PDA

View Full Version : Assignment Thread: Greatest Intervention

PM5K
11-12-2009, 01:53 PM
Here is my assignment from BackToBasics titled Greatest Intervention:

What is the single greatest intervention in the last 10 years. 1999-2009. How has it affected peoples lives? Who created it and how? Big intervention or small invention? Is it an intervention that would be ever evolving? Does it have staying power into the next 10, 20, 30 or more years?

So here is my story:

A few years back I first started posting on SpursTalk, and I got to know a lot of the people here, from the small Sequ to the large TPark, and one very special and unique guy that they call Mouse.

I actually met Mouse at a GTG at Kori's house, when I first saw him he was head first into a garbage can and he was yelling something about how his computer had a virus and how he was trying to find something to fight the infection. He was clearly intoxicated and high on marijuana. I felt pretty bad for him at the time, even though I did point at him, laugh at him, and make jokes about him later when I myself was intoxicated.

Little did I know that one day I'd be part of an intervention to save him.

Kori Ellis was the one that came to me and asked me if I'd participate, I initially said no, but TimVP told me he would allow me access to any users private messages if I complied, which I did.

It was a pretty big intervention, not in that it had a lot of people, but in that one of them was TPark.

I don't think it was ever evolving, but I do hope that it has staying power, because I don't ever want to have to pull Mouse out of the garbage again, even if he did find a perfectly working guitar.

BacktoBasics
11-12-2009, 01:55 PM
Excellent mimic thread.

A+

PM5K
11-12-2009, 01:55 PM
Eh, I haven't slept all night, but I tried. Hopefully Mouse doesn't take it personally.

mrsmaalox
11-12-2009, 02:08 PM
But if Mouse does take it personally, it would put you in the running for POTW!

PM5K
11-12-2009, 02:11 PM
But if Mouse does take it personally, it would put you in the running for POTW!

I'm always poster of the week, in my own mind...

I. Hustle
11-12-2009, 02:22 PM
I've seen better.