PDA

View Full Version : New reality show to include Ginobili and 24 young players

ElNono
11-13-2009, 01:43 PM
New reality show to include Ginobili and 24 young players

November 12, 2009 - Cancha Llena

It will include kids from Argentina and United States, ages between 15 and 18 years old; It can be seen on Fox.

All the young people born between 1991 and 1994 that know how to play basketball can sign up to participate in the audition where the participants of the new Manu Ginobili reality show will be selected.

The official launch of this new venture from the great San Antonio Spurs star and the kids will be next friday in the Panamericano Hotel in Buenos Aires. This is a program organized by 16:14 Entertainment that already did a first experience of this kind with Kobe Bryant, in China, a few months ago.

The reality show, that can be seen on Fox in March, is also set to include young players from the United States. There will be 4 from New York, 4 from Chicago and 4 from Los Angeles. In Argentina, the auditions are to be conducted in Buenos Aires on the 11th of next month, where 40 kids will be pre-selected and then only 6 will make it to the show and also in Cordoba, on the 16th, with the same selection system.

The 12 Argentina and United States nominees will participate in a campus hosted by club Maccabi San Miguel, where they will live between the 2nd and 7th of January 2010. It should be noted that they will not be locked up inside a house, but they will share activities all 24 hours. Then there will be a new elimination round and only 8 of each country will remain. Those 16 will travel immediately to San Antonio, where Manu will join them in many activities. On Jan 11 they'll meet Kobe Bryant, on the 12 they'll watch the San Antonio-Lakers game on the AT&T Center and on Jan 15 they will return to Mar Del Plata, Argentina. The 16 and 17 they will train in Punta Sur, the 18 on the Polideportivo and the 19 it will be a great ending with a game among the 16 participants. Manu will start recording ads and promos tomorrow in San Antonio. Because he's an ambassador to Unicef, he will also teach education and health related topics. He also has another great news prepared for the next few hours. A great surprise.

LINK in Spanish (http://www.canchallena.com/1198559-lanzaran-un-reality-show-con-ginobili-y-24-jovenes)

Blackjack
11-13-2009, 01:51 PM
:hungry:

Not only for the show, but that Spurs-Lakers game can't get here soon enough..

urunobili
11-13-2009, 01:53 PM
Kobe and Manu both teaching these kids??? are you kidding me? you gotta love Kobe to do this on his time in San Antonio.. i bet nike is all over this too... :tu

ElNono
11-13-2009, 01:56 PM
It would be nice to know where are the auditions for NY, Chicago and LA...
Not that an old fart like me could participate, but at least to get the word spread out.

urunobili
11-13-2009, 02:02 PM
It would be nice to know where are the auditions for NY, Chicago and LA...
Not that an old fart like me could participate, but at least to get the word spread out.

ElNono... do you know somebody at canchallena that may know? i have a friend in NYC whose son could be eligible and he plays gr8...

mexpurs21
11-13-2009, 02:03 PM
New reality show to include Ginobili and 24 young players

November 12, 2009 - Cancha Llena

It will include kids from Argentina and United States, ages between 15 and 18 years old; It can be seen on Fox.

All the young people born between 1991 and 1994 that know how to play basketball can sign up to participate in the audition where the participants of the new Manu Ginobili reality show will be selected.

The official launch of this new venture from the great San Antonio Spurs star and the kids will be next friday in the Panamericano Hotel in Buenos Aires. This is a program organized by 16:14 Entertainment that already did a first experience of this kind with Kobe Bryant, in China, a few months ago.

The reality show, that can be seen on Fox in March, is also set to include young players from the United States. There will be 4 from New York, 4 from Chicago and 4 from Los Angeles. In Argentina, the auditions are to be conducted in Buenos Aires on the 11th of next month, where 40 kids will be pre-selected and then only 6 will make it to the show and also in Cordoba, on the 16th, with the same selection system.

The 12 Argentina and United States nominees will participate in a campus hosted by club Maccabi San Miguel, where they will live between the 2nd and 7th of January 2010. It should be noted that they will not be locked up inside a house, but they will share activities all 24 hours. Then there will be a new elimination round and only 8 of each country will remain. Those 16 will travel immediately to San Antonio, where Manu will join them in many activities. On Jan 11 they'll meet Kobe Bryant, on the 12 they'll watch the San Antonio-Lakers game on the AT&T Center and on Jan 15 they will return to Mar Del Plata, Argentina. The 16 and 17 they will train in Punta Sur, the 18 on the Polideportivo and the 19 it will be a great ending with a game among the 16 participants. Manu will start recording ads and promos tomorrow in San Antonio. Because he's an ambassador to Unicef, he will also teach education and health related topics. He also has another great news prepared for the next few hours. A great surprise.

LINK in Spanish (http://www.canchallena.com/1198559-lanzaran-un-reality-show-con-ginobili-y-24-jovenes)

And none from San Antonio :rolleyes

urunobili
11-13-2009, 02:06 PM

Manu is not the one organizing this...

angel_luv
11-13-2009, 02:08 PM
Sounds awesome!

I hope the contestants have dinner up in the Terrace Club resturant when they come to the Spurs game. I'm sure they would really enjoy the food and experience.

mexpurs21
11-13-2009, 02:08 PM
Manu is not the one organizing this...

Then redirect my comment to 16:14 Entertainment :toast

ElNono
11-13-2009, 02:11 PM
Here's the 16:14 Entertainment web page:

http://1614ent.com/

They have a contacts section there.
And the Chinese show with Kobe referenced in the article was called 'Kobe Mentu'.

coyotes_geek
11-13-2009, 02:12 PM

San Antonio isn't exactly known as a hotbed of up and coming basketball talent.

mexpurs21
11-13-2009, 02:18 PM
San Antonio isn't exactly known as a hotbed of up and coming basketball talent.

Agree,
but 4 kids, come one you could find 4 talented kids anywhere.

JudynTX
11-13-2009, 02:21 PM
:tu

coyotes_geek
11-13-2009, 02:26 PM
Agree,
but 4 kids, come one you could find 4 talented kids anywhere.

The 4 kids you end up with from LA, New York or Chicago are going to be more talented than the 4 kids you end up with from San Antonio. Not to mention the 4 kids from LA, New York and Chicago will get more people to turn on their TV's than 4 kids from San Antonio would, which is all that this is really about anyways.

Buddy Holly
11-13-2009, 02:55 PM
The 4 kids you end up with from LA, New York or Chicago are going to be more talented than the 4 kids you end up with from San Antonio. Not to mention the 4 kids from LA, New York and Chicago will get more people to turn on their TV's than 4 kids from San Antonio would, which is all that this is really about anyways.

WTF? So bigger market equals better talent? :rolleyes And I doubt where these kids come from will have any barring on the ratings, none.

coyotes_geek
11-13-2009, 03:10 PM
WTF? So bigger market equals better talent? :rolleyes

Yes. If you don't believe me then start counting NBA players who grew up in San Antonio and compare that number to the number of NBA players who grew up in Los Angeles, Chicago and New York.

And I doubt where these kids come from will have any barring on the ratings, none.

Please explain.

Interrohater
11-14-2009, 12:55 PM
Come on man, if someone really thought he had skills to get on the show, he'd enter and pay the $500 for airfare and hotel. It's not a ridiculous sum of money. San Antonio Schman Antonio

Buddy Holly
11-14-2009, 01:18 PM
Yes. If you don't believe me then start counting NBA players who grew up in San Antonio and compare that number to the number of NBA players who grew up in Los Angeles, Chicago and New York.

I honestly would love for you to explain rationality your theory that "larger metro = better talent."

The only argument is "more people = more of a chance for good talent" but that's not the point of what I'm getting at.

Does living in a in a top 3 metro make you taller? faster? a better shooter? :lol

Please explain.

These people are nobodies, they aren't going to draw any ratings alone themselves nor is where they come from going to draw ratings, what's going to draw ratings are Manu and Kobe.

Seriously, do you honestly think someone's going to run home and watch this because "Martin from New York and Ted from LA are going to be on!!" No.