PDA

View Full Version : My favortie game this season

Dice
11-09-2009, 11:26 PM
Man, that was a lot of fun. Loved the energy by all the guys out there. The game was exciting from start to finish and I can't honestly say I wouldn't have enjoyed it almost as much even if the Spurs had lost.

George Hill looked fantastic. Jefferson played great. Some guy who looked a lot like Bonner played some really good ball out there (honest to god, if he played with that same energy every game I don't think I'd complain as much about him). And Manu looked like his all-star self.

One thing I thought was another positive is that even though some guys were off (McDyess, Mason) the team still found a way to get it done. You can tell there's still some confusion on both offense and defense but they were able to make hustle plays and big stops/steals/blocks when they really counted.

Maybe it was just because I got to see a lot more of the guys on the court but everyone's game looked better tonight.

If I was going to have one complaint that did (and has been) get to me is that McDyess is gambling too much on D. He and sometimes his teammates are getting burned because of it. The last few steals at the end were good though.

I could watch this Spurs team all year long and even if they didn't win a championship I'd still enjoy it.

TinTin
11-09-2009, 11:39 PM
One thing you would have to agree on Mcdyess is that he started looking a lot better both offensively (not his jumpers) and defensively as the game went on.

There was this one play where manu passed it to mcdyess and he just took a jumper

Then the commentator said that dice has to trust manu and he will score (something along those lines)

Next play, dice passes it back to manu, manu sucks the d in and passes it back to dice and dice tries to dunk it, fails but gets a call

I think the confusion will slowly go away as the team chemistry develops

Apart from that, agree with everything

superjames1992
11-09-2009, 11:41 PM
I could have used a little more defense, but the Spurs' offense was sure fun to watch!

benefactor
11-09-2009, 11:43 PM
Your boy's rebounding was huge tonight. Props to Dice.

raspsa
11-09-2009, 11:56 PM
Nice to see the team respond with 2 of the big 3 out. Its that "bunker mentality" when you're under attack and you look around at all your buddies and know all you have are each other if you want to pull through.. worked wonders tonight and they need to have the same attitude in the coming games.

mVp
11-09-2009, 11:59 PM
It was fun indeed! we gotta improve our D, but the offense sure looked good tonight.

HarlemHeat37
11-10-2009, 12:05 AM
McDyess is looking better and better every game, and he doesn't even have the usual automatic mid-range J on yet..if he can eventually start and Bonner can spark off the bench, we'll be in fine shape..

ShoogarBear
11-10-2009, 12:10 AM
Fun game, but fool's gold. That was a Phoenix Sun 2005-2007 type victory. Without Duncan and Parker, you'll take any win at all, but the deficiencies from the first five games are still not addressed.

DPG21920
11-10-2009, 12:12 AM
Very true, but they were between a rock and a hard place. How can they address things with their two best players out?

SequSpur
11-10-2009, 12:15 AM
Fun game, but fool's gold. That was a Phoenix Sun 2005-2007 type victory. Without Duncan and Parker, you'll take any win at all, but the deficiencies from the first five games are still not addressed.

http://melodyshop.nl/shop/images/lotto2.gif

Ice009
11-10-2009, 12:15 AM
Very true, but they were between a rock and a hard place. How can they address things with their two best players out?

lol some people just don't think sometimes do they?