2009, 06:24 AM

Hate to inform you of this, but if you like in Texas...you're a Texan. :king

SpurNation
11-11-2009, 09:02 AM
Thank you Mike Jenkins for playing like a seasoned vet in only your rookie season.

Spursfan092120
11-11-2009, 12:24 PM
Hate to inform you of this, but if you like in Texas...you're a Texan. :king
:lol OK..in that form, you got me.

Obstructed_View
11-11-2009, 02:57 PM
Thank you Mike Jenkins for playing like a seasoned vet in only your rookie season.

I don't think this is his rookie season. He matadored on that touchdown run against the Giants last year, didn't he?

Spursfan092120
11-11-2009, 03:52 PM
I don't think this is his rookie season. He matadored on that touchdown run against the Giants last year, didn't he?
yeah..I was wondering that too...I just posted the article...he was Anthony Henry's backup last year.

SpurNation
11-11-2009, 05:51 PM
Sorry...2nd year for Mike Jenkins.

But Thank You none the less.

LoneStarState'sPride
11-13-2009, 02:23 AM
Mike Jenkins just changed his number from 31 to 21 this season. I must say, his play is improving by leaps and bounds.

J.T.
11-13-2009, 07:01 AM
Yes, J.T., I have classes 5 days a week.

Something about Cowboys fans and trolls, I don't know what it is. First, 90210 starts this currently ongoing habit of responding to obvious trolls as if they are real posters, and now you have falsely identified two trolls as me. Good fucking riddance.

DBryant88
11-13-2009, 08:58 AM
Mike Jenkins

1st Round
25th Pick
2008 Draft