PDA

View Full Version : Jefferson's Free Throw Shooting...

superjames1992
11-11-2009, 11:44 PM
What's going on? RJ has been great over the last few games, but his free throw shooting has been abysmal all year? He's 64% on the season and was just 5/10 tonight. It's almost like since he joined the Spurs (who haven't been good at free throws over the last 5+ years), he's caught the free throw disease, LOL.

Otherwise, RJ has been awesome, though! :flag:

exstatic
11-11-2009, 11:48 PM
He's a Spur now. Get used to it.

VI_Massive
11-11-2009, 11:49 PM
He's a Spur now. Get used to it.

Ha! True!

Also, small sample size.

birdy219
11-11-2009, 11:50 PM
He's a Spur! What do you expect? :deadhorse

He is bonding with us. Geez, how long have you been a Spurs fan? :huh

There's a rule...... true Spurs miss freethrows, DUH! :flag:

BillMc
11-11-2009, 11:50 PM
Imagine Shaq's Free Throw Shooting if he had been a Spur! 20%!

EricB
11-11-2009, 11:52 PM
More mental than anything right now...

Overreacting..

ulosturedge
11-11-2009, 11:53 PM
Yup he is fitting in just fine. Well except for those dunks. A few more of those and Pop is going to start benching him!

TIMMYD!
11-12-2009, 12:03 AM
That's the one thing I've noticed about him, he always seems to hit only 1 of his 2 FTs.

VI_Massive
11-12-2009, 12:04 AM
That's the one thing I've noticed about him, he always seems to hit only 1 of his 2 FTs.

Also the tiny ears. I can't get over this. He has such small ears!

in2deep
11-12-2009, 12:04 AM
who cares

as long as he keeps attacking 75% of the time. good things will come. :tu

ffadicted
11-12-2009, 12:16 AM
FT shooting is always a good way to gauge how much a player belongs on the team.

This lets Peter know he made the right decision opening up his checkbook :toast

rayray2k8
11-12-2009, 12:19 AM
Motherfucker, we just won and you're still bitching about something.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
11-12-2009, 12:34 AM
RJ's shooting is his major drawback. Looking at it closely, he almost has a hitch at the point just above his head where he starts to sling the elbow forward... it's more a pause than a hitch, but I think it increases his inconsistency.

Time for RJ to get in the gym with Chip and sort his shit out. if Chip can totally rebuild Tony's jumper as he did, I reckon he can improve RJ's much more quickly as there isn't nearly as much wrong with it as there was with TP's! :lol

superbigtime
11-12-2009, 07:45 PM
He shot over 80% from the stripe last year. It'll come around.

EricB
11-12-2009, 07:47 PM
RJ's shooting is his major drawback. Looking at it closely, he almost has a hitch at the point just above his head where he starts to sling the elbow forward... it's more a pause than a hitch, but I think it increases his inconsistency.

Time for RJ to get in the gym with Chip and sort his shit out. if Chip can totally rebuild Tony's jumper as he did, I reckon he can improve RJ's much more quickly as there isn't nearly as much wrong with it as there was with TP's! :lol

Yeah I'm sure a 20 point a game all star candidate will jump right on this,.

Blackjack
11-12-2009, 07:54 PM
He's never been someone I'd call a great free-throw shooter but he's been pretty decent; mid-to-upper .70's is what I would have guessed if I hadn't looked at the numbers.

As long as he racks up the attempts though, I'll deal with the silver and black effect.

He'll eventually come around and get that percentage in the .70 range; if he gets it to .80, all the better..

exstatic
11-12-2009, 08:22 PM

Yeah I'm sure a 20 point a game all star candidate will jump right on this,.

Not to mention that it took TWO YEARS to fix Tony's J. :lol I'm pretty much looking at RJ as a two year rental. Tony and RJ's contracts are going to be up at the same time: one year before Tim retires. Guess who gets paid? Not RJ. I really don't want Chip to fix him for someone else.

ShoogarBear
11-12-2009, 08:25 PM
Also the tiny ears. I can't get over this. He has such small ears!

:lol

EricB
11-12-2009, 08:29 PM
Not to mention that it took TWO YEARS to fix Tony's J. :lol I'm pretty much looking at RJ as a two year rental. Tony and RJ's contracts are going to be up at the same time: one year before Tim retires. Guess who gets paid? Not RJ. I really don't want Chip to fix him for someone else.

If RJ likes it enough here he will stick around.

Doesn't come off as the type that almost demands big money.

Creation88
11-12-2009, 08:33 PM
i think he missed the first FT on every trip to the line.

draft87
11-13-2009, 01:36 AM
Motherfucker, we just won and you're still bitching about something.

hahahahahahahahaha

yeah, it's too early to get freaked out. What's up with everybody acting like SNAP Richard Jefferson is the perfect godsend. He dunks, he creates, he passes, he rebounds, WHAT THE FUCK WHY ISN'T HE SHOOTING 92% FT ??????!!!!!?!?!??!?!?!?!

Career FT isn't bad. Most likely is off from his mind being focused on the Spurs defense, his new role, new teammates, creating offense, keeping him team alive while the two stars are out....free throws aren't the fifth thing on his mind. Did you see his actual shots? they looked like Andris Biedrins-style bullets. His form is out-of-whack. Give it a bit.

raspsa
11-13-2009, 04:01 AM
Hewon't look so bad when the rest of the Spurs start clanging their FTs as is their custom.

angelbelow
11-13-2009, 04:19 AM
VERY small sample size

Admidave50
11-13-2009, 04:37 AM
I'm sure his FT% will get better as the season goes by!

exstatic
11-13-2009, 08:14 AM
If RJ likes it enough here he will stick around.

Doesn't come off as the type that almost demands big money.

I'd like it if he did, but he'd have to take a SEVERE paycut, like in half, to stick around. Most players resist this. In addition, the Spurs may not want anyone but Tony signed beyond Tim's expiration date.

Danny.Zhu
11-13-2009, 09:36 AM
He shot 78% FT in his career. Oh wait, that's before he joined us.

Brazil
11-13-2009, 09:43 AM
Spurs fans is the only fan base happy with a poor FTs % 50% ? Great ! he is spur material !!! :)

SpurNation
11-13-2009, 11:04 AM
:lol

Negotiation between Spurs and Jefferson.

Pop: We will only want you on the team if you shoot a lower FT% than your career stats indicate.

Jefferson: How about making only 1 of 2?

Pop: Welcome to the team.

Seriously...if that's all he is bad at this year...I'll take all the other stats over that one.

sananspursfan21
11-13-2009, 12:07 PM
oh well, he's scoring alot regardless

NFGIII
11-13-2009, 01:38 PM
He'll come around as the season wears on. Not worried - too early.

He shoots a much higher % over his career than he is now. He'll work it out.

:flag:

DBMethos
11-13-2009, 02:41 PM
Low FT shooting % has never cost the Spurs a championship. Shoddy defense and rebounding have. Oh, and miracle shots + stupid fouls.

ShoogarBear
11-13-2009, 02:58 PM
Low FT shooting % has never cost the Spurs a championship.

Exactly.

It's much more important to get to the line, and getting other teams into foul trouble.

Anyway, his FT% will come back.