PDA

View Full Version : Obama orders intel review on Fort Hood shooting

DarrinS
11-12-2009, 03:08 PM
Gasp! Is he? .... Jumping .... TO CONCLUSIONS!!!

Ruh roh!

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D9BU5G982&show_article=1

WASHINGTON (AP) - President Barack Obama has ordered a review of all intelligence related to Fort Hood shooting suspect Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan, and whether the information was properly shared and acted upon within government agencies.

The review will be overseen by John Brennan, assistant to the president for homeland security and counterterrorism. The first results are due to the White House by Nov. 30.

Obama also ordered the preservation of the intelligence. Members of Congress, particularly Michigan Rep. Peter Hoekstra, the top Republican on the House Intelligence Committee, have called for a full examination of what agencies knew about Hasan's contacts with a radical imam and others of concern to the U.S., and what they did with the information.

The FBI confirmed this week that the U.S. government knew about 10 to 20 e-mails between Hasan and a radical imam beginning in December 2008.

DarrinS
11-12-2009, 03:09 PM
Isn't George Gervin's Afro going to condemn this move by Obama?

ChumpDumper
11-12-2009, 03:10 PM
Gasp! Is he? .... Jumping .... TO CONCLUSIONS!!!No, he isn't.

Oh, Gee!!
11-12-2009, 03:11 PM
not really. he wants to know whether something happened (or failed to happen in this case). In order to discover what he'd like to know, he's ordering an investigation into the very subject about which he'd like to know more. actually, it sounds like the opposite of jumping to conclusions

ChumpDumper
11-12-2009, 03:13 PM
:lol Darrin jumped to the conclusion that Obama was jumping to a conclusion.

DarrinS
11-12-2009, 03:13 PM
not really. he wants to know whether something happened, and is wanting an investigation to consider whether that thing happened. sounds like the opposite of jumping to conclusions

That was deep. I think we can all agree that "something happened".

Oh, Gee!!
11-12-2009, 03:16 PM

or failed to happen if you see my edited post. the something (or lack of something) to which I was referring is the intel gathering and disbursement among appropriate agencies about the shooter before the shooter became a shooter. maybe the attack could have been prevented, and I think that's what Obama wants to know. btw-nice fail at trying to insult my intelligence.

spursncowboys
11-12-2009, 03:17 PM
Lets let the investigation decide if something happened. Don't jump to conclusions.

ChumpDumper
11-12-2009, 03:19 PM
OK, Darrin, SnC.

Tell us all exactly what happened. You obviously have it all figured out and can determine everything with which he and every accomplice you believe he had can be charged.

Let's see your conclusions.

DarrinS
11-12-2009, 03:20 PM
What "possibility" are they investigating?

hope4dopes
11-12-2009, 03:20 PM
Isn't George Gervin's Afro going to condemn this move by Obama? George will let us know in a couple of years.

Oh, Gee!!
11-12-2009, 03:21 PM
What "possibility" are they investigating?

the possibilty that the "intelligence community" could have discovered Hassan and dealt with him prior to the shooting

Oh, Gee!!
11-12-2009, 03:24 PM
the possibility that the army dropped the ball with Hassan and should have relieved him of his duty (booting him from the military)

Oh, Gee!!
11-12-2009, 03:26 PM
that the military should have done a better job working with the feds (and vice versa) to investigate Hassan's odd behavior as a potential safety threat

DarrinS
11-12-2009, 03:27 PM
that the military should have done a better job working with the feds to investigate Hassan's odd behavior as a potential safety threat

What was "odd" about his behavior?

George Gervin's Afro
11-12-2009, 03:27 PM
George will let us know in a couple of years.

hope doesn't need facts in order to make an informed decision..he's already acknowledged that

ChumpDumper
11-12-2009, 03:28 PM
What was "odd" about his behavior?You don't know?

That's rich.

hope4dopes
11-12-2009, 03:29 PM
the possibilty that the "intelligence community" could have discovered Hassan and dealt with him prior to the shooting It seems to me they had discovered him, the questions are, why they hesitated to act, or why was information not shared.
We know that a culture of political correctness within the intelligence bueraucracy was one of the reasons that bulloxed up, what should have been the squashing of the 9-11 attackers, are we seeing the same thing here.

Oh, Gee!!
11-12-2009, 03:30 PM
What was "odd" about his behavior?

aren't you the one who's been posting the articles about what Hassan was doing prior to his attack?

hope4dopes
11-12-2009, 03:30 PM
hope doesn't need facts in order to make an informed decision..he's already acknowledged that Wow I wasn't expecting to hear from you for another 23 months.

Oh, Gee!!
11-12-2009, 03:31 PM
It seems to me they had discovered him, the questions are, why they hesitated to act, or why was information not shared.
We know that a culture of political correctness within the intelligence bueraucracy was one of the reasons that bulloxed up, what should have been the squashing of the 9-11 attackers, are we seeing the same thing here.

seems to me that Obama would like to know the same things. seems to me that is why he's ordering an investigation. maybe you should call him and save him the time and effort.

George Gervin's Afro
11-12-2009, 03:41 PM
Wow I wasn't expecting to hear from you for another 23 months.

I always know where to find the person who doesn't need to know the facts before he posts..

DarrinS
11-12-2009, 03:45 PM
I always know where to find the person who doesn't need to know the facts before he posts..

As far as I know, it's not against the law to speculate based on information currently available. This isn't a court room. If people are willing to speculate that Hasan "snapped" from PreTSD, why are people (liberals and MSM) not equally willing to speculate that Hasan acted on a radical ideogoly? Based on all information currently available, which one seems more likely? Speculate. You're allowed.

ChumpDumper
11-12-2009, 03:48 PM
Wait, you're saying you're speculating?

DarrinS
11-12-2009, 03:49 PM
wait, you're saying you're speculating?

duh!

rjv
11-12-2009, 03:49 PM
if obama had any sense he would just consult this forum and then the investigation would be unnecessary. i mean everyone knows all the answers are here.

George Gervin's Afro
11-12-2009, 03:52 PM
It seems to me they had discovered him, the questions are, why they hesitated to act, or why was information not shared.

:lmao

you're an idiot. you really don't need facts to make an ass of yourself..

hope4dopes
11-12-2009, 03:57 PM
I don't think the goverment after the facts surfaced about how they bungled and ignored the threat of the 9-11 terrorists, can afford another fuck up especially this administration, as it looses traction.I gotta a feeling someones going to be a scapegoated here.

ChumpDumper
11-12-2009, 04:00 PM
I don't think the goverment after the facts surfaced about how they bungled and ignored the threat of the 9-11 terrorists, can afford another fuck up especially this administration, as it looses traction.I gotta a feeling someones going to be a scapegoated here.Well, all Muslims are already being scapegoated on this board.

hope4dopes
11-12-2009, 04:02 PM
:lmao

you're an idiot. you really don't need facts to make an ass of yourself.. George.....aren't you the one who had a thread about Chenney being lord Voldermort. Now you're trying to rebuild yourself as the elder statesman.:lmao

hope4dopes
11-12-2009, 04:02 PM
Well, all Muslims are already being scapegoated on this board.Some days you can't buy a bite.

ChumpDumper
11-12-2009, 04:03 PM
Some days you can't buy a bite.Thanks for posting about me again.

George Gervin's Afro
11-12-2009, 04:17 PM
George.....aren't you the one who had a thread about Chenney being lord Voldermort. Now you're trying to rebuild yourself as the elder statesman.:lmao

cheney is a piece of shit .. no need to rebuild something when it was never broken to begin with.

hope4dopes
11-12-2009, 04:20 PM
cheney is a piece of shit .. no need to rebuild something when it was never broken to begin with.Dude shouldn't we wait at least a decade before we make rash judgments, while we are still caught up in the passion of events. Perhaps with historical hindsight history will indeed find that Chenney was not after all, Lord Voldermort,but perhaps....Doby, or Hagrid ,or even Harry Potter.Blessings.

George Gervin's Afro
11-12-2009, 04:57 PM
Dude shouldn't we wait at least a decade before we make rash judgments, while we are still caught up in the passion of events. Perhaps with historical hindsight history will indeed find that Chenney was not after all, Lord Voldermort,but perhaps....Doby, or Hagrid ,or even Harry Potter.Blessings.

don't need 10 yrs to know he's a piece of shit.

DarrinS
11-12-2009, 05:30 PM
In other news, OJ Simpson was obviously framed by the LAPD.