PDA

View Full Version : Trade Parker....

Martin R
11-11-2009, 10:30 PM
....and let Manu run the offense. What a fun way of playing the Spurs have when he delivers.

exstatic
11-11-2009, 10:34 PM
This act won't run in the playoffs.

Funball <> championships

ulosturedge
11-11-2009, 10:35 PM
Settle down buddy lol.

Brazil
11-11-2009, 10:37 PM
lol I knew it... st posters are so predictable especially with <1K posts

DAF86
11-11-2009, 10:41 PM
Not this shit again.

spursfan09
11-11-2009, 10:44 PM
It's times like this we miss Parker. The consistent ball handler

DAF86
11-11-2009, 10:47 PM
74-83 Manu Ginobili bad pass (Jason Kidd steals) 6:37 Jason Kidd bad pass (Richard Jefferson steals) 74-83
6:35 74-83 Manu Ginobili bad pass
6:15 Dirk Nowitzki lost ball (Manu Ginobili steals) 74-83
6:07 74-83 Manu Ginobili misses 24-foot three point jumper 6:05 Jason Kidd defensive rebound 74-83
5:56 74-83 Richard Jefferson personal foul (Dirk Nowitzki draws the foul)
5:43 Shawn Marion makes 8-foot running jumper 76-83
5:20 76-83 Manu Ginobili misses 25-foot three point jumper 5:20 76-83 San Antonio offensive rebound

lol

Martin you better hope the Spurs don't fuck this up.

spursfan09
11-11-2009, 10:51 PM
We could use TP's penetration against this zone....

This is God punishing you for not appreciating Tony. Pray to God and say you are grateful for Tony Parker and we can win this game.

HarlemHeat37
11-11-2009, 10:55 PM
Lol..

lennyalderette
11-11-2009, 11:04 PM
lol ok ok i even talk shit about parker and his cockyness but like i told a mav fan im no longer worried if he wants to go to l.a in a few years george hill is going to be amazing he freaking plays DEFENSE

lennyalderette
11-11-2009, 11:05 PM
and by no means do i want to trade parker but at least we have options and a solid future pg

Interrohater
What a dumb thing to say. Way to make me frown after an incredible win.

Spurs Brazil
Trade Parker?????????????????????????????

Trade Duncan and Parker....

:lol

WildcardManu
11-11-2009, 11:06 PM
lol ok ok i even talk shit about parker and his cockyness but like i told a mav fan im no longer worried if he wants to go to l.a in a few years george hill is going to be amazing he freaking plays DEFENSE

What a dumb thing to say.

MaNuMaNiAc
11-11-2009, 11:08 PM
....and let Manu run the offense. What a fun way of playing the Spurs have when he delivers.

Seriously, keep this shit in the Ginobili forum. It has no place here

SpurNation
11-11-2009, 11:26 PM
Oh Lord

ffadicted
11-12-2009, 12:04 AM
*sigh*

I hate casual fans

VI_Massive
11-12-2009, 12:05 AM
Its true, we should trade him, because Manu is unquestionably durable. He'll be able to run the point all night, every night. He'll never get hurt or need a light night of work.

EricB
11-12-2009, 12:07 AM
Fucking newbies.

BillMc
11-12-2009, 12:20 AM
Yeah, trade Parker. Because we have too many All-Star, Finals MVP, Future Hall of Fame point guards on this team who are in their prime. I mean we have at least 3 or 4 sitting on the bench, so why not trade him...

And, you know, Manu never gets hurt or anything. Perhaps Hill can play both the 1 and 2 at the same time. 4 on 5...

RuffnReadyOzStyle
11-12-2009, 12:26 AM
Yeah, let's trade the whole team for a hockey team and play in the NHL! Yet another moronic thread. :rolleyes

How does this guy have his name in black when solid contributors like Blackjack and Harlem are still grey?

TDMVPDPOY
11-12-2009, 12:26 AM
i approve of this thread

cause its GOING, going, going

IBTL

/THREAD.

Allanon
11-12-2009, 12:40 AM
The Spurs beat a quality team tonight.

Obviously, the Spurs are a better team without Tony and Tim.

JustinJDW
11-12-2009, 12:44 AM
God I hate idiots.

ElNono
11-12-2009, 12:48 AM
Tony is fine, but we need a 3rd string PG...

Va Spur
11-12-2009, 01:06 AM
you know your team is good when you are worried about a 3rd string PG--

good for Spurs to have a few games without our CLEAR leaders.

Martin R
11-12-2009, 09:39 PM
oh shit, some people took me seriously !!!!

Martin R
11-12-2009, 09:40 PM
Seriously, keep this shit in the Ginobili forum. It has no place here

jaja ok y vos me vas a decir que puedo y que no puedo postear, no? :rolleyes

tp2021
11-12-2009, 09:46 PM
oh shit, some people took me seriously !!!!

Oh man, Mr. Funny guy over here got egg on all of our faces, guys.

Ariel
11-12-2009, 11:32 PM
Seguramente no, pero estaría bueno que si hacés un comentario "irónico" (supuestamente), que sea gracioso y entendible, caso contrario mejor reservárselo. Digo, considerando que es exactamente el tipo de comentario que alimenta el preconcepto sobre nosotros los argentinos (de que somos sólamente hinchas de Manu y no de los Spurs), y que a mi al menos me tiene las bolas por el piso. Por eso te lo comento, más sabiendo que no sos ningún novato y que estás dando vueltas por acá tanto como por SR desde hace más de 5 años haciendo comentarios muy parecidos, y que bien lo sabés. Saludos.

SpursNextRomanEmpire
11-12-2009, 11:34 PM
Lets just move the whole team to another city, like say Las Vegas

Mojazz
11-12-2009, 11:36 PM

Trade for Lebron or Dwade... why not?! :lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

TheSullyMonster
11-13-2009, 02:02 AM
Gotta say, I'd trade Parker for Wade, if I knew Wade would be healthy.

Manudona
11-13-2009, 02:27 AM
Gotta say, I'd trade Parker for Wade, if I knew Wade would be healthy.

I hope Wade never becomes a Spurs. To think that I liked him in his first year or two disgusts me.

Bukefal
11-13-2009, 04:22 AM
:lol there we go with the 'trade parker' shit again. We need the guy, he is the Spurs.

Brazil
11-13-2009, 07:22 AM
I hope Wade never becomes a Spurs. To think that I liked him in his first year or two disgusts me.

:wow

narmerguy
11-13-2009, 07:43 AM

Wtf? I hope Wade DOES become a spur. I've always liked him.

will_spurs
11-13-2009, 08:52 AM
Wtf? I hope Wade DOES become a spur. I've always liked him.

The Spurs sure are in need of a guy who beats his chest for 20 seconds after every dunk.

portnoy1
11-13-2009, 10:32 AM
Wouldnt trade Parker, Especially now. I like the motion that the spurs have been running and the ball movement. Theyll probably use that a little more when Tim and Tont come back. However Parker getting in the lane is an easy way of getting baskets, although the ball doesnt move as much. The reason I think Pop hasnt used the motion offense as much is bacause it wears the team down. All 5 guys are always moving and it requires alot of energy to do that for 4qtrs. Did anyone notice that the spurs started to get tired during the 4th quarter? With Parker going 1 on 5 its a little easier on the other guys. Plus this year you have guys that can put it on the floor. If Bogans starts he can hit the 3 and drive when nessecary,Same with RJ just a whole lot better. Last season Mason Jr. / Finley couldnt do that. If Parker is to be traded it shouldnt be done in the middle of the season. I would trade him if he is in the last year of his contract and wont resign, that way we get some kinda value for him.

Brazil
11-13-2009, 10:42 AM
^wow a portnoy1 solid post envolving TP !

portnoy1
11-13-2009, 11:51 AM
ya see, I can when i want to. I Think:lol???????

Brazil
11-13-2009, 12:10 PM
ya see, I can when i want to. I Think:lol???????

:toast

timaios
11-13-2009, 12:32 PM

When the Spurs played the Raptors, i saw a very nice thread on their forum, started by you know who...

http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f5/calderons-worth-11099.html

You should go there for a great :lmao:lmao:lmao

MaNuMaNiAc
11-13-2009, 01:31 PM

Seguramente no, pero estaría bueno que si hacés un comentario "irónico" (supuestamente), que sea gracioso y entendible, caso contrario mejor reservárselo. Digo, considerando que es exactamente el tipo de comentario que alimenta el preconcepto sobre nosotros los argentinos (de que somos sólamente hinchas de Manu y no de los Spurs), y que a mi al menos me tiene las bolas por el piso. Por eso te lo comento, más sabiendo que no sos ningún novato y que estás dando vueltas por acá tanto como por SR desde hace más de 5 años haciendo comentarios muy parecidos, y que bien lo sabés. Saludos.

No lo puedo decir mejor de lo que te acaba de explicar Ariel aca.

portnoy1
11-13-2009, 02:01 PM
When the Spurs played the Raptors, i saw a very nice thread on their forum, started by you know who...

Wow I have stalkers to, now thats scary!!!:wow

Brazil
11-13-2009, 03:43 PM

Oh man ... good job finding that ! :lmao:lmao:lmao

portnoy1 " I'd be willing to give up Parker, but I want a defensive stopper with Calderon (http://www.raptorsforum.com/jose-calderon-raptors-jersey.php) to if I'm the spurs."
:rollin

portnoy1
11-13-2009, 05:23 PM
Oh man ... good job finding that ! :lmao:lmao:lmao

portnoy1 " I'd be willing to give up Parker, but I want a defensive stopper with Calderon (http://www.raptorsforum.com/jose-calderon-raptors-jersey.php) to if I'm the spurs."
:rollin
Hey, I know itl never happen. Bottom line, im a big Calderon fan despite his obvious shortcomings on defensive end. Hence why I would have to have a shot-blocker with Calderon if i traded for him. Spurs are a better team with Parker unfortunately. For me it would just be cool to see one of your favorite players on the spurs. Its kinda like 04-05 when we got brent barry. I loved his game before he came to SA. When he signed with the spurs i expected all those flashly assist and 3pt shooting. However it didnt exactly end up that way. If Calderon were to join he spurs,he probably not do half the things he does in toronto. BTW i went to the game monday and got his autograph and picture before the game. He is a really nice dude and even conversated to some of the fans. Some guys sign stuff and ignore you in the process. I also got Chris bosh' autograph.

Brazil
11-13-2009, 05:40 PM
^ Calderon is a very solid player indeed, he could be a good back up for George Hill :)

portnoy1
11-13-2009, 05:52 PM
^ Calderon is a very solid player indeed, he could be a good back up for George Hill :)
I agree he probably would be. But he wont ever come to SA, cause he is to similar to BENO except without the occasional bad attitude that Beno has. Kinda explains why he is in the doghouse in sactown everynow an then. In the raptors forum if you got a chance to read it, a poster pointed out a difference between Parker and Jose. Parker as we know, is a scoring guard. He attacks the basket and will kick out to the open guy once dbled. Jose will run the offense and find people in their spots, nothing more nothing less. I like those type of PG's. In SA however Parker is the offense, and thats what Pop is going with. All the other guys are behind him. Tim wont yell at Tony if he doesnt get a touch on a certain possesion. Manu wont either. Thats a sign of someone that commands authority on the team. Are the spurs Tony's team? not yet, Duncan 60% Parker 40% and rising as the seasons go by.

Allanon
11-13-2009, 06:40 PM

Everybody knows that Tony's not a lock-down defender; but Jose Calderon's horrid defense makes Mr. Longoria look like Defensive Player of the Year. :lol

Jose Calderon is one of the biggest reasons for the Raptors being the 2nd worst defensive team in the NBA.

LOL@MavsFan
11-13-2009, 06:52 PM
Trade Parker?????????????????????????????

Trade Duncan and Parker....

I say trade Parker for Iverson and Connolly hahahahaha

symple19
11-13-2009, 07:49 PM

http://images.paraorkut.com/img/funnypics/images/c/cat_fail-12860.jpg

lennyalderette
11-13-2009, 08:04 PM
What a dumb thing to say.

why ? because hill plays better d than parke?r becasue im glad we have a promising pg? or because im not sucking tony balls like everyone else? i love parker but i really do think hill is going to pass him up in a few years

NickiRasgo
11-14-2009, 07:05 AM
When Parker had a good game like scoring 30+ points, don't trade Parker! When its bad and Spurs lost, trade Parker!

WalterBenitez
11-14-2009, 10:34 AM
Wassup boys, another thread about this? the french will not go anywhere, otherwise kill him.

benefactor
11-14-2009, 12:52 PM
Wassup boys, another thread about this? the french will not go anywhere, otherwise kill him.
What?

venitian navigator
11-15-2009, 11:35 AM
I know that we're just at tyhe beginning of the season, we need time to gel and Parker has a wonderful relationship with al teammates and is our most valuable player and he has had a decisive contribution in three of our four championships.....and I like him a lot.

However, I tried a trade in the espn trade machine with New Orleans that I think is worth a look...considering the particular moment.
That's why :

1) N.O. is already in talks for selling Okafor to sacramento just in exchange for K. Thomas (read : for nothing at all, just for clearing cap space) : this means they are already desperate for clearing cap space at least for next year;
2) the new trainer looks like he doesn't like at all Julian Wright;
3) Chris Paul is not only (but not badly) injured for at least other two weeks but has already looking like he's not so happy to play for his losing team...;
4) they have already a bad record, and they have shown that also with Paul they will not be able to play at champioship level...(/and I don't think Paul could stand other two years with a losing record);
5) they need to re-fill the team for 2011 when the orrendous contracts they have (expecially Peja's one) will expire and, if they have to sell Paul, they will ask if not for the some valuue, for at least something comparable (like a still young and valuable player like Tony is);
6) Parker is french, so, in case of trades, the ideal destination for him could well be N.O.
7) Maybe thius try could benefit our team also in the current run for the title

The trade that works is :

Parker Paul
Mason
Finley for Okafor
Bonner
Mahinmi J. Wright

Thoughts ?

da_suns_fan
11-15-2009, 11:50 AM
This act won't run in the playoffs.

Funball <> championships

!=

spursfan1000
11-15-2009, 11:53 AM
Tony Parker will never get traded.

da_suns_fan
11-15-2009, 11:56 AM
I know that we're just at tyhe beginning of the season, we need time to gel and Parker has a wonderful relationship with al teammates and is our most valuable player and he has had a decisive contribution in three of our four championships.....and I like him a lot.

However, I tried a trade in the espn trade machine with New Orleans that I think is worth a look...considering the particular moment.
That's why :

1) N.O. is already in talks for selling Okafor to sacramento just in exchange for K. Thomas (read : for nothing at all, just for clearing cap space) : this means they are already desperate for clearing cap space at least for next year;
2) the new trainer looks like he doesn't like at all Julian Wright;
3) Chris Paul is not only (but not badly) injured for at least other two weeks but has already looking like he's not so happy to play for his losing team...;
4) they have already a bad record, and they have shown that also with Paul they will not be able to play at champioship level...(/and I don't think Paul could stand other two years with a losing record);
5) they need to re-fill the team for 2011 when the orrendous contracts they have (expecially Peja's one) will expire and, if they have to sell Paul, they will ask if not for the some valuue, for at least something comparable (like a still young and valuable player like Tony is);
6) Parker is french, so, in case of trades, the ideal destination for him could well be N.O.
7) Maybe thius try could benefit our team also in the current run for the title

The trade that works is :

Parker Paul
Mason
Finley for Okafor
Bonner
Mahinmi J. Wright

Thoughts ?

You think NOH is going to trade Chirs Paul AND Okafor for Parker and garbage?

You must ban Aerosmith fan:

"Dream On! Dream On!"

1) The Hornets arent trading Paul. Its some wishful thinking to believe the Hornets would trade away their young franchise player who is unquestionably the best pg in the world.

2) If the Spurs were trading Paul, they wouldnt trade him to the western conference and certainly not to a division opponent whom they are guaranteed to play four times every year.

3) If the Spurs HAD to trade Paul to the Spurs, they would want Blair along with TP and theyre certainly not trading Okafor for a bunch of CRAP.

Run your trade scenario by BRHornets45 and lets see his reaction. :lol

Muser
11-15-2009, 12:05 PM
You think NOH is going to trade Chirs Paul AND Okafor for Parker and garbage?

You must ban Aerosmith fan:

"Dream On! Dream On!"

1) The Hornets arent trading Paul. Its some wishful thinking to believe the Hornets would trade away their young franchise player who is unquestionably the best pg in the world.

2) If the Spurs were trading Paul, they wouldnt trade him to the western conference and certainly not to a division opponent whom they are guaranteed to play four times every year.

3) If the Spurs HAD to trade Paul to the Spurs, they would want Blair along with TP and theyre certainly not trading Okafor for a bunch of CRAP.

Run your trade scenario by BRHornets45 and lets see his reaction. :lol

Ignore every trade post from a noob, but how can the spurs trade paul to the spurs? :king

Chieflion
11-15-2009, 08:27 PM
Tony Parker for Jennings + Joe Alexander + Dan Gadzuric

Get it done. RC.

DPG21920
11-15-2009, 08:28 PM
Tony Parker for Jennings + Joe Alexander + Dan Gadzuric

Get it done. RC.

Stop talking.

Chieflion
11-15-2009, 08:57 PM
Stop talking.
Dude. It was sarcasm. Why would I even want Gadzuric on the Spurs?

DPG21920
11-15-2009, 09:23 PM
Dude. It was sarcasm. Why would I even want Gadzuric on the Spurs?

:lol I wasn't sure, so I always err on the side of caution when it comes to things like this.

Bukefal
11-16-2009, 06:46 AM
:lol yeah let's trade our best player

portnoy1
11-16-2009, 08:00 AM
:lol yeah let's trade our best player
He is certainly not our best player. But he is our most consistent and that alone merits not trading him.

spursfan09
11-16-2009, 08:06 AM
WTH Portnoy.... Did you have an epiphany about parker or somethin?

portnoy1
11-16-2009, 08:20 AM
Nope, cant stand him as a PG. Love him as a scorer. Just not in SA cause a scoring guard is not what we need right now, As evidenced in Thunder game and many games through out his career. I told you guys already, Im not a TP hater, i give him his due credit. He is the most consistent player on the team. He has been for a few seasons now. However his constant dribbling and 1 on 1 is going to hurt our $90 million team more than any other time before. He cant bring us a championship as a scoring guard, especially if the solid pieces are on the team. In 2001 AI took his team to the finals but he had no solid pieces to beat a bigtime laker team. We have the pieces but there no good if there not used to 75% of there potential.

timaios
11-16-2009, 09:01 AM

You think ? :lol

spursfan09
11-16-2009, 09:04 AM
Nope, cant stand him as a PG. Love him as a scorer. Just not in SA cause a scoring guard is not what we need right now, As evidenced in Thunder game and many games through out his career. I told you guys already, Im not a TP hater, i give him his due credit. He is the most consistent player on the team. He has been for a few seasons now. However his constant dribbling and 1 on 1 is going to hurt our $90 million team more than any other time before. He cant bring us a championship as a scoring guard, especially if the solid pieces are on the team. In 2001 AI took his team to the finals but he had no solid pieces to beat a bigtime laker team. We have the pieces but there no good if there not used to 75% of there potential.

Or how about giving Parker time to adjust to having players who can actually score other than himself.

spursfan09
11-16-2009, 09:04 AM

Ehh... not so much :)

portnoy1
11-16-2009, 09:06 AM
Im not one of those fans that says he is the best player in the world when he score 30 and then turnsaround and says how he needs to be benched when he cant get others involved. I know his weaknesses and strengths and I praise or complain about them accordingly. Bottom line, Can he score (YES) can he get others involved without screwing up his game(NO). Thats the way i look at him and then I praise/complain depending on what the team needs from him.

timaios
11-16-2009, 09:09 AM
Im not one of those fans that says he is the best player in the world when he score 30 and then turnsaround and says how he needs to be benched when he cant get others involved. I know his weaknesses and strengths and I praise or complain about them accordingly. Bottom line, Can he score (YES) can he get others involved without screwing up his game(NO). Thats the way i look at him and then I praise/complain depending on what the team needs from him.

Whatever makes you feel good about yourself. :lol

portnoy1
11-16-2009, 09:13 AM
Or how about giving Parker time to adjust to having players who can actually score other than himself.
Do I have a choice? He can score and pass off penetration. Ill give him that and then some. Looking for guys moving without the ball or looking for someone in their spots, in the post or off curls is not his game and never has been. great PG's make their mark by what their able to do without working hard and getting the most out of the guys they play with regardless of their skill level. Parker makes Bonner/RMJ look good cause he is a slasher and their shooters. It goes hand in hand. Magic Johnson made Kurt Rambis look good. When Parker can turn players with limited offensive abilities into threats thats when you know he has arrived as top and true PG.

portnoy1
11-16-2009, 09:14 AM
Whatever makes you feel good about yourself. :lol
OK I feel good, buts thats cause i just finished drinking my coffee:wakeup

ElNono
11-16-2009, 09:14 AM
This thread is dumb.
I'll be much happier with Tony if he would at least take pride on his defense. I don't know if his lack of focus and effort on defense has anything to do with nursing that ankle injury, but if that's the case, then he needs to sit down until he's fully healed. (And BTW, same goes for Manu and his hamstring).

portnoy1
11-16-2009, 09:16 AM
This thread is dumb.
I'll be much happier with Tony if he would at least take pride on his defense. I don't know if his lack of focus and effort on defense has anything to do with nursing that ankle injury, but if that's the case, then he needs to sit down until he's fully healed. (And BTW, same goes for Manu and his hamstring).
I cant really fault TP for the defense. He works too hard on offense to begin with, and you have to react to your defenders movements which is alot more work on body.

spursfan09
11-16-2009, 09:17 AM
This thread is dumb.

I think Parker is hurt/tired from carrying load last season, and playing for NT. Thats why RJ and GHill are a breath of fresh air, and play with alot of energy. TP is just not into an early November game. Not that thats right.

ElNono
11-16-2009, 09:18 AM
I cant really fault TP for the defense. He works too hard on offense to begin with, and you have to react to your defenders movements which is alot more work on body.

I can. If we are to be one of the top defensive teams in the league, and we know for a fact the players have talked about being just that when the season started, you simply cannot have those holes in the perimeter.
We have enough offense on this team. We can't get enough defense.

portnoy1
11-16-2009, 09:20 AM
I think Parker is hurt/tired from carrying load last season, and playing for NT. Thats why RJ and GHill are a breath of fresh air, and play with alot of energy. TP is just not into an early November game. Not that thats right.
In that case he should be benched on B2B's so he can have a good amount of energy to devote to a game. The west is tough and getting in a big hole early is unacceptble this season. Benching Parker on a B2B gives him rest and more shots for RJ/Hill.

TJastal
11-16-2009, 09:25 AM

Harsh.

TP has been a dynamic scoring point guard throughout his career but he defenitely has looked fatigued and lacking his usual explosiveness from the very start of the season. His shots aren't falling with the regularity were accustomed to, he's been prone to turnovers, and his defense is awful. This could be due to playing over the summer, or rolling his ankle recently, who knows. Could be a little stiffness setting in from all the years of pounding his body has taken already.

Bottom line here is when he is not efficient offensively he has no way to make up for it. He seldom assists his teammates in scoring opportunities and he's not contributing anything on defense.

I know alot of people on this forum love him, but the stark truth of the matter is the spurs played better not only last year, but now AGAIN this year when George Hill stepped in as the starter. When he was in there it seemed like everyone got involved in the offense more instead of standing around waiting for Parker to go 1 on 5.

So what to make of this? A trade for a big man and wing might not be a bad idea right now. I've mentioned this trade before and I'll say it again.

Biedrins/Jackson/Law

for

Parker/Bonner/Finley

It works for both teams, it gives the spurs a good defensive interior presence in Biedrins who can start and still allow McDyess to come off the bench plus a lockdown defender at the wing and it gives GS salary cap relief. Jackson is a great ball handler/passer so he'll help make up the loss of a point guard. Acie Law is there too just in case ala Jacque Vaughn type role.

Caveat: The year the warriors upset the mavericks in the 1st round of playoffs (2006 i believe), Jackson was an integral part of that as was Biedrins who was inserted into the starting lineup in the 3rd game and the warriors went on to beat them. So if nothing else it proves a team with Biedrins as a starting center can beat a very talented mavericks squad.

portnoy1
11-16-2009, 09:25 AM
I can. If we are to be one of the top defensive teams in the league, and we know for a fact the players have talked about being just that when the season started, you simply cannot have those holes in the perimeter.
We have enough offense on this team. We can't get enough defense.Parker never has been GREAT defensively, Defense starts on the Inside. If their is no one protecting the rim then everytime a wing defender gets beat its a gauranteed bucket. If the spurs establish paint defense, then their wings can body up and force them to the baseline like back in the old days(meaning 2 seasons ago). You force someone to the baseline today then your gonna have Matt Bonner getting posterized. A wing defenders defense is only as good as the help. Artest can play aggresive cause he has Bynum/Gasol behind him. Dantay Jones could play agressive cause of Nene/Birdman. We cant cause no one is guarding the paint.

portnoy1
11-16-2009, 09:30 AM
Harsh.

TP has been a dynamic scoring point guard throughout his career but he defenitely has looked fatigued and lacking his usual explosiveness from the very start of the season. His shots aren't falling with the regularity were accustomed to, he's been prone to turnovers, and his defense is awful. This could be due to playing over the summer, or rolling his ankle recently, who knows. Could be a little stiffness setting in from all the years of pounding his body has taken already.

Bottom line here is when he is not efficient offensively he has no way to make up for it. He seldom assists his teammates in scoring opportunities and he's not contributing anything on defense.

I know alot of people on this forum love him, but the stark truth of the matter is the spurs played better not only last year, but now AGAIN this year when George Hill stepped in as the starter. When he was in there it seemed like everyone got involved in the offense more instead of standing around waiting for Parker to go 1 on 5.

So what to make of this? A trade for a big man and wing might not be a bad idea right now. I've mentioned this trade before and I'll say it again.

Biedrins/Jackson/Law

for

Parker/Bonner/Finley

It works for both teams, it gives the spurs a good defensive interior presence in Biedrins who can start and still allow McDyess to come off the bench plus a lockdown defender at the wing and it gives GS salary cap relief. Jackson is a great ball handler/passer so he'll help make up the loss of a point guard. Acie Law is there too just in case ala Jacque Vaughn type role.

Caveat: The year the warriors upset the mavericks in the 1st round of playoffs (2006 i believe), Jackson was an integral part of that as was Biedrins who was inserted into the starting lineup in the 3rd game and the warriors went on to beat them. So if nothing else it proves a team with Biedrins as a starting center can beat a very talented mavericks squad.
I like biedrins/Jackson too, but SJax will never be allowed back in SA(spurs have a no knucklehead rule) Biedrins numbers are bloated cause he plays with 4 guards. So with Tim he wouldnt have a big enough impact for the FO to swallow his $9million a year contract. Oh and the last one spurs wont trade Parker. Why break up a family? Husband - Pop / Wife - Finley Son - Parker(Pop practically put him on the map)

ElNono
11-16-2009, 09:33 AM
Parker never has been GREAT defensively, Defense starts on the Inside. If their is no one protecting the rim then everytime a wing defender gets beat its a gauranteed bucket. If the spurs establish paint defense, then their wings can body up and force them to the baseline like back in the old days(meaning 2 seasons ago). You force someone to the baseline today then your gonna have Matt Bonner getting posterized. A wing defenders defense is only as good as the help. Artest can play aggresive cause he has Bynum/Gasol behind him. Dantay Jones could play agressive cause of Nene/Birdman. We cant cause no one is guarding the paint.

I don't disagree that our interior D has been weak too. I've been waving that flag since pretty much last season, and especially this season seeing that TD needs serious help. Playing tons of small ball with TD being the sole big doesn't help.
However, as you explain, our defensive system actually starts on the perimeter, by having guards prevent penetration from the middle and instead funneling players towards the baseline, where it's easier for shot blockers like Tim.
Parker has been a great defender. Maybe not the greatest, but he has played against top PGs in the league and defended them well. At the very least, he simply has not been as terrible as he has been this season.
There could be many reasons for that: Lack of focus being that it's november, nursing injury, being spent... whatever it is, needs to be addressed.

TJastal
11-16-2009, 09:40 AM
I like biedrins/Jackson too, but SJax will never be allowed back in SA(spurs have a no knucklehead rule) Biedrins numbers are bloated cause he plays with 4 guards. So with Tim he wouldnt have a big enough impact for the FO to swallow his $9million a year contract. Oh and the last one spurs wont trade Parker. Why break up a family? Husband - Pop / Wife - Finley Son - Parker(Pop practically put him on the map)

Is Bonner then the red-headed step child?

portnoy1
11-16-2009, 09:41 AM
Is Bonner then the red-headed step child?

yeah either that or adopted:lmao:lmao:lmao

Agloco
11-16-2009, 10:29 AM

DaBears
11-16-2009, 12:27 PM
aside from trading michael Finley which weill never happen (cause he too old).... TP is the most trade worthy player i think u can get good return for him.....I think you can still win a championship without a great point guard all u need is a descent one that can pass and shoot well when open...... Now this is not to say we should trade the guy just saying we could live without him... Maybe trade him for a big guy.....

Brazil
11-16-2009, 05:20 PM
This is just a sad sad thread, 8 games below expectation and here we go TP haters coming back at full speed... sad. The guy plays hard contributes to 3 rings last year was his best season ever and after 8 games: trade him for biedrins.

Martin R
01-13-2010, 06:57 PM
I wasn't THAT wrong after all, gentlemen....:nope

Brazil
01-13-2010, 07:00 PM

yes you are. Your bump is lame

BanditHiro
01-13-2010, 07:00 PM
This is just a sad sad thread, 8 games below expectation and here we go TP haters coming back at full speed... sad. The guy plays hard contributes to 3 rings last year was his best season ever and after 8 games: trade him for biedrins.

Man it seems a lot of us have gotten really spoiled.

Chieflion
01-13-2010, 07:01 PM
Fail. Even if the Spurs did trade him, he would return because he will fail the physical anyway.

007nites
01-13-2010, 07:10 PM
Parker and Jefferson for Raymond Felton and Gerald Wallace. This way we have a legitimate shot blocker other then Timmy.

Martin R
01-13-2010, 07:36 PM
yes you are. Your bump is lame

keep eating crow.

EricB
01-13-2010, 09:16 PM
22 points 6 assists in the first half.

Yeah, trade him. Genius.

Admidave50
01-13-2010, 11:20 PM

What were you saying? Dumbass..

portnoy1
01-16-2010, 02:01 PM
22 points 6 assists in the first half.

Yeah, trade him. Genius.Yeah and he sure did alot in winning time didnt he. Like trying to get the offense on track by getting others involved. But wait, he had 22 and 6 in the first half he doesnt need to give up the ball then does he? Blair/Hill/RJ all seem to get better shots and opportunities when Manu handles the rock.

Bukefal
01-16-2010, 02:50 PM
I wonder why this thread hasnt been closed yet :rolleyes

Brazil
05-31-2013, 10:04 AM
I forgot this trade idea !!! Trade Parker for Biedrins

:lol Martin R
:lol portnoy1

100%duncan
05-31-2013, 10:08 AM
:lol good bump

Brazil
05-31-2013, 10:13 AM

Biedrins/Jackson/Law

for

Parker/Bonner/Finley

:lmao

Z mann R2
05-31-2013, 10:16 AM
BAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Big Empty
05-31-2013, 10:22 AM
Lmao

Brazil
05-31-2013, 12:34 PM