PDA

View Full Version : Fort Hood suspect to be charged with murder

George Gervin's Afro
11-12-2009, 12:59 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/11/12/fort.hood.investigation/index.html

Fort Hood suspect to be charged with murderNovember 12, 2009 7:14 a.m. EST

U.S. Army

(CNN) -- Maj. Nidal Hasan will face 13 preliminary charges of premeditated murder stemming from last week's shooting at Fort Hood Army Post in Texas, U.S. military sources say.

The charges are expected to be announced at a Fort Hood news conference at noon (1 p.m. ET), the sources say.

Thirteen people were killed in the November 5 shooting at the post's Army processing center, and dozens more were wounded.

Hasan, an Army psychiatrist who also was wounded in the shooting, remains in an Army hospital in San Antonio, Texas.

The FBI has said that its investigations indicates the "alleged gunman acted alone and was not part of a broader terrorist plot."

Hasan's civilian attorney, retired Army Col. John Galligan, said he has spoken with his client, but that Hasan was heavily sedated.

"I think the closest thing that indicates that there's a court-martial in the works is last night ... I did receive an e-mail from the prosecutor at Fort Hood indicating to me that the pass privileges and leave privileges of Maj. Hasan had been revoked," Galligan said.

DarrinS
11-12-2009, 01:16 PM
"alleged gunman acted alone and was not part of a broader terrorist plot."

Viva Las Espuelas
11-12-2009, 02:10 PM
Silly military. There's absolutely nothing wrong with contacting al quada for advice. None at all.

DarrinS
11-12-2009, 02:12 PM
Silly military. There's absolutely nothing wrong with contacting al quada for advice. None at all.

He just needed a pen pal.

George Gervin's Afro
11-12-2009, 02:24 PM
I'll side with the Military on this one Alex..

ChumpDumper
11-12-2009, 02:25 PM
Why do board Republicans hate our military?

George Gervin's Afro
11-12-2009, 02:27 PM
Why do board Republicans hate our military?

Because the military is not credible dummy..

sincerely,

darrins

TheProfessor
11-12-2009, 02:31 PM
I'll side with the Military on this one Alex..
Seriously, what's being alleged here? That the military did not properly investigate terrorist connections for "political" reasons? Pretty speculative and serious charge there.

George Gervin's Afro
11-12-2009, 02:37 PM
Seriously, what's being alleged here? That the military did not properly investigate terrorist connections for "political" reasons? Pretty speculative and serious charge there.

There are people who now stating emphatically that this guy was a terrorist. No need to wait until all of the evidence is out because they have fox news running with the terrorist angle..

johnsmith
11-12-2009, 02:45 PM
There are people who now stating emphatically that this guy was a terrorist. No need to wait until all of the evidence is out because they have fox news running with the terrorist angle..

I still don't get what it matters. In my opinion, he's a terrorist in a sense that he wanted to "terrorize" people, and a killer in a sense that he "killed" people...........thus making him a fucking whackjob...........and that should be the end of it.

Oh, Gee!!
11-12-2009, 02:48 PM
and whottt wants his citizenship stripped so we can torture him for reasons unknown

DarrinS
11-12-2009, 03:09 PM

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=139308