PDA

View Full Version : Whataburger calling my cellphone?!

Ginofan
11-12-2009, 09:10 PM
Okay some weird and annoying shit just happened.

My brother is over here visiting and just received a phone call saying that my parents house was calling his phone. So he picks up the phone and no one answers for a second, as he's about to hang up the freaking Whataburger guy's voice starts talking about how the A1 Thick and Hearty burger is only around for a limited time blah blah blah. So my brother is like wtf and hangs up. Exactly ten seconds later my cell phone rings saying it's my brother calling me...I'm looking at him and his phone isn't even near him. I answer it and it's the Whataburger guy again....WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON?!?!

Now people are calling us saying why the hell we are calling them with the whataburger thing....and we aren't? Did Whataburger hack our cell phone contact lists or wtf. Seriously this is scary.

Spursfan092120
11-12-2009, 09:12 PM
Wow...that is some weird ass shit...hmm...I have no idea wtf that could be.

Fpoonsie
11-12-2009, 09:40 PM
The A1 Thick and Hearty is back?!?

:hungry:

Kori Ellis
11-12-2009, 10:16 PM
:lol That's the weirdest thing I've ever heard.

Am I understanding you right that when your phone rang, it said your brother's number was calling... but his phone was right there (and obviously not calling)?

That's a weird hack if Whataburger actually managed to do that. I would guess it's majorly illegal. Call The Troubleshooters and expose Whataburger on the news! :)

EricB
11-12-2009, 10:26 PM
Kori is just eager to do that cause she hates Whataburger :)

Texas Chili Dog
11-12-2009, 10:41 PM
the A1 thick and hearty burger is so fucking delicious.

The Reckoning
11-12-2009, 10:59 PM
sweet tits!

how can i make that my voicemail?

SpursBabe99
11-12-2009, 11:03 PM
Ha! That is soooooo crazy! It's like One Missed Call....but w/ food! That's awesome....well dude...tell ur bro to gimme a call when the honey bbq chicken strip sandwhich comes back!!!!!!!! MmMmmm Could eat em everyday!:hungry:

SpursNextRomanEmpire
11-12-2009, 11:37 PM
Very weird

Ginofan
11-13-2009, 03:49 PM
:lol That's the weirdest thing I've ever heard.

Am I understanding you right that when your phone rang, it said your brother's number was calling... but his phone was right there (and obviously not calling)?

That's a weird hack if Whataburger actually managed to do that. I would guess it's majorly illegal. Call The Troubleshooters and expose Whataburger on the news! :)

Yes! It was his number and caller ID and everything but his phone was sitting right there in plain sight making no calls.

I've been googling all day but I haven't found shit on it. So effin' weird.

I. Hustle
11-13-2009, 04:17 PM
You must have been calling phone sex lines and caught a virus.

angel_luv
11-13-2009, 04:19 PM
Ginofan- Did you enter any contest that Whataburger has? Maybe for Spurs tickets? Maybe that is how they got your number.

I. Hustle
11-13-2009, 04:22 PM
Ginofan- Did you enter any contest that Whataburger has? Maybe for Spurs tickets? Maybe that is how they got your number.

That's not what's weird. What's weird is that people are receiving phone calls from Ginofan even though she isn't really calling them.

Slomo
11-13-2009, 04:24 PM
Actually to do that you need to hack the SIM card and spoof the phone's IMEI (unique serial number) and then you can pretend you're someone else.
This fortunately is not that easy to do and you either need physical access to the phone you want to hack (so did you leave it somewhere or someone borrowed it...).
Without physical access it quite difficult to do and requires a few pieces of specialized equipment that should really be only available to the service providers (and I guess a few governmental agencies).
Sounds like a weird technical glitch or a dangerous prank. I would call the phone company.

Ginofan
11-13-2009, 04:34 PM
Actually to do that you need to hack the SIM card and spoof the phone's IMEI (unique serial number) and then you can pretend you're someone else.
This fortunately is not that easy to do and you either need physical access to the phone you want to hack (so did you leave it somewhere or someone borrowed it...).
Without physical access it quite difficult to do and requires a few pieces of specialized equipment that should really be only available to the service providers (and I guess a few governmental agencies).
Sounds like a weird technical glitch or a dangerous prank. I would call the phone company.

Nope we didn't leave our phones anywhere unattended. It started with his first so I'm thinking that it called everyone in his contact list...he's got a first generation iphone but I don't know if that would matter or not, can those things be hacked easliy? And if so, why the hell would Whataburger want to go through all that trouble of doing so and risk getting some type of legal action? Crazy stuff. I might give Sprint a call here in a minute but I usually get someone who can't speak english when I call customer service...so I'm not sure it would be worth the hassle.

lefty
11-13-2009, 04:37 PM
Okay some weird and annoying shit just happened.

My brother is over here visiting and just received a phone call saying that my parents house was calling his phone. So he picks up the phone and no one answers for a second, as he's about to hang up the freaking Whataburger guy's voice starts talking about how the A1 Thick and Hearty burger is only around for a limited time blah blah blah. So my brother is like wtf and hangs up. Exactly ten seconds later my cell phone rings saying it's my brother calling me...I'm looking at him and his phone isn't even near him. I answer it and it's the Whataburger guy again....WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON?!?!

Now people are calling us saying why the hell we are calling them with the whataburger thing....and we aren't? Did Whataburger hack our cell phone contact lists or wtf. Seriously this is scary.

Looks like your brother and one of his friends messed with you :lmao

Think about it; you see his number but his phone is not near him?

bus driver
11-13-2009, 04:42 PM
the A1 thick and hearty burger is so fucking delicious.

just had mine!
after dec 20th it is gone forever!!!! :wow

according the promos at the WB! :bang

http://www.a1supportgroup.com/

Ginofan
11-13-2009, 04:44 PM
Looks like your brother and one of his friends messed with you :lmao

Think about it; you see his number but his phone is not near him?

What?? No, "phone not near him" like as in not in his hand...still visible in the room.

lefty
11-13-2009, 04:47 PM
What?? No, "phone not near him" like as in not in his hand...still visible in the room.
Oh, ok

But maybe his sim card was in his friend's phone at the time

Texas Chili Dog
11-13-2009, 04:55 PM
just had mine!
after dec 20th it is gone forever!!!! :wow

according the promos at the WB! :bang

http://www.a1supportgroup.com/

Then I will just start grilling them myself! :hat

pkbpkb81
11-13-2009, 04:57 PM
crazy man