PDA

View Full Version : Tim Duncan is just "Sevicable"

SpurNation
11-13-2009, 10:13 AM
Heard today on a local morning sport show that they believed the Spurs could insert any "servicable" big in the rotation for Tim and get the same results. That Tim is not the Tim of 5 years ago nor ever will be.

I know he's slowed down due to age and health...but to list him as a "servicable" big was a bit ridiculous.

Russ
11-13-2009, 10:24 AM
It's true, he's only "serviceable" now.

Until May. :)

hater
11-13-2009, 10:24 AM
That Tim is not the Tim of 5 years ago nor ever will be.

that is true.

but he's still the best defensive big man in the team. by far

SpursRulez4eVeR
11-13-2009, 10:25 AM
He is and will always be our Mr.Big Fundamental for as long as he is a BBplayer.:king

FromWayDowntown
11-13-2009, 10:25 AM
what locality is that?

lefty
11-13-2009, 10:27 AM
Unbeavable.

Now sevicable

D-rob fan
11-13-2009, 10:27 AM
I don't agree with that whatsoever. Just look at Tim's game against Chicago. 28 pts, 13 of 19 shooting, 16 rebounds, 3 blocks, and 2 steals. What other big man on our team could possibly do that? Tim can take over games if needed, he just doesn't have to as often as he used to.

BTW, you left out a few letters in "Serviceable".

Obstructed_View
11-13-2009, 10:32 AM
Funny that Timmy's on the downside of his career and manages to put up numbers healthy bigs in their prime only dream of.

coyotes_geek
11-13-2009, 10:33 AM
That Tim is not the Tim of 5 years ago nor ever will be.

Tim can't be the Tim of 5 years ago over an 82 game regular season, but there's no reason to believe that he can't be the Tim of 5 years ago for a 2 month postseason run.

SpurCharger
11-13-2009, 10:37 AM
Timmy Will Be fine Come March, and for the Playoff push... I hope the guy plays 65 games.... that way he is more fresh come playoff time....

dbreiden83080
11-13-2009, 10:42 AM
Tim can't be the Tim of 5 years ago over an 82 game regular season, but there's no reason to believe that he can't be the Tim of 5 years ago for a 2 month postseason run.

Yep Yep.. :toast

dbreiden83080
11-13-2009, 10:42 AM
We'll hear from these tools in May when he is dominating..

phyzik
11-13-2009, 10:44 AM
Call them and tell them you could switch the channel to any other serviceable sports station and get the same shitty, uneducated results.

elbamba
11-13-2009, 10:50 AM
So instead of being the best big man he is in the top 5, who cares?

FromWayDowntown
11-13-2009, 10:50 AM
I'm still curious to know who it was that is alleged to have said this. But assuming for the moment that such a statement was made, this is par for the course with many "NBA fans" and Tim Duncan.

Because he's not flashy, because he's not a quote machine, because he understandably annoys some people, he just doesn't get the "respect" that so many of his colleagues are accorded. He'll go down in history as one of the 10-15 best players in the history of the game, but among his peers, he'll likely be the guy who was least appreciated during his time (Kareem had this problem, too, but I don't think to the same extent that Timmy has).

As it stands, if you asked the other 29 clubs if they'd take Tim Duncan in a swap for their biggest star, I'd guess (without making a list) that at least 20-25 would say yes in a heartbeat. Serviceable, my eye.

It's true that this isn't the Tim Duncan of 2001-03, but few players in history have ever played at that level at any point in their careers. Instead, he's one of the 5 or 6 best big men in the game right now and putting up average numbers that would be competitive with career games for some "serviceable" big guys.

SpurNation
11-13-2009, 10:54 AM
what locality is that?

It was here in San Antonio. They were discussing (leaving it up for debate) that Spur fans would be less likely to miss Duncan than Ginobili.

FromWayDowntown
11-13-2009, 11:01 AM
It was here in San Antonio. They were discussing (leaving it up for debate) that Spur fans would be less likely to miss Duncan than Ginobili.

Well, that explains a lot. Even some Spurs fans take Tim Duncan for granted. . . .

Spurs fans might miss Ginobili more than Duncan, but the San Antonio Spurs have no chance to win a title (in this day and age) without Tim Duncan (absent a trade for the likes of Kobe). That some Spurs fans don't understand that never ceases to amaze me . . . .

Then again, this forum reminds me (almost daily) how lucky we are that saner minds than those of some fans are running the Spurs.

SpurNation
11-13-2009, 11:09 AM
Don't I know. But I'd expect a better comparison than that coming from a "respectable" talk radio host.

Slip of the tongue maybe to just prove his point.

FromWayDowntown
11-13-2009, 11:27 AM
There is a part of me -- the smartassed part, I think -- that would be fascinated to see the Spurs play a serviceable big man (someone on this roster and not named Tim Duncan) at the 4/5 for a while and see just how things go for the Spurs over that stretch of time. I suspect that the Spurs would be serviceable . . . .

Of course, the Spurs fan in me doesn't want to see that at all.

will_spurs
11-13-2009, 11:44 AM
Heard today on a local morning sport show that they believed the Spurs could insert any "servicable" big in the rotation for Tim and get the same results. That Tim is not the Tim of 5 years ago nor ever will be.

Heard today that you could insert just any random guy from the street in a local morning sport show and get even better results, because the current local sport show host really is nothing more than serviceable.

DJB
11-13-2009, 12:06 PM
I don't agree with that whatsoever. Just look at Tim's game against Chicago. 28 pts, 13 of 19 shooting, 16 rebounds, 3 blocks, and 2 steals. What other big man on our team could possibly do that? Tim can take over games if needed, he just doesn't have to as often as he used to.

Winner.

Spurs Brazil
11-13-2009, 12:43 PM
I'm still curious to know who it was that is alleged to have said this. But assuming for the moment that such a statement was made, this is par for the course with many "NBA fans" and Tim Duncan.

Because he's not flashy, because he's not a quote machine, because he understandably annoys some people, he just doesn't get the "respect" that so many of his colleagues are accorded. He'll go down in history as one of the 10-15 best players in the history of the game, but among his peers, he'll likely be the guy who was least appreciated during his time (Kareem had this problem, too, but I don't think to the same extent that Timmy has).

As it stands, if you asked the other 29 clubs if they'd take Tim Duncan in a swap for their biggest star, I'd guess (without making a list) that at least 20-25 would say yes in a heartbeat. Serviceable, my eye.

It's true that this isn't the Tim Duncan of 2001-03, but few players in history have ever played at that level at any point in their careers. Instead, he's one of the 5 or 6 best big men in the game right now and putting up average numbers that would be competitive with career games for some "serviceable" big guys.

:tu

ElNono
11-13-2009, 12:53 PM
There is a part of me -- the smartassed part, I think -- that would be fascinated to see the Spurs play a serviceable big man (someone on this roster and not named Tim Duncan) at the 4/5 for a while and see just how things go for the Spurs over that stretch of time. I suspect that the Spurs would be serviceable . . . .

Of course, the Spurs fan in me doesn't want to see that at all.

Agreed. I think that comment is the typical knee jerk reaction of winning two games without Tim. The reality is that one was against a fairly poor defensive team in Toronto, and the other is a team which plays a lot of small ball in Dallas. Both games being at home didn't hurt either.

But it's foolish to think this can be sustained, especially against tall teams, good defensive teams and on the road.

Whisky Dog
11-13-2009, 12:53 PM
Can you say controversy keeps ratings high? Come on, say it out loud... 20 times in a row if you have to. "Controversy keeps ratings high". Understand? Very good.

What can be a source of controversy that a ratings whore on the radio in San Antonio can use to his advantage? Get in a debate over who's more useful - Manu or Tim D.

Summers
11-13-2009, 01:35 PM
All believers, go kiss your can of SPAM. :)

DMX7
11-13-2009, 01:52 PM
He's still a really good player but not an All-NBA player anymore.

ffadicted
11-13-2009, 01:58 PM
Just look at Tim's game against Chicago. 28 pts, 13 of 19 shooting, 16 rebounds, 3 blocks, and 2 steals. HOW MANY OTHER big man on ANY team could do that? Tim can take over games if needed, he just doesn't have to as often as he used to

Fixed :hat

SamoanTD
11-13-2009, 02:24 PM
I think thats the stupidest thing ive ever heard

Allanon
11-13-2009, 02:33 PM
Why the hell would Timmy need to score 20ppg when the Spurs just added 20ppg Dick in place of Bowen? Timmy is still shooting over 50% and his # of shots per game is down to 11 from 14.

There's only 1 basketball and many hungry mouths to feed.

Look at Duncan's rebounding numbers..he's almost at 12 rebounds a game and that's good for #3 in the NBA.

Timmy's giving up some of his shots to Dick and is rebounding like mad...and for this he gets labeled as "serviceable"? :lol

YoMamaIsCallin
11-13-2009, 02:33 PM
The comeback to this is: Look at the All-NBA team. Tim Duncan made it every year he's been in the league (12 times). The last 2 years he has "slipped" to 2nd team behind some combo of Howard or Garnett or Dirk. If that doesn't make him one of the top 3-5 big men in the league today I don't know what does.

I think you'd trade him for Dwight today just because Howard is younger. I don't think you'd trade him for Dirk or Garnett.

I don't think anyone else would even be in the discussion of a trade. Amare? Thanks, no. Gasol? Closer but I don't think so. Yao is done, probably. Shaq is too old.

JWest596
11-13-2009, 02:52 PM
Tim's abilities then and now and his real contributions and greatness won't ever be appreciated until after he retires. He's the best PF in the history of the NBA for a reason. And for all you doubters the best part is that Tim Duncan doesn't give a tinker's damn what you think. Underestimate Tim Duncan now at anytime at your own risk.

ShoogarBear
11-13-2009, 02:56 PM
Cool. The last big man for the Spurs who kept getting called serviceable was Rasho.

Clearly, Tim = Rasho.

DesignatedT
11-13-2009, 02:57 PM
what local radio said this garbage? im surprised they have enough balls to go on and say something like this in S.A

FromWayDowntown
11-13-2009, 02:58 PM
Cool. The last big man for the Spurs who kept getting called serviceable was Rasho.

Clearly, Tim = Rasho.

To hear the story, some believe that the 2006 Spurs were just more Rasho minutes away from a title.

So if "Tim = Rasho" and if "more minutes for Rasho = title," then Pop just needs to give Tim more minutes and ensure a title.

Sean Cagney
11-13-2009, 03:10 PM
I knew some crap like this was coming from some when we won two in a row and looked better than when he was in there, you could see it coming from a mile away.

He is still an all star and all NBA player when healthy, I would not really call that just servicable. He has lost a step or two true indeed and we all know that, but he is still Tim Duncan at times and thats enough.

FkLA
11-13-2009, 04:34 PM
Simply retarded and idiotic.

This always has been and always will be TD's team until the day he retires. So Tony scored 3 more ppg than him last year, the overall impact Tim has on the game (both sides of the ball) is still miles ahead of anyone on this team including Tony. He's coming off of a 19,11, and 2 season when was the last time a 'serviceable' big man put up those numbers? Or unless theyre basing their assertion on the 5 games Timmy has played this season, 4 of which were blowouts and in which minutes where limited which would make them even more retarded for going off of such a small sample. Barring any major injury, Timmy will still make All-NBA and All-Defensive Teams.

kace
11-13-2009, 04:38 PM

OK. so give me 6 big men better than him in this league.

Rummpd
11-13-2009, 04:44 PM

If healthy the above is complete BS as Duncan consistently does the things that win and do not always show up in the stats. If healthy he will also still average near or above 20 and 10 and was near the top of rebounds and PER leaders when injured.

TIMMYD!
11-13-2009, 05:03 PM
Why the hell would Timmy need to score 20ppg when the Spurs just added 20ppg Dick in place of Bowen? Timmy is still shooting over 50% and his # of shots per game is down to 11 from 14.

There's only 1 basketball and many hungry mouths to feed.

Look at Duncan's rebounding numbers..he's almost at 12 rebounds a game and that's good for #3 in the NBA.

Timmy's giving up some of his shots to Dick and is rebounding like mad...and for this he gets labeled as "serviceable"? :lol

Agreed. :toast
If he wanted to, Tim could put up 20 every night but he doesn't need to and I think he likes it that way.

weebo
11-13-2009, 05:36 PM
what the fuck is sevicable

SpurNation
11-13-2009, 06:19 PM
what the fuck is sevicable

A typo. In my haste and shock of hearing what I heard...I didn't spell check.

Though the word "serviceable" shouldn't need to be spell checked. :lol

My bad.

HarlemHeat37
11-13-2009, 06:20 PM
It's kind of a strange comment that isn't really backed up by anything..

Duncan is putting up 15 PPG, 12 RPG, 2 APG, 1.5 BPG on 54% shooting in just 29 MPG..Duncan is currently #1 on the team in defensive +/- which is expected..while he is no longer elite defensively, he's still good enough to impact a game, especially when you consider that he has very little defensive support around him in the frontcourt(this should change with McDyess picking up on the system, and now that Bogans is actually stopping people on the perimeter)..

Duncan is #3 in the NBA in rebounding despite only playing 29 MPG, which is pretty crazy..the only big men with a higher PER are Bosh and Howard(barely)..he's easily a top 5 big man passer in the NBA, which makes him valuable no matter what..

Pretty impressive for a guy that still hasn't gotten in a basketball rhythm yet..Duncan has only had 1 bad game so far, and then we learned that he played that game(Portland) on a bad ankle that was injured the night before, so he probably shouldn't have even been playing..

The only guy comparable to Duncan if we're looking to compare is KG, and he's putting up worse numbers than Duncan..these guys have stacked teams, they don't have to carry them, especially not in November..

bigbendbruisebrother
11-13-2009, 06:52 PM

:lol That's so true. I can remember during the 2005 run, that was practically his nickname.

The question I had then and I restate now is, what the fuck does serviceable mean? Who on our team is servicing Tim? Or is Tim servicing someone else. I don't get the label.

I get the implication though--Tim is less than he was. The same was said of David Robinson in 2003, but his defense and rebounding helped us clamp down and win the championship.

As for Tim's offense, Allanon is right. In 1999 our offense consisted of dumping the ball to Tim in the post. 10+ years later, the team has more scorers and more offensive versatility. Tim's just not going to get the touches he did then, but it doesn't mean he isn't an effective offensive player.

Solid D
11-13-2009, 07:07 PM

I know he's slowed down due to age and health...but to list him as a "servicable" big was a bit ridiculous.

Was that local show host SpursTalk's own loveable Peter Burns?

Solid D
11-13-2009, 07:07 PM
...he's apt to say just about anything. 'Just sayin'

EmptyMan
11-13-2009, 07:20 PM
We are a jump shooting team now. Even Tim Duncan settles for lame 15ft shots mainly.

If TD can just be stout on defense come playoff time, I will be happy.

He's Tim Duncan though. Tim Duncan. God bless him. Damn this league when TD is retired and gone. :depressed

Solid D
11-13-2009, 07:42 PM
We are a jump shooting team now. Even Tim Duncan settles for lame 15ft shots mainly.

Moreso than in years past but the Spurs are still averaging 41.43 points (42% of their points) in the paint/game and they do have slashers in TP, RJ and Manu.

lennyalderette
11-13-2009, 07:51 PM
like every other season they say hes just getting too damn old OH wait what they clinched their division oh wait theyre facing l.a in wcf then its man timmy is still the best power forward to play the game!! watch these guys are so stupid timmy i think will be just as good as hes ever been watch what happens mid season, and watch them swallow their words it happens every damn year

VI_Massive
11-13-2009, 08:01 PM
I'll take Duncan's "service" any day of the week.

SpurNation
11-13-2009, 08:22 PM
Was that local show host SpursTalk's own loveable Peter Burns?

Don't know who it was. But I wouldn't buy a ticket to listen to their "professional" opinion if I did.

Allanon
11-13-2009, 08:37 PM
I'll take Duncan's "service" any day of the week.

So would D228. :lol

PeterBurns
11-13-2009, 08:50 PM
I get the implication though--Tim is less than he was. The same was said of David Robinson in 2003, but his defense and rebounding helped us clamp down and win the championship.

As for Tim's offense, Allanon is right. In 1999 our offense consisted of dumping the ball to Tim in the post. 10+ years later, the team has more scorers and more offensive versatility. Tim's just not going to get the touches he did then, but it doesn't mean he isn't an effective offensive player.
:bang

Pretty much sums it up. I was talking about how Manu is a bigger key to this season this Duncan is. Without a Slasher/Spot up shooter, Spurs won't get past Lakers. Hell, look at last year vs Mavs.

Duncan reminds me of Robinson in 02, 03. Great games, but clearly the team is moving in a different direction. 4 down is not the play anymore.

Tim Duncan is a god, and the best power forward ever. And it's a shame that no one outside of San Antonio can appreciate the level of his career.

But you're a fool if you think this team is Duncan 1st. It's not. And it's not Duncan's fault.

"Sevicable" was just used to say that the Spurs could win games with their offense with another center. Not saying to trade him or anything like that, just using an example that the offense doesn't flow through TD.

Spurs going to find themselves in a business vs loyalty issue real soon.
Someone will offer Manu 3yr 45 mill. Not sure if the Spurs will.

Spurs took care of Jaren Jackson and Malik and didn't get much back. They've gone down the loyalty route before.

Personally, I think once Duncan leaves, some of the Spurs F.O. decides to ride out with him, so they might not care much for the future of the team regarding contracts...etc.

Manu staying next year probably 70%.
Parker staying after his next contract about 50%

And c'mon don't get carried away. My show is only sevicable, but we are up to almost 10 listeners not counting relatives and co-workers

weebo
11-13-2009, 08:56 PM

Pretty much sums it up. I was talking about how Manu is a bigger key to this season this Duncan is. Without a Slasher/Spot up shooter, Spurs won't get past Lakers. Hell, look at last year vs Mavs.

Duncan reminds me of Robinson in 02, 03. Great games, but clearly the team is moving in a different direction. 4 down is not the play anymore.

Tim Duncan is a god, and the best power forward ever. And it's a shame that no one outside of San Antonio can appreciate the level of his career.

But you're a fool if you think this team is Duncan 1st. It's not. And it's not Duncan's fault.

"Sevicable" was just used to say that the Spurs could win games with their offense with another center. Not saying to trade him or anything like that, just using an example that the offense doesn't flow through TD.

Spurs took care of Jaren Jackson and Malik and didn't get much back. They've gone down the loyalty route before.

Personally, I think once Duncan leaves, some of the Spurs F.O. decides to ride out with him, so they might not care much for the future of the team regarding contracts...etc.

And c'mon don't get carried away. My show is only sevicable, but we are up to almost 10 listeners not counting relatives and co-workers

Ya, but servicable? C'mon man...even now Duncan is more than Will Perdue. Sure the focus has changed but you're blind if you think the Spurs will get anywhere with Duncan just being servicable.

PeterBurns
11-13-2009, 09:01 PM
Ya, but servicable? C'mon man...even now Duncan is more than Will Perdue. Sure the focus has changed but you're blind if you think the Spurs will get anywhere with Duncan just being servicable.

Of course. Can't remember how it came up. Duncan is still a Top 5 Big man in the league.

And look at the Lakers last night. They had something like 78 points in the paint. Unreal. They exposed the Suns as the fraud they always are.

Duncan needs to be healthy deep into the season. Without him you are right, they've got no shot!

SpurNation
11-13-2009, 09:14 PM
I for one understand a slip of the toungue. A typo. A moment of illogical thought.

I'm just an ordinary guy. I can't imagine what it's like to have to be on guard all the time in a professional environment like broadcasting and journalism. I'm sure it wasn't meant the way it came out and hold no ill regard or lack of faith in the person who said it because I'm sure they didn't mean it the way it came out.

signed,
Faithful Listener

my2sons
11-13-2009, 09:14 PM
Timmy's biggest problem was getting off to such a quick start last year. He is a notoriously slow starter and this yr he seems to be back to that slow start. I again through past history have realized that if I let everything that goes wrong with the spurs bother me I will go nuts by rode rode trip, which coincidently is usually the time things tend to go right. So I will give the team til then before I proclaim a player especially a player that has earned the right the benefit of the doubt until rodeo rode trip

ShoogarBear
11-13-2009, 09:20 PM
Duncan has a whole lot more left in the tank than DRob v.2003.

His limitations at this point are still mostly by choice than by attrition. A healthy Duncan in the playoffs is still 20-10 machine.

bigbendbruisebrother
11-13-2009, 09:54 PM
Timmy's biggest problem was getting off to such a quick start last year. He is a notoriously slow starter and this yr he seems to be back to that slow start.

And that's not necessarily a bad thing. I think one of the main reasons the Spurs have had such a successful decade is that when new guys have come on board, they've tweaked things to get them integrated. If the offense still effectively centered on 4 down, what would be the chances that a player like Parker could have ever blossomed? What would be the odds that a player like Jefferson could integrate?

Tim has the humility and intelligence to accept a diminished offensive role (hell, he's promoting that role) for the greater good of the team. What more can you ask for from an aging star? (And what a contrast to Iverson's implosion.)

To switch into full-on star metaphor here, we need Tim to fade gradually and not implode. If he can do so, the post-Duncan era might not be so apocalyptic.

redskinfan
11-13-2009, 10:17 PM

Burns you should have left this alone..TD still has to be accounted for! Do you think any serviceable big man can draws double teams??? Just sayin.

tmtcsc
11-13-2009, 11:43 PM
That was a ridiculous thing to say. The guy is NOT what he used to be, but what he is..is better than most that play his position.

Serviceable ? As in, not the player that the offense revolves around ? Look, let's not get crazy with 2 nice wins at home. If we don't have Tim, we don't win a Championship this year.

He had a bum ankle right ? He tried to play on it and didn't look so good. He'll be fine. I just hope his knee is ok.

lefty
11-13-2009, 11:43 PM
Ubeliebebal

rvman21
11-14-2009, 12:16 AM
that is true.

but he's still the best defensive big man in the team. by far
\

i agree

duhoh
11-14-2009, 03:05 AM
so, does this morning sports show's opinion matter?

DesignatedT
11-14-2009, 03:31 AM
Duncan is nothing like Robinson of 03. Wow seriously is this comparison being made right now? Duncan has a lot more left and tons more to offer then drob did back in 2003.

This Tim Duncan on the decline shit we have been hearing for the past 3 YEARS is really getting old and starting to piss me off.

Yes, we know we have more options now. Yes we shoot more jumpers. Yes Duncan is not the same as 5 years ago. WTF just drop it. He is still the best defensive player on this team and on certain nights is still the best scorer out there for us.

DesignatedT
11-14-2009, 03:38 AM

your a fucking moron. tim duncan is still the engine on this machine.
serviceable big man? are you kidding me?

maybe yall should go back to talking about high school football.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
11-14-2009, 04:49 AM
:lol 8 games into the season and Tim has suddenly become redundant? Gimme a break. This is the kind of comment made by people who look at statistics alone and ignore the player's actual effect on games. Timmy affects a game in so many intangible ways on both ends of the court - he creates angles for drivers, draws doubles, quarterbacks the defence, etc. - and since he's older nowadays he seems to gradually ramp these things up as the season progresses. The NBA season is a marathon, not a sprint.

Revisit this thread in April and see whether thoughts like this are still bandied about.

Zzakk's Garage
11-14-2009, 05:57 AM
It's only through great restraint that many of us fans are only talking about Tim's 5th ring this season instead of looking ahead to 7.

What he does for the Spurs on the bench and in the locker room and practices cannot be measured by stats. Duncan quietly brings everyone on the team to a higher level.

I'll take TD21 in his final years over ANY other big in the NBA with no reservations.
Ask the coaches and owners if they would give Tim twice what we're paying him right now?

portnoy1
11-14-2009, 06:01 AM
He just plays smart. He has obviously gotten a bit slower offensively and defensively. But he can still take alot of these young guys to school on the low-block. Simply put there swinging and blocking air cause he throws a few pump fakes and lays it up. Smart basketball without the flash. Kevin Mchale of the 2000's except timmy passes the ball whereas KMchale was known as the blackhole.

benefactor
11-14-2009, 12:39 PM
Duncan has a whole lot more left in the tank than DRob v.2003.

His limitations at this point are still mostly by choice than by attrition. A healthy Duncan in the playoffs is still 20-10 machine.
:tu

exstatic
11-30-2009, 07:59 PM
Update: serviceable big wins player of the week for the WC!!

TIMMYD!
11-30-2009, 08:01 PM
Update: serviceable big wins player of the week for the WC!!

Call that serviceable bitches! :flag:

DesignatedT
11-30-2009, 08:09 PM
HAHA where is that D-BAG now???????????????????????????????????????? Tim Duncan is just serviceable... you fucking fool

Dex
11-30-2009, 08:09 PM
:lmao

This thread will get funnier and funnier as it gets bumped over the season.

If "serviceable" means good enough for Player of the Week, 7th in Overall Efficiency, 4th in Hollinger's PER, and Spurs leading scorer and rebounder and third-leading disher...

Well, I'll take serviceable all season long then, plz.

UnWantedTheory
12-01-2009, 12:24 AM
When I first read this, I wasnt sure if it was a joke or not....but now I know that those who look at Duncan as just "sevicable" are wetawded. 20 & 10 baby.

UnWantedTheory
12-01-2009, 12:26 AM
And daddy can do that all day everyday...with the exceptions of back to backs and blowouts. :) Well maybe not,...but pretty damn close. He may not be the Duncan of old, but he can still be a consistent 20 & 10 player. For this year anyways.

EricB
12-01-2009, 12:34 AM
HAHA where is that D-BAG now???????????????????????????????????????? Tim Duncan is just serviceable... you fucking fool

Do the world a favor of turning off ur computer and getting amnesia about the URL of this website.

Solid D
12-01-2009, 12:38 AM
From what I hear, Peter Burns is a good golfer, a decent poker player, and he talks on the radio.

DesignatedT
12-01-2009, 12:57 PM
Do the world a favor of turning off ur computer and getting amnesia about the URL of this website.

thats not nice.

phyzik
12-01-2009, 01:30 PM
Poor Peter Burns :lol

He's going to have a hard time living this one down. Spurstalk has a long memory.

howbouthemspurs
12-02-2009, 04:20 AM
TO those who believe that Tim Duncan is now just some other "big" in the league, you have absolutely no clue to what you are talking about and you must be high on crack. Tim does what he has too, like he always have. He is still one of the best all around players in the league! Anyone in the league will tell you Tim is still Tim.

FromWayDowntown
12-02-2009, 07:56 AM
From what I hear, Peter Burns is a good golfer, a decent poker player, and he talks on the radio.

Until about 2 weeks ago, I lived just around the corner from him, too.