PDA

View Full Version : Why does everyone hate the Mavs?

borders
11-12-2009, 06:57 PM
I mean I hate them too but it is not like they have ever won anything. Is it because of their gay colors? Their metrosexual billionaire owner? Their superstar kraut that likes to bang ugly old jailhouse trash? Is it that all talk, no balls style of theirs? Choke, choke, choke?

Exactly why are these NBA's own crack hos so despised?

redzero
11-12-2009, 07:01 PM
Meh. I wouldn't care about them if Mavs fans didn't talk shit about the Hornets/Christ Paul every chance they got.

dallaskd
11-12-2009, 07:03 PM
Lol Mark Cuban is farrrr from metrosexual. and im not sure what is so gay about blue and green..

in2deep
11-12-2009, 07:04 PM
Cuban and Carlton is a pretty good reason to IMO

Banzai
11-12-2009, 07:06 PM
Why does everyone hate the Lakers? stupid question of course.

Banzai
11-12-2009, 07:10 PM
Cuban and Carlton is a pretty good reason to IMO

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/m_7c00a563e08ee410b350df456e254083.gif (http://www.threadbombing.com/details.php?image_id=1597)
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/16/hip_shake_gay.gif (http://www.threadbombing.com/details.php?image_id=4324)

spursncowboys
11-12-2009, 07:13 PM
Why does everyone hate Italians? I mean I do too, I just don't know why.

Banzai
11-12-2009, 07:15 PM
Why does everyone hate Italians? I mean I do too, I just don't know why.

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/65/83012977.jpg (http://www.threadbombing.com/details.php?image_id=3804)

Sportstudi
11-12-2009, 07:17 PM
Meh. I wouldn't care about them if Mavs fans didn't talk shit about the Hornets/Christ Paul every chance they got.

Please don't generalize.

T2150
11-12-2009, 07:17 PM
because Dirk is a whinney cry-baby bitch that cries about every call and non-call and their owner is a douche that should keep his nose out of the front office... that and Dirk disgraced & undermined the MVP Award with his pathetic ass play... Spurs fans hate them because the 2006 playoffs was BS- Tim was fouled on his put-back in game 7 but the zebras swallowed the whistle... and because cuban talks shit about SA, thugg jet does the bitch punch you in the balls move and because JJ looks like a midget on 'roids

DPG21920
11-12-2009, 07:18 PM
It is like people that hate when bums ask for money and then go buy beer. Same thing.

djohn2oo8
11-12-2009, 07:22 PM
because Dirk is a whinney cry-baby bitch that cries about every call and non-call

Son, I think you mean Lamar Odom

borders
11-12-2009, 07:24 PM
because Dirk is a whinney cry-baby bitch...

their owner is a douche...

pathetic ass play...

You got some very good additional facts there. :toast

Muser
11-12-2009, 07:24 PM
because Dirk is a whinney cry-baby bitch that cries about every call and non-call

So do you hate Duncan?

borders
11-12-2009, 07:26 PM
because there are so many douchebags on Mavs fanbase

Yes. Almost forgot the fanbase. :toast

T2150
11-12-2009, 07:27 PM
So do you hate Duncan?

I don't dislike him
:hat

DPG21920
11-12-2009, 07:32 PM
Duncan does cry just as much as Dirk. It annoys the crap out of me, especially because his whining does not get him FT's. Double pissed.

badfish22
11-12-2009, 07:33 PM

:lmao Thats just too easy. You're throwin underhand balls down the middle of the plate here cmon

ginobili's bald spot
11-12-2009, 07:39 PM
I don't hate the Mavs. I really have no reason to. Fans usually hate teams that own them in the playoffs. Then they try to rationalize it with lame excuses like "_____ is a douche who whines after every call" when in reality almost every NBA player does that.

hater
11-12-2009, 07:41 PM
:lol upper anus

DPG21920
11-12-2009, 07:44 PM
I don't hate the Mavs. I really have no reason to. Fans usually hate teams that own them in the playoffs. Then they try to rationalize it with lame excuses like "_____ is a douche who whines after every call" when in reality almost every NBA player does that.

So you are saying superstars don't get more calls? Especially some more than others?

dirk4mvp
11-12-2009, 07:46 PM
Most of the fouls Dirk draws are legit. Him and Kobe are the best at getting their defender in bad position.

DPG21920
11-12-2009, 07:48 PM
Not a surprise that a Mav fan would say that, and not a surprise a Spur fan would disagree. I think Dirk gets a lot of calls that are not called on everyone else for the same exact thing. I have seen Duncan bang around a lot more than Dirk and not get nearly the amount of calls.

Duncan does get more calls on the defensive end however.

phyzik
11-12-2009, 07:49 PM
I dont hate the Mavs as a team. I hate individuals associated with the team though. Cuban is a douce bag. Terry and his little airplain move is probably the gayest celebration move ever in the NBA. Its even above KG's pre-game powder in the air shit, more-so with LeBron because he copied that gay move. Some of their fans fight for respect so much that it gets to the point of wanting to slap the shit out of them.

other than that? They have owned the Spurs the past few years.

ginobili's bald spot
11-12-2009, 07:50 PM
So you are saying superstars don't get more calls? Especially some more than others?

Huh? When did I ever say anything about that? I said that almost every NBA player whines after calls. How in the hell do you draw "superstars don't get more calls" out of that?

dirk4mvp
11-12-2009, 07:54 PM
Not a surprise that a Mav fan would say that, and not a surprise a Spur fan would disagree. I think Dirk gets a lot of calls that are not called on everyone else for the same exact thing. I have seen Duncan bang around a lot more than Dirk and not get nearly the amount of calls.

Duncan does get more calls on the defensive end however.

Ducan gets away with a lot more than he should.

DPG21920
11-12-2009, 07:57 PM
On what end? Dirk draws a lot of fouls for a player whos best shot is a fade away.

DPG21920
11-12-2009, 07:58 PM
Huh? When did I ever say anything about that? I said that almost every NBA player whines after calls. How in the hell do you draw "superstars don't get more calls" out of that?

My mistake. Misread that. I agree. Everyone whines and Duncan does it just as much if not more than anyone.

Spursmania
11-12-2009, 08:31 PM
Only Spurs fans hate them, and you have good reason.

You don't give a fuck about Mavs because the only Texas team that has given you guys a rivalry this decade and made Kobe cry like a big baby has been the Spurs. :lol

Houston did play LA well this year but with Yao down there was no real chance they could pull off a game 7 in LA. Again, close but no dice...

Spursmania
11-12-2009, 08:34 PM
I don't really hate the Mavs that bad. I just despise Terry a lot. The ball punch on Fin pretty much sums up the type of asshole the Jet is. He's easy to despise. Mav fans just want to win a ring, but it's a hard road to get there...

Last thing, I do think it's pretty shameless for Mav fans to believe they own us based on last year's debacle:lol GMAFB... Anybody could of beat us at that point, it was a matter of time. No team was going to win a ring with a gimpy star and another star completely out of the series.

dirk4mvp
11-12-2009, 08:40 PM
I don't really hate the Mavs that bad. I just despise Terry a lot. The ball punch on Fin pretty much sums up the type of asshole the Jet is. He's easy to despise. Mav fans just want to win a ring, but it's a hard road to get there...

The countless amount of times Bruce Bowen stepped under jump shooter's feet and flying across the court to kick players in the face pretty much sums up the type of asshole he was.

DPG21920
11-12-2009, 08:51 PM
Seriously...I can count a lot more players that have undercut someone than I can guys who have punched a guy in the nuts during a game. Bruce also is not a self-promoting douche.

dirk4mvp
11-12-2009, 08:53 PM
What's he doing on ESPN then?

ezau
11-12-2009, 08:57 PM
To not hate the Mavs, all you have to do is think about how they choked and 2006 and 2007. It's as simple as that hehe

badfish22
11-12-2009, 09:05 PM
To not hate the Mavs, all you have to do is think about how they choked and 2006 and 2007. It's as simple as that hehe

Is this a Spur version of Culburn?

Darrin
11-12-2009, 09:16 PM
I mean I hate them too but it is not like they have ever won anything. Is it because of their gay colors? Their metrosexual billionaire owner? Their superstar kraut that likes to bang ugly old jailhouse trash? Is it that all talk, no balls style of theirs? Choke, choke, choke?

Exactly why are these NBA's own crack hos so despised?

I don't hate them, despite Jason Kidd. I think they have been one of the elite franchises of this decade. They have a future Hall-of-Famer at the center of their team. If I were putting together an all-decade team, Dirk is my other forward.

An average season is 56 wins and a trip to the second round. They can 3 minutes and a bad foul call from an NBA title in 2006. What's not to like?

I mean, other than the Spurs, who can boast that kind of consistency?

Findog
11-12-2009, 09:21 PM
I don't hate them, despite Jason Kidd. I think they have been one of the elite franchises of this decade. They have a future Hall-of-Famer at the center of their team. If I were putting together an all-decade team, Dirk is my other forward.

An average season is 56 wins and a trip to the second round. They can 3 minutes and a bad foul call from an NBA title in 2006. What's not to like?

I mean, other than the Spurs, who can boast that kind of consistency?

:toast

Culburn369
11-12-2009, 09:34 PM
I hate them because they let the thugs on Miami get ringed. And the whole Shaq rang/sans Kobe thing got started. I never thought it would end. Those 3 years seemed like eternity.

Also because Cuban is so prevalent, but, so displeasing to the eye. He's a little overweight, doesn't dress right. I don't like seeing him.

And because they let themselves down so badly there in the summer of '06. They had that won, and they let it slip away from them and the misery to this day must be palpable. I feel genuinely bad for them and for their fandom. That kind of loss (like '84 for me) never leaves your subconscious.

DPG21920
11-12-2009, 09:47 PM
Most knowledgeable fans respect the Mavs. They are the Spurs rivals though and we don't have to like them.

They are caught in a rough spot. On one hand, as fans, you want your team to win a title. On the other hand, you have to respect consistency like the Mavs. So even though they are consistent, they have fallen short. Teams that win titles can say "we are happy even though we fell short. You cannot win every year..."

But how many times can you take solace in the fact your team did not get "it" done?

bostonguy
11-12-2009, 10:01 PM
I respect the Mavs. I have no hate towards them. The Mavs/Spurs fans feuds are great

Darrin
11-12-2009, 10:37 PM
Most knowledgeable fans respect the Mavs. They are the Spurs rivals though and we don't have to like them.

They are caught in a rough spot. On one hand, as fans, you want your team to win a title. On the other hand, you have to respect consistency like the Mavs. So even though they are consistent, they have fallen short. Teams that win titles can say "we are happy even though we fell short. You cannot win every year..."

But how many times can you take solace in the fact your team did not get "it" done?

It is an interesting question for everyone but Spurs fans. The Lakers won 4 NBA titles in this decade, with the possiblity of winning 5, and played in 6 NBA Finals. Yet, from 2005-2007 they won no playoff series and were 4 games under .500, missing the playoffs in 2005. The Miami Heat won the title in 2006, but they are 37 games under .500 and haven't won a playoff series since that night in Dallas.

The Detroit Pistons, who will have the word "consistent" etched into their epitaph for all to see for years to come (7 consecutive 50-win seasons, 6 consecutive Conference Finals, 2 Finals Appearances, and the 2003-04 NBA Championship), will have to understand that outside that run, they are 155-173 in this decade with 0 playoff game wins and 2 sub-.500 seasons.

All we can ask is that our team is in a position to win a title. While Lakers fans dreamed of what draft pick all the losing would net them in 2005 (Andrew Bynum), the Mavericks won 58 games and won a playoff series. While the Pistons were trying to find the silver-lining in being 18-games under .500 (New Center Ben Wallace had a break-out year), the Mavericks won 53 games and made the second round for the first time in over a decade. While the Heat were tying a franchise-record in losses, the Mavericks were winning 51 games.

In the end, when all that losing piles up, all you can do is look back on those memories (they are great) and hope it comes around again. Teams like the Mavs haven't let the losing pile up yet.

SamoanTD
11-12-2009, 10:56 PM
I hate terry because he's a bitch he just happens to be on dallas lol

DPG21920
11-12-2009, 11:34 PM
Anyone who says the Mavs are losers are sorely mistaken and don't appreciate what it takes to sustain competitiveness over a long period of time. Just a strange thought between appreciating what they have accomplished while at the same time being unsatisfied as a fan.

But with regards to not liking them? I don't like the Mavs or root for them, but they are a top 3 team in my book with regards to watching quality, entertaining basketball.

Thompson
11-13-2009, 12:25 AM
I dislike that the Mavs (or at least their fans) always whine about how the refs screwed them in the '06 finals while conveniently forgetting that those same refs screwed us to help them get there. Even if you ignore all the bad calls (and there were a lot), Dirk fouled Duncan clear as day at the end of regulation in game 7 and they didn't call it.

I hate Terry because he's a dirty little nutpuncher (Finley); he's flagrantly fouled Manu while he was in midair trying to hurt him, and then walked over and offered Manu a hand (for the cameras) like he was trying to be a good sport (Manu said something like 'get away from me.'). He kicks guys in the groin when he drives to the rim and then gets the call against them (see Terry vs. Hill in the last game). He does the stupid 'jet' thing and has his own clothing line. I really loathe the guy.

I hated Stackhouse because of the time he threw Ginobili onto his back as hard as he could, pushed of his neck to pick himself off the ground, and the refs did jack freaking squat about it.

Howard I dislike to a lesser extent, both for his extracurricular activities and statements and for a dirty hit where he swung his arm into Manu's head as hard as he could on Ginobili's dunk of the year (I believe in '07). Wasn't even called for a foul, much less a flagrant.

Dirk I dislike (but don't hate) for the pounding his chest and sticking out his tongue like he's the man, but choking when it's important (frequently, not always). I also hate the fact that he's awkward and flails his arms and gets the call even when there's no foul (as someone mentioned in the other thread it didn't happen much in the last game, but it often does).

Cuban's too easy.

Goran Dragic
11-13-2009, 01:08 AM
Seriously...I can count a lot more players that have undercut someone than I can guys who have punched a guy in the nuts during a game. Bruce also is not a self-promoting douche.

What about guys who do this:

http://lowposts.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/bowen_kick.jpg

Thompson
11-13-2009, 01:21 AM
What about guys who do this:

I'd have to see the video on that one; there was one play with Bowen where the player faked like he was going to shoot and then drove into Bowen's foot (I'm not joking, Bowen spread his feet to cut off the passing lanes while trying to block the shot with his hands).

badfish22
11-13-2009, 01:31 AM
I dislike that the Mavs (or at least their fans) always whine about how the refs screwed them in the '06 finals while conveniently forgetting that those same refs screwed us to help them get there. Even if you ignore all the bad calls (and there were a lot), Dirk fouled Duncan clear as day at the end of regulation in game 7 and they didn't call it.

I hate Terry because he's a dirty little nutpuncher (Finley); he's flagrantly fouled Manu while he was in midair trying to hurt him, and then walked over and offered Manu a hand (for the cameras) like he was trying to be a good sport (Manu said something like 'get away from me.'). He kicks guys in the groin when he drives to the rim and then gets the call against them (see Terry vs. Hill in the last game). He does the stupid 'jet' thing and has his own clothing line. I really loathe the guy.

I hated Stackhouse because of the time he threw Ginobili onto his back as hard as he could, pushed of his neck to pick himself off the ground, and the refs did jack freaking squat about it.

Howard I dislike to a lesser extent, both for his extracurricular activities and statements and for a dirty hit where he swung his arm into Manu's head as hard as he could on Ginobili's dunk of the year (I believe in '07). Wasn't even called for a foul, much less a flagrant.

Dirk I dislike (but don't hate) for the pounding his chest and sticking out his tongue like he's the man, but choking when it's important (frequently, not always). I also hate the fact that he's awkward and flails his arms and gets the call even when there's no foul (as someone mentioned in the other thread it didn't happen much in the last game, but it often does).

Cuban's too easy.

I don't even know where to start here.

There are some smart people here a :toast to darrin and DPG

ElNono
11-13-2009, 01:36 AM
I don't hate the Mavs. I do hate the Lakers.
The Mavs, I actually kind of feel sorry for them. I just know that as long as they have Dirk as their star player they're not going to win anything. They had their best shot in 2006 and they managed to piss it away, further cementing their choking legacy. They're still their usual charmin soft.
I don't know about you, but I can't really hate on a team like that.

Riverwalkman
11-13-2009, 01:45 AM
I do not hate Mavs, I do not hate any NBA team. I love NBA just for fun, not hatred.

Ghazi
11-13-2009, 01:46 AM
I don't hate the Mavs. I do hate the Lakers.
The Mavs, I actually kind of feel sorry for them. I just know that as long as they have Dirk as their star player they're not going to win anything. They had their best shot in 2006 and they managed to piss it away, further cementing their choking legacy. They're still their usual charmin soft.
I don't know about you, but I can't really hate on a team like that.

The butthurt is strong in this one

PuttPutt
11-13-2009, 01:51 AM
I hate the Mavs because, I am a SPURS FAN. The rivalry is great, & it gives me great pleasure to watch Mark Cuban squirm when they lose to my favorite team. It also kills me when they lose to the Mavs. Same goes for the Lakers. I hate them too.

werewolf
11-13-2009, 04:11 AM
I don't hate the Spurs. The only time I dislike them is when we are playing them. I'm a Dallasite first, Texan second. I actually rooted for them in the Finals.

I can understand why you dislike Terry. You do know that his full name is Jason Eugene Terry. Thus, The JET and why he does that airplane thingy. I wasn't crazy about the nut-punch thing either. Finley was my favorite player at one time. C'mon though, you guys had Bowen and you're crying over that?

Bowen seemed like a nice guy but he was the dirtiest player I've seen. Punching someone in the nuts won't end their career, under-cutting jump shooters could. Fortunately (to my knowledge) it never happened. The fact that he would knowingly do it disgusts me.

Cuban doesn't really dislike San Antonio. He says those things to stir things up. He's trying to create a rivalry. We never really had one though until we finally beat you guys in the play-offs.

All in all, it's just a game. I feel good when we win, bad when we lose. I'm sure you do to. It's fun! Now, commence smack talking.

sonic21
11-13-2009, 04:55 AM
the mavs are my 2nd favourite team. I only hate the jazz and the rockets.

sabar
11-13-2009, 04:56 AM
2006 playoffs.

Also, just take a look around here.

scanry
11-13-2009, 09:11 AM
I hate every NBA retarded team except our beloved Knicks.

What's happening Rogue??? :lol

scanry
11-13-2009, 09:18 AM
The Spurs have had 4-5 rivals these past two decades.

The Lakers are our true rivals (and probably our worst matchup).
The Mavs come second, and believe me the Suns were also a very good matchup. The Pistons represented the Spurs of the East, and they've always been my second favorite team.

HORNSWOGGLE
11-13-2009, 10:04 AM
lol mavs

Culburn369
11-13-2009, 10:39 AM
The Pistons represented the Spurs of the East, and they've always been my second favorite team.

& ever since you kicked their ass in the Finals they've thought ever so highly of you all. You two should merge your franchises. Yer adorable together.

Basketballgirl25
11-13-2009, 10:40 AM
well I don't hate a team really, dislike yes. I hate Mark Cuban, so I have to dislike the mavs because he owns them. If he would shut up and not complain about things then I wouldn't hate him so much, I think he just talks to talk. Not all, but some Mav fans are annoying saying they won in 2006, yeah sure refs sucked, but you lost so you didn't win, And those Dirk fans, yeah he is a good player, but not everyone had to think he is god and like him.

egtonecity
11-13-2009, 10:59 AM
I dont hate Terry for being a dirty player, I hate Terry for playing like Jordan everytime he plays the Spurs. Plus he's cocky but thats expected. Dude's a hooper.... Initials or not, the JET - plane thing is gay. My initials spell EGG and every time I score, I scramble. lol .. see? gay.

Dirk is a hooper. His game aint always pretty but he's a hooper, I hate that he isnt on my team.

I dont like the Mavs because they're good and at any point they can run that offense where they give Dirk the ball and everyone else gets the hell out of the way. It's really tough to guard Dirk one on one.

picc84
11-13-2009, 11:06 AM
Dont care for or against dallas.