PDA

View Full Version : McDonald: Duncan and Parker still doubtful

duncan228
11-11-2009, 08:10 PM
An hour until tipoff, and Spurs pair still doubtful (http://blogs.mysanantonio.com/weblogs/courtside/2009/11/an-hour-until-t.html)
By Jeff McDonald

There has been no change in the status of Tony Parker and Tim Duncan as tipoff for tonight's game against Dallas nears.

The pair of Spurs All-Stars was listed as "doubtful" with dueling sore left ankles on the pre-game injury report. Spurs coach Gregg Popovich said in his pre-game meeting with reporters that it remains unlikely either will play.

"I don't think so," Popovich said. "Unless there's a last-second 'I feel great' kind of deal."

Both Parker and Duncan sat out Monday's 131-124 victory over Toronto. Ninety minutes before tonight's scheduled tipoff, Duncan was on the floor at the AT&T Center getting in some shooting, leading to speculation that he might play.

If he aims to get in the game against the Mavericks, however, it's probably going to take some heavy lobbying of Popovich.

On the bright side, however, Popovich does see some light at the end of the tunnel when it comes to his injured stars. He expects to get one or the other back in time for the Spurs' next game Saturday against Oklahoma City.

"I think we should get at least one of them back by Saturday," Popovich said. "I feel confident about that."