PDA

View Full Version : Its not too late for duncan....

gasolina
11-09-2009, 11:10 PM
to complete his resume.

I've been going over Tim Duncan's career (milestones,achievements,awards,etc.)and noticed that he practically has everything -- NBA championships, MVPs,ROY,All-NBA selections,Collegiate awards,etc. except an Olympic Gold medal or a FIBA Championship Gold medal.

But its not too late. He can join the 2010 team or the 2012 USA teams and win it before he retires. All the greats have at least a Gold medal in their hoops resume (Robinson,Jordan,Magic,Shaq,etc.) It would be nice if TD gets his too.

duncan228
11-09-2009, 11:15 PM
Duncan made it quite clear he was done with the Olympics. He won't have a Gold on his resume.

The real shame imo is that he didn't get a DPOY. There were a couple of years where he deserved it. Unfortunately, that time is gone and he'll retire without one.

His resume is incredible even with those two voids. He'll go down as one of the greatest to ever play no matter what happens the rest of his career.

exstatic
11-09-2009, 11:17 PM
"Fuck FIBA" - Tim Duncan

I also can't see him helping out Jerry Colangelo, one of Pop's arch enemies.

duncan228
11-09-2009, 11:19 PM
:lol It was 'FIBA sucks'.

spectator
11-09-2009, 11:52 PM
Duncan made it quite clear he was done with the Olympics. He won't have a Gold on his resume.

The real shame imo is that he didn't get a DPOY. There were a couple of years where he deserved it. Unfortunately, that time is gone and he'll retire without one.

His resume is incredible even with those two voids. He'll go down as one of the greatest to ever play no matter what happens the rest of his career.

i remember that; i think he finished second 2 years in a row after camby and ben wallace

Phenomanul
11-10-2009, 12:00 AM
:lol It was 'FIBA sucks'.

yep... Duncan's quotes are far more memorable... :lol

Sean Cagney
11-10-2009, 12:07 AM
i remember that; i think he finished second 2 years in a row after camby and ben wallace

Yeah Bowen got robbed of one or two himself! Duncan got the title over Ben that year though and outplayed him and Sheed in the FINALS for his 3rd so I would say that is nice in itself.

OrEmuN
11-10-2009, 12:20 AM
Nah ... Duncan does not need to win the Olympics to complete his resume.

He just need to win 2 more rings (this yr and following) and become GOAT. Better/equal than MJ!:lobt2::lobt2:

HarlemHeat37
11-10-2009, 12:29 AM
I've never really heard the Olympics used in all-time arguments when it comes to non-international players..

Bill Simmons ranked Timmy #7 all-time in his book and has a great section about him, great read..