PDA

View Full Version : Hannity using footage from 2 months ago as supposed health care rally?

Cant_Be_Faded
11-11-2009, 01:53 AM
Anyone watch the daily show?

Hannity was talking about this fictional huge anti-health care rally, and showed footage from the glen beck show two months ago that was a 9-12 rally.

FoxNews is really really starting to test new grounds in American televised propaganda.....Why aren't more people worried about this.

It's kind of freaky if you think about it.

DMX7
11-11-2009, 02:56 AM
I saw that. Pretty funny unless you consider that republicans actually eat this shit up. Scary.

Spurminator
11-11-2009, 01:41 PM
al Foxzeera

clambake
11-11-2009, 01:51 PM
wish i coulda seen that.

admiralsnackbar
11-11-2009, 02:03 PM
What's funny is how little respect the people who put that segment together have for their viewers' intelligence. They didn't even try to match footage from similar-looking days... one clip was overcast and featured green leaves on the trees, the next showed a clear day with autumn-shorn trees.

clambake
11-11-2009, 02:23 PM
where's the footage? somebody share.

clambake
11-11-2009, 02:24 PM
DarrinS is always, and i mean always posting youtube videos.

you think he'll post this one?

rjv
11-11-2009, 02:49 PM
good old faux news

Jacob1983
11-11-2009, 02:59 PM
Why do you care about a kool aid drinker like Hannity? The man is a joke and I think most people know it. Besides, I think it's funny when liberals especially FOX News haters bash FOX News because the network gets better ratings than left leaning MSNBC and CNN. I will give CNN credit. They are more neutral and balanced than FOX News or MSNBC.

Duff McCartney
11-11-2009, 03:01 PM
http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/tue-november-10-2009/sean-hannity-uses-glenn-beck-s-protest-footage

Duff McCartney
11-11-2009, 03:02 PM
Why do you care about a kool aid drinker like Hannity? The man is a joke and I think most people know it. Besides, I think it's funny when liberals especially FOX News haters bash FOX News because the network gets better ratings than left leaning MSNBC and CNN. I will give CNN credit. They are more neutral and balanced than FOX News or MSNBC.

I'm pretty sure Daily Show/Colbert Report bash Fox news because of the lack of journalism and integrity in their programs. Not because they get better ratings.

clambake
11-11-2009, 03:12 PM
:lol thanks duff.

Cry Havoc
11-11-2009, 03:20 PM
FOX News haters bash FOX News because the network gets better ratings than left leaning MSNBC and CNN.

Britney Spears sells more albums than any classical musicians or opera singers.

For the jillionth time, popularity != quality

DarrinS
11-11-2009, 04:57 PM
FoxNews is really really starting to test new grounds in American televised propaganda.....Why aren't more people worried about this.

Not really. MSNBC's been doing this for a long time.

Like when they were trying to label people at tea party protests as crazed, gun toting, racists and then showed a video of this man, which was edited to conceal the fact that he was African-American.

If Fox used a fake video, they should be called out. Just don't be a fucking hypocrite about it.

UYKQJ4-N7LI

OfGF-wI6KUw

clambake
11-11-2009, 04:59 PM
why didn't you post it, D?

spursncowboys
11-11-2009, 05:09 PM
Darren, you are assuming Daily Show is telling the truth.

clambake
11-11-2009, 05:12 PM

"i bet it was planted", thats what i think WC would say...but he's not here.

DarrinS
11-11-2009, 05:48 PM

I didn't watch the clip from the Daily Show. Either that website sucks or they're getting a lot of traffic. I didn't have the patience to wait for all that buffering.

Ignignokt
11-11-2009, 05:52 PM
Anyone watch the daily show?

Hannity was talking about this fictional huge anti-health care rally, and showed footage from the glen beck show two months ago that was a 9-12 rally.

It's kind of freaky if you think about it.

WHy overlook Msnbc's editing job of the black gun carrying citizen?

Do you only hate hypocrisy on Fox?

Ignignokt
11-11-2009, 05:53 PM
Britney Spears sells more albums than any classical musicians or opera singers.

For the jillionth time, popularity != quality

For that matter, Rufus Wainwright sells more albums than chamber musicians.

DarrinS
11-11-2009, 05:54 PM
I finally saw the whole video.

Yep, that was some bullshit.

Good call Jon Stewart.

Ignignokt
11-11-2009, 05:58 PM
All this means is that FoxNews is held to a higher standard, by liberals.

Crookshanks
11-11-2009, 06:07 PM
Obama Grants FOXNEWS Interview, DRUDGE has learned; Major Garrett will conduct interview in China next week...

I guess Obama decided he should give an interview to the station that people actually watch!

Spurminator
11-11-2009, 06:32 PM

Who's overlooking anything? They both suck.

Jacob1983
11-11-2009, 11:34 PM
It cracks me up to see people get their panties in a wad over FOX News. It's a fuckin tv channel. No one is making you watch it.

iggypop123
11-12-2009, 12:51 AM
http://mediadecoder.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/11/11/hannity-admits-to-using-incorrect-video/

DMX7
11-12-2009, 01:54 AM
-0bzYL2kAiU

Cant_Be_Faded
11-12-2009, 02:21 AM

Cuz for every 1 idiot that watches MSNBC there are a hundred thousand idiots(mostly senile but avid voting) who watch Fox News.

ChumpDumper
11-12-2009, 04:54 AM
WHy overlook Msnbc's editing job of the black gun carrying citizen?That was also bad, but at least it was the actual guy and not some other guy they taped two months earlier.

No excuse for either.

smeagol
11-12-2009, 08:03 AM
Cuz for every 1 idiot that watches MSNBC there are a hundred thousand idiots(mostly senile but avid voting) who watch Fox News.

Lame excuse . . .

smeagol
11-12-2009, 08:05 AM
That was also bad, but at least it was the actual guy and not some other guy they taped two months earlier.

No excuse for either.

You say "No excuse for either" but in the first paragraph you come up with an excuse for MSNBC . . .

admiralsnackbar
11-12-2009, 09:01 AM
I love that Hannity says his staff "inadvertently" mixed footage that was several months old with footage of the actual event. It was just lying around and they spliced it in?

Spurminator
11-12-2009, 01:34 PM
It cracks me up to see people get their panties in a wad over al Jazeera. It's a fuckin tv channel. No one is making you watch it.

ChumpDumper
11-12-2009, 01:36 PM
You say "No excuse for either" but in the first paragraph you come up with an excuse for MSNBC . . .I didn't. I just portrayed is at marginally better than Fox, saying it could have been worse -- like Fox was.

No excuse for either.

DarrinS
11-12-2009, 01:39 PM
I didn't. I just portrayed is at marginally better than Fox, saying it could have been worse -- like Fox was.

No excuse for either.

Yeah, Fox used a video to exaggerate numbers at a protest --- MSNBC used a video as a pretext to talk about racism and possible attempts on Obama's life. Yeah, Fox was worse.

:rolleyes

spursncowboys
11-12-2009, 01:42 PM
Maybe CNN can take a clue from that. Even thought they slandered another person's name and all Hannity's producer did was get a wrong video. This shows the level of credibility that Hannity and Fox hold and maintain in a market overloaded with partisan drive by's.

ChumpDumper
11-12-2009, 01:49 PM
Yeah, Fox used a video to exaggerate numbers at a protest --- MSNBC used a video as a pretext to talk about racism and possible attempts on Obama's life. Yeah, Fox was worse.

:rolleyesIn that it wasn't even footage of what they said it was, yes.

No excuse for either.

ChumpDumper
11-12-2009, 01:50 PM
Maybe CNN can take a clue from that. Even thought they slandered another person's name and all Hannity's producer did was get a wrong video. This shows the level of credibility that Hannity and Fox hold and maintain in a market overloaded with partisan drive by's.:lol at "inadvertent" -- do they not have date codes on Fox News video?

spursncowboys
11-12-2009, 01:57 PM
:lol at "inadvertent" -- do they not have date codes on Fox News video?

I didn't imply that troll.

doobs
11-12-2009, 01:57 PM
Did MSNBC ever acknowledge their mistake? Did they admit they were intentionally trying to hide that man's race to advance a narrative? Did they say oops we messed up? Did they say anything at all?

I'm asking because I don't know.

ChumpDumper
11-12-2009, 02:02 PM
I didn't imply that troll.Hannity said it, idiot.

ChumpDumper
11-12-2009, 02:03 PM
Did MSNBC ever acknowledge their mistake? Did they admit they were intentionally trying to hide that man's race to advance a narrative? Did they say oops we messed up? Did they say anything at all?

I'm asking because I don't know.Nobody watches MSNBC, so who would know?

rjv
11-12-2009, 02:04 PM
i like the way hannity thanks stewart for watching his show. that is what they do dumbass! they make fun of the news!

DMX7
11-12-2009, 04:05 PM
i like the way hannity thanks stewart for watching his show. that is what they do dumbass! they make fun of the news!

Hannity was just letting him know that they care more about ratings than the news. No surprise there.

Jacob1983
11-13-2009, 03:54 AM
Why do you care about Hannity says or thinks? Seriously, if you think he is a joke then why would you care about what he says or thinks? Besides, he's on FOX News so that means that he is a complete idiot and lousy excuse for a human being.

DarkReign
11-13-2009, 09:54 AM
Hannity was just letting him know that they care more about ratings than the news. No surprise there.

Recent court procedures and rulings confirm this.

Say what you want about Fox vs MSNBC vs CNN vs Huff vs Drudge...whatever.

Bottom line, they all signed themselves as "Friends of Fox" in the upcoming Supreme Court ruling that basically determines whether these "news" networks can knowingly lie to you.

Like the gun-toting Black guy being trimmed out...

Like re-using old footage...

Like lying about Palin's granddaughter being her daughter...

Youre all much better off finding some other venue to get your news. I havent watched network news since the election and probably wont until the next one either.

Because the moment they win in the Supreme Court (and they will easily), it will be a new lease on the news cycle to fabricate and outright lie about everything their network has an interest in, political or financial.

Robert Murdoch is heavily invested in an international offshore drilling company? "BREAKING NEWS: Largest Oil reserve ever found right off our shores!!! Obama wont tap that ass, surprised...outraged?"

Ted Turner has a vested interest in the outcome of immigration reform, seeing as his non-television business depends on migrant workers? "NEWS @ 11: Immigrant workers have rare natural resistance to toxic work conditions, study shows. They do jobs Americans wont do!"

Nevermind the more seedy implications this will have, the manipulation of facts and documents to show what Big Brother wants you to see, even if it requires blatant and willful video tampering, splicing or wholesale CGI.

News stations obviously want to be able to lie to us, this way they can control what youre most concerned about. If its a concentrated effort as whole (meaning every news netowrk is in on the gag), they could fabricate anything and everything. It can get bad to worse, good to better at the whims of a few.

Even worse or more telling is the Government's role in this. You think the government has some objection to News stations being able to lie to the American people?! :lmao Shit, if they could, they'd sign themselves as Friend to Fox before Ted Turner got his morning coffee.

You all might as well stop watching television news now as the amount of bullshit youre going to be parroting in the near future is going to relegate you to zombie-idiot status.

Ignignokt
11-13-2009, 01:17 PM
What Fox did was outright lie, but the lie that it spread only hurt their reporting.

What MSNBC did was worse, they incited hatred towards the people they were covering by implicating that they all want to assasinate the President of the US because of his race. Moreso, in this case where fox violated one of the points of the Hippocratic oath, MSNBC voilated all.

JOURNALIST’S OATH

I _______ In obedience to the dictates of my own conscience vow to serve the public with news and information as free of bias and distortion as is within my skill to do so.

I will strive to bring balance, depth and perspective to the work I offer, so it may enlighten and inform.

I will at all times remain mindful of the distinction between opinion and journalism and make it clear in which voice I am speaking.

I will honor the public trust, by refusing to use my influence as a journalist to advance the propaganda of governments, organizations or advertisers.

I will protect the secrecy of my confidential sources to ensure the public’s right to know is not thwarted by conspiracies of silence.

I vow not to libel another person’s character, reputation or legacy.

I affirm my commitment to this noble public trust in concord with all journalists of goodwill and integrity, for the betterment of the communities that I serve.

Specifically with the "i swill protect the sercrecy of my constituents..." in spirit. MSNBC while was not dealing with a source which wished to remain secret, they violated the trust and fiduciary duty to not harm that voice of which they are covering. They deliberately mischaracterised the protesters and had no respect for them.

ChumpDumper
11-13-2009, 01:21 PM
Moreso, in this case where fox violated one of the points of the Hippocratic oathOne?

:lmao

Hippocratic?

:rollin

Ignignokt
11-13-2009, 01:27 PM
One?

Hippocratic?

Yeah bill moyers.. he's an asshole.

D.C. journalist Bill Moyers said, “I wish we (journalists) had a professional Hippocratic Oath of our own that might stir us in the night when we stray from our mission.” http://www.studyjournalism.com/?p=278

Ignignokt
11-13-2009, 01:29 PM
One?

Hippocratic?

Hannity as an oppinion commentator is not bound by some of those points because he is not held to provide balance. He lied, but he didn't libel or slander anybody's character on this occasion, like MSNBC.

ChumpDumper
11-13-2009, 01:30 PM
So it's a Moyeratic Oath.

Which no one actually takes.

:tu

Ignignokt
11-13-2009, 01:32 PM
According to Chump.

Lying about ones achievement is worse than Lying and slandering somebody's character.

Ignignokt
11-13-2009, 01:33 PM
So it's a Moyeratic Oath.

Which no one actually takes.

I guess you didn't see that video of the J school students of columbia who took the oath while reciting a rap song about journalism.

Ignignokt
11-13-2009, 01:34 PM
And Bill Moyers >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Chumpdumper.

ChumpDumper
11-13-2009, 01:36 PM
I guess you didn't see that video of the J school students of columbia who took the oath while reciting a rap song about journalism.The Moyeratic rap oath?

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao :lmao

You are damn entertaining today.

Ignignokt
11-13-2009, 01:40 PM
The Moyeratic rap oath?

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao :lmao

You are damn entertaining today.

You can make fun of Bill Moyers or the way journalism students used a creative way to present journalistic principles while having fun all you want.

That's not the point here.

The point is you're dishonest by saying lying about an accomplishment is worse than lying, misrepresentation, and slander.

You can thank me for keeping this on topic.

rjv
11-13-2009, 01:43 PM
You all might as well stop watching television news now as the amount of bullshit youre going to be parroting in the near future is going to relegate you to zombie-idiot status.

that's old news.

ChumpDumper
11-13-2009, 01:44 PM
You can make fun of Bill Moyers or the way journalism students used a creative way to present journalistic principles while having fun all you want.

That's not the point here. I will make fun of it, because there is no evidence anyone involved is bound by any such oath because some students rapped it.

The point is you're dishonest by saying lying about an accomplishment is worse than lying, misrepresentation, and slander.An accomplishment?

Whose accomplishement?

You can thank me for keeping this on topic.I really think they are equally reprehensible. I just thought more effort was put into the Fox deception. Tape libraries and such.

Tell me who was slandered by msnbc. Were they sued?

Ignignokt
11-13-2009, 01:55 PM
I really think they are equally reprehensible. I just thought more effort was put into the Fox deception. Tape libraries and such.

Contradiction in there eh?

You're such a liar. You earlier excused MSNBC's act.

And MSNBC slandered everyone at the rally by accusing them of inciting racial hatred.

Ignignokt
11-13-2009, 01:58 PM
Whose accomplishement?

Whose accomplishment? Michelle Balkman's rally of which Hannity claims credit and promoted, if you don't even know the background of the whole story why even argue. You're pitiful, comeback once you have actually seen both footages of MSNBC's and FOX's so you could have a proper context.

ChumpDumper
11-13-2009, 02:00 PM
Whose accomplishment? Michelle Balkman's rally of which Hannity claims credit and promoted, if you don't even know the background of the whole story why even argue. You're pitiful, comeback once you have actually seen both footages of MSNBC's and FOX's so you could have a proper context.I've seen both.

Did you see anyone from either program rapping they Moyeratic oath?

ChumpDumper
11-13-2009, 02:02 PM
Contradiction in there eh?

You're such a liar. You earlier excused MSNBC's act.No, I didn't. I just said that Fox's required more effort.

If that is your definition, you earlier excused Fox and continue to do so. Please contradict yourself in defense of that.

And MSNBC slandered everyone at the rally by accusing them of inciting racial hatred.So they sued, right?

It's such a clear-cut case, right?

Ignignokt
11-13-2009, 02:03 PM
I've seen both.

Did you see anyone from either program rapping they Moyeratic oath?

I saw both programs violating them. ANd no i don't believe there's a formal version that one is required to take like doctors. Nevertheless, the point of the oath which Moyer insisted are points that are taught in journalism. So whether they existed or not, they are thing for which journalist should be held accountable in which they cover in journalism.

ChumpDumper
11-13-2009, 02:04 PM
I saw both programs violating them. ANd no i don't believe there's a formal version that one is required to take like doctors. Nevertheless, the point of the oath which Moyer insisted are points that are taught in journalism. So whether they existed or not, they are thing for which journalist should be held accountable in which they cover in journalism.Journalists are required by gtown to adhere to something that may or may not exist and they may or may not rap.

Ignignokt
11-13-2009, 02:04 PM
So they sued, right?

It's such a clear-cut case, right?

:lmao silly chump. So if a girl gets raped and she didn't bring forth charges, there was no rape.

Way to go, rapist!

Ignignokt
11-13-2009, 02:05 PM
Journalists are required by gtown to adhere to something that may or may not exist.

:lol Journalism school does exist.

ChumpDumper
11-13-2009, 02:06 PM
:lmao silly chump. So if a girl gets raped and she didn't bring forth charges, there was no rape.

Way to go, rapist!Ok, who has standing in this case an on what grounds could they sue?

ChumpDumper
11-13-2009, 02:07 PM
:lol Journalism school does exist.But do required rap oaths?

Ignignokt
11-13-2009, 02:08 PM
But do required rap oaths?

non required ones do. Your favorite Network can sleep better now.

ChumpDumper
11-13-2009, 02:09 PM
non required ones do. Your favorite Network can sleep better now.As can yours.

Ignignokt
11-13-2009, 02:10 PM
Ok, who has standing in this case an on what grounds could they sue?

I'm no judge, nor lawyer.

I didn't know we had to be lawyers to join this forum.

ChumpDumper
11-13-2009, 02:12 PM
I'm no judge, nor lawyer.

I didn't know we had to be lawyers to join this forum.So you can't say with any certainty that slander actually occurred.

Ignignokt
11-13-2009, 02:14 PM
As can yours.

So people actually do watch MSNBC, as you've admitted it is your favorite channel.

Ignignokt
11-13-2009, 02:14 PM

? College football forum.

DarkReign
11-13-2009, 02:16 PM
that's old news.

To be honest, I re-read my post and realized it was a (very small) practice in stating the readily obvious.

Total waste of (little) time.

ChumpDumper
11-13-2009, 02:23 PM
So people actually do watch MSNBC, as you've admitted it is your favorite channel.Actually no, I thought you were talking about USA, which confused me because I knew of no news programming there.

But maybe they have to rap an oath about reruns or something like that.

ChumpDumper
11-13-2009, 02:25 PM
? College football forum.Ah, you're confused by the picture.

So you can't say with any certainty that slander actually occurred.