PDA

View Full Version : All aboard the Bonn-wagon!

Jose Ole
11-12-2009, 11:18 AM
Oh how the tables turn... how many of you were up on your feet, pumping your fists in the air, spilling your beer all over your dumbass when Bonner busted that 3 in the 4th quarter to stop our scoreless stretch and keep us from reaching a total meltdown... or any of the other times he hit a big shot or came up big on the defensive end?

My point: obviously Bonner is one of the most under-appreciated players on this board. Hated by many, respected by few. I know there's already a thread about Bonner coming off the bench and how he can still be a contributer to this team... posters in that thread seem to be the ones who know shit about basketball (ahhem Thispego). But I have a feeling that maybe now, if he continues to be more of a role player rather than our starting C with the addition of McDyess, folks around here just might start appreciating what Bonner brings to this team and give the man the respect he has earned.

Please have your tickets in hand when boarding the Bonn-wagon Express.

rayray2k8
11-12-2009, 11:22 AM
So you honestly believe Bonner is the reason why the spurs have turned it around?
If so, why did he lose his starting job?
I get that they'll use him during the season and he should do well, but people are critical of
him because they know, Bonner will fade away in the playoffs.....
Period.

Jose Ole
11-12-2009, 11:25 AM
I don't think he's the reason at all... I want Bonner as far away from center court at the start of a game just as much as anyone on this board, but it just gets a little old hearing from people around here how much of a joke player this guy is when he obviously puts numbers up and plays well... maybe not all the time, but the guy deserves more respect than what he gets is all I'm saying.

Interrohater
11-12-2009, 11:27 AM
Eh, I'll pass. I've said many times already that I think he's a great roleplayer and that with lots more instruction, he has the tools to be a complete player. But I'm not about to hop aboard his bandwagon.

misterx91578
11-12-2009, 11:31 AM
Bonn-wagon aka the short bus

all_heart
11-12-2009, 11:32 AM
I think Matt plays a great role on this team. Out of all of our expiring contract players him and Manu will be the hardest to trade away.

So you mean to tell me that Bonner is playing for a contract??!:rollin

SpurNation
11-12-2009, 11:33 AM
I don't think he really cares if anybody is on his wagon. But glad to hear some give him the benefit of the doubt.

xtremesteven33
11-12-2009, 11:45 AM
-Bonner sucks
-Bonner rules
-Bonner sucks
-Bonner rules
-Bonner sucks
-Bonner rules
-Bonner sucks
-Bonner rules
-Bonner sucks
-Bonner rules
-Bonner sucks
-Bonner rules
-Bonner sucks

rogcl1
11-12-2009, 11:46 AM
I think Matt plays a great role on this team. Out of all of our expiring contract players him and Manu will be the hardest to trade away.

Agreed. Bonner is a good hand to have around though not a starting center on a contending team. I believe the hate for Bonner comes from the fact that because of a lack of other options he was placed in the role of starting center and people expected something else from that position. If he can mantain any kind of consistency off the bench he will be a valuable asset to this team.
Manu is not going anywhere , now or next season. PC, being an old fart who watched the occasional game on network TV in the 60's and listened to the St. Louis Hawks broadcasts on the radio before that, I too am one who knows a little about the history of the early NBA. Good day to you.

CGD
11-12-2009, 11:47 AM
I've been a Bonner defender on this site for some time. That said, it is only a matter of time before he goes to the bench in favor of McDyess. Like yesterday showed, I think this is something that could greatly benefit the team. Matt's confidence has grown tremendously since he's been in S.A., and I no longer think that Pop needs to worry about babying him as much as in the past.

Bukefal
11-12-2009, 11:49 AM
Bonner is a good player, he is just doing his thing, not hyped, not popular. He is unnoticed by the fans, and when he does great, he still is unnoticed

Darkwaters
11-12-2009, 11:51 AM
The Bonn-Wagon? Like the city?

I heard a rumor that Germany is STILL working on moving pieces of the capital out of Bonn and back into Berlin. It's been 19 years since the Deutsche Wiedervereinigung. How could that be possible?!

Oh, is that not what you were talking about?

ElNono
11-12-2009, 12:02 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_y8SPNbAAKo8/SFdSSU0gpvI/AAAAAAAACSo/Fhptoyfc4s8/s400/totg-short-bus.jpg

DPG21920
11-12-2009, 12:34 PM
Bonner is a very good role player to have on a team. It is good to have players with different skill sets, because it allows for adjustments and match ups.

Bonner has his faults, but if you compare what he does with other 3M dollar per year players, he certainly looks much better. Say what you will about him, he has played very, very well these last two games and deserves a lot of credit. He will have his off nights, but name me any 3M dollar role player that does not?

ShoogarBear
11-12-2009, 12:37 PM
I think that's only maybe the 2nd or 3rd clutch shot I've ever seen Bonner hit in his entire Spur career.

DPG21920
11-12-2009, 12:38 PM
For real. I was stunned watching him fire that one. Big time moment in the game, against a big time rival and the team flailing, Bonner strokes it with no regard for human life.

thispego
11-12-2009, 01:26 PM
bonner didnt lose his starting role, the starting spots have been rotating since the beginning of the season. It's the morons who were flipping out over bonner starting at all who should feel lik dumbasses. I've been on the bonner band wagon since he LED THE LEAGUE in 3pt shooting for a significant chunk of last year

sabar
11-12-2009, 01:32 PM
He nailed that shot and a pair of FT no problem. Hopefully that is a sign of things to come. Other than Manu, who can be our ice-cold 3 point shooter? Finley's role is diminishing and Mason is in an ugly slump. Bogans could be a nice surprise on the offense end.

Spursmania
11-12-2009, 01:33 PM
i think that's only maybe the 2nd or 3rd clutch shot i've ever seen bonner hit in his entire spur career.

+1

Jose Ole
11-12-2009, 02:34 PM
:lmao

http://theredrocket.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/mattbonner-chucknorris.jpg

Interrohater
11-12-2009, 02:47 PM

LOL! :lmao
That dude to the left:
"Homie, wtf?! Bonner's cool, but...wtf?!"

evi11emons
11-12-2009, 02:49 PM

:lmao:lmao

beachwood
11-12-2009, 02:53 PM
It's going to take a few more 3's like that for me to forgive Bonner for his pathetic showing in last year's playoffs. He's got a lot of making up to do.

thispego
11-12-2009, 03:24 PM
i think that's only maybe the 2nd or 3rd clutch shot i've ever seen bonner hit in his entire spur career.

lets count em. First rockets game of the season last year he hit 2 or 3 clutch j's to bring the spurs from behind (along with drives by geogre hill) to win that game. Bonner heroics against boston last year. Bonners shot last night. That's probably not all of them but that is at least 4

AussieFanKurt
11-12-2009, 03:27 PM
Matty has his moments, I'd be close to hopping on the bandwaggon

Jose Ole
11-12-2009, 03:28 PM
It's going to take a few more 3's like that for me to forgive Bonner for his pathetic showing in last year's playoffs. He's got a lot of making up to do.

I think Bonner was the least to blame for last year's pathetic playoff push... the team was hurt, far from deep and limping into the Dallas series. The guy was put in a position that he likely never would have been in with our team had we had more big men on paper.

thispego
11-12-2009, 03:32 PM
it's going to take a few more 3's like that for me to forgive bonner for his pathetic showing in last year's playoffs. He's got a lot of making up to do.

everyone sucked in the playoffs laster year. The sooner we were out of the playoffs the better. You wantED to make it all the way to the western conference finals to get beat down by the lakers again?

z0sa
11-12-2009, 03:39 PM
No one will check into this because everyone who hates on Bonner is a fucking dumbshit. Period. Don't care who you are, what expansive posting history or knowledge you have, if you don't think Bonner can fulfill a solid role and fulfill it well, while improving everyday, you are retarded or you do not watch the games.

- calling him a defensive liability = retarded
- calling him a playoff failure = retarded
- comparing him at any time to Finley = retarded

DAF86
11-12-2009, 03:41 PM
I'm all aboard the Bonner as a sub- wagon.

Obstructed_View
11-12-2009, 03:44 PM
Oh how the tables turn... how many of you were up on your feet, pumping your fists in the air, spilling your beer all over your dumbass when Bonner busted that 3 in the 4th quarter to stop our scoreless stretch and keep us from reaching a total meltdown... or any of the other times he hit a big shot or came up big on the defensive end?

I'll go out on a limb and say that the fiercest Bonner-hating Spurs fan on this message board isn't actively rooting for Bonner to fail so they can come in here and gloat, and they absolutely aren't going to refuse to cheer for Bonner when he does something good for the team.

dbestpro
11-12-2009, 03:51 PM
Pop is finally realizing that Bonner is best suited for coming off the bench to provide some outside shooting and a little hustle. Even more important Bonner is not being a head case about it. If Mason starts hitting his shot these two will be deadly from the bench.

draft87
11-12-2009, 03:56 PM

My point: obviously Bonner is one of the most under-appreciated players on this board. Hated by many, respected by few. I know there's already a thread about Bonner coming off the bench and how he can still be a contributer to this team... posters in that thread seem to be the ones who know shit about basketball (ahhem Thispego). But I have a feeling that maybe now, if he continues to be more of a role player rather than our starting C with the addition of McDyess, folks around here just might start appreciating what Bonner brings to this team and give the man the respect he has earned.

+1

So you honestly believe Bonner is the reason why the spurs have turned it around?
I get that they'll use him during the season and he should do well, but people are critical of
Period.

not at all what he said.

hater
11-12-2009, 03:58 PM
fuck the haters. Bonner has been ballin!

and yes. I remember that 3 Bonner hit when noone else could hit a shot. that was unconcious

replay this video with Ice Cube's It was a Good Day bitches!

0BAomDJMEwY

TJastal
11-12-2009, 04:02 PM
All aboard the Bonn - sub - wagon!

I'll ride that one anyday.

:downspin:

thispego
11-12-2009, 04:08 PM
i'll go out on a limb and say that the fiercest bonner-hating spurs fan on this message board isn't actively rooting for bonner to fail so they can come in here and gloat, and they absolutely aren't going to refuse to cheer for bonner when he does something good for the team.

you havent been paying attention. There ar those who wish death upon bonner, his wife, and his unborn children

hater
11-12-2009, 04:12 PM
VCH8Y_nyPGc

ljMpmG-5Yrk

2SE-1FwUSRE

rayray2k8
11-12-2009, 04:12 PM
you havent been paying attention. There ar those who wish death upon bonner, his wife, and his unborn children

The hate is strong with this one...

:toast

Xevious
11-12-2009, 04:38 PM
Bonner is excellent player to have if he plays within his role, and he comes at a bargain price.

He just isn't a starter. And he certainly isn't a center (Tim is really playing C anyway).

spurspokesman
11-12-2009, 05:20 PM
-Bonner sucks
-Bonner rules
-Bonner sucks
-Bonner rules
-Bonner sucks
-Bonner rules
-Bonner sucks
-Bonner rules
-Bonner sucks
-Bonner rules
-Bonner sucks
-Bonner rules
-Bonner sucks
AKA Mr inconsistency

EricB
11-12-2009, 05:52 PM
AKA Mr inconsistency

Congrats for failing at getting the point of that.

TheDarkSide.
11-12-2009, 05:54 PM

are you that ginger kid in the front row sporting a bonner jersey at every game?

Sigz
11-12-2009, 05:55 PM
Matt Bonner is pitiful. Why he's even in the NBA is a miracle itself.

superjames1992
11-12-2009, 06:01 PM
Matt Bonner is pitiful. Why he's even in the NBA is a miracle itself.
He's a heck of a better basketball player than anyone on this board.

Sigz
11-12-2009, 06:04 PM
He's a heck of a better basketball player than anyone on this board.

That doesn't mean shit.

He's a garbage NBA 'center' who shouldn't even be a starting option on a contending team.

He can't D up.

He can't block shots.

George Hill rebounds better than him.

We've tried the Bonner experiment before, and it hasn't worked.

borders
11-12-2009, 06:13 PM
My point: obviously Bonner is one of the most under-appreciated players on this board.

Bullshit! Bonner has a habit of choking come playoffs. Will most likely happen again. The guy cannot deal with pressure. And he looks like a giant Pippi Långstrump.

hater
11-12-2009, 06:15 PM
That doesn't mean shit.

He's a garbage NBA 'center' who shouldn't even be a starting option on a contending team.

He can't D up.

He can't block shots.

get real, this is the year 2009

more than half current centers can't D or block shots.

even superstar PFs such as Dirk can't even D or block shots.

go back to watching 1980s ball if you want to se D and blocks

Obstructed_View
11-12-2009, 07:58 PM

How'd last year's "contending" turn out, again?

superbigtime
11-12-2009, 08:10 PM
Hard to believe he had 9 rebounds last night, alot of them were nice bounces to him. I hope that with the new players, Bonner will have a tighter role using fewer minutes. It just pains me to watch him getting used on the blocks by stronger power forwards. Hopefully the good offensive play continues.

Russ
11-12-2009, 08:26 PM
At best, Bonner could be Horry-light (literally).

EricB
11-12-2009, 08:28 PM
I see everyone is still holding on to the "horrible defender" failed argument.

Gotta give Bonner haters credit.

They get a talking point no matter true or false they hold onto that F'er like a pitbull on a steak.

barbacoataco
11-12-2009, 08:36 PM
My 2 cents- Bonner is a role player who never should have been in the position he was last year. I do think he has value based on the fact that he is a high % shooter, and his defense is not as bad as some make it out to be. Certain matchups are not favorable for him, but he is a 6'10" 3 pt shooter who knows the Spurs system.

C- McDyess, Ratliff, Bonner- use Bonner/Ratliff depending on matchups
PF-Duncan, Blair
SF- Jefferson, Mason
SG- Bogans, Ginobili, Finley/Hairston for garbage time
PG- Parker, Hill

That is the lineup I want to see, and it looks like it is going in that direction.

ThaiFanofSpurs
11-12-2009, 08:50 PM
I hope noone is gonna yell at me. I always want to give every Spur support. I know Bonner has never proved himself in the POs. But I think he deserves a credit and support from what he has been doing in the past few games. If he is finally fully trusted by other Spurs in the games (and maybe also by fans,) that should be a good thing for the Spurs as a team.

bigbendbruisebrother
11-12-2009, 08:57 PM
Say what you will about Matt Bonner, but if he hadn't of hit that 3 last night, we'd have all been puking for blowing a 16 point lead while Mark Cuban made his O face.

Obstructed_View
11-12-2009, 09:47 PM
Hard to believe he had 9 rebounds last night, alot of them were nice bounces to him. I hope that with the new players, Bonner will have a tighter role using fewer minutes. It just pains me to watch him getting used on the blocks by stronger power forwards. Hopefully the good offensive play continues.

Perfect timing in a Bonner thread to have a post chock fulla fail. Thanks!

SenorSpur
11-12-2009, 09:57 PM
I certainly don't hate Bonner. I just accept him for who and what he is - a role player, who's a perimeter-shooting 4. I don't want him taking my clutch shots in the playoffs. I've watched that movie and already know how it turns out.

imagevo
11-12-2009, 10:00 PM
We've tried the Bonner experiment before, and it hasn't worked.[/QUOTE]

"It didn't work" last season when we had a team in the playoffs that featured an injured Manu Ginobili and a Tim Duncan suffering from tendonosis. I'm pretty sure those were the main variables that caused us to lose against Dallas.

Matt Bonner is a perfect team player that goes out and does what Popovich asks him to do. He has a three point weapon that spreads the floor and also seems to be a nice guy on and off the court. How can you really hate Matt Bonner (unless you're a racist)?

And yeah he didn't perform as well in the playoffs but the team was under a lot of pressure to perform and to do it without all of their talent being available.

ploto
11-12-2009, 10:04 PM
People simply do not want Bonner in the starting line-up and they are right. Hopefully, Pop figured it out, as well.

Sigz
11-12-2009, 10:08 PM
I can't believe some of you Bonner supporters.

When you're deep into a game, and need stops/rebounds... You don't rely on Matt fuckin' Bonner.

With Duncan slowing down/beaten up, he needs another big body that can alter shots and take on some of the pounding down low.

Not some yipee that chucks treys.

Purple & Gold
11-12-2009, 10:47 PM
I like Bonner threads :corn:

DPG21920
11-12-2009, 11:50 PM
I can't believe some of you Bonner supporters.

When you're deep into a game, and need stops/rebounds... You don't rely on Matt fuckin' Bonner.

With Duncan slowing down/beaten up, he needs another big body that can alter shots and take on some of the pounding down low.

Not some yipee that chucks treys.

What is it that you do not understand about the fact Bonner won't be in the situation where "you're deep into a game, and need stops/rebounds..."?

The only reason he was in it last year was because there were no other choices. No one is supporting Bonner starting, but he can have a nice role on this team.

It is not Bonner's fault his coach asked him to do something he could not do.

Borosai
11-12-2009, 11:53 PM
Matty!!!

Manufan909
11-13-2009, 12:33 AM
Perfect timing in a Bonner thread to have a post chock fulla fail. Thanks!

You beat me to it, OV. I was just about to respond to that post, saying no one would say that crap about nice bounces when talking about Blair, but if Bonner gets a lot of boards then he was lucky.:bang

He was fighting for boards last night, and could have possibly gotten more.

Obstructed_View
11-13-2009, 10:27 AM

Or Fabricio Oberto, or Kurt Thomas, or Austin Croshere, or Pops Mensah-Bonsu, or Drew Gooden, or Anthony Tolliver. That was basically your buffet of bigs last year aside from Duncan. Bonner may not be starting caliber, but he's easily one or two on the above list.

superbigtime
11-24-2009, 12:31 PM
Bonner is a solid role player, but not a starter. When the shot is falling against poor defensive teams, he looks pretty good. When it's not and when he's getting abused by David West, Odom, Dirk, etc he looks poor. He fits in well when there is another big out there. When Pop goes to a small lineup, his defensive limitations are glaring. Knocking down the open three is what he is supposed to do. I think he has a niche in the rotation which is becoming better established. May he continue to roll. Knocking down timely shots will boost his confidence and hopefully he will develop some cold-bloodedness.

Bukefal
11-24-2009, 12:38 PM
I dont have a huge problem with Bonner. He can be good and he can be on fire like yesterday. He did good for the Spurs. He is a good player, but I rather would want to see him go if we can get someone better for him on that position. But, if he keeps playing like this, that's wonderful, of course.

thispego
11-24-2009, 12:46 PM
I dont have a huge problem with Bonner. He can be good and he can be on fire like yesterday. He did good for the Spurs. He is a good player, but I rather would want to see him go if we can get someone better for him on that position. But, if he keeps playing like this, that's wonderful, of course.

:lol lol, you're an idiot. way to play it safe, pussy!

Bukefal
11-24-2009, 01:48 PM
:lol lol, you're an idiot. way to play it safe, pussy!

Listen dipshit, can't you just STFU. People like you with these remarks make this forum look bad. The more posts I see from you, the more those thoughts increase.

Im just explaining my thoughts, I mean what do I have to play safe for? Tell me moron. I still want the guy to be gone, but of course it's nice to see he is doing good in a game. Who wouldn't see a player doing good for the Spurs? And then some idiot like you comes in the thread and spits out bullshit. What's here to play safe about? You are stupid, really :lol

intlspurshk
11-24-2009, 03:34 PM
Taken advantage of the Bucks without Bogut is something that need to be highly celebrated? I stand by my opinion and let's trade Bonner (plus other player(s)) for a more athletic and better defensive front court player when Bonner builds up good shooting stat against weak teams. He can't be counted on against good teams (not even as a role player)

beachwood
11-24-2009, 03:35 PM
I've been pretty anti-Bonner for a while, but I'll give the guy his props for a well played game against the Bucks. Keep it up.

EricB
11-24-2009, 03:48 PM
Taken advantage of the Bucks without Bogut is something that need to be highly celebrated? I stand by my opinion and let's trade Bonner (plus other player(s)) for a more athletic and better defensive front court player when Bonner builds up good shooting stat against weak teams. He can't be counted on against good teams (not even as a role player)

Yeah those good games against the Mavericks don't count though.

Who is this more athletic and better defensive front court player that is available?

Names please.

Jose Ole
12-21-2009, 03:41 PM
SpursTalk Bonner thread breaks bone in right hand

By Jose Ole, for NBA.com
Posted Dec 19 2009 10:03PM

SAN ANTONIO -- Spurstalk thread "All aboard the Bonn-wagon!" broke a bone in its right hand during the first quarter Saturday against Indiana and will not return.

It is the fourth metacarpal -- the bone leading up to the ring finger of fellow Bonn-wagoners -- and the injury will be examined again on Monday. At that point the Spurs will decide how long the thread will miss.

Bonner, who has five starts this season, is eighth in the league in 3-point shooting with a .449 percentage (40-for-89).

Get well soon Bonnie.

raspsa
12-21-2009, 07:39 PM
For the kind of offense the SPurs like to run, Bonner is valuable and his absence has a definite impact. So does Finley's.

benefactor
12-23-2009, 11:12 PM
We sure could have used you tonight....

HarlemHeat37
12-23-2009, 11:13 PM
I guess that's why he always leads the Spurs in +/-..

Chieflion
12-23-2009, 11:14 PM
Spurs record without Bonner, 1 win and 1 loss. A .500 team. Matt Bonner, we miss you.

benefactor
12-23-2009, 11:17 PM
We missed his shooting. They were packing the paint big time. Bonner knocking down a couple of threes would have really opened up Duncan.

This is one of the reasons it's problematic to start Blair beside Duncan right now. They can just sit two guys in Duncan's lap with no regard for Blair's shooting.

ElNono
12-23-2009, 11:42 PM
We missed his shooting. They were packing the paint big time. Bonner knocking down a couple of threes would have really opened up Duncan.

This is one of the reasons it's problematic to start Blair beside Duncan right now. They can just sit two guys in Duncan's lap with no regard for Blair's shooting.

How about we actually learn how to win playing defense and without relying on the 3 point ball, like we used to?? You know, eventually we're going to play against good defensive teams and those shots are not going to be there. Like against Boston. Bottom line is we need to play better D. Living by the 3 pointer is fool's gold.

benefactor
12-23-2009, 11:46 PM
I'm not saying it will work all the time...but tonight it would have been worth a shot with them leaving shooters wide open.

ElNono
12-23-2009, 11:54 PM
I'm not saying it will work all the time...but tonight it would have been worth a shot with them leaving shooters wide open.

While I would take any win we can get our hands on, if we're going to lose, I rather it be this way. Because if we make a couple of lucky threes and we win, then it puts a lot of makeup on the fuckups we did out there.
It's time we really start focusing on playing serious defense. If we're not at least top 5 in the league on defense, we're not going anywhere.

Spursfan 87
12-24-2009, 01:09 AM
How about we actually learn how to win playing defense and without relying on the 3 point ball, like we used to?? You know, eventually we're going to play against good defensive teams and those shots are not going to be there. Like against Boston. Bottom line is we need to play better D. Living by the 3 pointer is fool's gold.

It is not relying on the 3 ball, it is the effect to have the shooters on the floors. It opens the court for everybody, duncan, parker and ginobli.

superjames1992
01-19-2010, 02:18 PM
We've yet to see Bonner shoot a three-pointer since he's been back, so I'm not sure whether to board yet or not. I want to see how that cast affects his shot (if it does at all).

NFGIII
01-19-2010, 02:44 PM
It will take some games for him to get into game shape. His conditioning is not were it needs to be so it would be hard to judge him accordingly. I like his role this year and hope he gets back to what he was prior to the injury. Yeah, I know all about his lack of D and so on and so forth but he does a good job with the 2nd unit. His shooting in the mid 40s on 3's is exactly what the Spurs want from him. We all wish and sometimes get better D and more boards but he is what he is - a 3 pt shooter who can't play any consistent D in the paint much less rebound like a 7 footer should. I gave up that ghost up awhile back and just live with what he is.

But as many many posters have stated if a good deal for another quality player that would help put us over the top comes the Spurs way by all means throw him in to sweeten it. If for no other reason than his contract but maybe that is redundant.

Jose Ole
02-16-2010, 07:54 PM
are you that ginger kid in the front row sporting a bonner jersey at every game?

I wish...

As the driver of the Bonn-wagon Express, I am advised to inform it's passengers that should Matt Bonner be traded in the next few days, please unfasten your seat belts and exit the wagon in an orderly fashion towards the nearest exit. There is no cause for alarm. Should you need assistance, please talk to one of our ushers for further instruction. We appreciate your service and hope you've had a most satisfactory ride. Cheers :toast

So, with the trade deadline in a few days, it appears that players will be moving. The fact that this year's team hasn't lived up to their potential and that we may be resorting to shopping our players pisses me off, but if we're trying to build a strong(er) front court, what better time to ship out Bonner as part of the package? I gotta feeling...

ElNono
02-16-2010, 08:26 PM
I wish...

As the driver of the Bonn-wagon Express, I am advised to inform it's passengers that should Matt Bonner be traded in the next few days, please unfasten your seat belts and exit the wagon in an orderly fashion towards the nearest exit. There is no cause for alarm. Should you need assistance, please talk to one of our ushers for further instruction. We appreciate your service and hope you've had a most satisfactory ride. Cheers :toast

So, with the trade deadline in a few days, it appears that players will be moving. The fact that this year's team hasn't lived up to their potential and that we may be resorting to shopping our players pisses me off, but if we're trying to build a strong(er) front court, what better time to ship out Bonner as part of the package? I gotta feeling...

http://englishrussia.com/images/bus_on_fire/0.jpg

8FOR!3
02-16-2010, 09:23 PM
Period.

Other than Timmy and Tony whenever he feels like playing, who hasn't lost his starting job at one point or another? Just saying...

VivaPopovich
02-16-2010, 09:29 PM
10 minutes a game is fine, similar to the way doc rivers plays scalabrine

nothing more. nothing more

Jose Ole
02-17-2010, 12:47 AM
http://englishrussia.com/images/bus_on_fire/0.jpg

Haha, this would be great with Bonner photoshopped as the driver!

superjames1992
03-10-2010, 05:26 PM
So who's on board now?

4>0rings
03-10-2010, 08:00 PM
This wagon isn't going very far.

Jose Ole
11-14-2010, 09:32 PM
Don't think he would have even believed in a 7-7 game from 3 point land. Who else is loving 8-1? Thanks Bonnie... welcome back :toast

p.s. this is for all the birthday babies conceived 9 months ago on Valentine's Day... Pop choo-choo chooses you <3

http://community.citrix.com/download/attachments/141101368/choose1.jpghttp://thesportshernia.typepad.com/blog/images/2008/05/30/matt_bonner_spurs_missing_hero.png

rayray2k8
11-14-2010, 09:34 PM
Nice game by Bonner, so props for him stepping up tonight..

Too bad he can't do it around playoff time.. Wonder how many people will be on the short bus during that time?

it's me
11-14-2010, 09:34 PM
lol Bonner is due to a carrier game once every two or three season..... nothing to see here.

Horse
11-14-2010, 09:37 PM

That's the whole thing he needs to come in a hit wide-open 3's and that's it and he'll be fine. He's much better that way don't drive don't defend maybe try to grab a few boards but just let it fly.

ElNono
11-14-2010, 09:37 PM
Maybe he needs to rest for 6 games?
He was out of this planet tonight...

Obstructed_View
11-14-2010, 09:39 PM
Bonner's excellent when he's asked to do what he does and nothing more. He's not been very good in the playoffs, so he's got a few months to prepare himself for his real test. Hope he keeps this up.

Hemotivo
11-14-2010, 09:39 PM
7/7 !

Texas_Ranger
11-14-2010, 09:40 PM
:wow

:worthy::worthy:

Warlord23
11-14-2010, 09:40 PM
There's a reason why this thread gets bumped only once in each season, and is never seen during the playoffs.

it's me
11-14-2010, 09:45 PM
There's a reason why this thread gets bumped only once in each season, and is never seen during the playoffs.

HarlemHeat37
11-14-2010, 09:46 PM
Bonner will be fine, as long as the coach utilizes him correctly..unfortunately, with the lack of depth up front the last 2 playoffs, Pop has had to play him through his struggles in the playoffs..

With Duncan/Splitter/McDyess and maybe Blair ahead of him, the Spurs shouldn't have to rely on Bonner in the playoffs, so we'll see..hopefully, he'll be used as a spark, where he won't have too much pressure to perform..

pawe
11-14-2010, 09:47 PM
Im aboard the bonnwagon! I always knew Pop knows Bonner will be a big part of the Spurs' system. I hope he wont lose confidence in shooting.

Ross Parrot
11-14-2010, 09:54 PM
Greatest 5th Big Man ever?:king

Jose Ole
11-14-2010, 10:13 PM

http://dreamalittledream.ca/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/two-thumbs-up.jpg

The_Worlds_finest
11-14-2010, 10:28 PM
Bonner, is not a starter. Bonner was a starter last year because we didnt have a respectable big. Pop was doing the best he could with what he had. Spurs have potentially put together a good team with all Players fitting a good role.

Jose Ole
11-14-2010, 10:34 PM
Bonner, is not a starter. Bonner was a starter last year because we didnt have a respectable big. Pop was doing the best he could with what he had. Spurs have potentially put together a good team with all Players fitting a good role.

http://dreamalittledream.ca/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/two-thumbs-up.jpg

TDMVPDPOY
11-14-2010, 10:38 PM
lookin back, the only difference between bonner and the 3pt shooters we had for the last few seasons like mason, barry etc...his not afraid to shoot the ball, not afraid if he gets the miss cause he knows he will be hated...

if only barry had that mindset, he would still be here....

bigfan
11-14-2010, 10:43 PM
Have to give the Big Red Boner some kudos here.

duncanCOSTARICA
11-14-2010, 10:52 PM
bonner is a good player to have in rotation