PDA

View Full Version : What The Hell Was That?

monosylab1k
11-11-2009, 11:00 PM
The more the Mavs change, the more they stay the same.

This is why nobody takes them seriously.

stretch
11-11-2009, 11:01 PM
mavs couldnt hit shit

spurs hit every fucking shot they threw up there

one of the worst games ever by dirk

props to spurs though

Culburn369
Yep, it was a statement game, albeit very early in the season. But, you categorically failed the test.

Too much symbolism, not enough substance.

Ghazi
It's you being a bitch.

No big deal, just 1 game. Moving along.

Bartleby
11-11-2009, 11:03 PM
lol mavs couldnt hit shit

lol spurs hit every fucking shot they threw up there

lol one of the worst games ever by dirk

lol props to spurs though

dirk4mvp
11-11-2009, 11:05 PM
America, eatin' my lunch from a single bowl

sribb43
11-11-2009, 11:07 PM
Mavs could probably beat the dream team one night only to came back the next and lose to a JUCO team

j.dizzle
11-11-2009, 11:07 PM
no big deal when the spurs shoot 35 three's a few of em are bound to go in haha

Hooks
11-11-2009, 11:08 PM
Dick>Maricon

:flag:

dirk4mvp
Dick>Maricon

you faggot

sribb43
Nice to see bogans so up for a game this season..what a bitch

monosylab1k
11-11-2009, 11:09 PM
No big deal, just 1 game.

Yeah, and Washington was "just 1 game" and New Orleans was "just 1 game" and pretty soon the Mavs will be the 7 seed going into the playoffs because of all those "just 1 game" games.

ulosturedge
11-11-2009, 11:09 PM
What happened to Marion tonight? Did he suit up? :rolleyes

sribb43
11-11-2009, 11:10 PM
It's you being a bitch.

No big deal, just 1 game. Moving along.

These are games that drop you to a 6 or 7 seed

stretch
11-11-2009, 11:13 PM
what happened to howard?

sribb43
11-11-2009, 11:15 PM
what happened to howard?

He took 10 shots in the first 5 minutes...he probably shouldn't have played tonight since to was a b2b

Findog
11-11-2009, 11:16 PM
Spurs should hold out Duncan and Parker if they ever meet us again if the playoffs.

Findog
11-11-2009, 11:16 PM
These are games that drop you to a 6 or 7 seed

Yep, classic trap games. Every team has these kinds of losses, but too many of them and you miss out on a top four seed.

Ghazi
11-11-2009, 11:19 PM
Until the guys make a habit of it I won't be too upset. We were "basically" on a 6 game winning streak coming into tonight.

The fact that we still had a chance in the 4th despite shooting like shit makes me think this team has more wherewithal than last years, and the fact that we haven't been blown out yet.

monosylab1k
11-11-2009, 11:21 PM
Until the guys make a habit of it I won't be too upset. We were "basically" on a 6 game winning streak coming into tonight.

The fact that we still had a chance in the 4th despite shooting like shit makes me think this team has more wherewithal than last years, and the fact that we haven't been blown out yet.

Yeah 3 out of 8 games really isn't a habit at all.

Ghazi please make us all happy here on SpursTalk and go Hunter S. Thompson yourself.

Shank
11-11-2009, 11:23 PM
That was shit. Guess they're not going to decide to get up for any game until it's too late.

Culburn369
Yep, classic trap games. Every team has these kinds of losses, but too many of them and you miss out on a top four seed.

Its what you've given away mentally in this kind of loss which brands & scars a team, Fin. There's nothing new to see in the Mavericks. It's business as usual.

Ghazi
that NOLA loss was a fluke loss. Wasn't a case of the Mavs not showing up or playing down to the competition.

Findog
11-11-2009, 11:24 PM
Its what you've given away mentally in this kind of loss which brands & scars a team, Fin. There's nothing new to see in the Mavericks. It's business as usual.

It's no different from how the Bobcats always go Katelyn Faber-style on the Lakers. Every team has these kinds of losses in the regular season. But it does worry me - these are the games that you're going to want back when you finish 51-31 instead of 57-25.

Fpoonsie
11-11-2009, 11:25 PM

But didn't the same thing happen last year? ...with the Spurs being much less deep than they are now?

Of course, I'm VERY aware of last year's playoffs, but I'm simply speaking "grand scheme"...

Culburn369
11-11-2009, 11:26 PM
that NOLA loss was a fluke loss. Wasn't a case of the Mavs not showing up or playing down to the competition.

You were afraid at tip. Once they put their finger down you throat and made you throw up you could relax & compete. As soon as you saw the light, your stomach roiled and you stepped out a door similar to the one Miami, Fl.

j.dizzle
11-11-2009, 11:28 PM
doesnt matter who u play..if you shoot 35% on the road you most likely arent gonna win unless ur palyin the knicks or timberwolves haha

Biggems
11-12-2009, 12:03 AM
Maybe Dirk should have flailed himself a little bit more, he might have gotten a few more gifts from the officials.

timaios
11-12-2009, 12:21 AM
mavs couldnt hit shit

props to spurs though

Spurs % for this game :

FG 42.5 %
3pts 41.2 %
FT 52.6 %

Indeed "spurs hit every fucking shot they threw up there". :lol

DPG21920
11-12-2009, 12:33 AM
Why do some of yall say the Mavs missed wide open shots, when the Spurs did the same thing? It is not like the Spurs were hitting contested shots and it is not like the Mavs cranked up their defense in the fourth quarter when the Spurs went cold.

Thompson
11-12-2009, 01:17 AM
Maybe Dirk should have flailed himself a little bit more, he might have gotten a few more gifts from the officials.

I still can't believe how many calls he gets just from flailing around when no one fouls him. Don't the refs supposedly watch game video to see if they missed any calls? Can we safely call that a myth now?

rayray2k8
11-12-2009, 02:15 AM
Dick>Maricon

:lol

TJastal
11-12-2009, 08:15 AM
I still can't believe how many calls he gets just from flailing around when no one fouls him. Don't the refs supposedly watch game video to see if they missed any calls? Can we safely call that a myth now?

Which game were you watching? I don't recall Nowitski flopping once in that game. All his fouls were legitimate, esp in the 4th quarter when McDyess tried for a steal over the top and knocked him over and then when Hill grabbed his arm on the way to the hoop to prevent a layup. Please cite examples of flopping to get calls instead of making false accusations.

If anything was questionable it was the foul they called on him when Blair drove to the basket and got caught too far underneath to do anything and fell down. That one looked like a true flop.

LA24
11-12-2009, 08:24 AM
No biggie. B2B game for Dallas. Sometimes it's hard to get up for a team missing their 1 or 2 best players. And often times, teams that are missing their best players play way over their heads. It's suffice to say that today was one of those cases.

Basketballgirl25
11-12-2009, 09:09 AM
Yeah, and Washington was "just 1 game" and New Orleans was "just 1 game" and pretty soon the Mavs will be the 7 seed going into the playoffs because of all those "just 1 game" games.

As much as I hate the Mavs I don't think they will get 7th seed, maybe 5th or 6th though, just because I've heard they have a lot of back to back games, so as the season goes on could hurt them cause of age.

BUMP
11-12-2009, 09:12 AM
I don't see what the big fuss is about?

Oh wait I forgot, NBA teams play hard every night and the 8th game of the season means everything. The Spurs didn't play particularly hard with their best players out or anything

Basketballgirl25
11-12-2009, 09:18 AM
Did you see how pathetic your Nets team played last night...:wow

did you see the Nets only have 8 damn players, and one start playing as of right now. Yeah they haven't won any games, but they have one god damn starter, so I wouldn't judge them yet, they have bench players playing and they are doing a pretty good job as trying to keep the games close.

You can judge the Mavs they have all the starters:toast

Spursmania
11-12-2009, 09:32 AM
What happened to Marion tonight? Did he suit up? :rolleyes

Marion doing what he's supposed to do against the Spurs. Same old Marion.

Finperro
11-12-2009, 10:08 AM
Did you see how pathetic your Nets team played last night...:wow
Nets are by now the only team with no win.

all_heart
11-12-2009, 10:28 AM
Marion doing what he's supposed to do against the Spurs. Same old Marion.

Exactly..

Mavs couldn't beat the Spurs w/out their 2 Final MVPs... :wow
Don't worry you'll get another chance next week that's unless Dirk is on his period... :lol

monosylab1k
11-12-2009, 10:33 AM
I don't see what the big fuss is about?

Oh wait I forgot, NBA teams play hard every night and the 8th game of the season means everything. The Spurs didn't play particularly hard with their best players out or anything

So you're saying that you're pleased to know that in 8 games, the Mavs have already put out 2 half-assed efforts and 1 choke job of epic proportions? That's acceptable to you?

Indazone
11-12-2009, 10:48 AM
Ah well the Rockets softened up the Mavs for you guys. They took the wood to us and now you guys took the wood to them. Nothing brings out more trash talking than the Mavs vs Spurs. It's just too funny.

Next up. Spurs vs Rockets!

Agloco
11-12-2009, 11:07 AM
mavs couldnt hit shit

props to spurs though

42.5% .......... :rolleyes

Agloco
11-12-2009, 11:08 AM
Dick>Maricon

:lmao

all_heart
11-12-2009, 11:22 AM
5 wins are satisfying outputs for our first 8 games IMHO, given how many b2bs are contained in this period. Plus, we haven't got a scrub opponent for any of these games except the Clippers, so it's foreseeable that we'll win more games than 5/8 of the remainder.

Yea, that kind of math always works... don't be a moron!:rollin

Spursmania
11-12-2009, 12:28 PM
Ah well the Rockets softened up the Mavs for you guys. They took the wood to us and now you guys took the wood to them. Nothing brings out more trash talking than the Mavs vs Spurs. It's just too funny.

Next up. Spurs vs Rockets!

When do we play you guys? Should be a good game.:toast

DAF86
11-12-2009, 12:37 PM
No biggie. B2B game for Dallas. Sometimes it's hard to get up for a team missing their 1 or 2 best players. And often times, teams that are missing their best players play way over their heads. It's suffice to say that today was one of those cases.

I'm sensing fear on Lakers fans.

jag
11-12-2009, 12:52 PM
I'm sensing fear on Lakers fans.

Maybe towards the Celtics...

DAF86
11-12-2009, 12:57 PM
Maybe towards the Celtics...

All I know is that I saw a lot of Lakers fans frustrated with seeing the Spurs win two in a row without Tim and Tony.

koriwhat
11-12-2009, 01:10 PM
America, eatin' my lunch from a single bowl

quoting a shitty "comedian"...

dirk4mvp
11-12-2009, 01:32 PM

now i'm quoting a shitty poster.

BUMP
11-12-2009, 01:43 PM
So you're saying that you're pleased to know that in 8 games, the Mavs have already put out 2 half-assed efforts and 1 choke job of epic proportions? That's acceptable to you?

You're probably asking the wrong guy

I'm a loyal fan but im not really that into them as much as i used to be.

i'm not really expecting a whole lot from them this year so i dont really care if they put out half ass efforts every once in awhile:lol

mavs>spurs2
11-12-2009, 02:02 PM
don't worry guys, tomorrow we get to redeem ourselves by curb-stomping the shit outta the T-pups. sweet fucking redemption :lol

Shank
11-12-2009, 02:10 PM

I don't know what you're talking about. Patton Oswalt is fucking awesome.

BlackBellamy
11-12-2009, 02:16 PM
I don't know what you're talking about. Patton Oswalt is fucking awesome.

Agreed, you gotta eat the bowl while listening to This Mortal Coil's "It'll End in Tears" record in the dark. Don't be too upset Mavs fans, going by stats Marion put up some Bonner-esque numbers last night. That's a silver lining, eh?

Findog
11-12-2009, 02:21 PM
Agreed, you gotta eat the bowl while listening to This Mortal Coil's "It'll End in Tears" record in the dark. Don't be too upset Mavs fans, going by stats Marion put up some Bonner-esque numbers last night. That's a silver lining, eh?

I hope everybody got served bowls on the chartered flight back to Dallas.

BlackBellamy
11-12-2009, 02:25 PM
I hope everybody got served bowls on the chartered flight back to Dallas.

:lol For all the Dallas Fans that missed their flights...
http://i1008.photobucket.com/albums/af206/Black_Bellamy/famousbowl.jpg
for you. :toast

Ghazi
11-12-2009, 05:21 PM

Shut the fuck up, Christ.

BUMP
11-12-2009, 06:41 PM
I hate to be the bearer of bad news (Ghazi, mono) but if you're expecting a championship from Dallas this year your gonna be sadly disappointed

sribb43
11-12-2009, 09:49 PM
I hate to be the bearer of bad news (Ghazi, mono) but if you're expecting a championship from Dallas this year your gonna be sadly disappointed

Along with Derek Harper who wet his pants over the Mavs beating a Gasol less Laker team.....a fuckin win over a short handed team in October doesn't make u a contender

sribb43
11-13-2009, 10:52 AM
Then it should be a convincing win when our boys in blue returned from double digit deficit and eventually blew the shit out of the Rockets in Houston the other day, given how nice the Rockets look so far this season.

The game was in Dallas, not houston, and the rockets aren't a contending teamand to get all happy beating a rockets team after being down 17 is absurd. This team is still terribly inconistent

Findog
11-13-2009, 12:25 PM
Along with Derek Harper who wet his pants over the Mavs beating a Gasol less Laker team.....a fuckin win over a short handed team in October doesn't make u a contender

Hey, I don't expect the Mavs to make it past the 2nd round, but we were missing Josh. The Lakers would roll us in the playoffs, but that win was legit.

picc84
11-13-2009, 12:40 PM
What the fuck. Josh? If Josh Howard was Barack Obama, Mavs fans would be FoxNews. I hear nothing but shit talking about this clown from Dallas fans and witness myself his penchant for being Michael Jordan in the first quarter and Jeffrey Jordan for the rest of the game, and now his absence neutralizes Pau fucking Gasol? If that isn't some homer bullshit.

I'm glad you guys think you accomplished something with that win, make it all the better when shit gets real.

Findog
11-13-2009, 12:46 PM
What the fuck. Josh? If Josh Howard was Barack Obama, Mavs fans would be FoxNews. I hear nothing but shit talking about this clown from Dallas fans and witness myself his penchant for being Michael Jordan in the first quarter and Jeffrey Jordan for the rest of the game, and now his absence neutralizes Pau fucking Gasol? If that isn't some homer bullshit.

I'm glad you guys think you accomplished something with that win, make it all the better when shit gets real.

U mad? You were missing your second-best player, we were missing our second-best player. The Mavs were just winning the game in November they were supposed to win, no surprises there.

picc84
11-13-2009, 12:54 PM
Yes mad. Pau's baby brother inside his dad's nutsac right now is better than Josh Howard.

Josh Howard = bum

Dallas Mavericks = November 4th champions

Add that trophy to 2006 'inside cubans mind' finals and 2009 first round.

:lobt2::lobt2::lobt2:

Findog
11-13-2009, 01:03 PM
Yes mad. Pau's baby brother inside his dad's nutsac right now is better than Josh Howard.

Josh Howard = bum

Dallas Mavericks = November 4th champions

Can you fucking read?

Hey, I don't expect the Mavs to make it past the 2nd round, but we were missing Josh. The Lakers would roll us in the playoffs, but that win was legit.

Just who the fuck are you talking to, anyway? A wall? Who are you debating?

monosylab1k
11-13-2009, 01:09 PM

Not expecting a championship, just expecting improvement and consistent effort. I'm not some Mavs player cock gobbler like Ghazi who just wants them to play hard some of the time, but never on the 2nd night of a back to back against a severely shorthanded opponent.

Muser
11-13-2009, 01:11 PM
Insecure Laker Fan getting owned :lmao

picc84
11-13-2009, 01:12 PM

Josh Howard = Pau Gasol

Muser
11-13-2009, 01:15 PM
God you're retarded.

picc84
11-13-2009, 01:18 PM
Most the time you cant even tell Josh "1st quarter" Howard is on the court. Whats retarded is Mavs fans citing him as some huge loss when they spend all their time bitching about how much he sucks.

Muser
11-13-2009, 01:19 PM
When you lose a player that averages 18 ppg for your team it is kinda a big loss.

picc84
11-13-2009, 01:21 PM
And the T'wolves missed Mike James's 20ppg.

Muser
11-13-2009, 01:23 PM
Bad comparison, T'Wolves suck ass regardless.

Findog
11-13-2009, 01:25 PM
Josh Howard = Pau Gasol

Josh Howard means as much to the Mavs as Gasol does to the Lakers. They go from good to very good, just like the Lakers go from very good to elite with Gasol.

The Lakers almost never blow the Mavs out...they always win, but it almost always comes down to the wire. Just get over the fact that we're more competitive than you would like to give us credit for. It was a legit regular-season win. I wouldn't in a million years pick Dallas over LA in a playoff series.

Ghazi
11-13-2009, 01:30 PM
The game was in Dallas, not houston, and the rockets aren't a contending teamand to get all happy beating a rockets team after being down 17 is absurd. This team is still terribly inconistent

Please! This team was basically on a 6 game win streak coming into the Spurs' game. Just because Barea/Terry couldn't hit their FT's doesn't mean the guys are inconsistent, it just means they missed some FT's.

Mavs have a top 5 margin of victory in the league right now as well.

There's not enough evidence yet to determine that this team will be just as inconsistent this year as last year. If we lose to the TWolves tonight maybe I'll concede that :D

picc84
11-13-2009, 01:31 PM
Yeah, whatever. That would be more credible if mavs fans didnt spend every waking moment dissing that clown. I can count at least 3 other players outside Dirk better for that team, when Howard doesn't play you can barely fucking tell, 18 empty ppg or not.

monosylab1k
11-13-2009, 01:36 PM
Please! This team was basically on a 6 game win streak coming into the Spurs' game.

Will somebody please go DC Sniper on Ghazi for me?

Ghazi
11-13-2009, 01:38 PM
I'm just tellin it like it is. Mavs winnin 55+ this year TAKE THAT SHIT TO THE BANK (unless we get injured).

Chris Paul
11-13-2009, 03:26 PM
Speaking of bitches, I just got done plowing your wife. If you wanna go into the room and jerk off to the scent of our stank, go ahead.

Hey man, things are tough without you. I remember when everytime I was in trouble I could just throw the ball up there and you would dunk it. Okafor can't do that shit, he gets me fucking pissed. But Tyson, you know you can't guard me though, right?

sribb43
11-13-2009, 03:27 PM
With no Smokey around mavs aren't winning 55 games plus...once again Dirk will have to carry the team on his back to get to 50 wins again

Findog
11-13-2009, 03:39 PM
I can count at least 3 other players outside Dirk better for that team, when Howard doesn't play you can barely fucking tell, 18 empty ppg or not.

You're a fucking dumbass. Just compare their winning % with and without him last year. It's no coincidence they were barely above .500 without him and went on a tear with him healthy for the stretch run last year.

I don't come to Lakersground and knock the dick out of your mouth. Try knowing what you're talking about before you start pecking with one finger on the keyboard. I've never seen such a pantywaist freak out over an early November loss.

Sportstudi
11-13-2009, 03:59 PM
With no Smokey around mavs aren't winning 55 games plus...once again Dirk will have to carry the team on his back to get to 50 wins again

As usual...

picc84
11-13-2009, 04:47 PM
You're a fucking dumbass. Just compare their winning % with and without him last year. It's no coincidence they were barely above .500 without him and went on a tear with him healthy for the stretch run last year.

I don't come to Lakersground and knock the dick out of your mouth. Try knowing what you're talking about before you start pecking with one finger on the keyboard. I've never seen such a pantywaist freak out over an early November loss.

I was in a really bad mood earlier today. It showed. Sorry bout that. :toast

He's still not the Mavs Gasol though. And is this MavsTalk.com? I don't post at lakersground but if you did I wouldn't mind.

ElNono
11-13-2009, 04:48 PM
Smokey is an issue. The real question is wether you should ride Dirk now and let JHo heal, or play JHo now, hope you make the playoffs quickly and he can get some games to rest at the end of the season, but risk an even worse injury in the process.

Another issue, IMHO, is that the bench got worse. Bass brought a lot of energy. Gooden looks pissed half the time and he just fucking sucks overall.

Culburn369
11-13-2009, 04:48 PM
when Howard doesn't play you can barely fucking tell, 18 empty ppg or not.

Yes. picc, just hitting it square.

Findog
11-13-2009, 04:52 PM

I was in a really bad mood earlier today. It showed. Sorry bout that. :toast

He's still not the Mavs Gasol though. And is this MavsTalk.com? I don't post at lakersground but if you did I wouldn't mind.

Sorry for calling you a fucking dumbass. No, he's not as good as Gasol, but he means as much to our team as Gasol does to yours. Your team is not elite without Gasol. Our team is not at the very good level without Josh. Since both teams were missing their #2 guys, I think that was a legit win. Of course the Lakers would prevail in a 7-game series. Just admit the Mavs were better that one night.

There's Bad Josh and Good Josh. Bad Josh chucks up jumpers and does nothing else. Good Josh slashes to the basket and wreaks havoc on both ends. Good Josh showed up around March last year and the Mavs were a much better team. Then Billups mangled his ankle in Game 1 of the Denver series and we were toast.

Findog
11-13-2009, 04:54 PM
Smokey is an issue. The real question is wether you should ride Dirk now and let JHo heal, or play JHo now, hope you make the playoffs quickly and he can get some games to rest at the end of the season, but risk an even worse injury in the process.

Another issue, IMHO, is that the bench got worse. Bass brought a lot of energy. Gooden looks pissed half the time and he just fucking sucks overall.

Jet, Tim Thomas, Humphries and Barea is a good bench.

If I were the Mavs, I'd let Josh take his time to heal. I have no idea what is going on with his ankle. He had surgery 5 months ago. In any event, they can package him, Dampier + Gooden in February if need be, since those are all expirings.

G-Nob
11-13-2009, 04:58 PM
J-Ho out indefinitely...

http://www.dallasbasketball.com/fullColumn.php?id=2232

picc84
11-13-2009, 04:59 PM
Its all good, everything was pissing me off this morning. I've got other things to worry about anyway, like the Thuggets and making sure JR doesn't try to give any of our players a ride to the airport tonight.