PDA

View Full Version : Bonner played well tonight.... props....

phyzik
11-09-2009, 11:19 PM
Granted it was against the Raptors but it was good to see him actually attacking the rim once in a while as a big man should.

He still shouldnt be starting though.

Spurs Brazil
11-09-2009, 11:20 PM
Props to Bonner

That dunk got him going

Nice game for Dice and Bogans too

HarlemHeat37
11-09-2009, 11:21 PM
Bonner isn't a bad player at all when he's being relied on for his offense..when he's coming off the bench, he's gonna be playing against lesser frontcourt players(he did match up against Bargs a little tonight though)..

McDyess keeps looking better as time goes by, so I'm hoping he'll eventually be the starter, and Bonner can be a very good spark off the bench..

peskypesky
11-09-2009, 11:21 PM
Thank you, Matt. Now get your ass back on the bench!

noob cake
11-09-2009, 11:22 PM
A 6-10 C/PF grabbed 4 rebounds in 34 minutes?

ElNono
11-09-2009, 11:22 PM
I give him props because I think he hustled too. He also confirmed the theory that if he is hitting his shots, he can help this team.

Extra props because while he didn't space the floor for Duncan today, he spaced it for himself, including a fairly pretty dunk!

rayray2k8
11-09-2009, 11:24 PM
Tonight's game was the highlight of the season for him..
He will not, I repeat, he will NOT have another performance like he did tonight against the Crapters.

VivaPopovich
I give him props because I think he hustled too. He also confirmed the theory that if he is hitting his shots, he can help this team.

No, that's not necessarily correct. If he hits shots but it comes at the expense of poor defense, it is a detriment.

They were playing against the Raptors. The raptors suck

if he's hitting his shots he's not 100% useless and it's better than not hitting his shots

but if he doesnt box out, get rebounds, man up, block shots, set good screens then he shouldnt be starting PF/C and playing as much minutes as he's playing. scoring points is great, but not at the expense of being the biggest defensive liability on the team.

We want to beat LA/Celtics for the championship, not score a lot of points

Chomag
IS it realy smart to be gaging players against Toronto's defence?

After saying that Props to him he did step it up.

TinTin
11-09-2009, 11:26 PM
As much as I hate bonner, it was nice to see him actually drive to the basket and hustle for rebounds something which we are not used to see him (or the rest of the spurs team lately) doing

Big ups man but please do the same thing coming off the bench

easy7
11-09-2009, 11:27 PM
Well, if he plays like that from now on, it's on... :toast

VivaPopovich
As much as I hate bonner, it was nice to see him actually drive to the basket and hustle for rebounds something which we are not used to see him (or the rest of the spurs team lately) doing

Big ups man but please do the same thing coming off the bench

Yeah, he is getting better at doing the things a PF should be doing

His sole worth shouldnt be only measured by whether or not he hits his 3's

Does he do the things a PF should do? Is he getting better at it? Is he at least trying?

easy7
Well, if he plays like that from now on, it's on. :toast I will be watching ....

phyzik
11-09-2009, 11:28 PM
No, that's not necessarily correct.

if he's hitting his shots he's not 100% useless and it's better than not hitting his shots

but if he doesnt box out, get rebounds, man up, block shots, set good screens then he shouldnt be starting PF/C and playing as much minutes as he's playing. scoring points is great, but not at the expense of being the biggest defensive liability on the team.

We want to beat LA/Celtics for the championship not score a lot of points

Like I said, it was the Raptors, irregardless of that he played tough on both ends (for Matt bonner anyways). I still dont want him starting but he gave no reason to hate on him tonight.

peskypesky
11-09-2009, 11:29 PM
maybe Bonner's turned the corner?

draft87
11-09-2009, 11:29 PM
He still shouldnt be starting though.

he didn't ...... but good for you for being the bigger man and giving positive feedback when it's been earned

phyzik
11-09-2009, 11:30 PM
he didn't ...... but good for you for being the bigger man and giving positive feedback when it's been earned

Sorry, I missed the first part of the game because of the FSN screwup with TWC. I thought he started. Still, he did well. Who started in his place?

raspsa
11-09-2009, 11:32 PM
He's got talent.. consistency is what he needs.

TinTin
Yeah, he is getting better at doing the things a PF should be doing

His sole worth shouldnt be only measured by whether or not he hits his 3's

Does he do the things a PF should do? Is he getting better at it? Is he at least trying?

I dont understand your 2nd and 3rd line. Are you agreeing with me or no?

Sorry I was studying for a midterm and my brain is afk

ElNono
No, that's not necessarily correct. If he hits shots but it comes at the expense of poor defense, it is a detriment.

We want to beat LA/Celtics for the championship, not score a lot of points

It's a grinding 82 games season. When you're missing 2 of your top 3 guys and you can't work on setting up a rotation, etc and you have these games, he can help you.
Against certain teams that respect his shot, he can help.

I agree he won't against the top teams, but you don't play those every night.

benefactor
11-09-2009, 11:33 PM
This is the Bonner we need...maybe not 18ppg, but a Bonner that comes in off the bench for 15-20 minutes and makes a few plays from distance or off the dribble. Great job Matt. Way to step up tonight.

angelbelow
11-09-2009, 11:35 PM
Liked his energy tonight, i agree that he should come off the bench though, he would play well as a energizer guy.

mVp
11-09-2009, 11:36 PM
This was Bonner's good game of the year, don't expect another performance like this out of him till next season lol

benefactor
11-09-2009, 11:39 PM
Plus there was this....

http://i38.tinypic.com/10z1m51.gif

mVp
11-09-2009, 11:48 PM
Plus there was this....

Only Raptors D can make that happen... I can't find a better explanation for that play, I mean, you know your D sucks when Matt freaking Bonner is dunking on you :lol

Austin_Toros
11-10-2009, 12:01 AM
i don't think one good game will win over spurs fans.

SequSpur
11-10-2009, 12:05 AM
Come on Man...

SamoanTD
11-10-2009, 12:06 AM
Plus there was this....

KOBE! :lol

SequSpur
11-10-2009, 12:06 AM
Thank you, Matt. Now get your ass back on the bench!

A 6-10 C/PF grabbed 4 rebounds in 34 minutes?

Plus there was this....

i don't think one good game will win over spurs fans.

Come on Man...
:blah

intlspurshk
11-10-2009, 12:51 AM
He was from raptors and hence this should give him some advantages. But I am consistent to hate him because he suck against all playoff teams,no matter how much he score against other suck teams

raspsa
11-10-2009, 01:06 AM
Bonner played great in the win vs. Celtics last season then never reached the same level again. Hopefully this game vs. the Raptors doesn't follow the same trend.

Chieflion
11-10-2009, 02:04 AM
I am guessing the Raptors will make the playoffs. Bosh and Bargnani are average defenders but when you add Calderon to the mix, it screws everyone up. However, their offense has been very fluid. They will get the 6th seed or something. Bonner took advantage of the holes and did what he could.

Tp9gospursgo
11-10-2009, 02:07 AM
He did better coming off the bench. Maybe pop will learn from this. He played so much better coming from the bench, but still sucked on defense but hey you win some you lose some.

Riverwalkman
11-10-2009, 02:18 AM
I am guessing the Raptors will make the playoffs. Bosh and Bargnani are average defenders but when you add Calderon to the mix, it screws everyone up. However, their offense has been very fluid. They will get the 6th seed or something. Bonner took advantage of the holes and did what he could.
They are good on paper, but I've watched their last two games, and their defense sucked so bad. Tonight's game Triano seems to have lost control to the team in 4 qtr defensively and offensively. As for play-offs run, anyhow they are in east.

Cant_Be_Faded
11-10-2009, 02:22 AM
I watched it fifteen times but i still do not understand how Bonner got that dunk. It really was a once in a hundred thing. The dude would have seriously gotten jammed by the rim any other night. I've never seen him get even close to that much lift off of one foot. Can you imagine the threads had he got jammed?

LOL.
BTW that dunk did not get Bonner going tonight. Manu got Bonner going tonight.

#2!
11-10-2009, 02:49 AM
BTW that dunk did not get Bonner going tonight. Manu got Bonner going tonight.

Agreed. Bonner has played well with Manu all season so it just makes sense to have him as apart of our stellar second unit. Someone will be losing minutes between Bonner, Blair, and Ratliff come playoff time, but each one is a great plug-in player depending on what the team needs.

Chieflion
11-10-2009, 04:46 AM
They are good on paper, but I've watched their last two games, and their defense sucked so bad. Tonight's game Triano seems to have lost control to the team in 4 qtr defensively and offensively. As for play-offs run, anyhow they are in east.
It is common for a coach in his first year in for the full season to choke. The Raptors need a good defensive system to cover up their defensive weaknesses but they don't have one.

AussieFanKurt
11-10-2009, 04:51 AM
I wanna see matt throwing down dunks every night now

spurspokesman
11-10-2009, 07:33 AM
Only Raptors D can make that happen... I can't find a better explanation for that play, I mean, you know your D sucks when Matt freaking Bonner is dunking on you :lol
Yup. The sun shines on a dogs ass every now and then. He still sucks.

DieMrBond
11-10-2009, 07:56 AM
I wonder what the over/under is for us passing last years total dunks for the season... 10 games at this rate...

TDMVPDPOY
11-10-2009, 07:58 AM
lol contract season for bonner...

quentin_compson
11-10-2009, 09:44 AM
Good performance by Bonner. :tu

He played aggressive, confident and with a lot of energy. It would be great if he could deliver like that on a regular basis (coming off the bench).

peacemaker885
11-10-2009, 09:55 AM
Great job Matt! Just continue to be aggressive and look for your shot!