PDA

View Full Version : Help - monitor problem

Leetonidas
11-12-2009, 02:20 PM
Okay so on my other computer, it's been working fine up til now. I wake up this morning and the monitor keeps saying "no input." So I took it and plugged it into the computer I'm currently typing on and it worked fine. I took the monitor from this computer to the other computer to see if it would work and no go, it also says "no input."

So I'm pretty sure it's a problem with the receiving end on the computer. Do you guys have any advice on how to fix this or bypass this? Is there maybe an adapter I can get to maybe plug the monitor in and then plug it into a USB port?

HALP!!!

PM5K
11-12-2009, 02:33 PM
Sounds like your video card might have taken a shit. How is it connected (DVI/VGA) and do you have another video card you can use (Sometimes you have a built in video and a separate video card).

leemajors
11-12-2009, 02:42 PM
reseat the card if it's a pci express card, or use the other output if yours has 2.

Leetonidas
11-12-2009, 03:40 PM
Honestly, I don't know shit about the card. It's inside the computer, and this was given to me so I've never messed with it. I have an external video card adapter thing but seeing as how I can't install it because I can't see the screen, it's kinda useless to me right now