PDA

View Full Version : League pass question

murpjf88
11-12-2009, 02:53 AM
Is their anyone in this forum that received league pass last year at the beginning of the season. I need to know if you got in on the early season discount. Thanks.

duncan228
11-12-2009, 02:58 AM
I get the early bird discount for the TV package every year. I think it ran through November 3 this year, it's full price now. They'll cut it around the All-Star break.

angelbelow
11-12-2009, 05:00 AM
Yea I got the early bird discount as well for nba league pass broadband.

However, so far I am disappointed with broadband because so far I am experiencing severe lag and I have to "pause" and "skip to live" virtually every minute.

I don't know if there is a common fix or if this is something everyone experiences but if anyone has any tips, that would be great.

PS. i left a comment about this in the gamethread and was able to get a few pointers that I will probably try out.

It seems to go in and out, depending on many factors.

1. don't stream with other applications running. I only ever have the game and the game thread, and that seems to help.

2. it could be your browser - I'm going to try Chrome soon and see how it works on that. Firefox has become very slow and buggy.

3. it could be your internet connection.

Watch this game on replay - they don't buffer then! I think the buffering is often related to the NBA servers, not my machine.

However, Ice noted that Ruff does not reside in the US, so that may not be relevant to those living in the US.

YoMamaIsCallin
11-12-2009, 09:20 AM
If you have an iPhone or iPod Touch there's a $40 app that gives you league pass on your device. Live games plus full replays up to 48 hrs afterwards.

There's also a $10 app that gives you all audio broadcasts and video highlights. And a free one that just gives you scores and live monitoring, kind of the equivalent of the regular nba.com.

I downloaded the free one and it looks pretty nice.

Dice
11-12-2009, 10:19 AM
I also got the early bird pass last year and this year.