PDA

View Full Version : Tony Parker Interview 04/19

stéphane
04-19-2005, 05:12 PM
Once again, here's the last TP inteview on his personnal website...
Your fellow french spurs fan translated it for you.
Enjoy and Believe.

Tony, it’s official now, you will face Denver in the 1st round of the PO.

This match up is gonna be tough. They’re on a good streak, even if they lost yesterday against Phœnix. This 1st round reminds me when we faced Phœnix two years ago. Like the Suns at that time, Denver always play well against us (2-2 so far this year). We will have to be “in” and ready to go past this obstacle.

It’s true that Denver is playing really well recently but, as you always said, PO and regular season are two very different things..

Exactly. Since Saturday, it’s a new competition that will start. Even if Denver plays really well since Georges Karl’s arrival, we’re still favorites, and we keep getting back our guys from the IL. That’s why I’m not anxious. If we play the way we’re able to, everything is gonna be alright.

Is Rasho Nesterovic return still scheduled for tomorrow?

Hopefully, that’s what should happen. We’ll know more about it at practice (10am atm in Minnesota). If he feels OK, he’ll play against Minnesota. It’s gonna help him to get back in the rhythm before the first match this week-end.

You were not playing yesterday, when the Spurs were defeated in Memphis. Why?

Pop wanted to rest me. As my stomach was hurting a bit, he felt that it was better for me. But don’t worry, I’m feeling really good today. I’m in great shape and ready to play tomorrow.

You lost on a last second shot of Miller. How do you feel after this loss?

We are disappointed because we were ahead a couple minutes before the end. Sadly, Miller went on fire. On our side, we did some bad mistakes that can’t be forgiven. We have to forget this one and move on.

There was a problem with the buzzer…

(TP cut the interviewer) The shot was good. There’s nothing to say, Memphis didn’t steal their victory.

Minnesota won’t go in the PO, you know you’ll get the 2nd seed of the Western Conference. What will this game look like?

A small soft game, where we mustn’t get hurt. Talking about it, Tim Duncan is really in the good rhythm since he’s back. I don’t feel like he’s anxious or scared about his ankle. This said, We’re really impatient to start the PO. Regular season was long, It’s time for the serious things now.

Go Spurs

bigzak25
04-19-2005, 05:17 PM
thanks for posting stephane.

stéphane
04-19-2005, 05:43 PM
thanks for posting stephane.
my pleasure
I feel like Tony's confidence is REALLY high right now...

td4mvp21
04-19-2005, 06:00 PM
I like that last lines. Sounds to me like they've been bored all season.

xcoriate
04-19-2005, 06:39 PM
Thanks again for this

bigbendbruisebrother
04-19-2005, 09:32 PM
A small soft game, where we mustn’t get hurt. :lol

And eef zay try to hurt Teemie, I'll fart in their general dye-rection.

Here's Tony's predecessor as a French guard:
http://www.intriguing.com/mp/_pictures/grail/large/HolyGrail203.jpg

bigbendbruisebrother
04-19-2005, 09:35 PM
Is Rasho Nesterovic return still scheduled for tomorrow?

Hopefully, that’s what should happen. We’ll know more about it at practice (10am atm in Minnesota). If he feels OK, he’ll play against Minnesota. It’s gonna help him to get back in the rhythm before the first match this week-end.

Oh NO! If Rasho returns and we don't win tomorrow, there is going to be more hand wringing on this board than at laundry hour on the godamn Ganges River.