PDA

View Full Version : Ironic isn't it

Ocotillo
04-19-2005, 04:09 PM
Last week I turned on CNN and they were doing a story on the man that is being held in Iraq. The last line of the story was, I'm paraphrasing that Condi Rice said The U.S. wanted him released but we do not negotiate with terrorists.

The next story was the trial of Eric Rudolph. In return for this helping the authorities find a cache of dynamite, Rudolph was given life rather than the death penalty.

Granted Rudolph is in custody unlike the ghouls in Iraq but the news accounts didn't refer to him as a terrorist.

Let's see:

Bombed an abortion clinic, check
Bombed Olympic Park during the Atlanta games, check
Bombed a gay nightclub, check

Motives were alluded to being related to religious beliefs, check

Is this not a terrorist?

Is it because he is a Christian white?

As a Christian white, I want this piece of trash treated as harshly as any Islamic middle eastern terrorist. Actually, more harshly because he stains my faith as well as being a murderer.

Anyone think we should have negotiated with this scum?

Spurminator
04-19-2005, 04:15 PM
I think it's different when you are negotiating with someone in custody. He's still caught, and he'll be in prison for life.

I think we'd absolutely negotiate with "terrorists" if they were in custody and they had information that would help us prevent another 9/11. There's probably plenty of plea bargaining going on at Guantanamo right now.

Useruser666
04-19-2005, 04:20 PM
Uh, even I would give Osama life in prison if he turned over everything he knew, and WAS ALREADY in jail.

MannyIsGod
04-19-2005, 04:21 PM
The word terrorist is simply a tool of propaganda. I've argued that before in here, albeit poorly, but no one really cares.

jalbre6
04-19-2005, 04:35 PM
Uh, even I would give Osama life in prison if he turned over everything he knew, and WAS ALREADY in jail.

He should be given life in prison, as long as it was in general population. Those bad motherfuckers behind bars with a chance at Osama would make Jeffrey Dahmer's prison death look awfully tame.

Also, if finding that dynamite stash saved the lives of people, it's worth it to give Rudolph life imprisonment instead. However useless his life is, it's worth the safety of innocents that might have perished for nothing.

With any luck, they'll find that Rudolph cocksucker one day raped and beaten to a pulp in prison like in my Osama scenario.

Nbadan
04-20-2005, 01:29 AM
The threat of RW fanatical terrorism outweighs the threat of Islamic terrorism in the U.S.. One could argue, albeit rather diligently in this forum, that the OC bombing was an act of RW fanatical terrorism, but were was the crackdown on these loonies?

cqsallie
04-20-2005, 02:05 AM
The threat of RW fanatical terrorism outweighs the threat of Islamic terrorism in the U.S.. One could argue, albeit rather diligently in this forum, that the OC bombing was an act of RW fanatical terrorism, but were was the crackdown on these loonies?
Incredibly ironic post, Nbadan! Wouldn't one think that the terrorists here at home are every bit as frightening as those cooking up plots several thousands of miles away? But No!
God somehow blesses these RW fanatics - are they not doing God's work? Just as, I suppose, God blesses religious fanatics of every ilk - they are ALL doing God's work in their own warped way. So, if were are to follow this reasoning, anyone who thinks that he or she is doing the work of God can be absolved of such silly sins as mass murder.
Abortion is murder, but the bombing of an abortion clinic with the possible result that mothers and unborn babies will die is okay. Makes sense to me...
Nut-cases will be nut-cases and will often espouse a cause which will allow them to do their nut-case thing. "Hey, look!" they seem to be saying, "I'm blowing people to bits and, gee whiz, I'm classified as a person who is doing the work of the lord! Can't get any better than this!"
I'm so tired of people making excuses for the killing of innocent people in the name of god. Just once, I'd like to hear god's opinion of this, from his/her own lips. Has anyone spoken to god lately and received the go-ahead to kill everybody who disagrees with your personal point of view? No? Didn't think so! :spin

Useruser666
04-20-2005, 07:39 AM
Who said Oklahoma was the work of RW conservatives? Who says RW conservatives are the only ones bombing abortion clinics? Nut jobs are nut jobs.

MannyIsGod
04-20-2005, 09:14 AM
Who said Oklahoma was the work of RW conservatives? Who says RW conservatives are the only ones bombing abortion clinics? Nut jobs are nut jobs.
You're right, it's the left wing nuts taking out abortion clinics.

:huh :huh :huh

Useruser666
04-20-2005, 09:23 AM
You're right, it's the left wing nuts taking out abortion clinics.

:huh :huh :huh

Sorry Manny, but are you saying that RWers are burning down SUVs and housing developments too? I simple classify nutjobs as nutjobs. They don't represent the "side" they supposedly fall on.

MannyIsGod
04-20-2005, 09:30 AM
Uh, No, I say LW nutjobs are doing those things.

But I also say that right wing nuts did the things you pointed out above. There's no debating that.

If you choose not to label then, then ok. But it doesn't change what they are.

mookie2001
04-20-2005, 12:07 PM
well blowing up abortion clinics and waxing abortion doctors has cost people their lifes.

i wish i could blow up suv's but i'm scared...
of legal punishment

Useruser666
04-20-2005, 01:20 PM
Uh, No, I say LW nutjobs are doing those things.

But I also say that right wing nuts did the things you pointed out above. There's no debating that.

If you choose not to label then, then ok. But it doesn't change what they are.

Exactly, nutjobs.