PDA

View Full Version : RJ and Dice looking like nice pick-ups now?

Dice
11-11-2009, 11:16 PM
I've enjoyed the hell out of these last two games and what I really like is the showings of Jefferson and McDyess. Their finally showing Spurs fans why everyone was so excited about them joining the team in the off season.

George Hill looks great out there and I can't help but wonder how big of blowouts these two games would have been if Mason had been hitting his shots.

I can't wait to see what happens once Tim and Tony are back and this team really gets it's defense locked in. I won't jinx it by saying how many wins I think they're capable of this season.

slick'81
11-11-2009, 11:17 PM
when were they not good pickups??

TIMMYD!
11-11-2009, 11:18 PM

+1

DesignatedT
11-11-2009, 11:20 PM
Lol. give these new guys sometime.. they will come around. this system isnt easy to jump in cold turkey and put up numbers. its going to take sometime. and we will prob lose to the thunder on sat and this place will melt down again. just give it time, it will work.

ffadicted
11-12-2009, 12:06 AM

this lol :hat

TIMMYD!
11-12-2009, 12:08 AM
lol. Give these new guys sometime.. They will come around. This system isnt easy to jump in cold turkey and put up numbers. Its going to take sometime. and we will prob lose to the thunder on sat and this place will melt down again. Just give it time, it will work.

wtf!!

BillMc
11-12-2009, 12:16 AM

+2

Riverwalkman
11-12-2009, 12:18 AM
They are always good pickups.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
11-12-2009, 12:22 AM

Oh, about 2 games ago, according to the number of bandwagoner cliff-jumping fucks who were calling them out. Fuck, I hate that shit. Cliffjumping should be a ban-able offence. :ihit

Tonight was just a taste test of what these guys, if used properly (ie. Dice as a STARTER) can do for this team.

I can't wait until Tim is back and Tim and Dice can start to form some chemistry at both ends. Hopefully the era of Bonner as starter has come to a close. He's perfect in the bench energy and shooting role.

TDMVPDPOY
11-12-2009, 12:33 AM
i seriously hope this has settled the rotation, we got something that works now for the last 2 games and its shown...unless fkn pop wants to smash it to pieces working away from his theory...

what we need is mcdyness and blair to lower their FPG....

rayray2k8
11-12-2009, 12:43 AM
Oh boy, now all of the sudden the tune on this forum completely changed.
It went from where we couldn't win a playoff game to where there's no one in the league
that can beat the spurs. :rolleyes

angelbelow
11-12-2009, 01:32 AM
I know what Dice means. there are a lot of stupid posters on this board who were ready to throw RJ under the bus.

Samr
11-12-2009, 01:38 AM
The Spurs are sick. Flat-out, disgustingly sick.

They're going to have their off nights, but damn, when they're on, they're on. Every single player brings something positive to the team. From rebounding, to defense, to three-point shooting, to slashing, to passing, to different combinations and sizes of all three.

RJ and McD are two of those players. They bring a lot more things than others.

But damn, when these Spurs go into May as a finely-tuned machine... just, wow. What RJ and McD displayed tonight should be nothing if not comforting. If tonight was any indicator, the Spurs are a very legitimate playoff team without their two best players.

And that's sick.

UnWantedTheory
11-12-2009, 02:46 AM

Exactly.

TJastal
11-12-2009, 05:31 AM
Anyone see at 11:29 in the 2nd quarter, McDyess just physically overpowered Dampier to get a rebound (refs called a foul on Damp for some reason).

I had to rewind tape to make sure it was actually Dampier and not Howard or Marion.

McDyess is a BEAST on those boards.

eisfeld
11-12-2009, 05:58 AM
Jefferson was a nice pickup early on. I'm just surprised he is doing so well offensively with just a few games under his belt with the Spurs.

I thought McDyess would struggle a bit but his game is spot on. And his midrange shots are money.

td_tp_manu
11-12-2009, 06:05 AM
The Mavs must feel bewildered - with the only two players that could play basketball last year's playoff being sidelined, this team looks sharply stronger! Thanks to RJ and Dice, and many more..

TJastal
11-12-2009, 06:12 AM
Jefferson was a nice pickup early on. I'm just surprised he is doing so well offensively with just a few games under his belt with the Spurs.

I thought McDyess would struggle a bit but his game is spot on. And his midrange shots are money.

RJ is really showing some nifty offensive capabilities now that he is the 1st or 2nd option.

This is one of the biggest reason I wanted BONNER out of the starting lineup, because with him bombing away 3's every time he was open along with the usual dose of TD/TP there really wasn't any touches left for RJ to get himself going. Now we finally get to see this guy could easily average 25+ a night if he was the #1 option.

TDMVPDPOY
11-12-2009, 06:29 AM
with gino or hill in the lineup with these 2, expect to get alot of touches, they tend to defer alot which is good

Warlord23
11-12-2009, 07:26 AM
Very few posters were jumping off of a cliff based on the level of play of RJ/Dice. All the (well-deserved) anger was because of Finley and Bonner getting minutes.

Bogans replacing Finley has been a welcome move. And I agree with TJastal that Bonner's absence from the starting lineup will positively affect RJ's production.

all_heart
11-12-2009, 08:40 AM
Oh, about 2 games ago, according to the number of bandwagoner cliff-jumping fucks who were calling them out. Fuck, I hate that shit. Cliffjumping should be a ban-able offence. :ihit

Tonight was just a taste test of what these guys, if used properly (ie. Dice as a STARTER) can do for this team.

I can't wait until Tim is back and Tim and Dice can start to form some chemistry at both ends. Hopefully the era of Bonner as starter has come to a close. He's perfect in the bench energy and shooting role.

AMEN to that!!
The Bonner stretching the floor theory is a bit over rated, because for that to actually work he would have to jack up a lot of 3's AND make them. Without another legit big out there hitting the boards, this has proven IMO to backfire. If you want to give TD room to operate down on the block, RJ is a much better option, he's not a 1 dimensional player like Bonner. There is nothing about Bonner that suggests he's starter quality and I think even he knows it. He looks much more comfortable coming off the bench and it shows.

Also sans TD, there is not much post play going on and the Spurs have picked up the tempo on offense. So.. when TD comes back, I think he needs to pick it up a little and make quicker choices, either do his thing down low or pass it out of the double team, holding the ball and waiting for something to happen will negate the effectiveness of the others, especially against better defensive teams like the Lakers and Celtics.

alamo50
11-12-2009, 08:51 AM
:lol

quentin_compson
11-12-2009, 09:19 AM
If those last two games are a sign of things to come for RJ and Dice, this team could be fuckin great.

SpurNation
11-12-2009, 09:50 AM
As pointed out before...even Horry had a learning curve before becoming acclimated to the Spurs.

What's great about McDyess and Jefferson is it appears their learning curve is much less. Both are going to be exactly the reason the Spurs went over the cap to sign these two.

Hopefully the fifth reason it was a good idea.

Obstructed_View
11-12-2009, 02:02 PM
There's no doubt Antonio was a great pick up. It's really nice that he's finally playing as well or better than Matt Bonner.