PDA

View Full Version : Church of Bogans

Leetonidas
11-11-2009, 10:26 PM
I'm starting it now, this dude plays with some serious heart. All aboard! :toast

peacemaker885
11-11-2009, 10:27 PM
He's improving on his on ball defense.

exstatic
11-11-2009, 10:29 PM
I'm a witness. Hallelujiah.

Samr
11-11-2009, 10:30 PM
Someone smuggled in flubber for Bogans. Nothing like getting blocked above the rim by Muggsy Bogues.

Rummpd
11-11-2009, 10:32 PM
Believe in thee Spurs and thou will in Pop will (eventually) be served!

urunobili
11-11-2009, 10:37 PM
checking in...

evi11emons
11-11-2009, 10:39 PM
I'll take the collection

ulosturedge
11-11-2009, 10:40 PM
I'm sold. But I still want to see Malik play!

Spurs Brazil
11-11-2009, 10:53 PM
I'm in

Great D and good O

slick'81
11-11-2009, 11:08 PM
i wasnt sold on bogans at first but soo far he fits this team defense like a glove

Kermit
11-11-2009, 11:11 PM
Was that the offensive explosion for his career?

Interrohater
11-11-2009, 11:11 PM
I'm a witness. Praise him

in2deep
11-11-2009, 11:12 PM
contributing $500 vbookies to the church

EmptyMan
11-11-2009, 11:13 PM
The Crazy Hands are slowly migrating back to the city of San Antonio.

You must teach him Sensai Bruce. Teach him well.

slick'81
11-11-2009, 11:14 PM
i wont call him mini bowen yet but the guy is tenacious on d and can sick an open jumper :hat

SequSpur
11-11-2009, 11:16 PM
Bogans rules.

jcrod
11-11-2009, 11:21 PM
We found Bowens replacment. He has made me a believer. I hope he takes most of Finleys mins like he did tonight.

TheChillFactor
11-11-2009, 11:24 PM
man i really like this guy. between him, rj and mcdyess i feel like we can finally play d on dirk and howard.

i can't wait til we play them at full strength

DPG21920
11-11-2009, 11:25 PM
So far, early returns are nice. Lets see how he does over the long haul. But if he can keep up this type of play consistently (just play solid defense and keep defenses honest, while mixing in some occasional drives) then he will be a nice asset.

crc21209
11-11-2009, 11:26 PM
The more and more I watch him...the more I like him. Keep him in the starting line-up along with TP, RJ, TD, & Dice. :tu

Chomag
11-11-2009, 11:27 PM
Call me a believer.

EricB
11-11-2009, 11:27 PM
I was in after the Portland game.

IMO he's pretty much solidified his spot in the starting 5.

Pop tonight went defense and defense first and it showed on the court.

Finley hardly played.

Blair however has GOT to improve on the defensive end.

McDyess and Bonner got ran ragged out there tonight.

Ratliff is gonna only prove to be usefull it seems with teams that have slower bigs.

SenorSpur
11-11-2009, 11:32 PM
His defense doesn't surprise me, but his offense is a HUGE surprise..not only is he making 3s at a good rate, but he's getting inside for some easy points..

[B]Now all we need is Hairston to get Finley or Mason's minutes and our perimeter defense will be fixed IMO, which in turn will significantly help our interior D[/B

Bogans looks like a bargain so far though, hopefully he can do this all year..

Amen to all points. :cheer

Just ordered my prayer cloth tonight. :cell

I hope Bogans remains the starter for the foreseeable future.

in2deep
11-11-2009, 11:33 PM
he pretty much already got his moneys worth

bigfan
11-11-2009, 11:35 PM
I have to say this guy has been a pleasant suprise so far. I hardly remember him last year and when we signed him at the last minute I didnt give it much thought. So far the guy has shown a lot of guts.

peskypesky
11-11-2009, 11:37 PM
he's looking better, but comparisons to Bowen are ludicrous.

Manufan909
11-11-2009, 11:38 PM
Someone smuggled in flubber for Bogans. Nothing like getting blocked above the rim by Muggsy Bogues.

Who'd he block again, and why isn't there a gif up in this thread yet!?!

EricB
11-11-2009, 11:42 PM
Who'd he block again, and why isn't there a gif up in this thread yet!?!

Shawn Marion.

Marion thought he had a wide open shot and Bogans just thew it back down his throat.

silverblackfan
11-11-2009, 11:45 PM
Shawn Marion.

Marion thought he had a wide open shot and Bogans just thew it back down his throat.

It was a filthy block.

silverblackfan
11-11-2009, 11:48 PM
Bogans is showing that same tenacity and fearless shooting that I loved about Bruce. Defense all damn night long with an occasional clutch shot. He's no Bruce, but if he can play like this, he helps fill that gap. Better than I expected when he was signed.
After 20 games, I wonder where this team will be.
Nice win tonight.

the crimson blur
11-11-2009, 11:51 PM
Bowen was 30 years old when he joined the Spurs. Bogans will be 30 by the end of the year.

Just sayin'.

DPG21920
11-11-2009, 11:59 PM
Blair however has GOT to improve on the defensive end.

You finally realize.

EricB
11-12-2009, 12:00 AM
You finally realize.

God, let it fucking go.

BOHOLANO#21
11-12-2009, 12:06 AM
amen.

the crimson blur
11-12-2009, 12:07 AM
You finally realize.

Blair had by far his best defensive outing of the season...

He played good-great defense.

ffadicted
11-12-2009, 12:09 AM
Hated him in preseason, but trusted Pop knew what he was doing.

Kudos! He's looking great out there!

VI_Massive
11-12-2009, 12:09 AM
There was one point in the game where I saw the Spurs after a defensive stop or turnover or maybe just an out of bounds play and I saw Manu and Bogans and Jefferson and they all had this confident, scowling, swagger about them that was so focused on beating the other team and it just brought back great memories. The guys really brought it tonight.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
11-12-2009, 12:17 AM
I've been following Bogans on and off for the last 3 years at the Magic, because I've had to use him as a low-end fantasy stopgap at times.

Dude is a dedicated defender and can nail the 3, and it also looks like his handle has really improved over the years.

He's no Bruce, but he's the closest we've got to an elite perimeter defender, and it's time he started alongside Dice, RJ, TP and Tim (when healthy, obviously).

callo1
11-12-2009, 12:17 AM
KB looked great.

Bogans and Hill are defensive beasts. Hill's ball denial by working, running, and hustling through screeners was simply outstanding.

TDMVPDPOY
11-12-2009, 12:18 AM
church of bogans, we got it down here in australia plenty of them...

maybe ruff can chime in and tell you what a bogan is, they are equivalent to the rednecks in america who live on welfare and do nothing.....

church of bogans, i like :D

Spursfan092120
We found Bowens replacment.
:nope Watch your tongue...he's not there yet.

TDMVPDPOY

maybe ruff can chime in and tell you what a bogan is, they are equivalent to the rednecks in america who live on welfare and do nothing.....

DPG21920
God, let it fucking go.

With all the shit you talk and how you act like a jerk (drink drain-o), you deserve a reminder from time to time. :toast

manu_maniac
11-12-2009, 12:28 AM
he's looking better, but comparisons to Bowen are ludicrous.

Why? Comparing the two doesn't mean we're saying they're equal, but Bogans is better than Bowen in some ways. Not at D, but how many players can attest to that? Not at the 3 point line, but he's better off the dribble than Bowen, albeit slightly, but better is better. He's also stronger than Bowen. Also, they both like to go left off the dribble.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
11-12-2009, 12:29 AM
You finally realize.

God, let it fucking go.

With all the shit you talk and how you act like a jerk (drink drain-o), you deserve a reminder from time to time. :toast

You can both be jerks, as can I and just about everyone on here from time to time, so let's all play nice and enjoy the win. :D

Yeah, the Australians that give our country a bad name - the ignorant, redneck, inbred fuckwads who live in the Western suburbs of all our big cities... we call them BOGANS (or Westies).

I try not to think about them. :lol

benefactor
11-12-2009, 12:30 AM
I have believed since the beginning. I watched him while he was with Houston and with Orlando. I knew that he would be nice defensive insurance...but I didn't realize he would play this well. Unless he totally craps the bed offensively at some point I don't see him losing his job in the starting lineup.

lol @ all those dipshit posters that were talking about cutting him at the end of the preseason.

Drewlius
11-12-2009, 12:33 AM
Love the fact that he can actually dribble.

VI_Massive
11-12-2009, 12:35 AM
Let's not get too carried away. If he does get the focus as the Spurs' new perimeter stopper, you know other teams will study hard on how to beat him and he very well could have liabilities that other teams can exploit. For example, and I'm just positing thoughts off the dome here, maybe he is competent on Kobe on the perimeter but gets destroyed when Kobe takes him to the post. Of course, Kobe is doing that to everyone so far this season, but its just a thought as to what kind of vulnerabilities Bogans might have once teams start focusing on him as a defensive key.

In the meantime though, he is playing great and really bringing some awesome effort and physicality to the equation. Love it.

MaNu4Tres
11-12-2009, 12:36 AM
lol @ all those dipshit posters that were talking about cutting him at the end of the preseason.

No kidding...

Morg1411
11-12-2009, 12:37 AM
I'm on that wagon.

I wasn't impressed by Bogans at all at first, but since Portland he's got me sold. I don't know about this "mini-Bruce" stuff, but he's a hard worker, brings solid D that the Spurs need and -- WHOA, HE CAN SCORE, TOO?

Morg1411
11-12-2009, 12:38 AM
No kidding...

I was one of them. I've changed my stripes.

DPG21920
11-12-2009, 12:41 AM
I have believed since the beginning. I watched him while he was with Houston and with Orlando. I knew that he would be nice defensive insurance...but I didn't realize he would play this well. Unless he totally craps the bed offensively at some point I don't see him losing his job in the starting lineup.

Most of us knew the reasons why the Spurs signed him. He has played in similar systems and done very well. He had a rocky start, but most of us knew that Pop would give him his chances because of his history.

It is hard to come into a new system, especially when everyone is struggling. But he stuck with it and is playing as good as the Spurs could hope right now. I certainly hope his defense and offense are sustainable and reliable.

rayray2k8
11-12-2009, 12:45 AM
I started liking him since the Portland game and I'm really glad that his game is excelling in the spurs system.
If he's the reason why Finley is playing less, then I'm all for him. :lol

Ice009
11-12-2009, 12:47 AM
I've been following Bogans on and off for the last 3 years at the Magic, because I've had to use him as a low-end fantasy stopgap at times.

Dude is a dedicated defender and can nail the 3, and it also looks like his handle has really improved over the years.

He's no Bruce, but he's the closest we've got to an elite perimeter defender, and it's time he started alongside Dice, RJ, TP and Tim (when healthy, obviously).

I won't compare him defensively to Bruce. No way will I do that, but do you agree when I say that I think he has more offensive variety than Bruce? I think he can do more offensively. He can actually drive it in a little bit.

benefactor
11-12-2009, 12:50 AM
Most of us knew the reasons why the Spurs signed him. He has played in similar systems and done very well. He had a rocky start, but most of us knew that Pop would give him his chances because of his history.

It is hard to come into a new system, especially when everyone is struggling. But he stuck with it and is playing as good as the Spurs could hope right now. I certainly hope his defense and offense are sustainable and reliable.
Indeed. I don't really expect him to play at the offensive level we saw him at every night, but if history indicates anything he will always bring a good defensive effort.

The good thing about his offense though, is that whether or not he is shooting good he has never been one to take bad shots. In his stints with both Houston and Orlando he always seemed to play very controlled basketball...not forcing things or trying to do things that are beyond his abilities. He really is tailor made for the Spurs system.

DPG21920
11-12-2009, 12:52 AM
Very good fit. Just hit the open threes (a role he is used to) and he even makes pretty good decisions on when to mix it up and drive. I don't feel great watching him put the ball on the floor, but certainly a step up in that department from Bowen.

His defense has actually been better than I have seen in a while from him. He has always been good, but he is really picking things up quickly.

Russ
11-12-2009, 12:54 AM
I insist upon calling him "Bruce" Bogans until it sticks. :toast

RuffnReadyOzStyle
11-12-2009, 12:57 AM
I won't compare him defensively to Bruce. No way will I do that, but do you agree when I say that I think he has more offensive variety than Bruce? I think he can do more offensively. He can actually drive it in a little bit.

Yeah, sure he does - better handles, can drive to the rim and actually finish unlike poor Bruce who got called for travel on half of his drives and missed the layup on most of the rest. Also, Bogans can shoot the 3 from other angles than the corner, something Bruce wouldn't do.

Bogans is no offensive genius, but he's no Bruce-sized black hole on offense either.

benefactor
11-12-2009, 12:59 AM
Very good fit. Just hit the open threes (a role he is used to) and he even makes pretty good decisions on when to mix it up and drive. I don't feel great watching him put the ball on the floor, but certainly a step up in that department from Bowen.

His defense has actually been better than I have seen in a while from him. He has always been good, but he is really picking things up quickly.
He has actually gone away from putting the ball on the floor in recent years, as that part of his game has never been great. I think tonight he saw a couple of open lanes and took them. As long as he sticks to that and doesn't start thinking he is RJ he should be alright.

DPG21920
11-12-2009, 01:00 AM
He just brings back a mindset that the Spurs need defensively. You can see it when he plays. You hear it when he speaks. Defense first.

I know I said he is picking things up quickly, but even beyond that I think it is just the "whatever it takes" mindset he is playing with that stands out.

UnWantedTheory
11-12-2009, 01:08 AM
Another 20 games like the last couple and I will lead us all in prayer.

Darkwaters
11-12-2009, 01:20 AM
Only a few weeks ago someone on here called Bogans the "single blight on an otherwise perfect offseason". But considering his recent emergence as a player destined to be more than just "injury reserve" (the role I personally thought he would fill this season) it would appear that even that part of the Spurs offseason make-over was a wild success.

Richard Jefferson (acquired for peanuts)
Antonio McDyess (signed for less than MLE)
DeJuan Blair (drafted in the 2nd Round)
Keith Bogans (signed for the minimum)
Theo Ratliff (signed for the minimum)

Four additions that have all instantly become 20+ MPG rotational players, and a savvy vet that adds a seriously needed skill in shot-blocking, all acquired at what could be considered "less than market value". Plus, the Spurs picked up a draft 'n stash with the 53 pick that they have considered taking 16 picks earlier in Nando de Colo. That sounds like an amazing offseason to me.

So what is our biggest blight on this otherwise sensational offseason?

I would say the blight of the offseason makeover might potentially be Ian Mahinmi's continued floundering. But considering the decision to draft him was not a 2009 decision I'm not sure thats relevent. Or maybe it's Marcus Haislip who has failed to crack the rotation despite insane athleticism. However, for for minimum salary I'm not too worried. And his story is definitely not complete yet as the team remains optimistic about him. So I'd say the most MAJOR blight of the offseason is the essentially wasted pick on Jack McClinton who was waived even before training camp.

But if losing out on the 51st pick is the worst we can do, I'd say we've been pretty damn succesful.

all_heart
11-12-2009, 01:28 AM
Bogans playing well so far. It's nice to have that kind of versatility out there, decent D with a nice defensive flurry here and there, knock down the 3 from all areas, gets open for easy layups. He's what we wanted out of Udoka. Spurs will be good to go by Feb. :flag:

ClingingMars
11-12-2009, 01:31 AM
Was that the offensive explosion for his career?

hey, as long as he just attempts to match Bruce's defensive efforts, I could care less if he scores.

Reporting in even if I can't do shit with him in NBA 2k10

SpurCharger
11-12-2009, 01:54 AM
Im happy With Him so Far.... But Lets see How well He does, when kobe and lebron come to town... Im On the bogans wagon to.... but lets see him against the best....

Capt Bringdown
11-12-2009, 02:02 AM
I hope it's a case of player having finally found an opportunity to prove himself and making the best of it.

One thing's for sure, if you're a defensive-minded player who's willing to work hard, you're gonna get minutes in Pop's system. Opps, with the exception of last year and Bowen...

Borosai
11-12-2009, 03:05 AM
Defense first. Like it used to be. Dammit.

tomtom
11-12-2009, 03:14 AM
The dude always played good D it was just a matter of time before he could get his shot going, people seem to have forgotten that he started with success with the Magic not too long ago

TJastal
11-12-2009, 03:32 AM
I haven't had a chance to watch the mavs game yet, but looking at the box score revealed Bogans had a nice offensive output and I'll take the word of the posters here about his defensive prowess.

Couple of things before I eat crow on Bogans - Hairston could just as easily be that guy your all talking about if he had gotten the starting nod. Or not. I won't question the decision anymore as long as Bogans keeps producing and fitting in so well.

Ok, here goes ... *munch munch* .... crow a la carte. :lol

Just a few odd thoughts unrelated to Bogans... when TP and Duncan return to the lineup will the spurs keep this defensive focus? I'm really shocked the team has turned its fortunes around missing its best 2 players.

And... the way Hill plays is anyone thinking now what I've been thinking.. that Hill might be very soon > Parker?

BG_Spurs_Fan
11-12-2009, 03:35 AM
And... the way Hill plays is anyone thinking now what I've been thinking.. that Hill might be very soon > Parker?

If by 'very soon' you mean 5-7 years, then maybe he's got a chance.

TJastal
11-12-2009, 04:01 AM
If by 'very soon' you mean 5-7 years, then maybe he's got a chance.

Nah.

Let's compare.

Hill's defense is well above Parker's already and his offense isn't far behind. He is taking the ball to the basket as well as anyone in the league right now which is Parker's best skill. Parker's midrange game is better right now but Hill is showing signs of improvement. 3 pt shooting I'd say its even.

I don't know how you can conclude its going to 5-7 years, heck he might already be a better player.

smeagol
11-12-2009, 04:33 AM
I'm starting it now, this dude plays with some serious heart. All aboard! :toast

One good game . . .

ChumpDumper
11-12-2009, 04:47 AM
And... the way Hill plays is anyone thinking now what I've been thinking.. that Hill might be very soon > Parker?:rollin

TJastal
11-12-2009, 05:22 AM
:rollin

Why's this funny? As soon as George Hill was put into the starting lineup the spurs started playing defense and winning.

Coincidence? I think not.

kbrury
11-12-2009, 05:30 AM
Why's this funny? As soon as George Hill was put into the starting lineup the spurs started playing defense and winning.

Coincidence? I think not.

:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

Forget the toronto game already? lol

Hill is about half the offensive player Parker is.

TJastal
11-12-2009, 05:44 AM
:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

Forget the toronto game already? lol

Hill is about half the offensive player Parker is.

And about twice the defensive player. Your point again?

kbrury
11-12-2009, 05:56 AM
And about twice the defensive player. Your point again?

My point is that your point that Hill will soon be > Parker is pretty unlikely. Hill is still learning the PG position, about half of his minutes he's offball.

TJastal
11-12-2009, 05:57 AM
And the way Hill was dropping those 3's through the net last night makes me think the gap between him and Parker offensively is closing very quickly.

Pentagruel
11-12-2009, 06:04 AM
Hill isn't half the offensive player Parker is, not even close. I'll give Hill an edge in defense but thats about all. I really like George Hill but saying he is close to as good as Tony Parker is beyond ludicrous.

Parker is a vastly superior scorer, a better leader on the court and a better leader off the court. He's way better then Hill and even considering otherwise is foolish at this stage.

kbrury
11-12-2009, 06:09 AM
And the way Hill was dropping those 3's through the net last night makes me think the gap between him and Parker offensively is closing very quickly.

He had two threes lol and his career mark isn't much better then Parker's. Hill will be pretty good offensively in the future but I don't think he can match the number's Parker consistently gets mainly I'm talking about shooting over 50%.

Don't forget Parker is only 27 and even with these nagging injuries his game will probably improve a little more.

TJastal
11-12-2009, 06:32 AM
He had two threes lol and his career mark isn't much better then Parker's. Hill will be pretty good offensively in the future but I don't think he can match the number's Parker consistently gets mainly I'm talking about shooting over 50%.

Don't forget Parker is only 27 and even with these nagging injuries his game will probably improve a little more.

It's not the age its the mileage.

Don't forget Parker started his career early at age 19 and has logged almost 25,000 minutes. This is the equivalent of someone who is pushing 30. Not good for a point guard that relies on speed and quickness and is injury prone on top of that. Once Parker's quickness goes he's going to be in trouble because he's not a great passer like Kidd/Stockton that can remain in the league well into their 30's by giving you 15 assists a night.

mattyc
11-12-2009, 07:19 AM
Keith Bogans is for real.

mingus
11-12-2009, 07:25 AM
i actually was calling for this guy to start when we first got him. i should be the founder of his Chruch but alas.

i never like Mason too much. he's too soft defensively. Bogans' tenacity on the defensive end, and his take-no-shit personality in general, fits the mold of guys like S-Jax, Mario Elie, and obviously to a certain extent Bowen.

Spurs Brazil
11-12-2009, 07:30 AM
Anyone with the video or gif of the block. I want to see that one again. It was a GREAT play

TJastal
11-12-2009, 07:39 AM
i actually was calling for this guy to start when we first got him. i should be the founder of his Chruch but alas.

i never like Mason too much. he's too soft defensively. Bogans' tenacity on the defensive end, and his take-no-shit personality in general, fits the mold of guys like S-Jax, Mario Elie, and obviously to a certain extent Bowen.

You sure did call this one. Props on that. Bogans seems to be a good fit in the starting lineup so far. Parker, Jefferson and Duncan is plenty enough offense for the 1st unit.

It's great just for the fact that Finley is back on the bench getting very limited minutes.

As for Manu, it appears he is 100% healthy and comfortable with his usual role of 6th man off the bench. Hopefully him and George Hill can develop some chemistry together because once Parker comes back Hill will go back to the 2nd unit.

smeagol
11-12-2009, 07:51 AM
My point is that your point that Hill will soon be > Parker is pretty unlikely. Hill is still learning the PG position, about half of his minutes he's offball.

Don't waste your time. A couple of years ago, people were saying Beno > TP.

Rummpd
11-12-2009, 07:59 AM
They can play on floor some at same time so no problems with having both if Hill does improve!

KidCongo
11-12-2009, 08:06 AM
I'm late to this joke but this is what you would worship down under :lol

http://www.thepunch.com.au/images/uploads/westie.jpg

Also these beasts.

http://www.bogan.com.au/photos/cache/ab930836adaab50bafbcfbf7b36ae831.jpg

bigfan
11-12-2009, 09:02 AM
Only a few weeks ago someone on here called Bogans the "single blight on an otherwise perfect offseason". But considering his recent emergence as a player destined to be more than just "injury reserve" (the role I personally thought he would fill this season) it would appear that even that part of the Spurs offseason make-over was a wild success.

Richard Jefferson (acquired for peanuts)
Antonio McDyess (signed for less than MLE)
DeJuan Blair (drafted in the 2nd Round)
Keith Bogans (signed for the minimum)
Theo Ratliff (signed for the minimum)

Four additions that have all instantly become 20+ MPG rotational players, and a savvy vet that adds a seriously needed skill in shot-blocking, all acquired at what could be considered "less than market value". Plus, the Spurs picked up a draft 'n stash with the 53 pick that they have considered taking 16 picks earlier in Nando de Colo. That sounds like an amazing offseason to me.

So what is our biggest blight on this otherwise sensational offseason?

I would say the blight of the offseason makeover might potentially be Ian Mahinmi's continued floundering. But considering the decision to draft him was not a 2009 decision I'm not sure thats relevent. Or maybe it's Marcus Haislip who has failed to crack the rotation despite insane athleticism. However, for for minimum salary I'm not too worried. And his story is definitely not complete yet as the team remains optimistic about him. So I'd say the most MAJOR blight of the offseason is the essentially wasted pick on Jack McClinton who was waived even before training camp.

But if losing out on the 51st pick is the worst we can do, I'd say we've been pretty damn succesful.

Exactly damn right, good post.

kace
11-12-2009, 09:11 AM
it's difficult to argue with someone saying "such a player will be better in few years than this one". what will happen in five years is difficult to say even if it's honestly very very unlikely that Hill ever reach Parker's level, even if he won't have to to be considered a good player and a great pick for the spurs.

but when you have someone able to say something like this:
I don't know how you can conclude its going to 5-7 years, heck he might already be a better player. you already know there's nothing to argue.

you can like Hill, dislike TP, as players, no problem, but still, there's no way you could be considered a serious poster when you say a stupidity like this.

Agloco
11-12-2009, 10:56 AM
it's difficult to argue with someone saying "such a player will be better in few years than this one". what will happen in five years is difficult to say even if it's honestly very very unlikely that Hill ever reach Parker's level, even if he won't have to to be considered a good player and a great pick for the spurs.

but when you have someone able to say something like this: you already know there's nothing to argue.

you can like Hill, dislike TP, as players, no problem, but still, there's no way you could be considered a serious poster when you say a stupidity like this.

That's just par for the course for TJastal. Most of his takes are quite silly. Take this for example:

Hill hit 2 3-pointers........yeah that really gives us a great indication of a closing gap. :rolleyes

biziofromdowntown
11-12-2009, 11:04 AM
Count me in

manu_maniac
11-12-2009, 12:17 PM
I'm all for Keith "Bighead" Bogans starting every game. Count me in as a believer.

TJastal
11-12-2009, 12:22 PM
Hill is on fire from downtown. His longball stroke is silky smooth anyone can see that. Parker's 3 pt shooting has improved but it is nowhere near as smooth as Hill's and he has never been an effective shooter from long range.

If you dispute these facts then you are the one being silly.

ShoogarBear
11-12-2009, 12:22 PM
Bogans had a great game, but he's going to have his Jacque Vaughn/Udoka-like days, too.

DPG21920
11-12-2009, 12:23 PM
Bogans had a great game, but he's going to have his Jacque Vaughn/Udoka-like days, too.

Exactly. Heck, I would go as far to say that he has played a solid block of 3 games. He will have his bad nights, but if those are limited to sporadically, and he can maintain some kind of consistency, that would be a huge boost for the Spurs.

Even the best players have Udoka nights. The key is long term sustainability. I really hope he can continue to play this type of role well.

SpursBabe99
11-12-2009, 12:45 PM
Preach! Bogans is da bomb!

dbestpro
11-12-2009, 12:49 PM
B-b-b-b-b-b ut, Bogans needs to be cut so we can play Hairston!

Agloco
11-12-2009, 01:04 PM
Hill is on fire from downtown. His longball stroke is silky smooth anyone can see that. Parker's 3 pt shooting has improved but it is nowhere near as smooth as Hill's and he has never been an effective shooter from long range.

If you dispute these facts then you are the one being silly.

7 games.... :rolleyes

Get back to me when Hill is doing the same as Tony in the paint consistently. :wakeup

Agloco
11-12-2009, 01:05 PM
Oh and Bogans = upgraded Udoka. :tu

mingus
11-12-2009, 01:15 PM
i do agree that Bogans might have his Udoka nights, but i don't think he can possibly have a Udoka season. in fact, he's already surpassed waht Udoka did with his couple of last good outings.

i don't cringe when Bogans releases the ball like i did w/ Udoka. Bogans looks to be a more natural shooter. he's also better in basically every other aspect offensively.

Defensively, Udoka showed that he got worse last year. like mason with his shooting, Udoka was brought in to do one thing, and he couldn't do it very well, or even well for that matter. his first year was better, but nowhere near impressive imo. Boguns seems to be a better defender as well. he moves faster laterally, i think he's younger, and he uses his hands better. they both are roughly the same size, and build, but that's about it imo.

i expect much more out of Bogans than i ever did with Udoka, who i personally felt sucked complete ass.

superbigtime
11-12-2009, 01:22 PM
I was wrong about Bogans, thinking he was slow and as useless as JV. He is way better than I thought. Mason can now draw analogies to JV.

portnoy1
11-12-2009, 01:57 PM
It's not the age its the mileage.

Don't forget Parker started his career early at age 19 and has logged almost 25,000 minutes. This is the equivalent of someone who is pushing 30. Not good for a point guard that relies on speed and quickness and is injury prone on top of that. Once Parker's quickness goes he's going to be in trouble because he's not a great passer like Kidd/Stockton that can remain in the league well into their 30's by giving you 15 assists a night.True that, Maybe that will be the growth of Parkers game as he gets older. Looking for his teammates more.

Spursmania
11-12-2009, 02:01 PM
Bogans is showing me why Pop and the Spurs brought him over. I'm really impressed with his D and tenacity the last few games. Way to go Bogans.:toast

portnoy1
11-12-2009, 02:02 PM

If you dispute these facts then you are the one being silly.Hill is a straight up scorer and he can do it in different ways. Parker is a slasher and builds his game around his quickness. I highly doubt we'll ever see Hill put up TP like % from the field. However he will probably have a better mixture of things in his game. Drive, Midrange and the 3. Which Parker never really had and still kinda doesnt. Besides if you can get in the lane at will like that, then you might as well go with what works if your TP.

Darkwaters
11-12-2009, 02:03 PM
Mason can now draw analogies to JV.

Oh how quickly the mighty fall.

portnoy1
11-12-2009, 02:18 PM
PG - Parker/Hill
SG- Bogans/Manu
SF - RJ/ anyone who has got it going at the time Finley/Mason/Hairston
PF - Mcdyess/Blair
C - Duncan/And i would still like to see a move for a healthy shotblocker

Bogans is like bruce, he plays legit D and can hit the 3. But he also can drive if he has to. Sometimes bruce hurt us on offense, Bogans can do just enough to make the Defense pay. And he is 8yrs younger than Bruce.

superbigtime
11-12-2009, 07:34 PM
Oh how quickly the mighty fall.

He fell a long time ago when the backup point experience failed and in the playoffs. Hey, I'm all for Mason playing well and I want every one of his shots to fall, but it is clear he has poor court vision from a PG distributing perspective and does not handle the ball well. Not a good passer by any means. Can't rebound or defend or hustle. All he has is his shot and he is in an extended slump. Pop put RMjr, Fin and Bonner out there together--twice--as one of the small ball lineups and it just does not work. It's like instantly spotting the opposition five to 10 points. Bogans though has clearly established himself in a hurry.

SpursRulez4eVeR
11-12-2009, 08:25 PM
I saw someone was looking for bogans' block on Marion, i just uploaded this and its around 2:30 mark :)
u1Tk5MKJbXg

spurspokesman
11-12-2009, 08:38 PM
Count me in

lefty
11-13-2009, 11:55 AM
Boogie Man !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blackjack
07-03-2010, 05:08 PM
Well, since someone asked about it ... I figured I'd check it out -- I'm convinced I could find the Loch Ness Monster after this discovery . . .

I've said plenty of kind things about the guy after some nice outings and have bit the tongue more than once as I was rooting for him to succeed -- I am a Spurs fan after all -- but I forgot he had a church.

Church of Bogans, FTW! :lol

Brazil
07-03-2010, 05:10 PM
wtf!

8FOR!3
07-03-2010, 05:22 PM
Are we talking about Bruce Bogan or Keith Bowans.

Blackjack
07-03-2010, 05:26 PM
This one:

http://veiltales.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/wedding-centerpieces.jpg

objective
07-03-2010, 05:50 PM
so much fail on this thread

CP48107
07-03-2010, 06:07 PM
I want Bogans back too!

timvp
07-03-2010, 08:26 PM
This is one of those threads where you go back and hope you didn't post in it.

Cane
07-03-2010, 08:49 PM
I remember Bogans was able to guard Wade much better than I expected in the few minutes he was on him. Probably the Spurs best option against Wade.

He used to have a pretty good 3 point percentage in the first quarter/half of the season, same with Roger Mason Jr. Hell the team actually had range and floor spacing back then.

Then fast forward to the playoffs and Bogans is being pulled at the sign of his first mental mistake I believe in the Dallas series. Forgot what happened, some boneheaded play after making a decent one.

Burn the church.

objective
07-03-2010, 09:09 PM
I bet all the people in this Church who were celebrating Bogans over Hairston and mocking Hairston being on the bench are the same people who now are dissing Hairston as unproven and an unknown and the Spurs don't know what they have with him.

slick'81
07-03-2010, 09:13 PM
close that dump down

Dro210
07-03-2010, 09:22 PM
I bet all the people in this Church who were celebrating Bogans over Hairston and mocking Hairston being on the bench are the same people who now are dissing Hairston as unproven and an unknown and the Spurs don't know what they have with him.

:tu

mingus
07-04-2010, 12:35 AM

:lmao my thoughts exactly.

mingus
07-04-2010, 12:40 AM

:nope:wow:depressed:bang:rolleyes:wow:depressed:(: nope:rolleyes:wow:depressed:bang:bang:bang:bang:ba ng:bang:bang

:lmao

jimo2305
07-04-2010, 11:49 AM
lmao..

at first i thought the thread was a joke

Russ
07-04-2010, 12:18 PM

Okay, I'll take the bait.

Bogans seems to me like the kind of player the Spurs have won with.

A bit like Jerome Kersey, Bruce Bowen, etc. A bullish role player who can hit a big shot on occasion (without having to warm up by taking a bunch before) and can play pretty good D.

I guess I just don't get the Bogans hate. I'd much rather have him next year than someone like Bonner (but we'll probably get both).

spursfan1000
07-04-2010, 12:28 PM
He was pretty good this season at times, but im still hoping for Spurs to find a upgrade over him.

Blackjack
07-04-2010, 12:33 PM
To be clear, I don't hate or dislike Bogans. I've made plenty of positive comments about particular performances or certain stretches of quality play (maybe "plenty" is an exaggeration, seeing as there'd have to be plenty of performances or stretches to do so. But I digress).

http://www.gift-for-animal-lovers.com/v/vspfiles/photos/centerpiece_englishbulldog001-1.jpg
But a church!?!

Obstructed_View
07-04-2010, 02:17 PM
To be clear, I don't hate or dislike Bogans. I've made plenty of positive comments about particular performances or certain stretches of quality play (maybe "plenty" is an exaggeration, seeing as there'd have to be plenty of performances or stretches to do so. But I digress).

http://www.gift-for-animal-lovers.com/v/vspfiles/photos/centerpiece_englishbulldog001-1.jpg
But a church!?!

Agreed. Nobody rooted louder for him to do well and gave him credit when he did. Unfortunately, he just didn't perform well very often. For some reason last year Pop seemed to think that just because a guy failed to score that somehow made him like Bruce Bowen. It doesn't.

It's highly likely we've seen the best Keith Bogans we're ever going to see, and it's even money that Malik Hairston, at worst, can be equal to that. Time to start looking for some upside with young players. Isn't that what they were drafted for?

ChumpDumper
07-04-2010, 02:24 PM
This is one of those threads where you go back and hope you didn't post in it.I for one am proud of my contribution:
:rollin

E-RockWill
07-04-2010, 02:28 PM
The church is in foreclosure, I think.....