PDA

View Full Version : Byron Scott Fired

2Cleva
11-12-2009, 01:33 PM
Presser later today.

BRHornet45
11-12-2009, 01:34 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4648162

The New Orleans Hornets have responded to their 3-6 start by making the first coaching change of the young NBA season, firing Byron Scott on Thursday, according to NBA coaching sources.

Sources said the Hornets made the decision to dismiss Scott following New Orleans' 124-104 loss in Phoenix on Wednesday night and will formally announce the move later Thursday.

It was not immediately known who the Hornets will select to replace Scott for the rest of the season.

gaKNOW!blee
11-12-2009, 01:34 PM
lol

its hard to believe one game 7 loss to the Spurs can fuck a team up so bad.

Findog
11-12-2009, 01:35 PM
What's your take BR?

BRHornet45
11-12-2009, 01:35 PM
sons this is a great start at fixing our problems ... again Scott wasn't THE problem, but he was a problem.

DAF86
11-12-2009, 01:36 PM
I know it's impossible but Larry Brown would do a good job on this team

Spursmania
lol

The Suns know all about that...

iilluzioN
all the hornets need is another superstar

Stump
11-12-2009, 01:37 PM
Didn't he win COY a couple years back? The curse continues...

Spursmania
11-12-2009, 01:37 PM
sons this is a great start at fixing our problems ... again Scott wasn't THE problem, but he was a problem.

Wow-just Wow. Right when we thought it couldn't get any worse for the Hornets. Well, at least the change is at the beginning of the year.

Spursmania
11-12-2009, 01:38 PM
Wonder who will replace him?

BRHornet45
11-12-2009, 01:38 PM
Didn't he win COY a couple years back? The curse continues...

son you are mistaking ... Chris Paul won coach of the year a couple years back.

Agloco
11-12-2009, 01:41 PM
:wow

peacemaker885
11-12-2009, 01:45 PM
Man, thats sad for Byron Scott. I bet CP3 feels like sh**t right now. He deserves better but firing Scott?

Thunder Dan
11-12-2009, 01:48 PM
I don't think it's the coach who is the problem there, it's a lack of talent. They have Paul and West with a bunch of srubs way past their prime (if they ever had one). Their 6th man is Darius Songila. I'm sure if the owner wasn't a douche trying to cut playroll, they could get somewhere. But Paul leaves that place whenever he gets the chance.

ClingingMars
11-12-2009, 01:49 PM
had a feeling it was coming after last night's excuse for a game

Walt Kowalski
11-12-2009, 01:51 PM
God some of the Spurs fans taking credit for teams collapsing are really fuckin stupid.

Shank
11-12-2009, 01:52 PM

Give it a few weeks and Don Nelson may be available.

Thunder Dan
11-12-2009, 01:53 PM
Just looking at their Roster, they don't have a shooting guard, a small forward, or anyone on the bench worth a damn (Posey is decent on a good team for defense but not scoring)

So they have the best PG in the league, yet they suck at the 2 positions where most teams get 70% of their scoring from. And when they sit their starters, they don't have anyone to score. How is that Scott's fault? Teams with high payrolls usually spend it on the bench.

BRHornet45
11-12-2009, 01:54 PM
Man, thats sad for Byron Scott. I bet CP3 feels like sh**t right now. He deserves better but firing Scott?

son Scott is a huge reason why we are in this situation to begin with. Now of course Scott can't hit the shots on the floor, but it was his job to develop our younger players which he never did. Now we have guys like Julian Wright and Hilton Armstrong who are in their 3rd and 4th seasons and still look like rookies on the floor because Scott never let them play. This is the first season that Julian has been given a fair shot at playing and its only because Scott felt the pressure. In the past, Scott would allow our young players VERY limited playing time and the moment they fucked up, he pulled them out. Now I'm not saying that either Wright or Armstrong would be all star players or anything, but they shouldn't be scrubs right now 3-4 years in. They were both 1st round draft picks.

also not sure if you're aware of this, but Scott had a huge role in talking ownership into signing Peja long term. he and Peja are close friends from way back. Scott is obsessed with playing "veteran" players over the younger and more talented guys. He did the same thing in Jersey. good fucking riddance.

Agloco
11-12-2009, 01:54 PM
The article says it all. Scott had little to work with. It's a cosmetic change really. Add to it an owner who is actively looking to stay beneath the cap rather than improve the roster? Whatever. :rolleyes

Mel_13
11-12-2009, 01:55 PM
It was just a matter of time, but I thought he would last a little longer.

Oct 23rd:

Scott doesn't survive this season.

Oct 29th:

Byron Scott won't survive this season with CP3 in the role once played by Jason Kidd.

New Orleans is home to Avery Johnson. AJ and CP3 would be an interesting match.

Agloco
11-12-2009, 01:57 PM

Yeah I remember your calls. :tu

sonic21
11-12-2009, 01:58 PM
He made mistakes but what's he supposed to do with that roster?

dirk4mvp
11-12-2009, 01:59 PM

Oct 23rd:

Oct 29th:

He's still getting paid by Cuban to sit at ESPN and pretend he knows how to analyze basketball.

rjv
11-12-2009, 02:01 PM
scott was scapegoated. The hornets team is terrible.

BRHornet45
11-12-2009, 02:03 PM

ignorance

adidas11
11-12-2009, 02:03 PM

Oct 23rd:

Oct 29th:

+1 on your calls.

The entire blame doesn't lay with Byron Scott, but change has to start somewhere, and its usually the coach that goes.

It is one thing to be lacking in talent. But the Hornets just aren't showing any fight whatsoever, and the season has barely started. And when a team is giving up that early, short of making wholesale roster changes, you have to put a lot of that blame on the coaching staff.

BRHornet45
11-12-2009, 02:05 PM
Christ almighty ... GM Jeff Bower is the new head coach. the motherfucker responsible for these wonderful Peja and Posey contracts! ..... Tim Floyd is brought back as an assistant

mogrovejo
11-12-2009, 02:08 PM
I don't think it's the coach who is the problem there, it's a lack of talent. They have Paul and West with a bunch of srubs way past their prime (if they ever had one). Their 6th man is Darius Songila. I'm sure if the owner wasn't a douche trying to cut playroll, they could get somewhere. But Paul leaves that place whenever he gets the chance.

Agreed, but I wouldn't blame the owner, they have a very high pay-roll. Their front-office just made a lot of bad decisions, the contract with Peja being the most notable one (and of course Peja had a prime, he was an excellent player, if he was still at that level the Hornets would be a good team).

Early to say if Paul leaves. Things change very fast in the NBA.

mogrovejo
11-12-2009, 02:09 PM
Christ almighty ... GM Jeff Bower is the new head coach. the motherfucker responsible for these wonderful Peja and Posey contracts! ..... Tim Floyd is brought back as an assistant

Good decision. Let him deal with the mess he created.

JamStone
11-12-2009, 02:09 PM
Isn't Avery Johnson from Louisiana?

Wonder if they'd approach him... maybe after the season and an interim coach.

Walt Kowalski
11-12-2009, 02:10 PM
He needed to be fired.....he's a horrible coach.

Thunder Dan
11-12-2009, 02:11 PM
Agreed, but I wouldn't blame the owner, they have a very high pay-roll. Their front-office just made a lot of bad decisions, the contract with Peja being the most notable one (and of course Peja had a prime, he was an excellent player, if he was still at that level the Hornets would be a good team).

Early to say if Paul leaves. Things change very fast in the NBA.

I just like to return the favor of saying another star player is going to leave their team

BRHornet45

GM Jeff Bower is the new head coach

Former Hornets and USC head coach is being brought in as an assistant

Greg Oden
I remember when this chode was talking shit to Stack cuz he got to gravy train on Magic's back.

redzero
11-12-2009, 02:13 PM
lol

It's amazing how you Spurs fags attempt to make everything about your team.

Anyway, today is a good day.

:elephant:elephant:elephant:elephant:elephant

BRHornet45
11-12-2009, 02:24 PM
The official announcement:

November 12, 2009
NEW ORLEANS - The New Orleans Hornets announced today that they have relieved Byron Scott of head coaching duties. Scott will be replaced by General Manager Jeff Bower.

“I want to thank Byron for the hard work he has put in during his time with the Hornets,” said Hornets Owner George Shinn. “I’ve hired Jeff Bower to take over the coaching reign. He knows this team better than anyone, has the respect of the players and in basketball circles, is regarded as one of the best basketball minds in the business. This is our best opportunity to reach our goals this season.”

Bower, who has spent his 14-plus seasons with the club, has been an invaluable asset for the Hornets at all levels in basketball operations. He began his tenure with the Hornets as an advance scout from 1995 to 1997 before earning a promotion as the team’s director of scouting. In addition to his scouting duties during the 1998-99 season, Bower joined the coaching ranks as an assistant after Paul Silas was named interim head coach on March 7, 1999 (and helped him lead the Hornets to a 22-13 record). After serving as the assistant general manager for the 2000-01 season, Bower was promoted to general manager in June of 2001 and has since held that position. He returned to the bench as an assistant coach under Floyd in 2003-04. Bower’s years of experience working at all levels in the Hornets’ basketball operations department culminated with his appointment to the current post of general manager just prior to the start of the team’s 2005-06 training camp.

“Accountability was our theme this past summer,” said Hornets Vice President of Basketball Chad Shinn. “We talked about the fact that everyone on our staff is held to a certain standard of performance and we didn’t feel this was happening at the head coach level. We feel like we still have an opportunity with our nucleus to get to where we want and Jeff is the right guy, right now to move us in that direction from the bench.”

“As we look at our long-term coaching plans, it’s not about who the head coach is, it’s about the role of the head coach to get the team to perform to their capabilities and reaching our potential this season,” said Bower.

Prior to joining the Hornets, Bower enjoyed an impressive career at the collegiate level. He spent three years as an assistant coach at Penn State University from 1983-86 before moving to Marist College in Poughkeepsie, N.Y. After first serving as an assistant coach from 1986 through 1990, he was promoted to associate head coach, a position he held for five years. Bower helped lead the Red Foxes to an NCAA Tournament appearance in 1987 after winning the Northeast Conference.

In a related move, Tim Floyd has been hired as the top assistant coach.

Floyd served as head coach of the Hornets for the 2003-04 season, leading the team to a 41-41 record. Most recently, Floyd served as the head coach at USC from 2005-2009, leading the Trojans to a 85-49 mark and three NCAA appearances during his tenure. In the 2007 NCAA Tournament, Floyd led USC to a Sweet 16 appearance. The team’s 25-12 record that season set a record for most wins in school history. The Trojans advanced to the second round of the 2009 NCAA Tournament before falling to eventual runner-up Michigan State. Floyd also coached for the Chicago Bulls, Iowa State, the University of Idaho and Texas-El Paso. Floyd is a native of Hattiesburg, Miss., and a 1977 graduate of Louisiana Tech.

Darkwaters
11-12-2009, 02:25 PM

I saw an article saying Jeff Bower will (the current GM).

Not sure I like that move.

PM5K
11-12-2009, 02:26 PM
Bottom line is this team doesn't have enough talent. Even ideally their record shouldn't be much better than it is. They played the Spurs, Mavericks, Celtics, Lakers, and Suns, all teams they should have lost to, even though they did wind up beating the Mavs.

mogrovejo
Tim Floyd is a great fit, Paul is like his ideal type of PG.

gaKNOW!blee
It's amazing how you Spurs fags attempt to make everything about your team.

Anyway, today is a good day.

:elephant:elephant:elephant:elephant:elephant

Its true...that loss set your shitty team back 20 years.

Bukefal
11-12-2009, 02:32 PM
I wonder who the next one will be

BRHornet45
11-12-2009, 02:32 PM
Bottom line is this team doesn't have enough talent. Even ideally their record shouldn't be much better than it is. They played the Spurs, Mavericks, Celtics, Lakers, and Suns, all teams they should have lost to, even though they did wind up beating the Mavs.

son we have enough talent to compete. hell whenever we won 56 games we had even less talent than we do now! ... are we deep? hell no, but we have more than enough talent to at least compete and be a yearly playoff team.

Have you even watched the Hornets this season other than maybe 1 or 2 games? Notice how pretty much everyone outside of Chris Paul, Okafor, and a couple of rookies seem to careless about being out there. That reflects poor coaching and OR they don't respect what coach is telling them. I don't care WHAT level of basketball is being played ... high school, college, D-league, or pro ... by the way MOST of the Hornets players are lolly gagging around and making it blatantly obvious that they are half ass trying (David West perfect example), that should never happen and it reflects on the coaching.

Allanon
11-12-2009, 02:34 PM
Byron Scott was somewhat scapegoated but he was also a part of the problem. It's easy to fire the coach and bring "change" and hope.

After awhile, players just tune out their coach, I think Byron had lost his team. He wasn't going to be able to fix it so this was a necessary step in moving forward.

I think every coach (since Jordan's days) that has received COY got fired or left the team within a few years. This is the COY curse because; I think Pop was the only coach to escape this fate.

Chillen
11-12-2009, 02:35 PM
Yeah that guy who led the Nets to 2 straight NBA finals appearences is the problem in New Orleans, I guess he had to be the fall guy.

BRHornet45
11-12-2009, 02:36 PM
Byron Scott was somewhat scapegoated but he was also a part of the problem. It's easy to fire the coach and bring "change" and hope.

After awhile, players just tune out their coach, I think Byron had lost his team. He wasn't going to be able to fix it so this was a necessary step in moving forward.

thank you. couldn't have said it better

sonic21
11-12-2009, 02:38 PM
Byron is a good coach but its obvious the Hornets effort level has been turned down for a while, probably because they dont like him. These enforcer coaches can only last so long.

BRHornet45
11-12-2009, 02:39 PM
Yeah that guy who led the Nets to 2 straight NBA finals appearences is the problem in New Orleans, I guess he had to be the fall guy.

oh yea son ... because what he did over 6 years ago with an enormous amount of talent around him counts for what he is doing today.

Bulls fan huh? ... hell son with that type of mentality you may as well bring back Pippen as your new starting forward. You remember how good he was back in the 90's??

Thunder Dan
11-12-2009, 02:43 PM
Chris Paul is going to play for the Clippers 2012 or when he demands a trade to get out of there

BRHornet45
11-12-2009, 02:46 PM
Chris Paul is going to play for the Clippers 2012 or when he demands a trade to get out of there

yea son that Clippers plan is working out pretty well for our former starting PG right now

Thunder Dan
11-12-2009, 02:47 PM
yea son that Clippers plan is working out pretty well for our former starting PG right now

Clippers have more talent than the Hornets. I saw Paul in a Dodgers hat

BRHornet45
11-12-2009, 02:52 PM

son yet we have curb stomped the Clippers like the last 9 times we have played them

redzero
11-12-2009, 02:52 PM

Your point? The Clippers are losers. Talent =/= success.

They had more talent than the Hornets last year. They won 30 fewer games.

Thunder Dan
11-12-2009, 02:54 PM
Your point? The Clippers are losers. Talent =/= success.

They had more talent than the Hornets last year. They won 30 fewer games.

Hornets are a team in turmoil. Chris Paul wants out of New Orleans and wants to play on the big stage.

BRHornet45
11-12-2009, 02:56 PM
Hornets are a team in turmoil. Chris Paul wants out of New Orleans and wants to play on the big stage.

son your inside information is incredible! where are your sources for this?!!

LMAO ... sons did a Cleveland fan just try and tell me that Chris Paul wants to play on "the big stage"? .... son you better watch your mouth because karma is a bitch. Lebron ....

redzero
11-12-2009, 02:57 PM

So, he would go to the black hole of the NBA? The most infamous team in the league?

Get the fuck out of here.

Hopefully, the Hornets will trade everbody for expirings to get capspace for LeBron. :toast

Thunder Dan
11-12-2009, 02:57 PM
Jordan brand has a deal in his contract that says that if he plays in a market other than New Orleans he will make $20,000,000 more. It's only a matter of time. He says he hates losing, and that is what the Hornets are good at. 2 and 2 equal 4

http://www.nola.com/hornets/index.ssf/2009/11/new_orleans_hornets_chris_paul_1.html

Thunder Dan
11-12-2009, 02:59 PM
son your inside information is incredible! where are your sources for this?!!

LMAO ... sons did a Cleveland fan just try and tell me that Chris Paul wants to play on "the big stage"? .... son you better watch your mouth because karma is a bitch. Lebron ....

Cleveland is the big stage, they are on National TV every week. The Cavs are the new America's team. National TV last night, national tv tonight, National TV last week, next week, next month, all season. Fans keep tuning in to watch the Cavs.

Can't say that about the Hornets. Last night was the lowest rated game of the season for ESPN, and they won't be back on the big stage for some time.

redzero
11-12-2009, 02:59 PM
Jordan brand has a deal in his contract that says that if he plays in a market other than New Orleans he will make $20,000,000 more. It's only a matter of time. He says he hates losing, and that is what the Hornets are good at. 2 and 2 equal 4

http://www.nola.com/hornets/index.ssf/2009/11/new_orleans_hornets_chris_paul_1.html

Yeah, and the Cavs have won what exactly? Hell, what has Cleveland won?

He might demand a trade, but the Hornets aren't going to freely trade him.

jonnybravo
11-12-2009, 03:00 PM

where does it say that dude? I'm looking for that excerpt. Real interesting if true.

BRHornet45
11-12-2009, 03:00 PM

son oh really? where is your source for this "$20 million more"??? ... also, what star player DOESN'T like losing? why do you think all of the hype around Lebron leaving is so big? he hates losing in Cleveland lol

urunobili
11-12-2009, 03:01 PM
COY curse on full effect... AJ, The Toronto one i can't remember and now the latest victim Byron...

bigdog
Wow. I mean, I'm not entirely surprised, but wow.

Thunder Dan
its only a matter of time before the 2012 talk starts

BRHornet45
11-12-2009, 03:02 PM

son not to mention Cleveland is hands down one of the worst cities I have ever been to. easily in the bottom 5 ... trashy place. can't blame Lebron if he leaves that dump.

Thunder Dan
11-12-2009, 03:03 PM
son not to mention Cleveland is hands down one of the worst cities I have ever been to. easily in the bottom 5 ... trashy place. can't blame Lebron if he leaves that dump.

haha New Orleans is worse than Cleveland. It's murder city USA. Cleveland looks like Bora Bora compared to New Orleans

redzero
Cleveland is the big stage, they are on National TV every week. The LeBrons are the new America's team. National TV last night, national tv tonight, National TV last week, next week, next month, all season. Fans keep tuning in to watch LeBron.

Move LeBron out of Cleveland and the Cavs wouldn't get a single nationally televised game. They have no interesting players outside of James, and you know it. He's making them watchable.

If LeBron leaves the Cavs, your franchise is as good as dead. I don't know why you're trying to talk shit to Hornets fans, since you're in the same exact boat.

BRHornet45
its only a matter of time before the 2012 talk starts

sons LOL at this Cavs clown ragging on Chris Paul leaving the Hornets whenever Lebron is quite possibly in his final year with the Cavs.... son does it make you feel better or something?

Double-Up
11-12-2009, 03:05 PM

...and I saw LeBron with a NY Yankees hat. :lol

BRHornet45
11-12-2009, 03:05 PM
haha New Orleans is worse than Cleveland. It's murder city USA. Cleveland looks like Bora Bora compared to New Orleans

son New Orleans is a much more pleasant place to live or visit than Cleveland.

BRHornet45
11-12-2009, 03:06 PM

LMAO ... son don't forget about Lebron disrespecting the entire city of Cleveland a couple of years ago by wearing a NY hat during the MLB playoffs IN CLEVELAND lol

Thunder Dan
I just like turning the 2010 talk into 2012 talk see how you guys like it. The fact is, New Orleans sucks just as much as Cleveland, if not more (because we are Brad Pitt-less).

urunobili

Jazz capital vs. Rock capital? interesting!

Thunder Dan
11-12-2009, 03:08 PM

not according to this. 4 of Cleveland's suburbs are top 100. The whole state of Louisiana doesn't have a single entry

http://money.cnn.com/magazines/moneymag/bplive/2009/index.html

BRHornet45
11-12-2009, 03:09 PM
I just like turning the 2010 talk into 2012 talk see how you guys like it. The fact is, New Orleans sucks just as much as Cleveland, if not more (because we are Brad Pitt-less).

son I don't wish for Lebron to leave Cleveland and never have. I know how bad that would suck for the Cavs so why are you talking smack to us? Although I have to admit its hard for me to get along with most Cavs fans. I travel a lot and go to many road games each year. I have been to Cleveland a few times when the Hornets play there and most of the fans have been terrible.

Thunder Dan
11-12-2009, 03:10 PM

http://www.cavshistory.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/lbjtribe.jpg

son I don't wish for Lebron to leave Cleveland and never have. I know how bad that would suck for the Cavs so why are you talking smack to us? Although I have to admit its hard for me to get along with most Cavs fans. I travel a lot and go to many road games each year. I have been to Cleveland a few times when the Hornets play there and most of the fans have been terrible.

we are caged animals. Haven't won shit in years and are disrespected by all.

redzero
11-12-2009, 03:10 PM
not according to this. 4 of Cleveland's suburbs are top 100. The whole state of Louisiana doesn't have a single entry

http://money.cnn.com/magazines/moneymag/bplive/2009/index.html

http://images.businessweek.com/ss/09/02/0226_miserable_cities/6.htm

Although New Orleans is no. 3.

Well, at least our economy is based on LeBron James. :lol

BRHornet45
11-12-2009, 03:11 PM
Jazz capital vs. Rock capital? interesting!

son Cleveland ain't no rock capital ... I still can't believe they put the rock and roll hall of fame there. That would be like putting a black history museum in Utah.

Thunder Dan
11-12-2009, 03:12 PM
http://images.businessweek.com/ss/09/02/0226_miserable_cities/6.htm

Although New Orleans is no. 3.

Well, at least our economy is based on LeBron James. :lol

yeah we are miserable because we get such a bad rap. Cleveland isn't all that bad. It's a great part of the country yet everyone puts us down, the local government are fools and our sports teams suck.

BRHornet45
11-12-2009, 03:14 PM
yeah we are miserable because we get such a bad rap. Cleveland isn't all that bad. It's a great part of the country yet everyone puts us down, the local government are fools and our sports teams suck.

well son we get the same rep ... of course we have our crime problems thanks to project housing, but downtown New Orleans is really beautiful and clean (other than Bourbon street). downtown N.O. is very safe ... its areas outside the downtown area where shit happens.

redzero
11-12-2009, 03:20 PM
ysmLA5TqbIY

The second video is gone.

Thunder Dan
11-12-2009, 03:24 PM
ysmLA5TqbIY

The second video is gone.

I think people who aren't from Cleveland are suprised to know that the guy who made that is from Cleveland, and everyone around here thinks those are hilarious. People from Cleveland can poke fun of Cleveland but we all deep down like it.

They made this one too, it's funny

07X9MxoL3YI

this one too
this one too

iMYXBtgpT3k

Culburn369
11-12-2009, 03:34 PM

There it is.

redzero
11-12-2009, 03:38 PM
There it is.

Coming from somebody who doesn't know anything about the team. Every time you comment on them, you exude ignorance.

But hey, I know you have a mancrush on Byron Scott. If you want him, take him.

And if you respond to this post, don't do so in your retarded Culburn speak.

BRHornet45
11-12-2009, 03:38 PM
apparently Bobby Brown isn't too happy about the move. he just updated his twitter with a short and simple message. I guess he felt it was his prerogative to do so ...

BBROWNsix: SMH

http://twitter.com/BBROWNsix

2Cleva
11-12-2009, 03:39 PM
Thunder_Dan has some affinity for his hometown which is nice and all but Cleveland is all fucked up.

Kyle Orton
11-12-2009, 03:40 PM
apparently Bobby Brown isn't too happy about the move. he just updated his twitter with a short and simple message. I guess he felt it was his prerogative to do so ...

BBROWNsix: SMH

http://twitter.com/BBROWNsix

Professional athletes should be relevant in their sport in order to have a twitter.

redzero
11-12-2009, 03:42 PM
http://www.nola.com/hornets/index.ssf/2009/11/post_5.html

2:18 p.m.: West says having played for Floyd before, the team will not be as "predictable" as it had been.
2:14 p.m.: West describes "philosophical differences" between Scott and some players on the team. He describes the team as often "stagnant."
2:12 p.m.: West: "I think we got to the point to where things we were doing just weren't effective."
2:10 p.m.: Forward David West will meet the media.

This is a team happy with their coach, all right.

Indazone
11-12-2009, 03:43 PM
GM Jeff Bower is the new head coach

Former Hornets and USC head coach is being brought in as an assistant

He's going to be an interim coach while they go looking for someone good.

BRHornet45
11-12-2009, 03:43 PM
Professional athletes should be relevant in their sport in order to have a twitter.

but son he had some good songs in the past

BRHornet45
11-12-2009, 03:45 PM
http://www.nola.com/hornets/index.ssf/2009/11/post_5.html

This is a team happy with their coach, all right.

It started to become obvious last season that Scott lost most of his players. This move had to be made and probably should have been made before the beginning of the season.

Indazone
11-12-2009, 03:47 PM

The Cavs are the Mavs of the East lol

Thunder Dan
11-12-2009, 03:48 PM
The Cavs are the Mavs of the East lol

that must make the Rockets the Wizards of the west.

Indazone
11-12-2009, 04:01 PM
Hardly Rockets :lobt::lobt:

Mavs and Cavs

http://www.obsidianlaunch.com/TPEntrepreneur/graphics/163%20Ways/zero.jpg

Oh and Cavs should win the award for most times up for futility LMAO

Post Season Play
League Championships None
Conference Championships1: 2007 (East)Division
Championships2: 1976 (Central), 2009 (Central)Playoff
Appearances17: 1976, 1977, 1978, 1985, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1998, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009

Thunder Dan
11-12-2009, 04:04 PM
Hardly Rockets :lobt::lobt:

Mavs and Cavs

http://www.obsidianlaunch.com/TPEntrepreneur/graphics/163%20Ways/zero.jpg

here is the difference
Rockets
http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/2009/writers/ted_keith/04/08/jordan/michael-jordan-p1.jpg

Cavs
http://nicekicks.com/images/michael-jordan-the-shot-1.jpg

Culburn369
11-12-2009, 04:05 PM
Coming from somebody who doesn't know anything about the team. Every time you comment on them, you exude ignorance.

But hey, I know you have a mancrush on Byron Scott. If you want him, take him.

And if you respond to this post, don't do so in your retarded Culburn speak.

I missed you last night, tights.

tee, hee.

redzero
11-12-2009, 04:07 PM
here is the difference
Rockets
http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/2009/writers/ted_keith/04/08/jordan/michael-jordan-p1.jpg

Cavs

OKay, I laughed.

djohn2oo8
11-12-2009, 04:08 PM
And LOL @ LeBron with the Yankee shoes

BRHornet45
Chris Paul's brother is now talking shit on twitter too ...

Today has not been a good day. The Team let go of Coach Scott which I think was a very good coach.He's the only NBA coach my bro has known.

I can't stand when ppl that don't know Basketball, make major basketball decisions. It turns out to be a disaster.

http://twitter.com/cjpaul14

djohn2oo8
here is the difference
Rockets

Cavs

There is not much to say when your team gets raped by the Master of Panic

Thunder Dan
11-12-2009, 04:10 PM
There is not much to say when your team gets raped by the Master of Panic

we made out out of the first round

mogrovejo
11-12-2009, 04:11 PM
Last game of 05/06:

Marc Jackson
Des Mason
PJ Brown - expiring, huge trade chip
Rasual Butler
Chris Paul
Moochie Norris
Brandon Bass
Marcus Fizer
Linton Johnson
David West
Arvydas Macijauskas
JR Smith
Kirk Snyder
Speedy Claxton
Aaron Williams
+ cap room

----

Jeff Bower should be the one fired (and he eventually will, after he fails to coach the mess he created). The decision to go for Peja in a weak FA class when they could have got much better players in the following year and Paul still had 3 years in his rookie contract + overpaying in the trade for Chandler (the Bulls were dying to get rid of him) + bad drafting (Armstrong, Cedric Simmons?) killed them.

Bower should be the one getting the blame from Hornets fans. Scott was just a minor detail. When teams start losing and regressing, of course players tune out the coach. But Scott wasn't the main reason why the Hornets didn't meet expectations.

Thunder Dan
11-12-2009, 04:12 PM
Chris Paul's brother is now talking shit on twitter too ...

Today has not been a good day. The Team let go of Coach Scott which I think was a very good coach.He's the only NBA coach my bro has known.

I can't stand when ppl that don't know Basketball, make major basketball decisions. It turns out to be a disaster.

http://twitter.com/cjpaul14

is he referring to the owner or GM?

djohn2oo8
11-12-2009, 04:17 PM
is he referring to the owner or GM?

Mike Brown

BRHornet45
11-12-2009, 04:19 PM
I'm assuming he is referring to either Shinn or the GM Bower, or both. Funny how this kid thinks he knows basketball enough to make those kinds of statements. if he knew basketball so well, then he wouldn't be riding the coat tails of his brother's success ... he would have actually made it somewhere playing or coaching basketball lol

anakha
11-12-2009, 04:23 PM
The Hornets having pretty much the worst wing depth in the league is the biggest reason they're 3-6. Not the coach.

Sportstudi
11-12-2009, 04:26 PM

But what was THE problem in your opinion? Mainly George Shinn?

BRHornet45
11-12-2009, 04:32 PM
But what was THE problem in your opinion? Mainly George Shinn?

son where do I start? the main two are obvious

- Byron Scott and his downright refusal to develop young players (check)
- Poor contract decisions by Shinn/Bower (Peja and Posey)

A lot of the blame is on Scott. Like I said before, he lost this team a long time ago. It became obvious at the end of last season that MOST of the players weren't responding to him. Shinn has been more than fair enough with Scott in this situation.

Sportstudi
11-12-2009, 04:35 PM
son where do I start? the main two are obvious

- Byron Scott and his downright refusal to develop young players (check)
- Poor contract decisions by Shinn/Bower (Peja and Posey)

A lot of the blame is on Scott. Like I said before, he lost this team a long time ago. It became obvious at the end of last season that MOST of the players weren't responding to him. Shinn has been more than fair enough with Scott in this situation.

Agreed. For me it seemed that Scott lost the team completely. They weren't fired up anymore or at least not the way they were like two years ago. If you get a new coach you are excited about "changes", but after a while you will lose your excitement if the coach is not able to maintain the status quo.

BRHornet45
11-12-2009, 04:48 PM
lol sons our new head coach looks like a cuckold

http://www.nba.com/media/hornets/250_blog_buzz_5july2007.jpg

djohn2oo8
11-12-2009, 04:53 PM

Don't post pictures of Cubby

SenorSpur
11-12-2009, 04:55 PM

He's my bet as the next full-time coach of the Hornets.

I'm sure his AJ's agent, Tony Dutt, has already been in contact with Hornets management. AJ will probably come in next season.

So basically, this tells me the Hornets have already written off this year.

BRHornet45
11-12-2009, 04:55 PM

I'm sure his AJ's agent, Tony Dutt, has already been in contact with Hornets management. AJ will probably come in next season.

well son it will have to wait until at least next year because Bower said he will be the coach and they aren't looking for anyone.

yes, Avery is from here.

Double-Up
11-12-2009, 04:57 PM

He's the same kind of coach as Byron Scott, I would think they would want to get a coach with a different philosophy...question is who?

redzero
11-12-2009, 05:00 PM

http://matteomazzali.files.wordpress.com/2007/10/mario-sonic-at-the-olympic-games-nintendo-dsartwork2116eggman-revision-ok-copy.jpg

Dr. Robtnik from Sonic the Hedgehog.

jonnybravo
11-12-2009, 05:13 PM
The Hornets having pretty much the worst wing depth in the league is the biggest reason they're 3-6. Not the coach.

They had JR Smith. He was a major douche back then though.

BRHornet45
11-12-2009, 05:17 PM
They had JR Smith. He was a major douche back then though.

son that is another thing ... Scott is 100% responsible for us losing JR Smith, Birdman, and Brandon Bass. Now the JR Smith one doesn't bother me that much because he is one of the worst people on this planet, but losing Birdman and Bass simply because Scott wouldn't play them still pisses me off.

Killakobe81
11-12-2009, 05:18 PM
Here is the problem. The hornets over-achieved BIG time 2 years ago. The hornets FO and Scott thought they were close ...so they bring in Posey but let Pargo go. And because they were close Scott didnt trust the rookies which you guys fail to realize that POP and Phil hate them too ...most coaches of contending teams limit the roles of rookies. That team over achieves yet again the following season...and the Hornets have a good season last year ...but get exposed BIG time in teh playoffs ...CP3 is a top 5-10 NBA player ...but West is top 25 MAYBE. Okafor top 40 that is not enough in the new amd improved West. If dallas was focused CP# would be piloting a 1 win team ...Scott and CP3 deserve better ...

redzero
11-12-2009, 05:21 PM
Here is the problem. The hornets over-achieved BIG time 2 years ago. The hornets FO and Scott thoughtthey were close ...so they bring in Posey but let Pargo go. That team over achieves yet again ...and the Hornets have a good season last year but get exposed BIG time in teh playoffs ...CP3 is a top 5-10 NBA player ...but West is top 25 MAYBE. Okafor top 40 that is not enough in the new amd improved West. If dallas was focused CP# would be piloting a 1 win team ...Scott and CP3 deserve better ...

No, Scott deserves to lose his job for being a complete and total bitch. He didn't play the rookies. He let valuable players go. He doesn't make adjustments. He doesn't get through to the players.

ginobili's bald spot
11-12-2009, 05:21 PM
Here is the problem. The hornets over-achieved BIG time 2 years ago. The hornets FO and Scott thoughtthey were close ...so they bring in Posey but let Pargo go. That team over achieves yet again ...and the Hornets have a good season last year but get exposed BIG time in teh playoffs ...CP3 is a top 5-10 NBA player ...but West is top 25 MAYBE. Okafor top 40 that is not enough in the new amd improved West. If dallas was focused CP# would be piloting a 1 win team ...Scott and CP3 deserve better ...

CP3 is definitely a top 5-10 player come on. David West on the other hand, is pure fucking garbage.

ElNono
11-12-2009, 05:23 PM
Tank the season next?

Ghazi
11-12-2009, 05:26 PM
David West isn't even a top 100 player

Okafor is the 2nd best player on the team, but he's not remotely close to star level.

CP3 is a Top 7 PG, maybe top 25-30 player in this league... but he lacks wherewithal... evidenced by:

1. Losing to a 7 seed in NCAA Tournament as a 2 seed
2. Blowing 2-0 lead
3. Letting J Pargo take 13 4th quarter shots
4. Losing 121-63, quitting like a little bitch with more TO's than points.
5. Getting face fucked by Chauncy Billups in PG battle when he's "suppoedly" the best PG in the league

Culburn369
11-12-2009, 05:27 PM
CP3 is a Top 7 PG, maybe top 25-30 player in this league... but he lacks wherewithal

Accurate description.

redzero
11-12-2009, 05:37 PM
Tank the season next?

Why not? The Spurs got Duncan from tanking. :elephant

Killakobe81
11-12-2009, 05:47 PM
I said CP3 is somewhere between 5-10. West I said top 25 MAYBE ...Okafor top 50

redzero
11-12-2009, 05:50 PM
David West isn't even a top 100 player

Okafor is the 2nd best player on the team, but he's not remotely close to star level.

CP3 is a Top 7 PG, maybe top 25-30 player in this league... but he lacks wherewithal

But here lies the conundrum. You claim that the Hornets are overrated. You claim that they overachieved. You claim that they only have one good player.

So, was Chris Paul the sole reason for the Hornets 56 wins season and defeat of the Mavericks in the first round of 08? If so, how can he only be a "Top 7 PG" and "maybe top 25-30 player in the league"?

If David West is truly overrated, and Chris Paul made him an All Star, then how is Paul overrated?

redzero
11-12-2009, 05:51 PM
I said CP3 is somewhere between 5-10. West I said top 25 MAYBE ...Okafor top 50

Name me 5 players who are better than Chris Paul.

Here, I'll start you off:

James
Wade
Bryant.

I'm waiting.

Culburn369
11-12-2009, 05:54 PM
....Like I was waiting for you last nite.

tee, hee.

redzero
11-12-2009, 05:55 PM
....Like I was waiting for you last nite.

tee, hee.

Why would you wait for me? Do you play for the Phoenix Suns?

Oh, and where were you when the Mavericks kicked your team's ass? At least the Hornets can win a home game against the Mavericks.

Sportstudi
11-12-2009, 06:00 PM
Why not? The Spurs got Duncan from tanking. :elephant

What about next year's prospects? I'm not into it right now.

boston.balla
11-12-2009, 06:10 PM

James
Wade
Bryant.

I'm waiting.

dwight (big man vs pg ... ANY manager would start with d12 over cp3)
melo (has been balling out of his mind)

Findog
11-12-2009, 06:16 PM

James
Wade
Bryant.

I'm waiting.

Howard, Duncan, Dirk and Melo arguably are better. CP3 is top 10, not necessarily top 5.

Culburn369
11-12-2009, 06:20 PM
I remember when the Celtics came for Scott in the '87 Finals. Magic cut him & Worthy a loose from his apron strings to sink or swim. Scott stuck 'em head first, straight into California earth as Worthy bore witness.

Findog
11-12-2009, 06:22 PM
I'd take Paul over Wade too.

You crazy.

IronMexican
11-12-2009, 06:25 PM
Are we talking about this season or for a future with the Wade or CP3 discussion? If it's for this season, I'll take Wade. For the next 10 years, I am going with CP3.

redzero
11-12-2009, 06:33 PM
Carmelo - Fuck no! There is more to the game than scoring.
Dirk - This isn't 2007. Nah, forget that. I'd take Paul now over Dirk from any time.
Dwight - Yeah, until the defense stops him and he becomes a liability at the end of games.
Duncan - We're talking about players who are better now. Duncan's past his prime.

Let's be serious here.

Mori Chu
11-14-2009, 01:03 PM
Congrats to the Hornets on selecting Jesse "The Body" Ventura as their new head coach. Or at least it looks that way.

boston.balla
11-14-2009, 03:18 PM
Carmelo - Fuck no! There is more to the game than scoring.
Dirk - This isn't 2007. Nah, forget that. I'd take Paul now over Dirk from any time.
Dwight - Yeah, until the defense stops him and he becomes a liability at the end of games.
Duncan - We're talking about players who are better now. Duncan's past his prime.

Let's be serious here.

LOL .. have you seen melo play?. Seriously, look at one nuggets game. I'm not a fan of the nuggets but i acknowledge value. Melo is balling like craaaazy.
Dirk can still carry a team when it matters, so from that standpoint he is ok, and still you forget dirk's unique abilities for a bigmen.
Dwight.. now... why did orlando reach the finals? Because there are very few good bigmen. I does not matter that he only knows how to stuff it. What matters is that 1v1 in the post he is a monster that changes the game much more than ANYBODY in the league. And he is improving (hard to see right now because the refs are giving him idiot calls because he talkted about the referees)
Duncan is a system. He is not a player. He is a basis on which you can develop a team. A basis which no pg not named magic johnson can be.

No hate on cp3 but think of the players as goods and of the nba as a market. Some good are super rare (dwight-dominant big, lebrons- freak of nature, wade-like bron but more refined and less freak of nature,kobe- unstoppable scorer) and some are not. And there are many great pgs in the game now: dwill, rose(will get there this year), tony parker(imagine his numbers if he would play all by himself). And look at what the young generations bring: john wall, tyreke evans, johnny flynn. From a talent point of view cp3 is right up there. From a uniqueness point of view he is not.