PDA

View Full Version : McDyess D

Spurs Brazil
11-11-2009, 11:13 PM
I loved how he played Dirk, very physical and trying to get some steals.

I hope he starts next to TD and Pop bring Bonner off the bench.

9pts 9rebs 3stls

stretch
11-11-2009, 11:15 PM
are you kidding? dirk was getting off any shot he wanted at will. unfortunately he completely fucked every opportunity up that he had to hit the shots he loves to shoot

Spurs Brazil
11-11-2009, 11:16 PM
are you kidding? Dirk was getting off any shot he wanted at will. Unfortunately he completely fucked every opportunity up that he had to hit the shots he loves to shoot

9-27fg

SequSpur
11-11-2009, 11:17 PM
9-27fg

burn...

HarlemHeat37
He played physical with Dirk and contested his shots, which is all you can ask for..

He also battled for rebounds, played aggressively on both ends..

He's usually automatic from mid-range, so he hasn't gotten into that rhythm yet..once he does, other teams are going to pay for that..Mavs gave him a lot of open looks..

ShoogarBear
Dirk was just missing the shots he's supposed to miss.

angelbelow
11-11-2009, 11:19 PM
are you kidding? dirk was getting off any shot he wanted at will. unfortunately he completely fucked every opportunity up that he had to hit the shots he loves to shoot

He was getting worked on every shot.

Dice
11-11-2009, 11:20 PM
I loved how he played Dirk, very physical and trying to get some steals.

I hope he starts next to TD and Pop bring Bonner off the bench.

9pts 9rebs 3stls

I was glad to see that he did it without getting himself in foul trouble early. I'm also anxious to see him start along side Duncan and see how well they can dominate the boards together.

mazerrackham

Did you stop watching after the first quarter? Sure Dirk missed many shots he normally makes in the first, and some of them were pretty wiiiiide open, but McDyess played much better defense from the 2nd quarter on....Dirk is really good though and still warmed up after his cold start.

ducks
wish pop put dice on him in playoffs not tonight
next game try somone else

TimDunkem

If they're not going in then who the fuck cares?

HarlemHeat37
11-11-2009, 11:21 PM
The thing with Dirk..it's impossible to tell whether he's taking bad shots or not..his game is based entirely on taking awkward, off-balance, rainbow Js..oh, getting phantom fouls is a huge part of his game too, as we know all too well..

SequSpur
11-11-2009, 11:21 PM
wgaf...game over...scoreboard... fuck nowitski.

rayray2k8
11-11-2009, 11:22 PM
I'm a believer of this guy. Spurs D is back!

loveforthegame
11-11-2009, 11:22 PM
Dice played Dirk as well as anyone can. No one is going to shut him down but if you can make things difficult for him that's all you can ask for. Dirk's a great player and will make some of those shots next time.

jcrod
11-11-2009, 11:24 PM
Great to see, he played him very well. I can't wait to see a starting five of tp, bogans, rj, td and mcdyess.

crc21209
11-11-2009, 11:27 PM
Dice did a GREAT job all night on Dirk whenever he was on him...he doesnt bite on any of Dirk's stupid fakes...

in2deep
11-11-2009, 11:28 PM
not to mention his jumper is sweet!

EricB
11-11-2009, 11:29 PM
Jefferson did a fantastic job on Dirk too.

That possession he switched off on him in the 4th was a total flashback to Jackson vs Dirk in 2007.

Jefferson muscled him up gave him no room and just got in his face while dirk stumbled and smeared his lipstick while falling to the floor.

exstatic
11-11-2009, 11:31 PM
The good thing that Dice did was make him a jump shooter. Dirk tried to post him a couple of times (:lol) and basically bounced off and had to shoot a J.

Dirk is at his best as a multi threat shoot/drive/post option. He absolutely CANNOT post up McDyess.

We also rebounded MUCH better than usual against Dallas. Usually stopping Dirk once isn't enough. It was tonight. :)

lennyalderette
11-11-2009, 11:32 PM
man dallas is demoralized! great D to come its getting a hell of alot better and i cant wait for timmy to come back and join the party hahahahaha!!!! did you see dallas sore losers didnt even shake our hands, and they wonder why they cant get anywhere

EricB
11-11-2009, 11:33 PM
Ex is exactly right.

When the Mavericks put up a shot the miss was REBOUNDED>

Hill, Blair, McDyess, Jefferson all teamed up to grab boards.

Great great stuff.

Ice009
11-11-2009, 11:34 PM

Jumpshots don't fall when the pressure is on.\

You can't win a Championship shooting soft ass jumpshots all the time, but my all means keep watching your soft ass faggot Mavericks choke it up when the jumpers don't fall.

If Dirk doesn't get all those soft ass touch fouls then you guys are really in trouble.

pjjrfan
11-11-2009, 11:36 PM
Dirk got hot at the end mostly cause the refs kept sending him to the FT line, and McDyess got into foul trouble which helped Dirk get some easy buckets late in the game until the Spurs buckeled down and finished them off. For the most part McDyess gave Dirk plenty to handle on the defensive end. The refs had the hots for Dirk bailing him out several times. Both McDyes and Jefferson got tagged with fouls on Dirk on plays that should have been jump balls.

SenorSpur
11-11-2009, 11:36 PM
Obviously, you're not going to shut down Dirk completely. Dice did do a heckuva job on him. At least he played him physical and probably got into his head a bit. It was painful to watch Bonner trying to defend Dirk. He was getting abused. Matty gave a great effort, he's simply not fleet-a-foot.

lennyalderette
11-11-2009, 11:40 PM

umm okay so it wasnt the defense that hurt dirk it was his shooting lol he had 29 points and he had one of his lowest shooting % i dont think that all of a sudden the guy gets cold with 29pts. you should be really worried about us, you guys better watch tape of our B team before you start playing our starters