PDA

View Full Version : should Pop.....

Jdspur20
04-19-2005, 10:58 AM
sit most of our starters for the t-wolves game??? or should we go out and win our 60th game??? any thoughts?

T Park
04-19-2005, 11:02 AM
I think you rest Parker and Ginobili.

Play everyone else, even Rasho.

Duncan, maybe about 29 30 minutes, just so that he keeps getting worked back in.

Other than that, once again, make it an over glorified scrimmage.

bonesinaz
04-19-2005, 11:06 AM
If Rasho is on IR, doesn't he have to sit for 5 games? I think that this will be the 5th.

FromWayDowntown
04-19-2005, 11:13 AM
Pop's statements after last night's game seemed to indicate that he's going to play the regular group for some minutes in Minnesota, I guess to help them find some rhythm and regain some familiarity with each other. I assume that doesn't include Rasho, since Pop had, at one point, declared Rasho done for the regular season. But I'd expect Parker, Ginobili, and Duncan to play for at least some parts of Wednesday's game.

I'd also expect (and hope) to see much, much more of Glenn Robinson.

T Park
04-19-2005, 11:16 AM
Rasho's fifth game was last night I believe.

Plus, Im gonna take what Tony Parker said, with much more consideration, than Pop.

HB22inSA
04-19-2005, 11:40 AM
I say you rest everyone and let the bench play this one.

60 wins is not nearly as important as being fresh to start the playoffs.

Because in the playoffs, it's 0-0.

Jimcs50
04-19-2005, 12:29 PM
Fuck resting Parker, he already missed a game...he needs to get his timing down with TD. The pick and roll with TD and him need to be practiced a lot before the playoffs.

Rest Manu only.

Jimcs50
04-19-2005, 12:30 PM
I say you rest everyone and let the bench play this one.

60 wins is not nearly as important as being fresh to start the playoffs.

Because in the playoffs, it's 0-0.

dude, are the Spurs playing well together since TD came back????

They are 1-2 for God's sake.

rest only Manu, this team needs some major tuning up.

MadDog73
04-19-2005, 12:36 PM
Ahh, but both losses were close with starters missing in the last minutes (Tim is first loss, Tony in second). That said, I agree, we have not played really great together yet and could use the practice.

So, will Wilks get major minutes? Will he play for Beno?

bigbendbruisebrother
04-19-2005, 12:50 PM
Pop should continue to tinker with the offensive and defensive adjustments. He needs to get Beno more PT with Nazr, Tim and GRob. GRob needs more time with Tim on the floor. One of the things that is great about getting GRob is that he will help open things up for Tim.

Pop is also NOT going to show any new plays until the playoffs begin (CIA). Look for a lot of motion offense and different rotations with the standard plays in the half-court set.

Rest is not as big an issue (except for The Ankle). Once the playoffs begin, Manu will get at least two days off between each game, and Tony should be fine.

A win would be nice, but I doubt they're worried about it.

These games will make us more dominant in the playoffs, but they're not much fun to watch.

MadDog73
04-19-2005, 12:57 PM
Question is, will the T-Wolves come out and play? Will KG play major minutes?

With nothing on the line, I expect a very conservative, boring game. Oh, well, I'll still watch it!

EDIT: Did Wilks earn a playoff spot yesterday? Or is Devin Brown in?

(Johnson and Marks are out)

Jimcs50
04-19-2005, 01:03 PM
KG is questionable for the game.

bigbendbruisebrother
04-19-2005, 01:09 PM
Question is, will the T-Wolves come out and play? Will KG play major minutes?

With nothing on the line, I expect a very conservative, boring game. Oh, well, I'll still watch it!

EDIT: Did Wilks earn a playoff spot yesterday? Or is Devin Brown in?

(Johnson and Marks are out)

If Pop is using yesterday as a gauge, Wilks is out. He was unable to get the ball to the right folks at the right time down the stretch (he was totally blind to the fact that GRob was on the floor, and he was our leading scorer). When Beno checked out, we were totally in control.

Personally, I think the three should be: Wilks, Brown and LJ3. There is no sense risking Devin's career. As I understand the injury, it has weakened the muscles in his left leg, which could lead put his knee at risk.

baseline bum
04-19-2005, 01:09 PM
The only thing on the line vs the Pups is a 60 win season. I don't really care one way or the other though. I'd rather play the starters maybe 15 minutes and give Glenn Robinson a lot of time on the floor. After seeing what he did last vs. Memphis I think I'd take him over Devin on the playoff roster.

timvp
04-19-2005, 01:11 PM
The only thing on the line vs the Pups is a 60 win season. I don't really care one way or the other though. I'd rather play the starters maybe 15 minutes and give Glenn Robinson a lot of time on the floor. After seeing what he did last vs. Memphis I think I'd take him over Devin on the playoff roster.

I thought you hated GRob?

Why the change?

MadDog73
04-19-2005, 03:58 PM
Good, Base sees the light. Thing is, you don't need to take Robinson over Devin.

Leave Johnson, Marks and Wilks off. Unless you'd rather take Wilks, and leave Devin.

It's a toss-up at this point.